LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I keep thinking about having the talk

The talk about why I wear diapers that is.

Let me start by saying I didn't ever plan on this side of me becoming known by my family, but I got busted in the past in several ways and sometimes my mom asks me if I'm wearing a diaper or why I wear diapers.

I know explaining it can be lead to bad things

But "the cat is out of the bag" as they say; by which I mean my mom knows I wear and use diapers (I've never explained why) and I'm living at home and probably will keep living at home for a while.

And a half case of diapers was delivered this morning (I ordered two half cases, one of them being Tykables Overnights, and you cant predict when Tykables will actually be in stock, or ship your order; it took close to 2 weeks from order to shipment and it shipped too late last week so I knew it was gonna get delivered today)

So I may get asked again why I wear diapers (she has asked me a few times in the past, but I stay in awkward silence as I don't really know the perfect words to say or how the conversation will go).

If I get asked I plan to simplify it and say it's a way to relieve stress (its half of the truth, I'm not even gonna attempt explaining how it can be a sexual thing for me too as that would be the worst thing to try to explain in this situation)

I've said it before and I'll say it againv

We all have our ways of relieving stress. Some people drink. Others do drugs. You happen to like wearing diapers. And when stacked uo against booze & drugs, diapers don't seem so bad, do they? Explain it like that, and I think things will go a lot smoother. :)

And yeah, don't mention the sexual stuff. It's none of their business and it won't do them any good to know about it.

If you don't plan on telling them everything i agree with Wannatripbaby, just tell the half the truth. Lying about it isn't going to work out in the long run even if it seems like the easy fix.  Saying its your stress relief and way to relax may seem odd but you can point out its better then what many people do.

4 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

I've said it before and I'll say it againv

We all have our ways of relieving stress. Some people drink. Others do drugs. You happen to like wearing diapers. And when stacked uo against booze & drugs, diapers don't seem so bad, do they? Explain it like that, and I think things will go a lot smoother. :)

And yeah, don't mention the sexual stuff. It's none of their business and it won't do them any good to know about it.

im with wannatripbaby on this one.. don't explain the sexual side of this.. im sure if your mom was spanking your father and using a strap on on him.. that last thing you would want to hear is the reason why.. keep that part to yourself..

:no-no-baby-smiley-emoticon:

Smart move. If my mom ever cornered me on the subject, I'd claim space aliens made me do it before telling her I was wearing and using diapers for sexual gratification.

(If there's ever a "weirdest sentence on the internet" contest, I hope that gets nominated).

54 minutes ago, tyrantblade3500 said:

Hence why I said I would just say the more innocent sounding half (that it's for relieving stress) so I'm not lying while also not bringing the weird part about it into the conversation.

Well, the whole thing is weird. But you’re on the right track, assuming you have to say anything.

i feel for ya, buddy. i'm going to have to have the talk soon too. for sure with a therapist, and likely with my parents (i'll try to leave the whole wearing for arousal out of that conversation, but its not hard to connect the dots). the good news is the whole diaper/sex thing isn't my fault, its the result of childhood trauma. the bad news is doesn't make it any less embarrassing, it makes it a hell of a lot more. its difficult to use the "i just like the way they feel" or "it calms my stress" excuse when the origin of both it and my social anxiety is "when i was seven a woman took my clothes off, touched me, put me in a diaper, and made me wear it in front of my friends, humiliating me". so fun times to be had by all, i'm sure.

I have read many times where young people in their late teens and early 20's want to tell their parents they like wearing diapers and all.  I have always been dead set agains that!  What do they have to gain by telling their mom and dad that they like wearing diapers?  So they can openly wear diapers in front of them lounging around the house?  So maybe their mom will start changing them again?  Maybe they think their mom and dad will start buying them diapers.  You have so much more to lose as far as their respect and image of you than you ever have to gain.

That said, this is a different situation.  Had tyrantblade3500 not been perhaps a little careless and discovered by his mom, I'd still say keep your mount shut.  Since the cat is out of the bag and it appears the situation will not be going away, (sometimes my mom asks me if I'm wearing a diaper or why I wear diapers), you don't have many options.  You can say, "It's my personal business, stay out of it" but that will only raise more questions.  You are living in their house and have to live by their rules.  What you might say, especially if you went to college in the past, is that you had a lot of stress with classes and some of the people you knew at school mentioned smoking pot helped but you didn't want to do anything like that.  A couple others said wearing diapers calmed them down a lot and really reduced the stress.  You were really hesitent about the whole idea but you eventually tried one that was offered to you and it really did help with your stress.  You don't know why or the reason, but since then when you feel stressed out wearing a diaper helps.

Well Rusty if that had a chance of working I would use it, but my mom knows I've been "into" diapers for a long time (I've been "busted" indirectly a bunch of times between being a Teenager and the last couple years); and I've never been in college.

Interestingly I didn't get asked anything about the half case that arrived yesterday, but she may me about if I'm wearing a diaper or why I like them in the future.

This really sounds like a no win for you. Take into consideration who you are and what your parents know about you.  For example: I play video games a lot and sometimes make bets or do dares with friends. It's an extremely long story but to sum it up a friend (who doesn't know im an abdl) made a bet with me that if i lost i had to wear a diaper while gaming (story was told on preach gamings youtube channel).  I really did try to win but i did lose. Now if a roommate comes  in and see a diaper i will say im being sent "free samples." They will laugh and think nothing of it, other then me being stupid doing bets and dares for fun.  If your parents know you as someone who is practical use that.  99.99999% of the time its not what you say but how you say it.

Well I just cant see how explaining it in simplest terms (not lying just not saying 100% because while it can be a sexual thing for me that does not need to be something I say anything about and so I will not bring that up); and saying it's to relieve stress can make anything worse.

I'm gonna still be living at home for a while, my mom has known that I'm "into" diapers (for whatever reason) and have been for a long time; and I pay a set (by my mom not me, sometimes I even go above and beyond if it is necessary or for a special occasion like her birthday or XMAS) amount of money towards the bills.

And I'm not gonna get kicked out.

If I do explain the stress relieving aspect I'm hoping it will not need to keep being brought up and then it won't be so awkward (not like I'm gonna openly talk about it, or wear my diapers around her or anything different from how it already is; and I have never asked for money or participation)

Saying its stress relief is the easiest. The problem with telling them anything is how the other person takes it. If your mother finds it extremely strange she might blame herself.  I know if it was me i would just say its more comfortable the boxer briefs.  If she asks why you like diapers you could nicely ask, "does it matter?"  It really comes down to you and your parents. Look at the bright side though, if my father knew I was an ABDL he would disown me as a sin against god and would most likely commit suicide the next time he gets wasted for failing to serve god by raising a living sin :rolleyes:. Remember one thing, what you tell them isn't for you its for them.  What would they want to hear.

Recently it seems like my mom is rather interested as to why I like wearing them.  I really wish I could give her a good answer as we have a close relationship and I know she really does want to understand why. I've just given the answer I don't know why, I don't see an answer that would put her mind at ease as she does say she finds it disgusting and seems almost that she feels that its a failure of her parenting, which really sucks as I don't want her feeling bad that its some how her fault I'm this way.

She has said to me that we are born in diapers and die in diapers (many friends parents lost control before passing and had to be changed by caregivers) and basically why would you want to wear and use them when you don't need to do so.

dl- ashlee. Your answer of you don't know why you like wearing diaper is probably as honest as your ever going to be able to answer it. In truth all of us here don't really have any concrete evidence as to why we enjoy wearing, using, and sexually gratifying ourselves  through diapers. Sure one can speculate the reasons. They were forced into a diaper, they were sexually abused, they were potty trained too early. The list and why's are similar but different from person to person but know one knows for sure why or what triggered the desire. 

Unfortunately this affliction is a little studied field and those that did study and wrote about it had some very interesting theories but again no scientific evidence or proof as to why this fetish or really any fetish including sexual deviants, pedophilia, bdsm, beastality, or any sexual desire is triggered in us. 

So really anyone who answers I don't know to the question of why they wear diapers is really telling the truth unless they can scientifically prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they know what triggered it. Until then the answer is "I just don't know."

It's subconscious, somewhere in your mind you understand diapers = happiness/joy.  I started studying psychology just because I wanted to understand myself and why I love to wear diapers. Each person is different, you could take a hundred people and live my life and none are guaranteed to become abdl's.  It's not just what happens in your life but how you perceive it.  Myself I have wanted to be in diapers since i was three years old, I know now what caused it but that doesn't change my subconscious desire to where diapers.  If your mother is understanding maybe you can explain that you're not alone in your desires and many people like it.  You could ask her if you like briefs over boxers would she care as much?  Diapers hold a negative stigma much like thongs use to.  Looking back on your life you maybe able to figure out what caused it but at the end of the day it was you not sure, she might have caused the event(s) that created your diaper fetish but its' not her fault.