LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Packing tape for applying diaper tapes.

So I love applying diaper tapes, but lately I have been using full page clear adhesive shipping labels. I started using them instead of paper and tape for a couple reasons. 1 ) The clear label allows me to use the natural color of the diaper as the background rather than the solid white of plain paper which is actually a different shade than most white diapers.  2 ) The tape I was using, combined with the paper itself created a very thick band at the top and would dig into my lower abdomen lol.

Only, the labels have their own disadvantages namely, the cost and the texture. The labels are like 15 dollars for 10 or something like that and the texture doesn't feel right against my stomach when I'm bending over.

I'd like to go back to tape and paper for these two reasons.

My question (after my life story lol, sorry about that) is this: Does anyone know where to get really thin packing tape?

I realized the other day that the tape I was using was really thick compared to what we used at work (I work in a warehouse) and might have been contributing to the discomfort described above. The stuff at work is SUPER thin and would make awesome diaper tape...tape. I don't know the brand though, it just comes in in unmarked boxes. I checked the usual places: Walmart, Office Depot, Staples, Target... Only tape I could find was super heavy duty.

Packing tape go to a UPS or FEDEX store they have it.

Surprised that Wal*Mart and Target didn't have what you need.

Alternate idea think about using Painters Tape found in Hardware and Paint stores.

Lightweight - sufficient tackiness to hold and release easily - narrow strips

Unlike the heavy duty extreme Duct Tape

9 hours ago, wetste said:

I use Ebay. White gaffer tape. 

Might work fine but he stated he wants clear tape   "clear adhesive shipping labels. I started using them instead of paper and tape for a couple reasons. 1 ) The clear label allows me to use the natural color of the diaper as the background rather than the solid white of plain paper which is actually a different shade than most white diapers".

Try WalMart for clear packing tape if you want to use packing tape.  It's $1.12 for a 50 yard roll and it's thin.  I've used packing tape from Staples for actually packing boxes and the Walmart tape is so much thinner.  Easy to get, too, if you have a Walmart in your area.  You might even become an internet celebrity on the "People Of Walmart" website if you go in to buy your shipping tape wearing just a shirt and your diaper like some people on that website have done.

https://www.google.com/search?q=people+of+walmart+diapers&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjk7Z22j6PaAhUSIqwKHVWmDIMQsAQISQ&biw=2133&bih=1054

I used clear packing tape before, cause it looked better, but the tape rolled down and over it self, so it became like a string, making it uncomfortable 

Now I use duct tape, might be uglier, but at least it stays the way I put it on and doesn't dig into my body as much

8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Might work fine but he stated he wants clear tape   "clear adhesive shipping labels. I started using them instead of paper and tape for a couple reasons. 1 ) The clear label allows me to use the natural color of the diaper as the background rather than the solid white of plain paper which is actually a different shade than most white diapers".

Try WalMart for clear packing tape if you want to use packing tape.  It's $1.12 for a 50 yard roll and it's thin.  I've used packing tape from Staples for actually packing boxes and the Walmart tape is so much thinner.  Easy to get, too, if you have a Walmart in your area.  You might even become an internet celebrity on the "People Of Walmart" website if you go in to buy your shipping tape wearing just a shirt and your diaper like some people on that website have done.

https://www.google.com/search?q=people+of+walmart+diapers&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjk7Z22j6PaAhUSIqwKHVWmDIMQsAQISQ&biw=2133&bih=1054

Sorry

On 4/4/2018 at 9:20 PM, diaperbulge said:

I realized the other day that the tape I was using was really thick compared to what we used at work (I work in a warehouse) and might have been contributing to the discomfort described above. The stuff at work is SUPER thin and would make awesome diaper tape...tape. I don't know the brand though, it just comes in in unmarked boxes. I checked the usual places: Walmart, Office Depot, Staples, Target... Only tape I could find was super heavy duty.

You  could ask your employer what vendor they use to purchase the packing tape from. If they ask you why, just say you have a friend that is moving and needs a lot of packing tape. 

We use store-brand tape, but admittedly there is very little if not difference between a lot of store-brand tapes and Scotch packing tape.  There is a thicker brand where I work called "Postal Tape".  I think it's also by Scotch, but intended for international mailing vs packing moving boxes.

• 1 month later...