LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What You Have To Deal With Wearing 24/7

As I was sitting here at work at my desk I felt my pants start to get wet.  I rushed to the bathroom and found that my diaper had leaked.  This is despite wearing premium diapers, protective briefs, fitting pants, and a onesie.  

For those that want to wear diapers 24/7 this will eventually happen to you no matter how hard you try and prevent it.  I unfortunately do not have a change of pants (I should and I know better) so I will have to sit here the rest of the day and hope my pants dry to the point it is not so noticeable.  Lucky for me there is also a torrential downpour here today so having a wet bottom could be explained away a little easier I suppose.

20180403_142240_768x1024.jpg

38 minutes ago, pppants said:

Ut oh. That's never good. 

Is the restroom near by, or did you cross paths with anyone on your way to survey the damage? Did anyone see you?

I walked by numerous people.  As far as I know no one noticed.  There are not many people in my office, maybe ten or so and I just basically stayed seated at my desk all day.  The wet spots were not as noticable as they began to dry later in the day.  I kept rubbing the wet spots to try and dry them out.

I so hate when that happens. A while ago there was a bad batch of Abena's going around. I was changing in a stall in the bathroom and the back sheet split. All the SAP landed on the floor and went every where. I thankfully got it mostly cleaned up before any one came in but my heart was pounding the whole time.

Diapers Leak .... that is a fact. Disposable diapers tend to leak more often than cloth. When one is sitting down in a tightly fitting diaper, there is not enough space for urine to run into the diaper (more often when it is messy also) where it can be fast absorbed by the padding. Also, unless the SAP fully 'lockes' away the wet, the diaper will leak at the leg gathers. For those people who wear 24/7/365 in a public / semi-public environment, extra protection is a must.  This is a three part solution...

1. A cloth type cover over the disposable diaper. The ideal item would be a single/double layer cloth training pant / pull-up, the type that does not have an outer plastic layer. This means that when your diaper leaks, there is something to catch the leak.

2. A pair of plastic pants. Make sure that these are large enough to not allow any of the disposable and/or cloth cover wick leakness onto your clothes.

3. An unsquashed diaper. When disposable diapers are manufactured, to reduce the cost of packaging and delivery, they are compressed into as thin and small a size as possible. This causes a number of problems

- The SAP can pierse the plastic backing (and the more cloth like the backing, the thinner the plastic, the more likely there will be mini holes cut into the plastic) 

- The paper fluff (the fast absorbent material that allows SAP to work) is so compressed, it can't absorb anything. As a result, the urine will run off the diaper and leak at the leg gathers / front & back.

To get the diaper 'unsquashed', what I do is unfold a weeks diaper usage, and place each, padded side out, on the cross bar of a coat hanger. Usually it takes about 2-4 days for the padding to expand back to designed size. Some premium diapers can take a little longer depending on the design thickness of the padding compared to the packed thickness.

This will eliminate / catch most leaks, but nothing can catch all, so always have a spare pants with you. In your car, it is advisable to carry a disposable changing mat - the kind that absorb as a 'puddle pad' for your seat. This will prevent any leaks on seats. Remember, all seats that a baby sits in is plastic, and when a baby diaper leaks, all that is done is that their clothes are changed as well as their diaper. This is not because they are a baby... it is because that they wear and use a diaper 24/7/365... and diapers leak. You will need to do similar.

Diapers Leak .... that is a fact. Disposable diapers tend to leak more often than cloth. When one is sitting down in a tightly fitting diaper, there is not enough space for urine to run into the diaper (more often when it is messy also) where it can be fast absorbed by the padding. Also, unless the SAP fully 'lockes' away the wet, the diaper will leak at the leg gathers. For those people who wear 24/7/365 in a public / semi-public environment, extra protection is a must.  This is a three part solution...
1. A cloth type cover over the disposable diaper. The ideal item would be a single/double layer cloth training pant / pull-up, the type that does not have an outer plastic layer. This means that when your diaper leaks, there is something to catch the leak.
2. A pair of plastic pants. Make sure that these are large enough to not allow any of the disposable and/or cloth cover wick leakness onto your clothes.
3. An unsquashed diaper. When disposable diapers are manufactured, to reduce the cost of packaging and delivery, they are compressed into as thin and small a size as possible. This causes a number of problems
- The SAP can pierse the plastic backing (and the more cloth like the backing, the thinner the plastic, the more likely there will be mini holes cut into the plastic) 
- The paper fluff (the fast absorbent material that allows SAP to work) is so compressed, it can't absorb anything. As a result, the urine will run off the diaper and leak at the leg gathers / front & back.
To get the diaper 'unsquashed', what I do is unfold a weeks diaper usage, and place each, padded side out, on the cross bar of a coat hanger. Usually it takes about 2-4 days for the padding to expand back to designed size. Some premium diapers can take a little longer depending on the design thickness of the padding compared to the packed thickness.
This will eliminate / catch most leaks, but nothing can catch all, so always have a spare pants with you. In your car, it is advisable to carry a disposable changing mat - the kind that absorb as a 'puddle pad' for your seat. This will prevent any leaks on seats. Remember, all seats that a baby sits in is plastic, and when a baby diaper leaks, all that is done is that their clothes are changed as well as their diaper. This is not because they are a baby... it is because that they wear and use a diaper 24/7/365... and diapers leak. You will need to do similar.
Thank you :)

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

13 hours ago, babykeiff said:

I have never heard of unsquashing diapers.  I only wear Rearz or ABU Simples to work so I am always in a premium diaper.  I will have to try this.  I do fold my diaper in half making a nice channel in it and stretch it out to activate the leg gathers

I always wear protective panties over my diapers but plastic ones are too uncomfortable.  I wear PUL ones that are super comfortable.

I know, I know, I should have a spare pair of pants always.  I just forgot to put them back into my diaper bag after washing them.

The cause of my leak was my fixing pants.  I had pulled them up too high and they pulled my protective panties up above the leg openings of my diaper.  My diaper leaked and my protective panties could not provide any protection.  Fixing pants are awesome for diaper concealment but they can sometimes actually degrade the effectiveness of your diaper because they are too tight.

I have been in diapers permanently for 26 weeks.  I definately know how to avoid leaks.  I just wanted to show everyone even if you take all the steps to mitigate leaks they still do happen from time to time.

4 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

I have never heard of unsquashing the diapers.  I only wear Rearz or ABU Simples to work so I am always in a premium diaper.  I will have to try this.  I do fold my diaper in half making a nice channel in it and stretch it out to activate the leg gathers

MarkSmith,

there is a whole different feel to a diaper once it is 'unsquashed' - if that is the correct word. Also, the diaper absorbs a whole lot more. The Rearz / ABU / Dry24/7 are capable (and I have tried) of lasting upto 24 hours without a change when allowed to expand back to their designed thichness - for example, I have an unsquashed (it has been hanging for about 6mths) ABU Space diaper that is 3.5cms thick. This came originally as 1.5cm thick. The machine that makes diapers, folds same, and to do such, puts two creases into the diaper and squashes it inbetween two rollers. The same machine then squashes 10 together into a plastic bag. Normal storage is between a week to a month before this product is eventually shipped out.

With some adult diapers, in the instructions it states to fold the diaper lenghtways (as you do) and then twist same back and forth to loosen the padding. This does not release the compressed padding - which the manufacturers know... which decreases the absorbancy of the diaper = more changes = more diaper usage  = more profit for the manufacturer.

The ABU has an absorbancy rated at 5000ml. An average healthy bladder size is 400ml. Therefore, an ABU diaper can handle 10+ full wettings of a healthy adult!!! An incontinent person usually has between 10-100ml bladder capacity, which means that the ABU can handle close to 100 wettings!!! The weight of water is 1 g per ml.  Therefore the ABU diaper can handle 5000g, or 5kg of urine in the diaper. Both the tape and the plastic will fail way before this ever happens. This means that your diapers get nowhere close to their rated capacity before they are leaking.

My biggest beef with many disposable diapers is that they will start to leak WAY before they are full to capacity. Many, if not most, seem to start leaking around the leg gathers, instead of "wicking" to the rear. And I'm not talking about full-force, all at once bladder emptying... When I'm diapered with my stent inserted, it's a slow, steady dribble that fills my diapers. I find my cotton diapers will become soaked almost all the way around, before they start leaking pass my plastic panties. With disposable diapers, I usually use an insert/doubler to get the max use out of them. 

Great subject this post has evolved in to. Leaks are enviable.They will happen and normally at the most inopportune time.  I have had the worse luck sleeping while using my stent. While the sleeping is great when eliminating the nightly bathroom trip(s) I have experienced two major leaks resulting major bet wetting. While I know some embrace bed wetting its not so cool when your not so understanding spouse in the same bed. Bath towels do a great job wicking the fluids from the sheets and mattress but do nothing for the staining and stink. The new mattress has a WP cover. I will normally cut back on the fluids before bed now too and use a WP pad.

As for diaper fluffing I will twist and slap the diaper on the counter top to fluff the stuffing. Its helps a lot.   

On 03/04/2018 at 7:36 PM, MarkSmith said:

As I was sitting here at work at my desk I felt my pants start to get wet.  I rushed to the bathroom and found that my diaper had leaked.  This is despite wearing premium diapers, protective briefs, fitting pants, and a onesie.  

For those that want to wear diapers 24/7 this will eventually happen to you no matter how hard you try and prevent it.  I unfortunately do not have a change of pants (I should and I know better) so I will have to sit here the rest of the day and hope my pants dry to the point it is not so noticeable.  Lucky for me there is also a torrential downpour here today so having a wet bottom could be explained away a little easier I suppose.

20180403_142240_768x1024.jpg

Hmm it goes with the territory I am afraid. Many times when getting up from watching TV my wife will say You need to change your nappy because she notices a small wet strip along my bottom, usually before I feel it.

Yep- leaks go with the turf. My Molicares and the Tenas I used to wear are fairly predictable. When 7/8 full the front is swelled to it's max then the wetness creeps up the backside after that. Best to change these as soon as the back begins feeling wet, but if you can't you're still safe for a little while longer. Every diaper style and brand will differ with it's signals; you just have to learn them ;) Another thing which may help is to tuck the edges of cover back under the fitted diaper. And though it may be counter-intuitive I've found that anything compressing the diaper reduces it's capacity and reliability, usually causing 'smiley leaks' like you had.

One critical thing with disposables is to test one to it's limits at home from every new batch you acquire. Problems tend to be batch-related more than singular, but occasionally one bad diaper will happen with the rest being OK. Because it takes time to restock your stash, never run so low that you're forced to use from an untested batch. And adopt the habit of changing earlier rather than later when leaks could ruin your day :rolleyes:

Don't go with only what you think works, rather do some experimenting to see what actually does work best for you :) This is a highly variable game and 'best' is a bit different for each of us. The one thing which holds true for everyone is that premium diapers are the only way to go, the cheaper ones will cause you grief.

Bettypooh

8 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Yep- leaks go with the turf. My Molicares and the Tenas I used to wear are fairly predictable. When 7/8 full the front is swelled to it's max then the wetness creeps up the backside after that. Best to change these as soon as the back begins feeling wet, but if you can't you're still safe for a little while longer. Every diaper style and brand will differ with it's signals; you just have to learn them ;) Another thing which may help is to tuck the edges of cover back under the fitted diaper. And though it may be counter-intuitive I've found that anything compressing the diaper reduces it's capacity and reliability, usually causing 'smiley leaks' like you had.

One critical thing with disposables is to test one to it's limits at home from every new batch you acquire. Problems tend to be batch-related more than singular, but occasionally one bad diaper will happen with the rest being OK. Because it takes time to restock your stash, never run so low that you're forced to use from an untested batch. And adopt the habit of changing earlier rather than later when leaks could ruin your day :rolleyes:

Don't go with only what you think works, rather do some experimenting to see what actually does work best for you :) This is a highly variable game and 'best' is a bit different for each of us. The one thing which holds true for everyone is that premium diapers are the only way to go, the cheaper ones will cause you grief.

Bettypooh

I am finding that my Abena fixing pants are just too tight when I decide to push the limits of the capacity of my Rearz  diapers sometimes.

We all have to make that decision to change or not to change.  The leak in the picture above would have been completely avoided had I just changed my diaper at lunch.  I ended up going to lunch with a fellow employee and did not have an opportunity to change.  Nine hours in a Rearz diaper is generally not an issue at all but I had three Diet Cokes at lunch and I ended up flooding my diaper shortly after we got back.  My protective panties still should have contained my pee pee leak but they were just pulled up too high thanks to my fixing pants. 

The below picture shows how I typically wear everything.  If my layers are situated like this, with my protective panties below my diaper and the fixing panties "fixed" over my protective panties leg openings my pants do not get wet.  I leak of course sometimes but only into my panties. 

Fixing panties are truly awesome for diaper concealment and diaper sag prevention.  I recommend that anyone who wears diapers for any length of time outside your home to own them.  However, as with this leaky "smile" I shared with you, they also can make things too tight which could lead to a smiley face on the back of your pants and a not so smiley face on you.  

20180406_070034_1600x1513.jpg

Though many guys will be hesitant to try it, one of the best garments for supporting and smoothing the diaper profile are women's full-cut brief panties. If you decide to try this, sizing can be an issue unless you remember that women tend to be smaller than men. But don't go too far as women's panties in XL and XXL can be huge as they also have wider hips to contend with :rolleyes: US size 8 or "M" makes a good starting point for the average guy.

What you need here is just enough snugness for the supporting garment to completely stay in place without being too tight. If it starts tight then as the diaper swells it becomes over-compressed which can cause lower capacity and leakage. Everyone tends to be too self-critical about their shape in a diaper. In RL almost nobody pays much attention to that or at least not as much as you'd think. I'm pretty keen on sensing when people become aware of my wearing and it was only when I decided to totally give up any attempts to hide my diaper bulge that most of the few who have noticed caught on. Nobody has said anything yet many years later so I think most of us tend to worry too much about it :P Leaks are very obvious with shape less so, which makes me think you do better focusing on avoiding leaks even if shape is slightly compromised in doing that ;)

Bettypooh

I have a pair of fixing pants I rarely wear but did yesterday when working from home. I noticed they gave me a very obvious bulge in front despite wearing jeans a size too large. I think it’s because they held everything up high and didn't let the diaper sag into the open space in the crotch of my jeans when the diaper got heavy. Everything went out rather than down, so to speak.

I most often wear PUL pants and a onesie over my diaper in public. I’d like to wear something cotton over the diaper and under the PUL, but in weighing the risk of a leak with the discretion lost in one more layer, I choose not to. Maybe a pair of women’s briefs would be a good compromise.

1 hour ago, xander.williams said:

I have a pair of fixing pants I rarely wear but did yesterday when working from home. I noticed they gave me a very obvious bulge in front despite wearing jeans a size too large. I think it’s because they held everything up high and didn't let the diaper sag into the open space in the crotch of my jeans when the diaper got heavy. Everything went out rather than down, so to speak.

I most often wear PUL pants and a onesie over my diaper in public. I’d like to wear something cotton over the diaper and under the PUL, but in weighing the risk of a leak with the discretion lost in one more layer, I choose not to. Maybe a pair of women’s briefs would be a good compromise.

For me fixing pants without a doubt slim my diaper profile down.  There is a big difference when I am not wearing them as the bulge in my jeans is much more defined.  When I have them positioned right it is very hard to see a diaper bulge at all.  Do you fold your diaper in half before you put it on?  That helps to keep your diaper more between your legs and not all bulked up in the front in my opinion.  It also helps to channel your pee pee to the back of your diaper.

My wife also agrees fixing panties help to hide my diaper.  She insists I wear them around our children as they make it less obvious I am diapered and reduce any crinkle down to nothing.

This is the first leak that I have had at work that made it into my pants after wearing diapers almost six months.  That is not bad in my opinion as the leak occured because I did not pull my fixing pants up the right way after voiding and would have been completely prevented had I just changed my diaper.

Fixing panties definately are worth wearing, leaks are just inevitable at some point.

1 hour ago, Bettypooh said:

Though many guys will be hesitant to try it, one of the best garments for supporting and smoothing the diaper profile are women's full-cut brief panties. If you decide to try this, sizing can be an issue unless you remember that women tend to be smaller than men. But don't go too far as women's panties in XL and XXL can be huge as they also have wider hips to contend with :rolleyes: US size 8 or "M" makes a good starting point for the average guy.

What you need here is just enough snugness for the supporting garment to completely stay in place without being too tight. If it starts tight then as the diaper swells it becomes over-compressed which can cause lower capacity and leakage. Everyone tends to be too self-critical about their shape in a diaper. In RL almost nobody pays much attention to that or at least not as much as you'd think. I'm pretty keen on sensing when people become aware of my wearing and it was only when I decided to totally give up any attempts to hide my diaper bulge that most of the few who have noticed caught on. Nobody has said anything yet many years later so I think most of us tend to worry too much about it :P Leaks are very obvious with shape less so, which makes me think you do better focusing on avoiding leaks even if shape is slightly compromised in doing that ;)

Bettypooh

I have no problem as a sissy wearing a nice pink, pair of satiny supportive panties.  In fact I used to wear them.  I have also worn men's compression shorts over my diapers.  Honestly all three of them in my opinion offer the same amount of tightness and support.

I agree with you about people really do not notice regardless how big your diaper bulge is.  Wearing fixing panties is more of a compromise to my wife as it helps with discreetness around our family.  

It is funny, I walked around with two smiles on the back of my jeans and no one noticed so why would they notice a diaper that is too bulky.

I have no problem as a sissy wearing a nice pink, pair of satiny supportive panties.  In fact I used to wear them.  I have also worn men's compression shorts over my diapers.  Honestly all three of them in my opinion offer the same amount of tightness and support.
I agree with you about people really do not notice regardless how big your diaper bulge is.  Wearing fixing panties is more of a compromise to my wife as it helps with discreetness around our family.  
It is funny, I walked around with two smiles on the back of my jeans and no one noticed so why would they notice a diaper that is too bulky.
Same experience here. Plus, i can tell you that the feeling of safety and protection is something that change completely my days. When my diapees are covered by 'special' panties, sometimes gappens that i completely forget the fear of wetness on my pants.

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

23 hours ago, xander.williams said:

More attractive to the ladies!  That is, until you drop your jeans and they notice what they thought was your well endowment is actually diapers instead! 

Seriously, I usually wear cotton briefs over my disposable diaper if I'm not going out of town shopping for the day.  The underpants work like fixing pants as long as they aren't well used and streached out.  Since I only wear diapers 2 or 3 mornings a week for about 3 hours when I get up early in the mornings, I usually wear Haines cotton briefs most of the time however I have some FTL briefs as well..  I find that FTL briefs are a little smaller in overall size and have a bit of a wider crotch.  They hug tighter to my body, but I also notice that I have a more pronounced bulge in front when I wear them over my diaper, same as xander said.  I think he's right that the diaper gets pushed up a little in front.

This morning before work I decided to take two pictures, one wearing fixing pants over my diapers and one without.  In both pictures I am also wearing my GaryWear PUL briefs and a onesie.  In which picture am I wearing fixing pants?

Picture 1

20180409_052803_1600x1200.jpg

Picture 2

20180409_053218_1600x1200.jpg

• Like 1

Knowing when to change comes with experience, like now, my diaper is too wet to sit on a hard chair, but good enough when sitting in this comfy padded chair

Boys can put extra padding in front, doubt it works as much for girls

I too have had and still do experience diaper leaks. Some of the most embarrassing ones, was during a meeting where the whole company more or less participated and I had to leave earlier. When I stood up, I noticed the chair was wet, my jeans soaked in the back and I quickly had to use my blouse to seep up the pee from the chair, tie it around my waist and quickly get out. I never heard anything nor did anyone ever comment on the fact that I was obviously soaking wet.

Scrolling fast forward I learned a few tricks on how to avoid leaks (visible leaks though) and that was by introducing a flannel single layer cloth pullup on top of my disposable diaper and a pair of waterproof pants either plasticpants or PUL pants. I personally like the Gary active wear pul pants. Since I began using this combo, I hardly ever had visible wet spots.

I tried all type of diapers, even the proclaimed heavy duty premium diapers like Rearz, ABU and Comficare / AM-PM, Dry 24/7 and everyone of them leaks before you have used 50% of the absorbancy, but by introducing a second absorbant layer and a cloth booster in the disposable diaper, I have increased absorbency of the diaper, while reducing chances of leaks.

Side note:

ABU diapers for me, have a terrible fit. and a leak is almost always guaranteed.