LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well I can now say I’m even more sorry to those that are incontinence. So I took the challenge and wore to work. I’m in the fast food industry. Hot was not the word. My diaper felt moist within an hour of being there. My opinion is that I’m very thankful I have a choice where as others don’t. For a lot there has been that wish that you had a reason to wear 24/7. If that ever happens I will take it in stride but never again will I wish for it. Again my deep respect to those who have to.

PS...  To those that fear one seeing relax people don’t have a clue. I will say the main problem I worried about was the tight quarters and a coworker bumping into my butt.

The first time wearing in public feels like everybody knows your wearing a nappy. You feel the bulk between you legs that reminds you your wearing and that intensifies the paranoia. The reality is nobody knows you wearing unless you make it obvious. After wearing 24/7 for awhile it doesn't feel like your actually wearing a nappy anymore it becomes so normal. I think wetting becomes so much easier and this changes the whole experience of nappy wearing. Say goodbye to the floods as you learn to dribble and gush everywhere you go this extending the life of your nappy and giving you much more confidence in the product. I can tell you I never leak now and change every 4 hours. If I choose to drink loads I gush small amounts near constantly and my nappy absorbs these very well but before 24/7 I seemed to hold more urine and I would flood and after 2/3 wettings the front of my nappy would be saturated and leak around the top resulting in more changes and me questioning myself if I could actually cope with incontinence, the actual truth is that when you start dribbling and gushing that is actual incontinence as is so much more manageable then flooding.

I think the place a person works makes a big difference. I was a manager for a dairy queen for 8 years and I would never wear to work. Now i have a desk job and I can say wearing at work when all you do is sit at a computer isn't a big deal.  For some people you can just be incontinent when your job allows it.  I can only imagine what it would be like for someone who has to go through life like that. Lastly,as someone who was a manager in fast food anyone who works in fast food (or any food service) should be careful.  Each state in the US has their own laws and I know in my state if you have diarrhea you are considered a health risk even if you aren't sick. I could see someone wearing diapers being seen as a health risk and let go.

I think the purpose of this thread is not necessarily others noticing you if you wear outside or to work, it's more about the conditions you might find yourself in if you had no choice but to have to wear diapers due to being incontinent.  The situation where you are in an environment that causes you to sweat, for example and therefore making a diaper really uncomfortable such as working in a fast food place where you are always active and it's hot to begin with.  Then there is the added worry from people around you in close quarters bumping into you or noticing your diaper showing if you have to bend down (which is always happening in fast food).  I wouldn't think in the USA you could be discriminated against for being incontinent and working in fast food because anyone working there could have skid marks in their undies, especially if working in a place where it's hot and they are sweaty all the time.  Seems to me a diaper would be more sanitary than cotton underpants in that respect since diapers are designed to keep things in and not let it out.  Your pants will be covering everything anyway.   You may think of someone changing their diaper and all and it not being very sanitary afterwards.  Well, any coworker can go to the bathroom and not wash their hands afterwards, so that knocks that argument out of the water.  Anyway, I happen to agree with the OP.  It might be fun to wear diapers but I sure would never want to be incontinent and have to wear them 24/7/365.  There are too many times where I would not want to be around people when wearing diapers but I also admit I never thought of the situations where diapers would be uncomfortable due to the activities and environment I was in.

Yes Rusty Pins you got where I was going with this. Exactly the heat is incredible and tight quarters of bumping into one another. I don’t know how it got to the health department talk . Never have I seen a restaurant loose points due to what undergarment you wear. And I wore a very thin diaper at that. Could not imagine is it were a 24/7 or better dry. Again mad respect to those without a choice...

I saw that episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe went into a large military airplane wing to change out the fuel bladder.  Tight quarters there!  I can imagine how hot and stuffy it was in there.

Like KInsey said: I made the choice to wear 24/7 and I committed to it. Every so now and then I do think ” what the hell am I doing under these circumstances”, but over the course of a year you can count these thoughts on one hand. So to my opinion the "cons" get surpassed by the "pros" of wearing diapers 24/7 by a mile.

• Like 1

Everything in life is a trade-off of some sort. Those of us who chose to wear 24/7 and continue to do so have found that for us, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks :D That does not mean everyone will reach the same conclusion; it's not for everyone to do. Nor does it make us better- it only makes us different and I personally like being different than the masses B) Many of those who start down this path become discouraged when they discover the drawbacks or they let their fears override the reality that discovery is very unlikely if the wearing is done with discretion in mind. Only ample time with the experience can overcome the fears and handle the drawbacks- you have to personally experience it before it becomes believable and do-able. This is why you hear us saying that to know for sure whether it's right for you takes more than a superficial experience, it takes a commitment to a longer time of trying it for yourself ;)

On my own journey I've found that some of my worries and fears were valid and many were not. The valid ones can be successfully dealt with given the proper approach. Which approach works best for you is something you have to discover for yourself. We're here to offer suggestions and share our own knowledge in support but in the end it's all a personal decision in which everyone's best answer is going to be different and that's how it should be :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

11 hours ago, KinsyInRibbons said:

I was there during the filming. You see me in the background for a brief second, working on a different aircraft. I was supposed to be working on the one they used for filming, but because it had the less critical repair, they switched me up. That was the closest I ever got to traditional TV stardom :-p They also wanted an airmen, not a civilian contractor...

Cool!  Now if you were only there on Dirty Jobs when they were filming the episode where he was in a diaper service building, sorting and washing all the diapers.........

5 hours ago, KinsyInRibbons said:

Only seen one episode, so no idea which one you are talking about :-p

Here is a YouTube link.  The diaper segment starts about 20 minutes in and you can slide the bar at the bottom forwards to that point.  

No problem!  Maybe someone else here reading this post is interested in seeing the video and doesn't know how to queue it up, or think there is a mistake with the link since the first 20 minutes of the show has nothing to do with diapers.  That's one reason I mentioned it started about 20 minutes into the show and how people can by-pass those first 20 minutes.

Working at a supermarket is no better.  I can completely relate to the office job vs heavy work job.  When I have my office days, I can comfortably wear and wet.  I don't feel much in the way of discomfort either.  When running around the sales floor though, I am ususally quite uncomfortable.  I push 5 miles of walking per work day, and that involve a lot of friction.  Sometimes it's just unbearable being in a wet diaper while moving so much (can anyone else say ouch!)