LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you REALLY Want to become Diaper dependent?

As a consistent bed wetter i don't think i would like to be completely diaper dependent, though i love diapers and wearing them to bed there are still times i wish i could safely wear panties to bed sometimes and wake up dry :/. I still do wear almost 24/7 but it's by my choice, i think if that was gone it would take a lot of the enjoyment away from me; as well as there are times where wearing and using is just plain impractical like when going on a run, going to the beach, or going to the gym.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:55 AM, Bettypooh said:

I can see your point, but the two aren't mutually exclusive. In my own journey towards incontinence I've learned more about what the unwillingly incontinent experience and all the issues involved including maintaining discretion where privacy is at a premium. Do remember that with me, it was when my own leakage issues couldn't be handled with pads anymore that I started on my path and I started wearing 24/7. Your feelings are valid to be sure, but a different perspective might change them. My own wishes are that everyone could get what they want with this, the undesired incontinent to be cured and those desiring incontinence to lose control. I can and do respect both.

Truly needing diapers changes many things about how you approach everyday life. Same as anything else, there is compromise to be made and different issues to deal with. As long as you know what you are asking for, I hope you get it, and that is for everyone.

Bettypooh

Thanks, I appreciate your enlightened attitude towards this subject... but given the choice I would still choose not to be incontinent.

Except maybe in bed at night. Maybe.

Total incontinence can be a blessing if you've been battling painful bladder and bowel problems like I have for the past 6 years. I just gave into diapers 4 days ago an already have been noticing great improvements to my health and well-being. When meds and other treatments have been failing, diapers may be the best option.

Hi Scott 

Glad to hear you are managing better after switching to diapers, I have not regretted skipping the Meds and going straight to Diapers to manage my Incontinence issues.

Rob 

8 minutes ago, Rob110 said:

Hi Scott 

Glad to hear you are managing better after switching to diapers, I have not regretted skipping the Meds and going straight to Diapers to manage my Incontinence issues.

Rob 

How long have you've been 24/7?

• 3 weeks later...

i seem to have cyclical urges to pursue dependence. some strong urges come up and then they go after a few days/weeks. also my logical brain kicks in and i remember the upheaval of lifestyle, the start-up and maintenance costs and expenses, how others would/might look at me, etc etc. and then i just go back to how i think before everything: i just want to wear more often. i wear every so often already, i just have some other major financial obligations to tend to first. hopefully within the next year or two i can do this.

I think there's two things about wanting to be incontinent.  One of which is that it means you never balance out the "I want to wear, but should I?"  You just do because you have to.  I decided that I would live as if I were diaper dependent.  I do have some minor leaking issues, but usually not bad enough to need a full diaper.  But I need something and since I like diapers, well, I wear them more often than not. Now because I have some physical and some mental priblems, it would be much simpler to eliminate the "could I help that, or did I choose to" dilemma.  Of course, I'm wet either way at that point, so the end result s the same.

The other thing I think is people want "permission."  This is a dumb reason.  Nobody wants to see a doctors note if you're wearing a diaper.  If you can't handle just deciding to do it and hold your head up high, you can't handle needing diapers.

I say if you want to wear diapers all the time, do it.  If you find that you can't handle the lifestyle, then you don't have to and now you know.

• Like 1

Now, four or five months ago, I would of been rah rah rah, lets diaper me all the time...

Then, some bad medical luck and I got my wish of being diapered all the time. It really changed my perspective. Maybe if I had truly made the choice, it might be different, but now that I didn't make the choice...

Even when I was doing my long diaper wearing spells, I would take the diaper off when I went to the gym, to hang out with friends, etc... but now if I do that, my gym pants will have noticeable wet spots, my out and about clothes will get wet. I can not longer choose to go without. Even when I go to air out, I sit on a pad and don't do much. Now, I have a small chance of betting normal down there again, and I am chasing it.

If it works, I am not sure I will want to be diapered again.

• Like 1

When you are dependent, for anything, choice goes away

• Like 1

Yes it is; because then you are not your own person, but a slave or addict to that on which you depend. psychological dependence is the easiet kind to defeat if you want to stop being a victim

• Like 1

I guess it's how you see it.  For me, I get depressed without diapers.  So I've learned to never go without.  I sometimes wish things were different, but on the whole I just go on.

15 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Yes it is; because then you are not your own person, but a slave or addict to that on which you depend. psychological dependence is the easiet kind to defeat if you want to stop being a victim

I agree, but to each his own.  Sometimes desires take control of a person instead of the person controlling them.  Not as bad with someone who has a diaper fetish, even though I am one who has stated many times you need a good healthy balance so a fetish doesn't take over.  When you think of other situations where a fetish or urge takes control and you no longer can control it, it can be devistating to many people.  Think of someone who can't control his sexual urges and goes out and rapes women, or even murders them afterwards so they can't tell police who did it.  DNA evidence. They get caught, end up in jail for life and look at all the damage they have done and lives they have ruined.  Sure, deciding to wear diapers 24/7 because you like to isn't like raping women, but it's the same principal.  If you let anything take control of you instead of keeping the urges in check except for your fun times, those sexual urges are strong enough to take control of you and you become a slave or addict as Christine said.  

I guess it's how you see it.  For me, I get depressed without diapers.  So I've learned to never go without.  I sometimes wish things were different, but on the whole I just go on.

I think if there's a deep psychological need, that's just as valid as a physical need.  It goes beyond the boundaries of "fetish."

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mndl said:

I think if there's a deep psychological need, that's just as valid as a physical need.  It goes beyond the boundaries of "fetish."

Then concern I think a lot of us have is that if you have a psychological dependence on being diapered, this is a form of addiction, and it can indicative of deep psychological wound that is just being masked, which means this could (may not be) end up being an unhealthy way to manage that wound. Remember, wounds get worse if left untreated.

• Like 1

There such a lot of labelling people with "conditions" and "syndromes" and treating them as medical or mental illnesses.  But so much of it is just lifestyle choice if you look at it another way.  "Dependence"?  Well I'd only accept that as a label if I wanted or needed to give it up.  Or if it was doing me harm.  I drink alcohol and I want to keep doing that.  Dependence?  I'd resent having that label as I'm not harming myself or others in any meaningful way.  I wear nappies and I want to keep doing that, and the same applies.  What I don't have are underlying traumas that need treating in some way. I just have a different view of what I see as "normal for me" as others do for them.  All part of life's rich tapestry as far as I'm concerned.  How does it go in the Life of Brian?  Brian: "You are all individuals".  One lone voice in the crowd: "I'm not".  Who wants to be the same as everyone else anyway? ?

Hmm... not sure if this is that complicated... I think - at last for me as a DL it's simply a fetisch. So this is actually a simple scheme: While others thinking about sex while seeing a sexy women or nice men DL's thing about sex while seeing or wearing diapers. Of cause the one does not exclude the other but to bring it to a simple equation I think you can say: The more diaper  = The more pleasure. The last version is available 24/7 without discussion and for a long time (not only 30sec on the toilet) - so hey - that sound like a good choice... ?

But as it is with everything thing: There exists some kind of a saturation point. That set's in sooner or later and at this point you get rid of all the diapers - at last for a little while. And this is the point you often feel guilty wish to be "normal" again.

Without incontinence this is not a big thing. With incontinence this is different.  For me it was a pretty shocking experience that changes my mind a bit and I'm happy to be more or less back to continent live. 

So my advise would be: if you think about 24/7 - remember how you feel at that "saturation point" and think over if you really want to go ahead.

There are of cause a lot of other drawbacks - but these are more DL specific and might be discussed in an other thread ?

19 minutes ago, Stroller said:

There such a lot of labelling people with "conditions" and "syndromes" and treating them as medical or mental illnesses.  But so much of it is just lifestyle choice if you look at it another way.  "Dependence"?  Well I'd only accept that as a label if I wanted or needed to give it up.  Or if it was doing me harm.  I drink alcohol and I want to keep doing that.  Dependence?  I'd resent having that label as I'm not harming myself or others in any meaningful way.  I wear nappies and I want to keep doing that, and the same applies.  What I don't have are underlying traumas that need treating in some way. I just have a different view of what I see as "normal for me" as others do for them.  All part of life's rich tapestry as far as I'm concerned.  How does it go in the Life of Brian?  Brian: "You are all individuals".  One lone voice in the crowd: "I'm not".  Who wants to be the same as everyone else anyway? ?

There is a line between I just like doing this, and "I need to do this because if I don't I go into deep depression."

That is what the conversion has kind of shifted to. If you suffer depression because you are not wearing a diaper, that is an addiction.

I'm using up today's allotment of "likes" on this thread. It is so good to see all the different views being expressed without judgement or malice involved :thumbsup: But I feel a need to chime in on the psychological need being something which can be overcome. Perhaps a milder need can be controlled without duress, but a strong enough need will become harmful when you suppress it too much, becoming an obsession that pushes back harder the harder you try to control it until it overwhelms you. When that happens, your usual judgement becomes blurred and foggy, and your behavior can reach extremes it wouldn't have otherwise gone to :crybaby:  That is usually more harmful than fulfilling your need more frequently in lesser quantity as a means of maintaining control. Many of those who do not understand this have no such levels of psychological need in their own life, which makes it tough for them to understand how powerful such feelings can be. This is similar to the difference between someone feeling depressed and their having Clinical Depression. You can "bootstrap" your way out of the former, but not the latter, and ones willpower or mental abilities have nothing to do with it whatsoever -_- 

For some of us, there is no controlling the psychological need except by giving way to it and doing what we are being driven to do. We have passed the only point where we might have controlled it by never wearing a diaper and so never knowing for certain how good it is for us. Once those of us with a strong psychological need cross that line there is no going back. TBH, overlooking my smaller physical need for diapers, I am not sure that I would have not been better of with never having started on this path. It is positively one which I cannot deny now, and the only control I have regards it is in choosing what else I will wear over my diaper, and to a lesser degree what kind of diaper I will wear :blush: If my physical bladder control were to magically become normal again I would still wear diapers 24/7 and probably the same kinds I wear now. 

And this is not an addiction, as the defining point of that is both an inability to control something along with it doing needless substantial harm to the individual in other ways. Nor is an obsession, as the defining point for that is in it being an uncontrollable urge which is always at the front of the mind when it's not being done. Nor is it some kind of mental illness or disorder we have, even though it is indeed quite unusual. It is simply something which exists in all of us here at different levels of strength, and as long as it is not causing undue harm, then there is nothing wrong with it or with any of us.

To each their own as they need, and to all my sincere wishes for peace and happiness in your lives however you achieve that B)

Bettypooh

The latest posts on this thread delve into an area that I have moved to in my own need for diapers as an adult - emotional and psychological fulfillment.  These needs developed during childhood and never went away.  My physical need for diapers in childhood resulted in me forming an attachment to them that never went away.  In fact, that attachment only burned inside me and became something I did not understand and carried as a burden for many years.  I consider myself somewhat dependent on diapers today as a means for security and comfort to my inner soul and something I needed to come to terms with over time.  That dependency is soothing that cannot be replaced by something else - believe me, I have tried through the years.  My only recourse was to come to accept it and lose the anger and confusion inside me that made me fill different and inferior as a person because I had this odd dependency.  I am finally at peace with it and have accepted my emotional and psychological need for diapers as just a part of me.  I try to keep it all in balance and not have this need overwhelm me or define me beyond what it is in my everyday life.  This balance is important, yet like many ABDLs I also cycle through strong urges at times that give way to more moderate and mild needs - yet the need is always there beneath the surface ready to awaken at any given moment.  Fortunately, finding peace with it all has made me happy and content with myself.  I cannot expect those that don’t share this attachment to diapers to ever understand, but I do hope that general acceptance and tolerance for differences among us is a value we as mankind foster and grow to make us all better.  

Such wonderful responses that highlight how diaper desires are different for all of us.  For my own personal mind and soul choosing to wear diapers permanently has been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.  The best part is it was a decision I controlled.  As I begin to reach diaper dependancy I have no doubts or regrets for the decision I chose.  For those desiring to reach diaper dependancy go for it.  You will quickly find out if being in diapers permanently is truly something you want.  

For people like @GhostGirl my heart honestly goes out to her.  She was not given the choice of deciding her diapered fate as she finds out the grass is wetter on the other side.  A lot of us desire to be diaper dependant but once you truly are your life is changed forever.  Just because your life changes does not mean you can not be happy.  Wearing diapers and being diaper dependant becomes normal after awhile and you learn to live with the planning and the  minor inconveniences.

• Like 1
On 4/26/2018 at 1:33 PM, Spokane Girl said:

I only go through one diaper a day so I can wear the same diaper all day and I don't really need to change out in public. I still carry a spare one in my purse. I see this as a lifestyle. Instead of wearing underwear, it's diapers. Instead of using the toilet, it's my diaper. 

Lot of toilets do not have trash cans, it's usually the handicapped toilet that does. I have not seen any trash cans in stalls but sanitary napkin holders but those are too small to even hold an adult diaper. Though I have stuffed a Tena in one. I have thrown my diaper away in the trash can in the restroom. 

I am the same, well. apart from trying to use a sanitary napkin holder to dispose of a diaper. lol! I am just now keeping a diaper bag with me so I can change wen needed. It is so freeing!!