LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

In Praise of the Dummy (pacifier, paci, dum-dum, binkie et al)

In Praise of the Dummy  (pacifier, paci, dum-dum, binkie et al)

Recently I have been spending time with my dummy. I have been surprised at just how useful this little piece of rubber and plastic actually is.

As a baby mummy would slip in my dum-dum (what she called it) to soothe and ease my distress, it had never really occurred to me to use it now as an adult.

Through these pages I know quite a few readers do so… but it hadn’t occurred to me why they are so special, or perhaps more to the point, why they aren’t used more on a daily basis.

#

Think of how many biros and pencils would be relieved of their chewed and disgusting ends?

How exams would be a lot less stressful if we sucked on our pacis as we turned over that first page?

Perhaps taking a driving test would be improved with the addition of a dum-dum?

When those interminable hold-ups happen on our roads, just think how much less aggravating they’d be whilst spending that frustrating time waiting, sucking on a pacifier?

Maybe, when surrounded by bills and receipts as you fill in your yearly tax return, the slurping on a dummy might make it so much better; or at least focus the mind?

I’m not sure if every stressful situation would be improved with a dummy; for instance an army going into battle might look strange doing so whilst sucking away… but there again???

How much easier it would be to fill a bath but instead of lighting several scented candles to help relax and unwind, you simply popped in a paci?

Don’t tell me you need that glass of chilled white wine, it’s merely a substitute for sucking on a dummy.

Who’d have thought that Maggie Simpson was the sage who knew that: There is not a problem that cannot be improved by sucking on a dummy.

Kojak didn’t suck on his lollipop for affectation he used it as a replacement for his paci.

So, as pharmacies and stores stock adult nappies, diapers and plastic pants… (thank you very much) then I think they should (perhaps by law) also have to stock adult dummies.

So let’s be more open and adventurous with our pacis, more creative and confident with our dummies and make sure there is - Suckcess for each and every one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rift The husky said:

Oh I have many paci's but I don't have one that glows in the dark.   However, as for cuddlez that is way to much money for shipping when it comes to my blood.   They would go well with my cookie monster dummy or paci or whatever.   Anyway, after rambling on I just want to say they are very relaxing when I have the time for them.

I do have a glow in the dark paci with a Nuk 7 silicone teat that I bought at pacifiersrus. I put it under a lamp to get it really charged up before going to bed and it glows really well. I have others with a Nuk5 silicone teat too. I sleep with mine most nights and it’s very helpful. Pacifiers.... they’re not just for children anymore.

Hugs,

Freta

39 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

I do have a glow in the dark paci with a Nuk 7 silicone teat that I bought at pacifiersrus. I put it under a lamp to get it really charged up before going to bed and it glows really well. I have others with a Nuk5 silicone teat too. I sleep with mine most nights and it’s very helpful. Pacifiers.... they’re not just for children anymore.

Hugs,

Freta

They are also for monsters who scare you in the dark

I love love love my soother. Actually soothers. I have many through the my house. I have one in my mouth pretty much all the time when I am at home. If it was socially acceptable, I would have one in all the time wherever I go. It will just have to be at home though. It's just part of who I am.

As anyone found that sucking on a dummy at night has stopped them from snoring?

I remember someone claiming this some time back :9509a2dc63c0b83f06b42769b120ea13:but I'm not sure if it's true.