LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Doctors Visit

uk_DL

Well yesterday was fun. My partner and I both went to the doctors with the flu. I thought nothing of it and decided i would continue and wear my Betterdry "Very Bulky" nappy with Bodysuit over the top to prevent being seen as this nappies go high up my back "Higher then my jeans" then a normal T-Shirt on top of that and then a coat.

So we arrived at the Doctors and was called in, asked what the issue was and said i have a bad flu. Her response was, can you remove your top so i can listen :o:o:o:o then i started to panic.

I had to drop the jeans to undo the Bodysuit (Poppers) the Doctor said i had to remove my coat. "Take your time" she said as i sat there panicking.

My partner said to the doctor he is wearing a all-in-one...........doc replied no problem. I undid the poppers and took off my coat and t-shirt, Bodysuit and thought shit, now the nappy is going to be on full display due to how high it sits.

I stood up and faced the doctor, my partner managed to quickly tuck the nappy below the jeans and then turned around so the doc could hear my back. Not sure if the doc noticed the nappy but nothing was said.

When we got out of the doctors, i laughed and said that was close. Partner said, she could not believe i had put it on to go to the doctors. I never thought she would ask me to remove my t-shirt.

Partner said if the doc said anything she would have said he only wears then when he is not well as coughing makes him leak.

I have recently started wearing 24/7 i went to the dentist last month but I'm so used to wearing never thought about nappy poking out of my waist band till led down head tilted slightly back and my t shirt slipping up and exposing my waist band ohh well haha 

45 minutes ago, uk_DL said:

did they say anything or notice?

If they noticed mine they never said anything. I've actually got the dentist later too haha

At age 36 you should know by now, unless this is the first time you have been to a doctor.  If you have the flu, cold or any of that type of illness the doctor will always need to listen to your lungs.  That means pulling your shirt up so he can put his stethescope on both your back (deep breaths) and front (breathe normally).  If you went in for a sprained wrist or broken toe, no problem.  Anything more, always be prepared to take your shirt off.

5 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

At age 36 you should know by now, unless this is the first time you have been to a doctor.  If you have the flu, cold or any of that type of illness the doctor will always need to listen to your lungs.  That means pulling your shirt up so he can put his stethescope on both your back (deep breaths) and front (breathe normally).  If you went in for a sprained wrist or broken toe, no problem.  Anything more, always be prepared to take your shirt off.

That got me thinking, as I hope I'm on the way to 24/7 - or at least I'm planning for it.  I ought to get a couple of pairs of vanilla-looking training pants to use as "stealth nappies" on such occasions.

Or wear a good absorbent pull on disposable underpant with boxer briefs over it to conceal them if you want to be stealthy but must wear some protection.  Even that isn't a guarantee it won't be noticed.

I'm not that bothered about being noticed, but out of courtesy I'll go well out of my way to try to avoid it.  It's not fair on others, even in a medical situation, in my view.  I've been to the doctor's and the dentist's in a nappy, but well covered up, and not for anything where I'd need to undress at all.  If I go 24/7 & I needed medical attention that would mean dropping my trousers then I'd have to make a call of course - if I was confident I could be continent then I'd wear big boys' pants, if not, I'd have to own up to it wouldn't I?

Anyway, I'll get myself something for those "shirt off" times.

This was really funny to read :D  Hats off to your partner btw.. she really deserves big thanks and maybe little apologize as well I would say.

When you're sick I think its prime time to wear diapers.  I mean....you don't want to be moving around too much anyway.  Unless you have diarrhea.......then things can get messy.

However....if things DO get messy then you'll be happy you are wearing anyhow.....

I’m urge incontinent and need to wear a diaper. Since I have to wear 24/7, I always wear a diaper when I visit a doctor, dentist, or whatever. It’s not a big deal for a doctor to see that you’re wearing a diaper. In my experience, the doctor doesn’t even comment on the diaper unless the reason for the visit has something to do with my urinary problems. I would not expect a doctor that I was seeing for the flu to say anything about it,

I can't tell you how many times ,I have woken up in ICU/CCU which means I was in emergency department unconscious ,when they undress you they will find your diaper and generaly know what to do ,as in keep a diaper on you and change as needed ,its no great shakes to find a person in a diaper (When doing my training we rotate thru all departments including watching at least 6 autopsies and the emergency department culturing our ability to insert IV and drawing blood, trust me nobody thinks twice about a diaper )as for wearing to the dentist , they appreciate it because many times anaesthesia results in IC so not pissing in there chair requiring disinfection and time away from other patient care is appreciated .In medicine unless its a problem for you its not a problem for them ,as in if you request a consult for IC then they care as part of taking care of you , i honestly do think my PCP would be able to answer if i wore diapers because i know she has seen me in them , however my IC is not something I bring up because i have a urologist , so I am sure she seen it in a medical record sometime or may remember being in the room when her nurse gave me an injection for anemia and had to open my diaper but since she doesn't treat me for it it's a pretty hazy possible memory to her not something she needs to address .so if your doctor sees you in a diaper they realy don't think about it and unless you bring it up to them it's none of there concern how or why its there .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, uk_DL said:

did they say anything or notice?

No I don't think they knew. I was having my tooth drilled when I felt my nappy starting to get warm and knew I was peeing uncontrollably.

Wore to the dentist. Would never wear to a doctor, except perhaps an ophthalmologist.

I am going to the optometrist this weekend. I’ll wear to that. I’ve also worn to a see a therapist, and I did not bring it up.

I have not worn to a massage before, but if I did, I’d change out of it and then back into it.

I had to see our companies physician earlier this week for I have been struggling with burn out symptoms since November 2017. They will guide and help you through the re-integration process, in the Netherlands that is rather normal if not standard. Aside of that we are currently struck by a serious flu outbreak lasting over 15 weeks by now and unfortunately it didn’t pass my door. I was called in had to climb a couple of stairs and by the time I made it to the office I was completely out of breath. Apparently he noticed it and asked what was going on, so I told him I felt sick due to the flu outbreak and felt out of breath. At that point he yanked out his stethoscope and said ”take of your jacket and T-shirt I want to listen to your lungs”. Quite a few people got hospitalized during the last outbreak or even worse weak people and older people died as a result of the flu. Well I wear diapers 24/7 by choice so taking off my shirt and jacket un-doubtfully would expose my diaper, especially at the rear as I prefer to wear plastic pants and a very thin cloth diaper over my disposable. So prior to him noticing my diaper I just told him straight up I was wearing a diaper and all he said was “oh, ok I'll see” and that was the end of it. I do not know whether he marked it in the file and frankly I couldn’t care less. Bottom line, he didn’t care or didn’t seem to be surprised at all, so why should I be worried or anything? I guess they have seen or heard it all. For me just another hurdle taken.

On 3/28/2018 at 12:41 AM, Cruiser 03 said:

Diapers are seen all the time by doctors and nurses they don't think anything about them .

Have you seen the diapers that medical professionals use? They're trash. Cloth style attends mostly. An abena m4/l4 would seem like overkill to them. A quality super absorbent diaper that we like would be overkill in their eyes and raise suspicion. Although doctors seem to have used all 8 gigs on medical info, an d.c. not social or sexual. (Human brain holds approximately 8 gigs of memory) 

I have shown up in all manner of premium diaper, it's an easy to cover issue, in a hospital or facility generaly someones changes you in less than 2 hours , diapering is alot off work when you cant independeply change on a schedule like that, so the natural thing to do is having more capacity, which a do and nobody thinks twice , so heavy wetting or inability to do all the work to properly change is a valid reason that doctors and nurses accept.

For what it's worth I don't think the doctor would have been at all fazed if she'd found out that you were wearing nappies.  Halthcare professionals are trained not to be fazed by such things.  

What does concern me though is that you went to the doctor's with the flu!  Doing so would carry the risk of passing it on to other people and there is nothing a doctor can do about flu or a common cold for that matter.  Such things are viral infections not bacterial ones and they do not respond to antibiotics.   If you have the flu, the best treatment is bed rest in a warm (but not overheated house) plenty of fluids (which may make you want to wee) and maybe a little paracetamol if needed.  It is a self limiting condition which normally lasts no longer than a week to ten days.  

Doctors and nurses see people in diapers all the time based on the number of different patents they have.  That is not a problem.  I think the problem is more for the person who is wearing diapers to the doctor's office if they do so without being actually incontinent.  It may or may not be a problem for them, but I say it could be based on a few forum posts I've read from members who wore on a whim only to find out the doctor needed to examine them in areas that could cause their diaper to be exposed.  Just like the first post here, the patent scrambles to hide their diaper so their doctor wouldn't see it.

I had a DL friend who has gotten skin cancer before.  He went diapered to a screening figuring it would just be his face.  When he got there he found he was schedualed for a full body screening and had no choice but to strip and put on one of those skimpy hospital gowns and be screened wearing his bulky cloth diapers and plastic pants.  He, of course, had to walk around the area with the back of the gown open at the bottom showing his diapers to anyone who passed by.

If you don't give a crap weather or not your doctor sees you wearing diapers or knows you wear diapers for whatever reason, that is not a problem for you.  Again, doctors and nurses see incontinent patents in diapers all the time.  It becomes a problem for the patent  when they don't want to be seen in a diaper, or they don't want their doctor to know.  Their doctor could ask embarrassing questions about why, want to run tests, etc.  You either lie and say you have been having problems taking up your doctor's time and away from other patients, agree to unneeded tests costing your insurance company money (fraudulently I might add), or fess up that there is really nothing wrong with you and you just like to wear diapers.  That could be just as uncomfortable as anything, hence your scramble to make sure your doctor doesn't notice.  It could also make it's way into your medical records and if it is your company footing the bill for your physical or medical examination as a requirement for your job, they have access to those records  Why?  Because you have consented to it as part of your job requirements having to have the medical examination not because you were sick, but because your company requires it as part of the terms of your employment.  If they require it, then they do so with the understanding they see the results.  Don't believe that?  Ok, you get hired by a company but have to take a drug test first.  You think if they find illegal drugs in your system it won't be reported back to your company?

If you are fine with your doctor seeing you wearing diapers and don't care if they know the reason or if it somehow ends up in your medical records, go for it!  Otherwise, if you are afraid to be seen wearing diapers by medical staff for any reason, leave the diapers at home!  Unless you are a doctor yourself, you never know where an examination will go.  You may go in for a spot on your face and end up having the doctor decide to check the rest of your body for other spots.

As a paramedic (and DL so I was attuned to such things), I've treated/transported patients in diapers.     It means nothing to me professionally.

As Rusty says, you have to live with the consequences of your actions.   At this point in my life, I don't care.   

• Like 1