LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hey all

Im heading to Disney World this summer and was wondering if any of you have been and how to deal with changes in the parks, chafing, and HEAT lol. Any help would be appreciated. I usually wear the dry 24/7 (urge incontinence) but would it be better to wear a thinner diaper and change more or keep with the 24/7s? Thanks for the help!!

I usually change in the regular restrooms, but there are "companion" restrooms that have larger bathrooms.     Most of these have counters you can set your stuff on.   A bit small to use as an adult changing table (typically only 3-4' wide).   They all have large trash bins and sinks within the stall or lockable room so you have reasonable privacy.

I've heard of some going to the first aid center, but that's probably a bit much if you're reasonably mobile and competent.   You can download a map specifically for the disabled park guests (and they have a lot of info on the web page) with the locations of all the bathrooms.

This sort of situation is definitely the time I use the thinner cloth back (I like the attends breathable "advanced" (formerly extra absorbency)).    They're not too thick and reasonably absorbent and easily opened and reclosed when you want to use the toilet (I just unfasten the upper tape on one side and slide them down like regular panties, and then redo that tape after I pull them back up).

I've been to Disney before, and there, more than any place else, is where adult diapers are more accepting. The best advice I would give is be discrete. A thick overnight diaper - 24/7 may be overdoinig it as well as something like the Rearz. Maybe a slightly thinner premiuym diaper would be more suitable considering that you have pleanty of places to change. If you are worried about the chaffing, wear some cotton underwear over your diaper. This prevents the 'stick' one gets from the inner thighs against a plastic shell of a diaper. It also absorbs the sweat generated from ones inner thighs in the heat.Loose fitting shorts etc over your diaper will protect your modesty with a t-shirt / top that is not tucked in and hangs about 1/4 the way past your shorts waistband. The top hides your waist-line (where the elastic of shorts normally define same). This means that the sharp curve of clothes (at waist line) that normally signifies a diaper is hidden by the top. With the loose fitting shorts, nobody actually knows the size of your butt, so nobody can tell if you are diapered of not. Also, people are too buzy having fun to be interested.

Hope you have fun.

I'd say an Abena M1 or M2 would balance discretion, absorbency, and breathability best.

we went to Disney a few years ago and they were very accommodating we requested a matress protector and one was put on both beds before we arrived,  when you go to the parks I would recommed using oversized ziplock bags (one per diaper) to,protect your diapers for when security opens ancpd checks your back pack, at the time I used ducktape to renforce my diapers tapes and also carried small dull ended siccors to cut off my diaper when I needed to change. Both the tape and siccors were a problem with security but once I explained the need they had no issue allowing them into the park I now use hockey tape so thet should be less of an issue. 

the clear ziplock bags kepped the diapers protected and clean juring bag checks and came in handy for disposal of the used diaper

I to wore dry 24/7’s days we were at disney and I had no issues in the heat, just change more often then normal and you will be fine.

There are times I need to work all day in the hot, humid weather - in heavy jeans no less.  That I have found that works is pretty much the usual except a couple of minor changes, in stead of high rise Vinyl plastic pants, I use lower rise Gary Active Briefs. I also wear 2 pairs of normal 2XL cotton briefs to absorb sweat outside of the diaper. I also make sure to change mid-day and be ready to change again around 3pm if needed. When hot, the absorbent material tends to bread down sooner. Because I wear work boots or changing in less then ideal locations, I can't change my plastic pants or the cotton diapers, I'm only able to change the actual diaper.

If you are not used to wearing diaper in hot weather it will probably be very uncomfortable after a while. I strong suggest that the instant you get home or to your hotel, to jump into the shower and if possible, not wear plastic pants for a while, if you can avoid a diaper for a while, that helps.

I don't have any problems with diaper tapes. I've used NorthShore AirSupreme Briefs and Better Dry Briefs. Note, the Better Dry diapers have a plastic backing and where the plastic touches your back can get sweaty quickly.

Also plastic pants tend to irritate my skin much more often when I sweat more.