LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Translating stories with no known author

Hi Everyone,

If it's something that people would be interested in, I'd be happy to translate some stories from the web in to English.

However, in most cases, I don't seem to be able to find out who the original author is, and so I can't find a way of contacting them to ask for permission both to translate the stories and to post them here.

In that case, what's the view on whether or not it's appropriate to translate and post?  I don't want to take someone else's work and either pass it off as my own or use in ways that wouldn't be happy with, but in a lot of cases the stories seem very old, and have been around online for a long time, so they do seem to have been somewhat abandoned by their original creators.

I just wanted to check what the view was on this before posting anything.

Thanks everyone.

Love and Hugs,

Baby R:dac022e491eb4c72e7d41449b583b1cf:

Having re-written some older stories that were abandoned or difficult to contact the original author I think as long as you make it clear that it was originally someone else's work and, if you can find the details, give the username and a link to the original story you should be able to do it without issue.

I'd definitely echo Elfy. Sometimes for my research, I have to cite anonymous work and the most important thing is that you can say "this isn't mine but I got it [here]." I would definitely keep the url/domain name, as well as the username of the person who originally posted it (if possible). Just any and all information pertaining to who wrote it and where they put it. 

I don't think that translating and posting is bad at all. Just a quick note (in both languages) that you're posting a translation, before the actual translation begins, as well as any pertinent aforementioned info, and you should probably be fine. 

Quite a while ago I took the old classic "Diaper Research" which was unfinished and posted what there was of the original and how I imagined it might be continued to a conclusion. I was very clear in explaining what was and was not mine also noting that if anyone knew of the original author I'd appreciate knowing. 

That is to say that I think what you propose is very reasonable.

I can't personally speak for the author, but I wouldn't mind if someone in Asia or Europe translated my stories. Cite them always though.

• 3 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much to all those who took the time to reply to this topic; I really appreciate your input!

I'm so sorry that it's taken me an eternity to respond here; things have just been so hectic; I haven't know whether I'm coming or going for months now…

Hopefully things will calm down soon, and I'll be able to find some stories that would work well in translation.  If it isn't possible to contact the authors, I'll post everything here with a clear disclaimer that the story is a translation not an original, and link to the original.

Thanks again!