LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Want to know what others suggest

Hi everyone!

So I’m new here and I also have recently found myself having to wear diapers 24/7 for urinary incontinence. It’s due to an injury I had about 12 years ago and it has slowly gotten worse over the years as expected. I was told my my physician that it was to be expected as I got older. However, I am curious as to what many of you do, or how you balance wearing diapers for urinary incontinence and take care of other business like going number “2”? I have to wear heavy duty diapers like Comfy Dry 24/7 or Rearz because I have heavy wetting issues. But when the other need arises I find it to be a real pain because I have to finagle the diaper off to do my buisness. I like the Rearz diapers as they have an actual landing zone for the tapes so you can refasten the tapes. But the problem I’ve noticed with that is the tapes begin to lose their strength once you do that once or twice and the diaper doesn’t stay snug. Especially after the diaper becomes very wet and heavy. What are some suggestions? How does everyone else cope with this issue? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I've you're not turned off by abdl print, try Tykables diapers. They have hook and loop (velcro) tabs that hold strong regardless of how many times you refasten them. They are more expensive than many diapers out there but they hold a lot and most days you will not need more than 2. For a case of 80 at $155 with free shipping, they cost $1.94 per diaper.

The Tykables and Bambino Ultrastretch are on about the same level when it comes to quality, softness, absorbency, and comfort. The Ultrastretches are a bit more comfortable because of their stretchy wings. However, I prefer the Tykables for a couple reasons: The Ultrastretches wings are at first very nice and comfortable, but they tend to loose their stretch over time causing the diaper becomes loose. That being said, it's not a major fault to the diaper and they still do a good job with some readjusting. The real reason why I don't get ultratretches is price; at $133 for a case of 40 with free shipping, that puts them at $3.33 per diaper. It's quite a bit more money for about the same product as I can get elsewhere.

Some people are able to slide their diapers down and back up like underpants when they have to poo.  Have you tried doing that?  Some can and maybe some can't.  If you do but then the diaper seems a little loose around your waist when you pull it back up, try some regular cotton briefs or fixing pants to help hold it tighter until it's time for you to change it.  The fixing pants will also help when your diaper gets heavy and starts sagging.

• Like 1

C1031,  Like you, II have to wear high-capacity diapers because of urge urinary incontinence. Fortunately, when it comes to pooping, I am able to slide my diaper up and down like underpants (as Rusty Pins suggested). I have to be careful about it, but it works OK most of the time.

I wear Rearz diapers everyday and I think they work great to shimmy up and down without actually untaping them.  Some diapers actually clump or rip doing this when you go to pull them back up but the strong Rearz backsheet prevents this.  I try not to untape them as much as possible but sometimes my diaper becomes too loose.  When this happens I only untape one upper tape and tighten it.  Then you have another one on the other side should you have to readjust again.  Usually by that time it is time for a diaper change anyway.

Wearing a onesie or diaper fitting pants also help even if your diaper becomes to loose.  I always recommend you keep duct tape or packing tape for tape failures.  You can also use tape to tighten your diaper up.  

I've not found the usual 'refastenable tape' systems to work worth a hoot. Only velcro passes muster here ;) I slide mine down to poop, a slow and troublesome process which doesn't work when there's great urgency involved :rolleyes: What can work is to pin or staple the released tape back in place. That seems to hold almost as well as a properly fastened tape. I do this on the odd occasion when I get a tape applied wrong and have to re-do it. Only a wide band of duct tape seems to do as good and there's often none on hand when I need it.

As far as sagging I simply let it happen as I no longer feel anything shameful about wearing diapers and I don't really care what others see or think anymore B) Otherwise I still aim for discretion out of a sense of modesty :blush: I've found that my diapers perform well with out extra support and in all my previous attempts to wear something over them there have been leaks and a lowering of total capacity :angry: Of those who seem to notice nobody says anything, this holding true after 5 years of 24/7 wearing. If I'm getting no problems then I'm not inclined to make any for myself; my way works fine for me and YMMV :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

Hey everyone. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. It feels good to know I have somewhere to go for support. It sucks being 38 years old, active, sociable but realizing that all your friends don’t have to wear diapers. It kinda makes you feel like an outcast because you don’t have anyone to talk to who can relate. Thanks again everyone.

On 01/04/2018 at 3:04 PM, C1031 said:

Hi everyone!

So I’m new here and I also have recently found myself having to wear diapers 24/7 for urinary incontinence. It’s due to an injury I had about 12 years ago and it has slowly gotten worse over the years as expected. I was told my my physician that it was to be expected as I got older. However, I am curious as to what many of you do, or how you balance wearing diapers for urinary incontinence and take care of other business like going number “2”? I have to wear heavy duty diapers like Comfy Dry 24/7 or Rearz because I have heavy wetting issues. But when the other need arises I find it to be a real pain because I have to finagle the diaper off to do my buisness. I like the Rearz diapers as they have an actual landing zone for the tapes so you can refasten the tapes. But the problem I’ve noticed with that is the tapes begin to lose their strength once you do that once or twice and the diaper doesn’t stay snug. Especially after the diaper becomes very wet and heavy. What are some suggestions? How does everyone else cope with this issue? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I don't fasten the tapes to tight and slide my nappy down. I keep them in place with net fixing pants and Mylesta nylon pants over the fixing pants.