LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What interest ?

So I was just thinking today about my father and the directional interest he instilled in me and thought it might make a good topic.

As a little boy my father would ask me to help him work on the car , all I would really do is watch him and hand him tools but as a very young child it felt good to get a little greasy with my dad and feel I had a part in fixing the car.

Flash forward many years ! 

I seldom have to get any automotive work done that I can't fix myself and cars ,Jeep's , motorcycles or anything with an engine drives my passion and hobby .

So the big question is what interest did your mother or father impart to you that has changed your life or directed the path you took?

I was raised on a farm my whole life and now I am a rancher myself. I love everything about it. From bailing hay, working cows, etc. I love it even more now! My dad taught me to drive trucks and tractors at a very young at out of necessity. Also was working cattle and helping with feeding, etc my whole life. Always good times on the farm! I’m also in East Texas.

That's cool Txdiaperd , so many of our younger generations know nothing about hard work .

I bailed hay once when I was 12 ,the bails where a little wet and had to weigh  as much as me .

God that was some of the hardest work I ever can remember, my whole body ached the next day, fingers and all but I went to work the next day ,they kept me mostly in the loft that day it was a little easyer but I didn't want to give up however by the next day we where through and my hay bailing days where over .

I stuck to mowing grass after that .

• Like 1

I really love learning new things and fixing stuff .

Whenever possible I like  to to research on the net the symptoms of my cars , appliances or any other mechanical device might be having and then trying to fix it myself. Most of the time I find I can fix em and save alot of money. It's kind of like solving a rittle.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:04 AM, Galaxie 66 said:

So the big question is what interest did your mother or father impart to you that has changed your life or directed the path you took?

My parents divorced when I was 2 yrs old, after that happened my father was absent from my life and my mother suffered from major depression and still does to this day. So neither one imparted anything that changed or directed a path for me. It was my grandfather who was a big influence on me and spent time teaching me many things. He enjoyed repairing things around the house and tinkering with his car. I remember him teaching me everything that dealt with plumbing and a little bit of electrical. When his car needed repairs I would help him with the repairs. 

Fast forward many years until now, I have a degree in construction management with 25 years of experience.  

Penry , there is always that one special person that influences us . Your grandpa sounds like he was a great role model , I never got to be around my grand parents much we always lived to far away so visits where very seldom.

Sometimes I wish I would have been pushed a little harder in school I never was much for academics so I never did much after HS but go to work . However it was through my work that I met my wife and she has made my life complete. 

Well...my mom instilled in me a lot of spirituality, Eastern Philosophy, and metaphysical mumbo jumbo; bit of herbalism too, but I don't see that as mumbo jumbo as much as some of the more airy fairy metaphysical theories out there...don't get me wrong; I totally understand that weird things can happen which seem to defy explanation, I've SEEN some of those pretty weird things lol (Ghosts, UFOs, Bigfoot, and a sea monster of some kind in a lake, to be precise....though to be completely honest, it only remained a mystery for a couple years or so until it was discovered that a giant 20 ft long White Sturgeon had managed to snake it's way down a small creek/river that connected to the Pacific Ocean. It was pretty awesome for a while though haha; thing was wrecking boats and stuff. XD). 

Now my father....he was never really a daddy. He feared the end was nigh all my childhood, and instilled in me that I had to be ready for anything because I could DIE AT ANY MOMENT! Lol. .....Now I've moved thousands of miles away, and I'm being trained by an eighty year old German man and Aikido Grandmaster in the ways of the Samurai warrior. =P

WAY different stuff than my father was teaching me how to do lol. Sensei's somewhat distancing himself from me to make sure I'm dedicated and not just going to leave after learning how to fall down lol. So, I'll just assume he's not going to start training me in the really spooky stuff until I'm at least a black belt. That'll take five years. At the absolute least lol; that's if I'm like, obsessed with showing up every single time for each two hour long class three nights a week with no sick days or absences or vacations, NADA! Lol. So far I've only missed ONE class. Started on February 19th. We only have two colors of belts in our dojo/study group: White and Black. So yep; probably gonna be a white belt for the next five years. XD

....At least.

PS: Huh....weird how my current path is an odd blend of both what my mother and my father instilled in me. XD Senseis top students serve as instructors; their specialty is the technical aspects of Aikido. Sensei's specialty is the "Ki" part of Aikido. 

Seen him do some pretty amazing things. One time, (he broke his back when he was my age, and he had a stroke eleven years ago leaving large parts of his body completely numb; he can barely walk without a cane (or a jo staff when he shows up at the dojo; he usually doesn't). So keep that in mind for this next part lol). He got up from his chair, we all assumed our seiza sitting positions at the edged of the dojo, he invited all the black belt students to come attack him as he hobbled to the center of the dojo. Then, with one hand mind you, proceeded to throw them all over the dojo by a single one of their finger tips, lmao.....my jaw dropped open kneeling there and I looked like a kid who just witnessed a Christmas Miracle; wide-eyed with a big goofy grin on my face. XD .....I think I'm in love! Lol. 

• Like 1

Galaxie 66,

Yes my grandfather was a great role model for me when I was growing up. I feel pretty fortunate that he is still living, he turns 94 yrs old next month. 

That's awesome that your wife has made your life complete, not many people can say that or experience it. 

My Father loved to read and build book cases, cabinets, tables and anything else with wood, just as a hobby of course. Together we built the first 2 book cases in my house and since his passing, I have built 3 more and they are all filled with his as well as my favorite books.

I think sometimes even if we didn't particularly enjoy our childhood or even our parents ,that if we look hard enough we can find some good .

My parents and I were never really close ,lm the polar opposite of everything they believed in and chose a tottaly different parenting style but to look for some of the good things they imparted to me helps reconcile the past.

I feel so different from both of my parents. My dad is always enjoyed working on stuff - we remodeled my bedroom when I was in high school, when I got a car we would work on it together, and it seemed like most weekends growing up there was just some little project to work on. He always asked for / needed my help, but I never enjoyed it. I mostly would just hand him tools and screws, which was beyond boring. On occasion, I would pick up a hammer or screwdriver and try to help but he would always be on my back. He'd say "Remember lefty-loosey!" every time I picked up a screwdriver for my entire adolescence, which didn't make me feel good. He kinda had the right to do so, though, because I was known for stripping screws, and not doing that great of a job. Of course, I have a ton of respect for him but this was just a source of stress growing up.

My mom also has her projects, painting something, baking something, shopping for something. Again, I somehow never felt connected to these when I would help. I honestly don't know why I feel such a disconnect from my parent's hobbies. But, shopping just always takes so much energy out of me. Baking can be fun but, again, there's a lot of potential for error and serving up a cake or pie that isn't a 10/10 is just not fun. I guess, with both of my parents, I never really felt any pride in any of the work that I did with them.

So, I feel disconnected from my parents, and to be honest I think they feel disconnected from me. I went on a totally left-field path in life, considering where I came from. As a kid, I played video games and read. As an adult, I moved to France, study(-ied) literature. Another sibling of mine is in the medical field, and when we talk about jobs and professions it's obvious that my parents can more easily connect with my sibling than with me (context: mom is a doctor). 

So, this is a little depressing and mopey, but I do want to answer the topic question! Despite not connecting with my parents' hobbies, I feel that a lot of my patience and understanding with other people comes from my parents and the advice they would give me growing up. This definitely comes across as arrogant, but I feel wise a little bit beyond my years, I feel that I listen well, and am curious about helping other people, and I think that has to do with my upbringing. I may not work well with wood, or care to paint furniture, but I do feel like I inherited a sort of skill set from my parents.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:04 AM, Galaxie 66 said:

My mother always sang. She was able to play some piano by ear, mostly. As a kid, she even sang on a regular radio broadcast with members of her family, my aunts, a cousin or two perhaps.

Dad also sang. He was the middle one of seven boys. He once told me that as long as there were four of the boys living at home, they always had a men's quartet. In fact, when as long as any four of them were still alive, whenever they could get together, they always used to sing. Frustrated the heck out of my mom however, because they'd always end up singing and making up goofy verses to well known songs, and cutting up generally.

Participation in choral groups, was greatly encouraged in our house. I sang in school choral groups, and church choral groups. To this day, I love singing in duos, trios, quartets, and mass choral groups.

Private music lessons were there for the asking. I studied piano for several years before switching to guitar on Christmas Day, 1969. From that, I guess you can figure out what my Christmas present was that year! Yup, I had my first three chords, and Bob Dylan's "Blowin' In the Wind"  down pat by the time company came for Christmas dinner.

Over the years, I've been in all kinds of bands, even had the good fortune to do some regional touring back in the '90s. I'm still playing in a band, and teaching what I love. Life is good.

I never grew up with my biological father as he and my mom split when I was a year and a half. My step-father is a person I really admire and he instilled in me a love for astronomy. He and I would go to star gazing parties and he always knew when there was going to be a solar eclipse, a full moon or when one planet would be closest to the Earth ect... Unfortunately, I have a real bad short-term memory so every thing I read or see on t.v. doesn’t stick. That is why repetition is the key for me.

My dad instilled in me several things, a love for fishing, camping and painting (houses, interiors mostly), sadly I rarely have the chance for any of that, all 3 require some form of transportation, mine being my own 2 feet or a bus. Living in walking distance to work makes owning a car pointless, not to mention my building doesn't have any parking for tenants.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:19 AM, Dubious said:

I have learned that if I don't do it myself, it wont get done, so I can do and have done about everything

The stuff I'm unsure about, I google

Dubious , I'm the same way but I love it , I'm currently building a trail Jeep and have plans of taking it out very soon , I'm hoping it will preform the way I want it to other wise it will be ( Just empty every pocket ) 

There's alot of satisfaction to be had from being self reliant , plus alot of money to be saved .

My father was a life long learner, he would hear about something and would want to learn about it. When I was growing up I watched him study things like history, string theory, black holes, and a lot of other interesting topics. Now that I am in my mid 20's I can see that I have become a lot like him. I love to learn every chance I get and one day I hope to share this with my children. He also taught me yo love black coffee lol.

Love my black coffee , never studied string theory , I learn better by doing things hands on and really like to research things that peak my interest on the net ,more especially while diapered  when possible.

From my stepfather, I learned following instructions is important unless you want the inflatable pool to collapse multiple times.  (Actually, my mom's the one who read the instructions and fixed the pool after the water bill got larger than my stepdad's ego. :roflmao: )

On 5/11/2018 at 7:53 AM, Cute_Kitten said:

From my stepfather, I learned following instructions is important unless you want the inflatable pool to collapse multiple times.  (Actually, my mom's the one who read the instructions and fixed the pool after the water bill got larger than my stepdad's ego. :roflmao: )

Love it Cute kitten