LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Up Coming Cruise May 6th NCL

Just wanted to post to see if anyone was going on the same cruise i am going on!  Sailing out of Miami FL on Sunday May 6th on Norwegian Getaway.

Would be awesome to know others that are into diapers are going to be on the sail sailing!

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

Does the boat go to Norway?, cause of the name..

Odd Joke or perhaps you have not got out of playing with toy boats in a bathtub.

Actually 97% of the Cruises of NCL have nothing to do with Norway.

I have been on Norwegian Cruises (NCL) Alaska - Panama Canal - Western and Southern Caribbean and Canada New England

and that only represents less than half of NCL cruises in smaller ships.

The -AWAY class ships 1000 feet in length - passenger capacity over 4000 are floating hotel amusement parks - something for everyone.

The OP sailing on May 6th Western Caribbean

SHIP Norwegian Getaway

CRUISE PORTS Embark Miami (Florida); Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Harvest Caye (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); Cozumel (Mexico); Disembark Miami (Florida)

NCL LINK:

DiaperLover84 - enjoy your cruise - wish I was there but I am waiting for my ship to come in for the October Fall foliage Canada New England trip.

I took the behind the scenes tour on an RCI cruise last month and found out something interesting.  Apparently all garbage is gone through and sorted: glass gets collected together, plastic bottles together, food waste, paper waste, etc.  The room steward does it for each cabin, and other employees are assigned to do it for the rest of the ship.  Apparently this means no matter how well I bagged up a used diaper, someone was going to have to open the bag and go through it anyway.  

17 hours ago, DiaperLover84 said:

Just wanted to post to see if anyone was going on the same cruise i am going on!  Sailing out of Miami FL on Sunday May 6th on Norwegian Getaway.

Would be awesome to know others that are into diapers are going to be on the sail sailing!

A diapered cruise? I think you owe us stories when you get back.

35 minutes ago, dyperbole said:

I took the behind the scenes tour on an RCI cruise last month and found out something interesting.  Apparently all garbage is gone through and sorted: glass gets collected together, plastic bottles together, food waste, paper waste, etc.  The room steward does it for each cabin, and other employees are assigned to do it for the rest of the ship.  Apparently this means no matter how well I bagged up a used diaper, someone was going to have to open the bag and go through it anyway.  

Not to fret or make a deal about it - the garbage mate on the recycle deck is not going to perform a DNA analysis of the scat.

Obvious recycle trash is easily gone thru and sorted - and then there is the other stuff that when the ship makes a port call it is

taken to that ports landfill and the waste tanks emptied - for an accurate answer ask the crew at a Meet & Greet party or Roll

Call party. You mentioned about the Behind the Scenes Tour take it and find out all about the recycle sorting and what goes

on below the passenger cruise decks.

Almost all ships have a code of ethics regarding not dumping trash into the Ocean (sea) - smokers are advised not to throw their

cigarette butts and other trash into the ocean. Sure it is a big ocean but right now there is a Texas size garbage mess of plastics

and trash from the past year tsunami and storms in the Pacific - Alaska and Hawaii have a perpetual tidal wave of trash on their

shores.

Getting back to your little ole diaper thing - just put it in the bathroom trash can and forget about it ! 

"BUT AYE MATEY DO NOT FLUSH THE DIAPER DOWN THE TOILET"

The ships maintenance engineer will have you walking the plank or unblocking the sewer line for some 50 cabins on the same sewer line

and the smell will not be user friendly. 

If you are traveling by air to the port most airplanes have the advanced vacuu flush system - "NO DIAPERS HERE EITHER" ! 

Good info.  However, I will refrain from bringing colorful AB/DL diapers on the ship in the future.  I don't mind my room steward knowing I'm incontinent.  I do mind my room steward knowing I'm a big baby; only my wife needs to know that.  :P

Thanks for the post!  Yea i kinda figured that how the garbage went.  This will be my 10th cruise and only 5 have i had a diaper or several with me.  This time im bring a few extras.  Was thinking the Pink Princess ones, but then thought ehh maybe the bambino diapers.  And now that i am only weeks out, i may just bring my wellness briefs because those are just adult diapers and function well.  Im sure i will have updates and new posts when i get back.  A few years back i say a few sissys on the ship decked out to the nines with dresses and everything.  I wish i had the never to ask if they were wearing or had any extra diapers lol.

On 4/11/2018 at 8:23 PM, dyperbole said:

Apparently this means no matter how well I bagged up a used diaper, someone was going to have to open the bag and go through it anyway.  

Ask your steward for medical waste bags.  Saves them the trouble of sorting your dirty diapers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!
Thanks for the tip!  I usually bring little diaper bags to put them in so that when they do sort they know what it is without having to handle a dirty diaper.  I only wet my diapers on the cruise except for the last night, when it's a full out mess.  Gotta finish with a bang!

So i am finishing my packing for this upcoming cruise and can't decided what to pack.

I have the following to pick from:

Abena's X-Plus
Wellness Briefs
Tena Maxi Slips
Bambino Classico, Teddy, Bellissimo
DC Amor
ABU Prescchool & Little Paws
Depends Tape On 
And misc vintage attends ect.

Not sure what to pack!!!

20 hours ago, DiaperLover84 said:

So i am finishing my packing for this upcoming cruise and can't decided what to pack.

I have the following to pick from:

Abena's X-Plus
Wellness Briefs
Tena Maxi Slips
Bambino Classico, Teddy, Bellissimo
DC Amor
ABU Prescchool & Little Paws
Depends Tape On 
And misc vintage attends ect.

Not sure what to pack!!!

Simply take the smallest (in physical volume not content) lightest weight and a few extras for the unexpected bout with something disagreeable you eat on board.

After all you are going to have to LUG all those diapers as luggage on board (fortunately it will be a one-way trip for the diapers).

If traveling by air keep the weight and size down to something manageable - as for size a two week cruise would be about a 5th of the average suitcase***.

Doing a 30 day transatlantic trip might need half of a suitcase***.

*** Suitcase sizing variable as well as the diapers

Consider then the other essential items required - powder oil wipes (optional plastic panty - paci #) and then the rest of the wardrobe.

Consider what you would bring for a baby on board (that big baby being you) but you don't need to bring the whole entire nursery along.

And as for drink on board be careful that you don't get carded (age) ordering a Scotch and wa-wa in a sippy cup ! ROFLOL ! 

So i decided on what i am bring!  I am going to pack some vintage attends stuffed with booster.  Figured no better way to enjoy these old crinkly, super smooth diapers :) Have enough for one every other night on ship so that I don't run out of space so i am bring 5 total.  Should be a great time!