LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm sorry but I need to rant about something political

Elfy

It's been in the news in the last few days that there may have been some shenanigans regarding the legality of some of the actions by the group that led the campaign to leave the EU. A whistle-blower has recently piped up to speak about what he saw and did.

The government responded by saying that the allegations were false and in the statement they outed the person as being gay. It's especially heinous when considering his family has roots in a place that is much less tolerant and those people could be in danger now.

It's quite unbelievable that in response to someone making allegations that might embarrass the government, true or not, that the government would then out that persons sexuality. Bearing in mind it puts him and family members at risk.

It's even more unbelievable that the person who made such a statement is then not sacked or reprimanded.

It's actually shocking that the Prime Minister's response when questioned about it is "she wants to live in a world where people can be open about their sexuality."

Guess what? So do I, but that doesn't mean you can "out" people especially when the world isn't as tolerant as you would like it to be.

Just like Brexit... The government aren't looking at what actually is real and more instead focus on what they wish were real.

---

I'm so angry that despite all the talk of being pro-LGBT the government clearly has no idea of what it's doing in that sphere. I'm left so frustrated by everything in politics these days but this has really touched a nerve. The fact that it isn't a bigger deal than it is only annoys me further.

• Like 1

I hope we can finally figure out a way to put all these questions about sexuality and gender behind us one day.  I feel that it really is none of my business how someone chooses to live their lives or what sex they happen to be.  I say live and let live as long as you're not hurting anyone in the process.

I mean...what possible bearing could someones sexuality have on whistle blowing?  None.

Well quite, Drynot.

What possible relevance does the whistleblower's sexuality have to any of this. None. So why mention it at all?

Moreover, to attempt to discredit somebody by "outing" them sends a VERY clear message to the effect that "I believe a gay person to be a lesser person than a straight person: less honest, less reliable ... therefore since this person is gay, I don't need to engage with his argument, I can simply tell you that they are gay and this wins the argument for me".

What an odious attitude ... and what an odious person to be advancing it.

• Like 2

I think most people in government are way out of touch with the real world, and have their heads planted firmly up their asses.

perhaps. i think they're just nestled down nice, comfy, safe and warm in the pockets of the big corporations that bought them. 

• Like 1

perhaps. i think they're just nestled down nice, comfy, safe and warm in the pockets of the big corporations that bought them. 

They live in a bubble,  they have no idea how real people have to live,  or how we have to make do just to make it from day to day.

• Like 1

They live in a bubble,  they have no idea how real people have to live,  or how we have to make do just to make it from day to day.

politicians: i'm living just fine! why are all you having trouble?! you all need to work harder!! excuse me while i go on a month long vacation to tahiti!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I think It's not so much that Political Elites are out of touch with ordinary people it's more a case of not really giving damn about them. The whole thing is riddled with sleaze, corruption & dirty tricks & I don't doubt the Vote Leave whistleblowers were correct. Although I expect similar goes for Remain as Brexit. As the adage goes if you want to understand what's really going on try following the money.  

• Like 1
On 3/26/2018 at 7:21 PM, Abi said:

Well quite, Drynot.

What possible relevance does the whistleblower's sexuality have to any of this. None. So why mention it at all?

Moreover, to attempt to discredit somebody by "outing" them sends a VERY clear message to the effect that "I believe a gay person to be a lesser person than a straight person: less honest, less reliable ... therefore since this person is gay, I don't need to engage with his argument, I can simply tell you that they are gay and this wins the argument for me".

What an odious attitude ... and what an odious person to be advancing it.

"I believe a gay person to be a lesser person than a straight person;  less honest, less reliable............

This is the nub of the matter. 

To someone under 30, gayness is so common place that it doesn't warrant a second thought.

To some one over 50, it's something not to be mentioned, it happens, they do it discretely.  THEREFORE,  they don't want the world to know, they are hiding a secret and maybe pretending it doesn't happen or covering things up, if they aren't being honest about their sexuality, what else? and because of it, could pressure be brought to bear on them?

In 50 years it will hopefully be seen as something that was absurd,  but,   there might be a reaction.

50 years ago, as a nation we all loved Alf Garnet and Tony Blairs's son-in-law talking about "the coons" in "Till death us do part, or "The black and white minstrels" and Spike Milligan's comedy about "Paki Paddies"

To me they are still funny, but to someone under 30, hanging, drawing and quartering is too good for me.

It isn't the sexuality, or the comedy, in its self, it is the differing perception of it.

I once cut and pasted a warning about race and religion, to which Elfy took exception, labeling me "A Dick"., not seeing in it what was real, but what he wished was real.

Within a month, terrorists had shot up half of Paris.

It is just a fact of life that what is beyond the pail to some, is acceptable to others................................such as:-  enjoying being incontinent?

Edited by Wet Knight
Added "it's", struck out a "what"

The time is coming when sexual orientation and gender identity will be non-issues but we're not there yet. Such monumental changes generally take a few generations to fully take hold. Even then there will always be some who refuse to change until it becomes forced onto them. The old ideas have to literally die off before the new ones can grow. When someone speaks of such things to me, I say "So what? It doesn't affect me, it's not hurting anyone, and I don't see how it matters anyway." If they wish to pursue it further, I tell them to explain it to me. Teach me. Show me where I'm wrong and you're right. They can't do that :P And I gain anyone who happens to overhear all that as an ally whilev they get exposed as the idiot they are :lol: Feed them enough rope and let them hang themselves- subvert and overcome :thumbsup:

Now I'll go back to enjoying my lack of bladder control if you don't mind (or even if you do mind :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I agree that amongst large swathes of young generations, in countries like the UK, discrimination due to gender identity, sexual orientation & race aren't the big issues they used to be & I applaud the progress which has been made...In this case, you have 2 young men, perhaps naive & idealistic, who had been involved with the official 'Vote Leave' Brexit Campaign & were horrified about all the dirty tricks, public deception & dodgy money which was involved in the process & implicated people in high places. So they decided to act as whistleblowers & spill the beans...As part of the resulting orchestrated smear & intimidation exercise against them, one was outed as being Gay... What makes this such a despicable act is he has family living in a part of the world where being Gay is still unacceptable, making his family liable to be set upon by religious fundamentalists...Events which the British Secret Service might if they chose to, even be in a position to influence through the use of Proxy agents...Enough of Politicking, for now, time to get back to fetish talk.

• 2 months later...

Well put Bettypooh there is little point in arguing with some people. But asking them why you are rong makes them have to think about it and will often change their minds. Or if they have a good point thay might change your mind.