LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Too many abandon stories

Is it just me or does it seem like alot of great stories get unfinished and I really wish they could have great endings to go with them. My favorite stories that were never finished.

Casey's Nanny

Baby Jill 

The do-over program

I agree as there is a lot of great stories that are unfinished and have been abandoned even I have a few unfinished stories, but I think that the some of the many reasons why there are so many great stories that get unfinished is because the writers may start to run low on ideas to keep them going, don't always have the time to work on the stories due to being busy with other things or may no longer want to continue 

While i'm not a very good writer I only start a story if i plan to finish it. There's  nothing worse then getting invested in a story for it to be randomly dropped.  That being said i understand why it can be hard. Writing takes hours of work and thus time and motivation are big factors. I know for myself every weekday for the last 3 years i was busy from the time get off work until bed, this means all my stories had to be written on weekends or at work when i had free time. That doesn't even go into motivation, the story might grip the writer for the first half but now they have other ideas they want to do but cant because they need to finish the last story first.  The stories you generally see finished a lot are people that have patreons, thus they turn it into a job.  If only there was something to take the ideas from my mind and type it out for me, with perfect grammer.  :D

• Like 1

I think I still get more enjoyment out of the great, unfinished stories than the hundreds of mediocre ones that did get finished. This forum is better than most, but there's a bottomless well of utter crap out there.

People get busy, they run out of inspiration, they move on with their lives. I thank them for offering what they had to offer, even if they didn't finish it.

The only story I ever posted here went unfinished for four and a half years. I started out with a vision, wrote constantly for a couple weeks, and ran out of ideas. Suddenly, a few years later, I knew what came next, and I finished it over the course of a couple days. Now it’s on Amazon.

It's not just time and motivation. Writing the middle and the end of a novel are totally distinct tasks from writing the beginning. A lot of people who like writing have the same experience of having written hundreds of openings and first chapters before their first finished novel. Myself included! Introducing a character is tough, but you really have to know character and plot structure to even come up with a satisfying midpoint or third act, much less write it well. Lots of authors only plan a sequence of escalating events happening to their main character, and by the time they reach the midpoint, it becomes clear that this isn't the same thing as plot at all.

If someone's posted an unfinished work that you enjoyed, just be glad you got to read what you did.

• Like 1

I almost never post stories until I have at least finished a rough outline.  Sometimes I actually write the ENTIRE story before posting even the first chapter.  It's really hard because user feedback and support are important things for writers.  But on the flip side, I think there's only one story that I've posted that went unfinished, and that's after 10 years!

It's really hard to keep inspiration going for things, especially huge projects.  And it's like Elibean said, writing the middle and end are SO different from writing the beginning.  Pudding and I have at least a hundred stories that aren't finished, because I prefer writing the start.  It's only because of Pudding that any of my stories get finished. XD

2 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

I almost never post stories until I have at least finished a rough outline.  Sometimes I actually write the ENTIRE story before posting even the first chapter.  It's really hard because user feedback and support are important things for writers.  But on the flip side, I think there's only one story that I've posted that went unfinished, and that's after 10 years!

It's really hard to keep inspiration going for things, especially huge projects.  And it's like Elibean said, writing the middle and end are SO different from writing the beginning.  Pudding and I have at least a hundred stories that aren't finished, because I prefer writing the start.  It's only because of Pudding that any of my stories get finished. XD

this i've stalled on a lot of my stories. i know this is going to sound ridicules but i think i have a hard time writing conflict because i don't want to hurt my characters.

7 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

this i've stalled on a lot of my stories. i know this is going to sound ridicules but i think i have a hard time writing conflict because i don't want to hurt my characters.

I'm the opposite.

My characters must suffer.

4 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

I'm the opposite.

My characters must suffer.

i think part of the problem is i put a lot of myself into my characters and hurting them feels masochistic

14 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

i think part of the problem is i put a lot of myself into my characters and hurting them feels masochistic

I do the same thing.  I don't think I'm a masochist... (though my stories say otherwise). I just think people grow more through misfortune.  I wouldn't be who I am today without all the bad things too.

I get so sad when a story goes unfinished, as well! I get invested and attached to characters as tho they're family - there's this WONDERFUL story called Project Phoenix that has this amazing sense of mystery and intrigue, awesome characters, and then... no ending. Ahhh!

(tbh I feel so gratified knowing we're doing Baby Luvs justice!)

On 4/11/2018 at 1:38 AM, Pudding said:

I get so sad when a story goes unfinished, as well! I get invested and attached to characters as tho they're family - there's this WONDERFUL story called Project Phoenix that has this amazing sense of mystery and intrigue, awesome characters, and then... no ending. Ahhh!

(tbh I feel so gratified knowing we're doing Baby Luvs justice!)

I luv me some baby luvs. You and sophie are so awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll admit that I stopped mid-way through writing "Clear History?" I've actually been on a bit of a writing hiatus for a while. I've shifted my focus into music instead. Doesn't mean I won't try again someday, but that story, along with everything non-ABDL that I've been writing, has been put on the back burner. Typically what happens is, I open the document, read it from start to finish, then close it again.

It's tough. 

• 2 weeks later...