LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How can I avoid leaks sleeping on my side?

On 5/16/2018 at 11:48 AM, rusty pins said:

That would work great if you wake up in bed needing to pee, but if you are sleeping on your side and just pee without waking up, you are still going to leak.

Yes, that was aimed at those who use their diapers "voluntarily" in bed. Genuine bedwetters have always found making disposables work at night a challenge...

diapers that have double leak guards help and make sure the little flap that tends to be tucked in around your legs is out. That flap is designed to stop leaks on the side unless the diaper core is maxed out

When i travel i use disposables ,i always have plastic pants over them but will say if you something like a northshore large or extra large booster on the sides it helps alot,i sleep on my side and at some point roll on my back during the night before waking up,using those boosters on the side helps alot , it doesn't work 100% like my cloth diapers at home but it gives you a better chance at not having a little swimming pool in your plastic pants in the morning.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There are definitely a lot of good ideas to try here. I'll add my two cents, but it's ultimately you who will find what works best for you! I have a bed cover sheet in case of leaks. I use Depends because they fit my body shape best of all the brands I've tried. I like them because they have leg guards that hold a booster diaper great. I always trim off the edges of the booster diaper (usually Luvs or Pampers) so it'll lay flat between the Depends leg guards. This way, any pee that goes around the Luvs will be caught by the Depends (and yes...mentioned earlier). Either way, we all have two things against us.....gravity and the fact that ANY diaper will leak given enough fluid. Good luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first night wearing a terry nappy, kite-folded, since I was a real baby.  It felt great.  I drank a glass of milk before going to sleep, & ended up wetting on my side twice in the night, with no leaks.  I kept it on in the morning while I drank tea & read a book for a while.  That was really just to find out how much it could hold before saturating & pooling in my plastic pants.  It took another big wetting OK, then I headed for the bathroom to clean up & change.  Another wetting while I cleaned my teeth, & only now did it saturate.

So I cleaned up, changed into a Safari for the day, & got the terry nappy into a bucket in the garage.  I'll wash it with tonight's nappy, tomorrow morning.  I think that's going to be my overnight solution of choice from now on, whenever Mummy is away.  The wrap-round of a kite-fold nappy is so much better than any disposable for preventing leaks.  And it'll take any normal overnight wetting no problem.

• 1 month later...
Just had my first night wearing a terry nappy, kite-folded, since I was a real baby.  It felt great.  I drank a glass of milk before going to sleep, & ended up wetting on my side twice in the night, with no leaks.  I kept it on in the morning while I drank tea & read a book for a while.  That was really just to find out how much it could hold before saturating & pooling in my plastic pants.  It took another big wetting OK, then I headed for the bathroom to clean up & change.  Another wetting while I cleaned my teeth, & only now did it saturate.
So I cleaned up, changed into a Safari for the day, & got the terry nappy into a bucket in the garage.  I'll wash it with tonight's nappy, tomorrow morning.  I think that's going to be my overnight solution of choice from now on, whenever Mummy is away.  The wrap-round of a kite-fold nappy is so much better than any disposable for preventing leaks.  And it'll take any normal overnight wetting no problem.
Use a good quality diaper like Betterdry or comfidry 24/7 and 3 prefoldiapers in the center, you wont leak, promise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...