LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Smell of a soaked diaper?

Do you mean a wet soaked diaper?  If so, perhaps you might want to post this in one of the other forums like Diaper Lovers or such.  If you mean the smell of a messy diaper, especially one with loose stool, the smell can be very strong right away!  Even with plastic pants the smell of feces is strong in just a short time.

If you live with your parents, you didn't say, but they will most likely know what the wet diaper smells like. I know after I soak mine over night, as much as I love the hours old smells. I change it and bag it up to be nice to my wife. After 5 hours its going to smell and where we diaper lovers think its a sweet smell. Others don't see it that way. I am only talking about pee smells, I agree with rusty pins. if its #2 you won't cover it up.

If you are talking about just being wet that depends on two main factors. Most important is the consistency of your urine. If it is strong and dark yellow the smell will be very pungent, but if you stay well hydrated your urine will be dilute to the point of being almost clear and not smell very strongly at all. Second is the ability of the diaper to keep odors contained. In this regard some diapers do better than others. I've found that the newer style cloth backed "breathable" diapers do just that... they breathe very well. Air in means SMELL out. Plastic backed diapers do a much better job at containing odors.

If you are talking about being messy, no diaper is going to contain that odor for long... especially if the mess is loose and watery. If you want to keep the odor of a messy diaper to a minimum you can do certain things to reduce the odor of your bowel movements, such as making dietary alterations and taking chlorophyll tablets... but be aware these take a couple of days to kick in.

Last weekend I was able to go overnight in diapers again after a long period without, and used my cloth diapers, in fact doubling up to insure no leaks.  I was well hydrated, even to the point of drinking from sippy cups when  coming awake during the night, and can say my diapers  were well used in the morning, but did the job of keeping my bed dry.   While not pooped in they were truly soaked, especially the inside one.  Did I notice the smell in the morning, certainly- no doubt about it.  While I had all the wetness contained by my waterproof panties, the smell was very apparent and I did need to air out the bedroom a bit to insure it was not a give away when my wife returned latter that day.

The point, not sure how you can contain the smell of urine after it has been more than 4-5 hours, as it will get to be ripe no matter how clear, dilute it is, after all, it is the major method of removing waste from your body, and that waste will certainly start to smell after a point.

• 2 months later...

My nappy starts to smell after a few hours. I wear plastic pants over my nappies when I'm out and about at work and with friends/family but even after short while I've been told I smell of pee.  Mummy has on many occasions told me I need a change and she has either taken me off and changed me or if it's not been a suitable scenario  (like in a vanilla setting) she has told me to go change.  So the answer is, although You may not think you smell, actually you do. 

• 8 months later...
On 6/28/2018 at 5:55 PM, Constantlywet said:

My nappy starts to smell after a few hours. I wear plastic pants over my nappies when I'm out and about at work and with friends/family but even after short while I've been told I smell of pee.  Mummy has on many occasions told me I need a change and she has either taken me off and changed me or if it's not been a suitable scenario  (like in a vanilla setting) she has told me to go change.  So the answer is, although You may not think you smell, actually you do. 

My wife usually tells me when I smell of pee.

I can usually stay in the same diaper for +8hours before any smell begins to become noticeable. Plastic backed diapers are superior in this regard. Clothbacked can sometimes mask a smell, but too often I have to change before the diaper is fully used, which to me is a waste.

I like being in a saturated or soaked diaper. It feels really comfortable and squishy, poopy diaper only adds to the experience of wearing a heavy and fully used diaper.

• 1 month later...

Well..what can I say..I Love the Smell of(my) Soaked Diapers and Plastic,vinyl or rubber pants..given the rite circumstances, poopy Diapers can be fun too..of course this is All done out of site of my wife who is wonderful and let's me enjoy myself both Alone and with Others of my Choosing..:)

I suspect much has to do with one's own chemistry. I have on occasion worn my diaper for 10 hours straight....this being over night. Next morning, soaked diaper and all it doesn't exactly smell ripe, but it does have an odor. And that due most likely because I drink a fair amount of water. Certainly after my morning coffee, the next time I pee, it smells slightly of coffee.

• 1 month later...

Pee in a diaper with baby powder smells great. But I'm amazed by how intense pee is even after 30 mins or more. And the smell doesn't go away even after a shower for some time. I've heard it's bad to stay in peed diapers because of rashes, but I've done it out in public for a few hours. It's amazing how smelly a peed diaper gets after an hour or more. They start to have a stinky smell similar to a poopy diaper after some time.