• Muslim
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Athiest
    • Agnostic
    • Indigenous
    • Alternative
    • Other/no opinion

I am a Christian.  I started going to a Baptist church when I was a kid, mostly Sunday School and not the church service itself.  I did this until around 10 years old or so, then got away from it.  Later I joined a Lutheran church.  I got discouraged as there were wealthy people who didn't seem to want to contribute to the church.  My family is lower middle class and in 1980 we gave $1,000 to the church building fund, figuring if every family did so they would have no problems reaching their goal.  They fell way short, not even reaching half that goal!  Seems the rich people in the church were rich because they never parted with any of their money.

Far be it for me to pass judgement on people, but the church pastor seemed to lose sight of what he was there for.  A little hypocritical.  His wife didn't like one of the songs the choir director chose for one service so he was removed and a school teacher was made choir director instead.  Mind you, the first fellow had a masters degree in music while the other fellow didn't and was only a member of the choir.  You also know who was good friends of the pastor and his wife and who was not so much.

I think the final blow came when the original choir director's mother was dying and he needed to go up and see her for 3 days as she was passing away.  This fellow also taught 4th grade in the Christian day school.  The pastor wouldn't allow him to take off teaching to go see his dying mother!  This teacher/former choir director offered to pay for a substitute teacher out of his own pocket even though he couldn't really afford it, but still the pastor said no.  He had to drive 4 hours on a Saturday to see his mother, he got a flat tire on the way and by the time he got there he had about 1 hour to spend with his mother before she passed away.  It gets better.  The pastor's daughter in law had a baby that same week.  The pastor and his wife left the state to visit their son, daughter in law and the new baby for an entire week!  They had the rest of their lives to spend with that grandchild, yet they wouldn't allow their teacher to spend the last 3 days of his mother's life with her!  It wouldn't have put the school, church or his class out to have a substitute teacher for those 2 days based on the situation.  I can't believe God would have approved of those actions and that lead me more than anything to conclude this pastor and his wife were comfortable in their position with a church full of wealthy parisheners and felt they could do as they wished, not so much as God would have wanted them to do.  By the way, an assistant pastor who I really liked left to take another church at that time.  While it wasn't said why, I believe in part it had to do with some hypocracy in our church. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I am a Christian.  I started going to a Baptist church when I was a kid, mostly Sunday School and not the church service itself.  I did this until around 10 years old or so, then got away from it.  Later I joined a Lutheran church.  I got discouraged as there were wealthy people who didn't seem to want to contribute to the church.  My family is lower middle class and in 1980 we gave $1,000 to the church building fund, figuring if every family did so they would have no problems reaching their goal.  They fell way short, not even reaching half that goal!  Seems the rich people in the church were rich because they never parted with any of their money.

Far be it for me to pass judgement on people, but the church pastor seemed to lose sight of what he was there for.  A little hypocritical.  His wife didn't like one of the songs the choir director chose for one service so he was removed and a school teacher was made choir director instead.  Mind you, the first fellow had a masters degree in music while the other fellow didn't and was only a member of the choir.  You also know who was good friends of the pastor and his wife and who was not so much.

I think the final blow came when the original choir director's mother was dying and he needed to go up and see her for 3 days as she was passing away.  This fellow also taught 4th grade in the Christian day school.  The pastor wouldn't allow him to take off teaching to go see his dying mother!  This teacher/former choir director offered to pay for a substitute teacher out of his own pocket even though he couldn't really afford it, but still the pastor said no.  He had to drive 4 hours on a Saturday to see his mother, he got a flat tire on the way and by the time he got there he had about 1 hour to spend with his mother before she passed away.  It gets better.  The pastor's daughter in law had a baby that same week.  The pastor and his wife left the state to visit their son, daughter in law and the new baby for an entire week!  They had the rest of their lives to spend with that grandchild, yet they wouldn't allow their teacher to spend the last 3 days of his mother's life with her!  It wouldn't have put the school, church or his class out to have a substitute teacher for those 2 days based on the situation.  I can't believe God would have approved of those actions and that lead me more than anything to conclude this pastor and his wife were comfortable in their position with a church full of wealthy parisheners and felt they could do as they wished, not so much as God would have wanted them to do.  By the way, an assistant pastor who I really liked left to take another church at that time.  While it wasn't said why, I believe in part it had to do with some hypocracy in our church. 

It sounds like that pastor needs to go to confession!  

I'm Catholic, and with the current pope being very progressive, but the priest at my local church being very, very conservative, that makes things pretty interesting.

I am not Catholic, but I really like the current Pope!  It was obvious right from the start that he practiced what he preached!  No luxury for him!  Down to earth, very well liked and I wish him well.

• Like 2

Excuse me Elfy, but wikipedia is hardly a reliable source of information.  I take personal offense that you would portray my faith in such a barbaric manner.  Do the Christians not consume the blood and body of christ every sunday?  

I wish you would have asked me about my faith before casting such a brutal judgement on me.  Either here or in a PM.

Maybe you could have mentioned the belief in reincarnation? Or the spiritual aspect? to me it seems you want to degrade my faith by calling me a "troll" and insisting on showing OUTDATED and ANCIENT rituals that are no longer performed.

No offence Elfy, and I know you are an Admin, but weather he is trolling or not, doesn't your comment kind of violate Mikey's rule of being respectful of other people's faiths and beliefs?

DailyDi   "By request I am opening this sub-forum for Religious ABDL's and littles to discuss how religion related to their diaper interests.

No anti-religion posts or comments please. If you are not a Christian simply stay out of this sub-forum. There will be a near-zero tolerance for such attacks in this forum.

Additionally, debates about different religions are not allowed. Please be respectful of everyone's personal beliefs."

Perhaps an apology to Brudda Voodu would be appropriate, especially with all due respect since you have stated you yourself are Agnostic (violating Mikey's request to stay out of this sub forum if you are not a Christian).  As an Admin of all people, I would expect you to be mindful of the rules.

1 hour ago, Elfy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aghori

He's either trolling or rubs the ashes of the cremated dead on his body and uses the bones to make jewellery.

13 minutes ago, Brudda Voodu said:

Excuse me Elfy, but wikipedia is hardly a reliable source of information.  I take personal offense that you would portray my faith in such a barbaric manner.  Do the Christians not consume the blood and body of christ every sunday?  

I wish you would have asked me about my faith before casting such a brutal judgement on me.  Either here or in a PM.

On 4/3/2018 at 6:11 PM, Elfy said:

Agnostic, as I said in my thread from last night.

Perhaps rather than to report a member for simply looking up the religion in Wiki and taking offense for them posting the link and the "header line". You could rather go to Wiki and report and adjust information there, which is exactly what Wiki is made for. Can't exactly shoot the messenger in this case. He posted nothing more than what it describes there. I see no harm nor foul. As a Christian I have never observed the practice of communion (Blood and Body) in the last 30 years. Not every Christian religion is the same, just as perhaps your isn't as well. It's better to go to the source (Wiki) and correct what you feel is in error than to debate it here. Just my two cents. :) Not sticking up for Elfy here by no means, but the term Troll has a few meanings and calling someone on the internet doesn't necessarily mean to be harmful, more so a correction is required to intent of statement, or causing a disruption, which is why DD said not to make post like that.

To clarify, he said trolling OR, so he never called you a troll, he had information available to him and used it. There is to be intelligent conversation, the only way one can get that is by discussing in a calm collective way, again I don't see where you initially provided any reference to your practicing, therefore why he and others (Such as myself) Googled it. IF Mikes rule was this forum is for Christians only than it seems the OP's post would be considered not in following that rule as well. Seeing that was adjusted now though. again not taking sides just stating as I see it, so not taking any action.

We the Aghori DO NOT spread the ashes of the dead on our body.  WE DO NOT make jewelry from the dead.  These are lies spread against my faith. We honor the dead through traditional ceremonies.  These are ancient and no longer used traditions, it is how the ancient religion started. It is no longer practiced in that way.

4 minutes ago, Repaid1 said:

Perhaps rather than to report a member for simply looking up the religion in Wiki and taking offense for them posting the link and the "header line". You could rather go to Wiki and report and adjust information there, which is exactly what Wiki is made for. Can't exactly shoot the messenger in this case. He posted nothing more than what it describes there. I see no harm nor foul. As a Christian I have never observed the practice of communion (Blood and Body) in the last 30 years. Not every Christian religion is the same, just as perhaps your isn't as well. It's better to go to the source (Wiki) and correct what you feel is in error than to debate it here. Just my two cents. :)

Than why even have a religion thread at all? It seems to me that CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL is not an intelligent debate and it is AGAINST YOUR OWN RULES HERE.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Repaid1 said:

Perhaps rather than to report a member for simply looking up the religion in Wiki and taking offense for them posting the link and the "header line". You could rather go to Wiki and report and adjust information there, which is exactly what Wiki is made for. Can't exactly shoot the messenger in this case. He posted nothing more than what it describes there. I see no harm nor foul. As a Christian I have never observed the practice of communion (Blood and Body) in the last 30 years. Not every Christian religion is the same, just as perhaps your isn't as well. It's better to go to the source (Wiki) and correct what you feel is in error than to debate it here. Just my two cents. :) Not sticking up for Elfy here by no means, but the term Troll has a few meanings and calling someone on the internet doesn't necessarily mean to be harmful, more so a correction is required to intent of statement, or causing a disruption, which is why DD said not to make post like that.

To clarify, he said trolling OR, so he never called you a troll, he had information available to him and used it. There is to be intelligent conversation, the only way one can get that is by discussing in a calm collective way, again I don't see where you initially provided any reference to your practicing, therefore why he and others (Such as myself) Googled it. IF Mikes rule was this forum is for Christians only than it seems the OP's post would be considered not in following that rule as well.

"IF Mikes rule was this forum is for Christians only than it seems the OP's post would be considered not in following that rule as well."

If you scroll down through Mikey's original forum post that I have linked above, you will see he "Edited forum to welcome all faiths. But please no "my faith is the right one" posts/comments".  I think that takes in Brudda Voodu's faith and while I may not agree with other people's faiths, I am respectful of them.  While I respect Repaid and Elfy, I do believe Elfy's comment was unwarrented in this forum based on the rules Mikey set up for it.

Troll has a few meanings and calling someone on the internet doesn't necessarily mean to be harmful.

Specifically, he was accused of trolling or rubbing the ashes of the dead on his body and making jewlery out of their bones.  While it may be that the word "Troll" has a few meanings, I believe I am safe in saying that term has been used on this site many times in an unflattering way towards people and the general concenses here is if you are trolling or are a troll, it's bad and detrimental, not putting you in favor with everyone. 

Can't exactly shoot the messenger in this case. He posted nothing more than what it describes there. I see no harm nor foul

There is to be intelligent conversation, the only way one can get that is by discussing in a calm collective way

Again, I don't think when someone says, "He's either trolling or rubs the ashes of the cremated dead on his body and uses the bones to make jewellery". it's "discussing" the topic in a "calm collective way.  There was never any, "I read the Wikipedia article and it mentions rubbing ashes of the dead on your body and making jewlery from their bones.  Can you tell me what the basis of your religion is and how it relates to rubbing the ashes of the dead on your body?  What does that signify?  How does that relate to your faith?"  No, it works both ways.  If Brudda Voodu didn't elaborate on his religion in his first post, then you ask him questions about it if you want to have an intelligent conversation and discuss the matter in a calm collective way.  You direct your comments to him and ask him for more information direct from the source, rather than looking up something on Wikipedia and taking that information as correct (if it's on the internet it must be true).  You don't talk to the rest of the people reading as if the subject isn't even here and say, "He's either trolling or rubs the ashes of the cremated dead on his body and uses the bones to make jewellery".  That's not a discussion, it's a statement that sounds deflamatory against him and his religion.  I think if that was said of anyone's religion they would take offence at it and I see no reason to even say something like that other than to make waves and start something.  There is no question in my mind, weather Wikipedia's information was correct or not, that Elfy as an Agnostic posted an inappropriate reply to Brudda Voodu that is unflattering of his religion, to say the least, and in a forum where people who are not Christian were told to stay out.  Yes, Mikey did amend the rules to welcome all faiths, but that still goes with the rule of no "my faith is the right one" posts/comments".

While I agree with you Brudda, I am glad you updated us on your contact attempts with Elfy,  I think we all need to cool off a bit.  You have every right to be upset, but the last part of your message might have not been as necessary as the first part.  Don't bring yourself down to anyone else's level.  I would be just as upset, believe me and my posts are supportive of you and everyone else's religions, but I think we all need to step back, reflect and try to limit comments that could fan the flames a bit.

• Like 2

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I went for an afternoon nap just after I replied to Voodu's first message.

---

I will apologise to Brudda Voodu. I saw him mention a religion I had no knowledge of so I went to Wikipedia to search for it, when I saw the opening blurb I made the assumption that Voodu was trolling because it seemed like a very extreme religious community. My mistake was in both trusting Wikipedia to be precise and flippantly accusing someone of trolling. I want to apologise for both things and I am sorry for any offence caused. I was ignorant of the religion and what it does and doesn't practice and then made an error in trusting Wikipedia information that I skim read.

I was going to delete my earlier post and leave this one but I will leave the earlier one so the thread makes sense and as a reminder to not jump to conclusions!

I'm sorry again and let's get the thread back on topic. Voodu, if you would like to talk about it more I will reply to messages now that I'm awake!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

Do the Christians not consume the blood and body of christ every sunday?  

No, it's bread and wine in material form, but functionally it is the body and blood of Christ.  I was raised Catholic, so I know that from experience.  Also, not all christian groups practice communion, and for some it's only symbolic where they hold communion in rememberance of Christ, but don't see the bread and wine as becoming his body and blood.

2 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

We the Aghori DO NOT spread the ashes of the dead on our body.  WE DO NOT make jewelry from the dead.  These are lies spread against my faith. We honor the dead through traditional ceremonies.  These are ancient and no longer used traditions, it is how the ancient religion started. It is no longer practiced in that way.

Than why even have a religion thread at all? It seems to me that CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL is not an intelligent debate and it is AGAINST YOUR OWN RULES HERE.

Good point.  I was the one who started this thread, but I hope it won't be the cause of any more arguments.  

3 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

No, it's bread and wine in material form, but functionally it is the body and blood of Christ.  I was raised Catholic, so I know that from experience.  Also, not all christian groups practice communion, and for some it's only symbolic where they hold communion in rememberance of Christ, but don't see the bread and wine as becoming his body and blood.

Good point.  I was the one who started this thread, but I hope it won't be the cause of any more arguments.  

It is okay.  It is just that a person's religion is a very serious aspect of their life so it is bound to sometimes cause arguments in spite of the rules.  Now to answer the question I am a Catholic.

• Like 1

Thank you Elfy!  It's always hard to apologize, especially for something you may have said that you didn't think was inflamatory to someone else.  We have all spoken at times and later regretted having said what we said.  It takes a big person to admit that what they did may have been hurtful to someone else.  Integrity like that is what makes a good person and good Admin.  Now lets all move past this unfortunate incident and get back to the topic.

I'm a little of everything, so I guess I fall into the 'other' catagory.

Roman Catholic by birth, non-denominational as a young adult, and commonly mistaken for Jewish for my large knowledge and respect on common religions where I work.  (I'm in charge of seasonal and items relating to Holidays, thus I often know when Passover, Easter, and Ramadan occur).  My two partners are also Atheist and Jewish respectfully, so I follow a bit of each.

I am a bible based Christian. I will go to any church as long as they stick to the word of God but as soon as they start preaching their own agenda I roll. Yes I have read the bible. I don't claim to be an expert but I am not afraid to verify what people preach.

I am Mormon I'm a returned missionary as well. About 3 years ago I started wetting my bed out of the blue. I was never a bedwetter growing up. Doctors found nothing physically wrong with me. But I still wear diapers at night. Wet them as well. Found this community and about 2 years ago.