LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A new aspect of my night wetting

pppants

So I've written on here several times in the past about how I've never had a bed wetting accident if alcohol wasn't involved. Drunk wetting is almost always expected nowadays so I'm usually heavily diapered for bed in these instances. I wake up with my cloth diaper and pads thoroughly soaked, but the bed has been saved. 

However for two of the last three nights I've gone to bed sober, I've awoken in the middle of the night fully erect thoroughly bursting to pee.... The problem is my underpants are already pretty wet, but the bed is dry. I have no recollection of peeing/leaking before I wake up bursting. 

I'm intrigued by the idea of sober bed wetting, but do not want to NEED diapers for bed every night. If this was going to be the extent of it I'd be OK with it. I like waking up with my undies a little wet as long as the bed doesn't suffer. But my fear is perhaps the frequent wearing to bed drunk has conditioned my body to think it's ok to pee at night regardless of my sobriety or lack there of. It feels like a legit sober wet bed is on the horizon. 

I've not been intentionally drinking a lot of liquid prior to bed, but I'm certainty not restricting my intake either.

Has anyone else dealt with anything similar?

Please advise. 

So I've written on here several times in the past about how I've never had a bed wetting accident if alcohol wasn't involved. Drunk wetting is almost always expected nowadays so I'm usually heavily diapered for bed in these instances. I wake up with my cloth diaper and pads thoroughly soaked, but the bed has been saved. 

However for two of the last three nights I've gone to bed sober, I've awoken in the middle of the night fully erect thoroughly bursting to pee.... The problem is my underpants are already pretty wet, but the bed is dry. I have no recollection of peeing/leaking before I wake up bursting. 

I'm intrigued by the idea of sober bed wetting, but do not want to NEED diapers for bed every night. If this was going to be the extent of it I'd be OK with it. I like waking up with my undies a little wet as long as the bed doesn't suffer. But my fear is perhaps the frequent wearing to bed drunk has conditioned my body to think it's ok to pee at night regardless of my sobriety or lack there of. It feels like a legit sober wet bed is on the horizon. 

I've not been intentionally drinking a lot of liquid prior to bed, but I'm certainty not restricting my intake either.

Has anyone else dealt with anything similar?

Please advise. 

I think you have to accept nightly bedwetting may be just around the corner.

I agree with Steve you may be closer to wearing every night then you think, nocturnal incontinence is one of the hardest forms of incontinence  to reverse if you have been wearing and using your diapers at night deliberately for a long time once the body adapts to peeing while you sleep it will continue in or out of diapers. If you are not wearing diapers at night at least make sure you have a matress protector and a washable,bed pad or to that you can swap out if you pee juring the night while you sleep. 

Yep, over many months of reestablishing the habit I transitioned from nocturnal “accidents” only after drinking to regular sleep wetting without alcohol.  Perhaps different than you, I welcomed the progression. 

Even in my relatively dry years too much beer always resulted in a wet bed by morning. Then in my late 40's I started to wet the bed occasionally even when I hadn't been on the beer. This soon became a regular thing. Six years on and I am a nightly bedwetter again. Fortunately it doesn't bother me at all but if it is a problem see your Doctor as often adult bedwetting an be cured.

While I don't personally mind this new development, I fear if it does progress to consistent wetting even when not induced by alcohol, my wife will make me go see a Dr. 

Not that I'm afraid of doctors, but I'd hate to have to explain that this all started with a diaper fetish. 

Has anyone ever had to come clean with their Dr. If seeking help for bed wetting?

I'm curious to know how the Dr reacted and what their suggested solution was. 

Thanks,

TM 

Personally, if you didn't care weather you wore diapers to bed every night for the rest of your life, it wouldn't be a problem.  You say, "I'm intrigued by the idea of sober bed wetting, but do not want to NEED diapers for bed every night. If this was going to be the extent of it I'd be OK with it. I like waking up with my undies a little wet as long as the bed doesn't suffer. But my fear is perhaps the frequent wearing to bed drunk has conditioned my body to think it's ok to pee at night regardless of my sobriety or lack there of. It feels like a legit sober wet bed is on the horizon".  

My thoughts.  I don't think you can have it both ways.  Wetting when you have been drinking is a given and diapers required.  Wetting a little when sober is hit and miss but getting more frequent from what you say.  Even so, you say you do not want to NEED diapers for bed every night.  I wouldn't want to have to wear diapers to bed either, but that's just me.  I don't think you can just rely on wetting a little in your undies without the fact it will become worse and worse as time goes by.  If it keeps up that way I think you will start to have more than just damp underwear and eventually get to the point you don't want, having no choice but to wear diapers to bed every night.

Now is the time to fish or cut bait, as they say, and don't put it off any longer.  It seems the sober damp underwear is just starting, but progressing.  Either do nothing and eventually end up every night in diapers, or take action to stop it from happening completely.  That means bedwetting alarms of some type or another.  Either an alarm that attaches to your underwear and goes off when you start to wet so it wakens you, or a cheaper way to go is to set an alarm clock to wake you a few times during the night.  If you go to bed at 11pm, set it to wake you at 3am.  If you are already wet when it wakes you, set it to wake you at 2am, etc until you are waking up dry.  Then if you get up and pee, go back to bed and still wake up with damp underwear, set a second clock to wake you 2 or 3 hours later to get up and pee again.  The thing is, you have to start right now taking action to stop your sober bedwetting before it gets too late to do anything about it. 

I agree in your assessment of the situation when you say, "the frequent wearing to bed drunk has conditioned my body to think it's ok to pee at night regardless of my sobriety or lack there of".   Unfortunatly for you, it can't be both ways.  You can't decide you like to wake up with wet or damp underpants but don't want to fully wet the bed and have to wear diapers every night.  There is no middle ground here.  Either start to train yourself to wake up to pee so you don't wet the bed or even dampen your underpants in your sleep, or have to wear diapers every night because the frequent wearing to bed drunk has conditioned your body to wet in your sleep weather you are drunk or sober.  You have to recondition your body to recognize when you have to pee and wake you up every time so you can go to the bathroom rather than let you sleep through that feeling and wet your bed instead.  That's where the bedwetting alarms or setting alarm clocks to wake you in the middle of the night to pee comes in.  You are conditioning your brain to wake you up in the middle of the night so you can pee.  When the clock goes off, get up to pee even though you may not feel like you have to.  If you just wake up dry and go right back to sleep, your body won't make the connection that the reason you are waking is so you can get up to pee.  Your decision.  Put some work and effort into retraining even though it may be a hassle and inconvienient and bothersome, or keep on the path you are on and end up where you don't want to be, having no choice but to wear diapers every night of your life to keep your bed dry and mattress from getting ruined.

While I don't personally mind this new development, I fear if it does progress to consistent wetting even when not induced by alcohol, my wife will make me go see a Dr. 

Not that I'm afraid of doctors, but I'd hate to have to explain that this all started with a diaper fetish. 

Has anyone ever had to come clean with their Dr. If seeking help for bed wetting?

I'm curious to know how the Dr reacted and what their suggested solution was. 

Thanks,

TM 

I can't comment on telling the Doc. your problems may have started from a nappy fetish. When my bedwetting became a regular thing My wife suggested I saw the doctor. It wasn't at all embarrassing. I was refered to the urology clinic at our local hospital and after various tests it was found I was diabetic and my bladder problems were mostly down to nerve damage. Then I was refered to the continence nurse for some practical help. They were al very matter of fact and not at al judgemental though as I have already said I can't comment on what they would say if they thought a nappy fetish had caused the problem.

I would see the do. as you don't know this may be a sign of something more serious.

Personally, I wouldn’t even mention a diaper fetish in seeking medical help to overcome bed-wetting (mine or yours).  Just say it initially followed drinking and progressed from there.  Can't imagine the fetish would have bearing on treatment.  Lastly, if truly motivated to stop I’m convinced 99.999% can overcome bed-wetting that was purposely brought on.

17 hours ago, WBxx said:

Personally, I wouldn’t even mention a diaper fetish in seeking medical help to overcome bed-wetting (mine or yours).  Just say it initially followed drinking and progressed from there.  Can't imagine the fetish would have bearing on treatment.  Lastly, if truly motivated to stop I’m convinced 99.999% can overcome bed-wetting that was purposely brought on.

I have spoken to several people on the net that have never been able to get dry at night again. I guess we are all different. I for one honestly wouldn't even try to stop bedwetting.

Update, kinda:

I did some heavy drinking with the wife last night. But since we were intimate just before bed I did not diaper up. 

There was no doubt about what took place. My undies were definitely more than damp. 

46098405-CBDF-42F6-A197-1FB15A1B1ABF.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, pppants, that is certainly a championship wet bed! I agree with the others who have said they would suggest not telling your physician about your diaper fetish. I am genuinely urge incontinent, not a result of deliberate wetting. However, some urologists know about diaper fetishists, and I’ve heard negative comments from two of them who wanted reassurance that I was not one. So just say that your wetting started out as a side-effect of drinking and has progressed from there.

21 hours ago, pppants said:

Update, kinda:

I did some heavy drinking with the wife last night. But since we were intimate just before bed I did not diaper up. 

There was no doubt about what took place. My undies were definitely more than damp. 

46098405-CBDF-42F6-A197-1FB15A1B1ABF.jpeg

Reminds me of my teenage nights after heavy drinking.

Update: I'm both happy and sad about this.

I'm happy to report I went to bed unprotected last night and woke up to the alarm absolutely bursting, but my undies were completely dry. 

I'm also slightly saddened as well. I spent a lot of time in the last few days wondering if I really should consider diapers every night. And Im beginning to rationalize it in my head. 

I came away thinking while it would kinda suck, it'd be best for keeping the mattress and my wife dry every night. 

One dry night doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. So I guess I'll continue to monitor and play it by ear. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, pppants said:

I'm happy to report I went to bed unprotected last night and woke up to the alarm absolutely bursting, but my undies were completely dry. 

I'm also slightly saddened as well. I spent a lot of time in the last few days wondering if I really should consider diapers every night. And Im beginning to rationalize it in my head. 

I came away thinking while it would kinda suck, it'd be best for keeping the mattress and my wife dry every night. 

One dry night doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. So I guess I'll continue to monitor and play it by ear. 

Cheers!

It's all you can do.When my bedwetting became a regular thing my wife suggested nappies and I've worn them ever since. For me wearing nappies is second nature now.

1 hour ago, pppants said:

Cheers!

As I said previously, you need to make that decision.  Try and reprogram yourself to stay dry at night when sober and get in the habit of waking up to pee in the middle of the night, or say, "To hell with it.  I prefer to just wear diapers to bed every night for the rest of my life". 

Update:

2nd straight night, not one dribble or drop in my undies!

However being that today is Friday, and the booze will likely be flowing tonight, I'm pretty sure my little streak will have come to a wet end by morning.

I'm definitely gonna be padded for bed this evening. 

Cheers!