LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anxiety and Diapers

So, I have generalize anxiety disorder. I take daily and as-needed medication for this, as well as see a therapist and psychiatrist regularly. For the last several sessions with my therapist, I've wanted to bring up my interest in diapers, which is not only a sexual interest but something I like to wear in a non-sexual context as well. The last several sessions with my therapist, I chickened out of talking about it. I sent her an email saying I wanting to talk about this embarrassing thing, and she's asked if I wanted to talk about it, and I've said no each time because I was scared. I'm really just looking for somebody to tell my story and feelings to in hopes that it may make telling my therapist easier.

• Like 1

i'm in the same boat with you (actually probably a lot more complicated). i recently remembered the incident that started my abdl-ism, and it wasn't a very pleasant memory. in addition to being a very troubling memory, it also was like it turned a light on and i could finally see everything about my life for the first time. i just thought i was shy and quiet, and that's fine and normal, but its actually a lot more severe. my shyness has prevented me from not only dating and sex, but has also kept me from seeking employment. pretty soon i became very depressed and sought out a counselor, but they didn't haven an appointment for several days. so i made the appointment and spent the rest of the week agonizing over it and wishing that i could forget it and just go back to the way i was. then the strangest part of the mess happened. on the day of the appointment, which i had to get up early for, when i woke up it suddenly felt like the whole thing never happened. that the basic incident was still the same, but nowhere near as bad as i made it out to be. so now i'm extremely confused about where the bad version actually happened and my brain is lying to me to make the stress stop, or if the not so bad version happened and it somehow got grossly exaggerated in my head for some unknown reason. i go to the counselor, tell her i had this memory and how for some reason now it didn't happen, and tell her it also made me realize that my shyness is a lot more complicated than i thought. she's recommended i see a therapist, and i'm going back later this week to help get referred to one.

so now i have to go see a therapist because whether or not my memory if the incident is accurate, i still have severe social anxiety issues and that incident still plays a major role in that. which means lucky me i've got to do the one thing i've been deathly scared of doing since i was seven: letting someone know i wear diapers for sexual arousal. so i'll tell you my story if you tell me yours.

SO, I think I have anxiety but I'm not clinically diagnosed with anxiety. I've mentioned it to my family doctor (who I just found out is leaving the practice at the end of the month which means I now have to find a new doctor... but that is besides the point) but he asks me the same question every time and that's if" I'm managing it ok?" and I respond "Well I'm not dead so there is that?" in which it goes no where. How am I suppose to respond to that? I'm not necessarily falling apart to a point where anxiety Is ruining my life but isn't the idea to acknowledge the problem before it get's that far?

Anyways, I Definitely use diapers as a way to deal with anxiety and One of the reasons I currently don't see a therapist or psychiatrist is the fact that I know that I won't be 100% honest with the Therapist or Psychiatrist. How I see it, what is the point if your not gonna be honest? So I don't seek help from someone who could probably help, all because I don't see myself being honest and actually mentioning something that is obviously a very important part of my life (considering the amount of money I spend having an interest in diapers and It's important enough to me to be on diaper forums). I think I wouldn't mind talking to a therapist or Psychiatrist (I keep saying either therapist or Psychiatrist because I honestly don't know the difference or which kind of person I would benefit the most from talking to.) because their a few things I wouldn't mind talking to someone about but also, I feel like my interest prevents me from getting closer to people (manly out of fear of people getting to know me and find out about my interest in diapers) and I think talking to someone might help. 

If I'm being honest, I will probably never get to that point. However, if you do find yourself having the courage to talk to your psychiatrist about it, I wouldn't mind hearing about their reaction or hearing what they had to say. Not the details of whatever your dealing with (as I know that is personal) but honestly, I just have this expectation that a therapist or Psychiatrist is going to have a negative reaction or say it's wrong or bad or say I have some kind of mental problem because of it... etc (whatever My mind thinks up when I imagine their response). If someone has talked to their psychiatrist about it would be great to read about their experience talking to someone about it. 

9 minutes ago, padded_husky said:

SO, I think I have anxiety but I'm not clinically diagnosed with anxiety. I've mentioned it to my family doctor (who I just found out is leaving the practice at the end of the month which means I now have to find a new doctor... but that is besides the point) but he asks me the same question every time and that's if" I'm managing it ok?" and I respond "Well I'm not dead so there is that?" in which it goes no where. How am I suppose to respond to that? I'm not necessarily falling apart to a point where anxiety Is ruining my life but isn't the idea to acknowledge the problem before it get's that far?

Anyways, I Definitely use diapers as a way to deal with anxiety and One of the reasons I currently don't see a therapist or psychiatrist is the fact that I know that I won't be 100% honest with the Therapist or Psychiatrist. How I see it, what is the point if your not gonna be honest? So I don't seek help from someone who could probably help, all because I don't see myself being honest and actually mentioning something that is obviously a very important part of my life (considering the amount of money I spend having an interest in diapers and It's important enough to me to be on diaper forums). I think I wouldn't mind talking to a therapist or Psychiatrist (I keep saying either therapist or Psychiatrist because I honestly don't know the difference or which kind of person I would benefit the most from talking to.) because their a few things I wouldn't mind talking to someone about but also, I feel like my interest prevents me from getting closer to people (manly out of fear of people getting to know me and find out about my interest in diapers) and I think talking to someone might help. 

If I'm being honest, I will probably never get to that point. However, if you do find yourself having the courage to talk to your psychiatrist about it, I wouldn't mind hearing about their reaction or hearing what they had to say. Not the details of whatever your dealing with (as I know that is personal) but honestly, I just have this expectation that a therapist or Psychiatrist is going to have a negative reaction or say it's wrong or bad or say I have some kind of mental problem because of it... etc (whatever My mind thinks up when I imagine their response). If someone has talked to their psychiatrist about it would be great to read about their experience talking to someone about it. 

i'd try to press your doctor on the issue. if you have anxiety it could be affecting you more than you realize. my issue is that i've had anxiety most of my life, i just never knew it. its kind of like that line from The Worlds End: "How do you know you're drunk if you're never sober". i didn't think i had a problem, but all the signs where there, i just couldn't see them. like i'd always have a knee-jerk excuse of why i don't date. when i was in high school, it was i was young and there was time to date later. 18 it was because its a time to be single and play the field. when i was in the military it was because i didn't want to have to leave my girlfriend (or worse wife) behind while i went on deployment. and so on and so forth with more excuses. i said them so much i started to believe them. and its not just relationships. i have a hard time asking for things from people and needing help, so doing something simple like asking for a job i find very embarrassing (when they say they're not hiring, for some reason i don't take it as they're in fact not hiring, i take it as they just don't want to hire me), which shockingly has led to difficulty finding employment.

and if you going to some type of counseling, its important to be completely open and honest (and as i type this i realize i'm going to have to eat those f***ing words when i gotta do the same damn thing). as the great philosopher Tony Soprano once said, "Talkin' helps. Hope...comes in many forms."

and to answer your confusion, therapy is a generalized term for counseling (psychologist, marriage counselor, etc.). a psychiatrist has a medical degree and can prescribe medication

I was seeing a psychiatrist once for depression and told her about my passion for diapers , she was very non judgmental and really saw no problems with them as long as they weren't controlling my life

I however got very frustrated with her and stopped seeing her . I felt she just wasn't connecting with me and my problems really didn't warrant my continued visits . Maybe I was wrong I don't know but lm happy with myself for the most part and I manage my depression through the scripts I get from my family doctor .So yeh I get by fine!

Perhaps some onions are never meant to be pealed.

9 hours ago, padded_husky said:

I can understand that. I've been seeing my therapist for about 3 years now, I think? I followed her when the original practice she worked at closed. So, I already have an established relationship with her, and just now am I feeling I could actually disclose my interest in diapers with her. 

If you feel you have anxiety, and it's affecting your life negatively, I can't recommend therapy enough. It's terrifying the first couple of times, and you may have to see a few different people before you find one you click with, but it's worth the effort to help get your mind in the right place. 

To all that are seeking professional help stop thinking the psychologist or psychiatrist are there to judge you. They're not.  

Years ago upon my wife's insistence to deal with my issues I went to see a psychiatrist.  Yes it was scary to reveal this part of my life that I had never shared with another human being other than my wife but I knew if I  didn't I would never have an understanding as to why I was afflicted with this desire to wear and use diapers. My psychiatrist was a man which I thought was gonna be even harder to reveal my secret. Boy was I wrong!

Although it's almost 20 yrs past I still clearly remember that conversation to this day. Im not going into detail but I will say that I was more surprised by his reaction than he was to me revealing my secret to him. 

That session we delved into details about my diaper wearing. We discussed how I felt emotionally when wearing and the need I felt for them emotionally. Here's the one statement I remember clear as a bell.

We were discussing things about me wearing diapers and I said to him that I just dont understand why I felt a need for diapers, its not normal for a full grown man to want to wear and use diapers and I totally taken back when he looked at me and said and I quote " whats the big deal".

I said its not normal and his response was " whats normal?". 

So now that that was out of the way we focused on the dynamics as to how I got there. So long story short, after that session diapers were very seldom brought up. We focused on other more important issues like my fear of rejection, social outcasting, and my inability to stand up for myself.  

Understand this. That professional is not there to judge you. They are there to help you plain and simple. And trust me when I say this, a psychiatrist has probably heard far worse things in their career than you wanting and needing to wear diapers. 

Another thing is if the the professional your seeing has little or no understanding of ABDL then its your job to ask them to do some research on the subject so they can better understand you.

One poster said they would have a hard time being honest with the professional.  Well that's not gonna help either of you and you'd just be wasting their time and your money. If your worried the professional will discuss this with other ppl you need to get that thought out of your head because they can't. They are legally obligated under the Dr, Patient Confidentiality agreement. By law they cannot discuss their patients with others unless they have written consent and signed by the patient. Even if they wanted to consult with another professional they have to ask permission from the patient. IT IS THE LAW. The only time a professional is legally obligated without written consent is if the patient poses a danger to themselves or the public and ONLY then they are bound legally to protect the pubic or patient. 

I feel I'm a much better person today than I was 20 yrs ago. I  feel good about myself. I am more socially adept. I stand up for myself and  ppl will not shit on me anymore and if they do I confront them instead of crawling inside of myself. I no longer fear rejection. I now have friends, real friends for the first time in my life and to be honest it feels so good. I've learned to balance my DL side with my life. My home life is awesome and I couldn't be happier in life with my wife and kid. 

In closing I will say, get over your fears and seek professional help if you feel you truly need it. You will feel so much better in the long run.

• Like 1

Most of us has problems coming out of the closet, even to "professionals" 

I have thought about telling many times, but I never dare, none in my real life knows, that I know of...

I’ve thought about raising the issue with my therapist. I’ve only seen her twice.

If she asks what I do to relieve stress I may mention this, but frankly, my relationship with diapers is one of things actually working in my life right now. Not much to talk about there.

Padded husky psychiatrist these days are just pill pushers after your first appointment and checking all thevright or wrong boxes you'll be prescribed a medication and the psychiatrist becomes a fuzzy memory because typically they will do med checks every 3 months which is about 15 minutes of how do you feel are they helping etc... You can spend more time ordering fast food , a majority of psychiatrist unless you find an older dude aren't even conversational intelligent let alone can psycho analyze someone, but these guys are money sponges that 15 minutes will cost you or your insurance like $200.

Therapist or Psychologist or psychiatric social workers or advanced practice nurses arevthe ones you appointment will be 40 minutes, these are the people who will listen help you figure things out and work thru them , they will help you with any issues that are holding you back from being everything and anything you want to aspire to , they have all different versions of therapy that go by different names , you may not be compatible with the 1st or the 5 th one you see , because depending on there style and what type of therapy they are doing they can be everything from played back and supportive to confrontational and you want punch them in the head , it will be a good idea to think about this ahead of time so you can set the ground rules , feel free to laugh, cry, be angry, suck your binky or throw your stuffies against the wall( dont telk your stuffie i told you that ! Sometimes to help understand you better they may give tests like the MMPI (Minesota Multiphasic Personality inventory ) on thisbits boring and like and SAT filling in circles with a pencil completely , it asked the same basic questions in a number of different ways do younlove your mother do you hate your mother stuff likevthat which depending on how you answer the questions it can reveal ifvyour paranoid , narcissistic etc... theres like 8 different types of personality traits the test can tell them.

That's pretty much the skinny on it , oh and there is something called transference it's normal , but you will probably at some point be in love with him or her , just don't ask them out for drinks , they can't do there job well your doing them or vice versa . If you have anything I can more clearly explain or answer feel free to ask , my mom was a pretty well known psychologist who also trained new psychologist all over the world & had classes of students to the house ( thats how i ended up with 500 mental health people on speed dial , because many of them became friends girlfriends etc... and i have also done my own deep dive resolving abuse issues and survivors guilt issues of my own ,and talking diapers with a therapist is a fairly common thing ,it barely moves the meter on the kink scale,compared to people who are into say BDSM or killing animals or people .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On April 11, 2018 at 2:37 AM, Cruiser 03 said:

Padded husky psychiatrist these days are just pill pushers after your first appointment and checking all thevright or wrong boxes you'll be prescribed a medication and the psychiatrist becomes a fuzzy memory because typically they will do med checks every 3 months which is about 15 minutes of how do you feel are they helping etc... You can spend more time ordering fast food , a majority of psychiatrist unless you find an older dude aren't even conversational intelligent let alone can psycho analyze someone, but these guys are money sponges that 15 minutes will cost you or your insurance like $200.

Therapist or Psychologist or psychiatric social workers or advanced practice nurses arevthe ones you appointment will be 40 minutes, these are the people who will listen help you figure things out and work thru them , they will help you with any issues that are holding you back from being everything and anything you want to aspire to , they have all different versions of therapy that go by different names , you may not be compatible with the 1st or the 5 th one you see , because depending on there style and what type of therapy they are doing they can be everything from played back and supportive to confrontational and you want punch them in the head , it will be a good idea to think about this ahead of time so you can set the ground rules , feel free to laugh, cry, be angry, suck your binky or throw your stuffies against the wall( dont telk your stuffie i told you that ! Sometimes to help understand you better they may give tests like the MMPI (Minesota Multiphasic Personality inventory ) on thisbits boring and like and SAT filling in circles with a pencil completely , it asked the same basic questions in a number of different ways do younlove your mother do you hate your mother stuff likevthat which depending on how you answer the questions it can reveal ifvyour paranoid , narcissistic etc... theres like 8 different types of personality traits the test can tell them.

That's pretty much the skinny on it , oh and there is something called transference it's normal , but you will probably at some point be in love with him or her , just don't ask them out for drinks , they can't do there job well your doing them or vice versa . If you have anything I can more clearly explain or answer feel free to ask , my mom was a pretty well known psychologist who also trained new psychologist all over the world & had classes of students to the house ( thats how i ended up with 500 mental health people on speed dial , because many of them became friends girlfriends etc... and i have also done my own deep dive resolving abuse issues and survivors guilt issues of my own ,and talking diapers with a therapist is a fairly common thing ,it barely moves the meter on the kink scale,compared to people who are into say BDSM or killing animals or people .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Hello Cruiser 03, Thanks for sharing and enlightening the group. I am a straight, married man but as with many of us I have a deeply rooted desire/need for diapers This has negatively impacted my first marriage, and it has now created emotional and physical distance with my current wife. Any direction your professional mother would be willing to share is truly appreciated. I live in the NYC/Long Island area. I was wondering if your mom may be able to provide reference to a reputable "therapist" who is familiar with the DL type of desire we all share here.  Thank you. 

• 1 month later...
So, I have generalize anxiety disorder. I take daily and as-needed medication for this, as well as see a therapist and psychiatrist regularly. For the last several sessions with my therapist, I've wanted to bring up my interest in diapers, which is not only a sexual interest but something I like to wear in a non-sexual context as well. The last several sessions with my therapist, I chickened out of talking about it. I sent her an email saying I wanting to talk about this embarrassing thing, and she's asked if I wanted to talk about it, and I've said no each time because I was scared. I'm really just looking for somebody to tell my story and feelings to in hopes that it may make telling my therapist easier.
Don't know if anyone else has said this, but it's worth repeating anyway.

Don't ever feel pressured to tell people, including your therapist or your psychiatrist about your AB/DL fetish, whether sexual or otherwise. First, let me start by giving some background about me.

Like you, I've been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), as well as symptoms of PTSD, depression, bipolar disorder type 2, and many other problems both physical and mental as well as social anxiety issues to boot. I've been in counseling/therapy for almost a decade now, but before I started going consistently to a therapist, I was going only sporadically after my father's death in 2003. Even before then, I knew I had social anxiety issues, and deeply rooted mental health issues. Thankfully, nothing severely violent.

The severe bullying in school didn't help, and nearly all kinds of abuse (yes, including sexual abuse at some point) at home also didn't help. And having to go to multiple doctors every week for many years after my birth up to and including my young adult life REALLY didn't help as well.

Also like you, I've both taken & taken myself off medications for anxiety and depression. And like you as well, I've contemplated telling my current therapist about my diaper fetish. I've already told my therapist about some of the the sexual assault/abuse I've been through, but I haven't dared to tell her about my diaper lover fetish. I have carefully thought about that topic, and I've always come to the conclusion that perhaps it's not the right time.

Forewarning/disclaimer time: I'm not, I repeat NOT, a psychologist or psychology major in college. I'm not a psychiatrist. I have only some basic psychology reading under my belt due to being in the field of I.T. which IS my chosen major at the moment. Which may change since my medical history and current health issues including my many disabilities are unduly affecting my continued commitment to my degree path in college. I've come to accept that being in the I.T. industry involves being reliable, (depend)able, and otherwise having no medical issues working in a stressful work environment. My plans are to switch to a degree where I'm doing freelance work either with my interests in music, or freelance writer, which can involve LOTS of research and getting expert opinions on topical issues.

All of that aside, here is the thing to remember about opening up to a therapist, and I'm sure someone will agree with me on this. DON'T do it just because you feel pressured to do so. Don't feel like it's what's expected of you either. Only do it when you feel that you're ready to accept yourself, and only when you're ready to let others accept you for you.

On another forum or thread, I have mentioned that I can count on one hand the number of people that I've told, both alive and are now otherwise deceased. This short list includes a few friends, a few relatives, and some of my immediate family members. One of whom, possibly in a drunken stupor rage, or just being spiteful (or perhaps both) decided in his idiot infinite stupidity to blab to other family relatives and friends about my diaper fetish, more specifically about how I enjoy the sight of women wearing diapers. I stress the word "women", because I feel if I said "girl", to me it implies they're underage or a minor. Something I'm extremely careful in wording since how you word your responses can and does tend to alert people, especially counselors & therapists & psychiatric doctors and specialists, that something very wrong and illegal has transpired even if there was no illegal activity, or thoughts of harming children have ever occurred.

So, that's reason one (of many) to not just dive head first into letting your therapist/psychologist/psychiatrist, etc know about your "ABDL"ism. Here's another one.

Some people are unfortunately wired to believe in such societal constructs as "normalcy" or normal relative to the status quo with regards to social acceptance, social responsibility, socially acceptable values & behavior. On another thread/forum, I began a thread about who has it worse being an AB/DL whether for sexual pleasure reasons or otherwise, whether male, female, hetero- or homo- sexual, etc, and one of the valid points out of that discussion is that for some generations, men are expected to be "manly" and women to be "feminine", which I think in today's worldview is that such crap is nonsense. If a man chooses to be an effeminate gay man, what right do any of us have to judge him? Or likewise, if a woman wants to put on the full gear for playing football, cleats and all, or wants to "wear the pants" in a relationship of any kind, what right does anyone have to dictate what that woman can and/or can't do in her life?

It turns out that unless you're aiming to intentionally harm or worse another human being through any of those efforts, you're doing nothing wrong. The same is true for our ABDL fetish and community. Unless you're harming children, and I sincerely hope you are not, and I have no reason to believe that you would either, you've done absolutely nothing wrong.

However, like all good robot therapists/counseling specialists/psychologists/psychiatrists/etc, they want to find some fault with what you do in private. Something that tells them you wear diapers or engage in ABDL-ism for reasons that involve harming either yourself or others potentially. While you may not be doing anything of the sort, the mental health specialists in that profession are not always in the know about ABDL. Much less are they aware that it's a) NOT a crime to enjoy diapers for sexual or nonsexual reasons, and B) not harming people or yourself in any way, and c) are largely unaware that ABDL-ism is in no way, shape or form involving children to any degree.

It's unfortunately a largely misunderstood, and often mischaracterized behavior. Often, mental health professionals mistake it for behavior that is putting yourself or others at risk. At risk for what is what I don't know for sure. What I do know is that they really do listen to you about your issues, and are carefully listening for "trigger" words. Words that they've been trained to spot, and be cautious about, and if they feel it is a sign of perhaps either now, or have in the past, having planned to harm someone, they are required by law to notify law enforcement officials either at the state or federal level depending on perceived severity or threat risk.

Does this mean you should forego telling your therapist EVER? No, but it should be taken into consideration how you eventually do tell. I've read that "coming out" as being in the ABDL world is quite similar to coming out as being gay. Unless you've done something incredibly wrong and stupid, there's nothing wrong with the sexuality, or in this case the ABDL lifestyle fetish. But if it DOES involve knowing about someone being harmed as a result of your behavior, or your actions, then that's a problem.

For what it's worth, and I'm being sincere here, 99% of the time, most if not all of the ABDL community have NEVER once harmed a person regardless of age. We've (I believe) all advocated for stronger policies on combatting child abuse or sex assault, trafficking, etc. We've (I believe) all made it vehemently clear that we do not condone such actions against children, women, nor the LGBTQ community in general.

Anyway, the bottom line is it's up to you, and how well you feel comfortable in discussing such things with him or her. I have yet to discuss my diaper fetish with my therapist, but I may have to if I'm going to move forward with asking a young woman out on a date fairly soon. The irony is that this young woman is among the few people (friends or family) who are aware of my diaper fetish. As far as I know, she's not told a soul beyond our almost nightly conversations. But I'm still heavily hesitant to tell my therapist. I know eventually I'll have to bring it up, and how it relates to my future dating prospects.

It will really "depend" (pun intended) on how you feel, and when you feel it's appropriate for discussion. It may even be worth it to practice with a mirror to see your facial expressions as you talk aloud about it.

Remember that therapists are trained to listen to how you word your statements, and evaluate body language. Are you relaxed? Are you anxious? Does it seem to make you uncomfortable to talk about that topic?

Just some things to think about. Once again, I may have to bring up this topic soon with my therapist if I want to move forward with getting into relationships with women.

Hope that helps!

-James T. Knight 2018
"Diapered Firechicken"

-James T. Knight 2018
"Don't forget to wiggle your diaper butt at least once a day!"

"Be diapered & proud of it!"

"Accidents happen! That's why we are allowed to buy ADULT diapers!!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

I told my therapist about my being a diaper lover. I felt I needed to. I did not understand my desire to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants. I signed a confidentiality  agreement with my therapist. The therapist can not discuss what I told them unless, I am a threat to myself or others. I was worried about my mental health. I was told there was my love of wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants.  I love wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants because they are soft, warm, comforting, and pleasurable. This does not involve anyone else. The therapist said as long as my being a diaper lover does not hurt anyone accept it, enjoy it, and embrace it . I wear at night and around the house privately. Being a diaper lover can cause shame, embracement, and other issues. I came out with my therapist because it was and still is an issue.  I found therapist that I was comfortable with and told them about my being a cloth diaper lover in plastic pants in private, and it has helped greatly. Just make sure that your therapist is licensed in the state where you live and you sign a confidentiality and inform and consent contract before ever starting sessions with any therapist