LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers at the Doctor's because of diaper-training

• 5 months later...

So I have been feeling sick recently and have decided to finally break down and find a primary care physician.  Tomorrow is my first appointment with her and I want to be honest with her concerning why I have to be in diapers.  Diapers are not all psychological as they have help to contain my anal leakage and prevent constant trips to the potty thanks to OAB.  I have lived with those problems without wearing diapers however. A big part of me wants to go wearing my pink diaper and panties just so I can be truthful of who I am.  At the same time I do not want to offend my new doctor.  Either way I will be diapered.

On Tuesaday I was in the ER and I asked the ER personnel to leave the room to put my gown on so I could remove my pink protective panties.  I am not embarrassed about wearing a diaper per say but that I wear pink things.  It bothered me that I just could not be comfortable in my own skin.  With my doctor I feel a need to be honest and comfortable.  

11 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

So I have been feeling sick recently and have decided to finally break down and find a primary care physician.  Tomorrow is my first appointment with her and I want to be honest with her concerning why I have to be in diapers.  Diapers are not all psychological as they have help to contain my anal leakage and prevent constant trips to the potty thanks to OAB.  I have lived with those problems without wearing diapers however. A big part of me wants to go wearing my pink diaper and panties just so I can be truthful of who I am.  At the same time I do not want to offend my new doctor.  Either way I will be diapered.

On Tuesaday I was in the ER and I asked the ER personnel to leave the room to put my gown on so I could remove my pink protective panties.  I am not embarrassed about wearing a diaper per say but that I wear pink things.  It bothered me that I just could not be comfortable in my own skin.  With my doctor I feel a need to be honest and comfortable.  

That’s a tough one.  Base on post you’ve written, seeing a person who like you in a pink diaper would be a bit of a mind f---k.   I don’t think either you or I would share this with each other if we randomly meet in public, because we would both assume the other is typical man who would accept something like pink diapers on their buddy.

My first inclination would be to come in a less provocative diaper, which could still explain your use- and a good doctor should be fine with that.   However, in your case, it seems the decision to embrace this part of you has been very healthy, and in a perfect world that’s something your PCP should know.   There is a trust issue that must develop between the two of you, and if you came in Pink Diapers and was honest with why you were wearing them- your doctor would trust single word that comes out of your mouth that comes after that- and that's a huge benefit for both you.  They might think you’re a freak, but they trust you- and they prefer that over a non-freak they can’t trust.  And if they do freak out, you probably should find a new PCP anyway.

At the same token, I say this as somebody who hasn’t crossed that line yet.  For me the sex of the doctor would affect my comfort.  I’d be much more comfortable wearing a diaper and admitting this part of me in front of a female doctor.   Sorry, but it’s true.   I have more than my share of medical procedures, and I’m reluctant to wear when I know the doctor will see it.  

I have a couple of doctors/medical professionals that see me on a regular basis.   I wear when I have blood work, but I know they won’t see it.  They may notice it but won’t say anything.  BTW- that nurse freaked out when she saw my blood pressure was so high.   And since I had so much trust in her (I’ve worked with her far too often), I made sure to get treated for it.  But as far as I know, there is only one doctor I work with that I’d trust to share this and that’s my Ophthalmologist (side note- it’s never a good thing to have a personal ophthalmologist).   I’ve worn in front of her many times, but it hasn’t been exposed either- which it would be with a PCP.    I trust her, but that trust has taken a couple of years before it really developed.  If she noticed- I’d be honest, but my PCP?   I’m not ready for that yet.

In a perfect world it would be awesome if everyone was accepted and never judged upon for who they are regardless of their fetishes, likes, dislikes, medical issues, race, gender, sexuality etc., etc. Never having any fears or concerns of being judged or offending others. But unfortunately our world, society, community is not like that.

If I had to go to a new physician that I have never seen before, I would wear a plain white diaper if I knew that I had to undress for the physical exam because I would want the physician to pay attention to my medical issue at hand and provide me with their best treatment. Once the physician and I got to know one another better (after the 2nd or 3rd appointment with them) I would know if they are an open minded non judgemental individual and then I would discuss or tell them more information about me.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the great advice.  I am going to wear an ABU Simple diaper with a pair of white protective panties.  This appointment is actually not an exam I do not think, more of a follow up from my ER visit.  I will be filling out my new patient paperwork however and I plan to be honest about why I wear diapers.  If you take my history as a whole, had control issues with my bowels as a child...being forced to handwash my dirty underwear...severely humiliated and threatened with permanent diapering by a stepmother...having similar control issues as an adult...(really there is nothing worse than either having to rush to the potty and pee pee every five seconds or having some anal leakage and smelling like you shit yourself all day pointed out by fellow co-workers).  That alone is enough of a reason to be in diapers...but as you all know that is just half of the coin of why I wear diapers.  Personally I want to share with my doctor that I am just as much mentally dependent on diapers and sometimes that means my diapers may have baby prints or be pink with princesses on them.

As I see this, it's very little 'sacrifice' on my part to assist or make more comfortable the people on my Medical team by wearing something plain. It's only for a short while anyway- I can handle that ;) Back when I was transitioning to womanhood, I went to my Doctor's office androgynously as there was no point in me wearing things which would have to be removed then put back on like my wig and breastforms and bra. They all knew about that as I was getting my hormone scrip there. The other people in the waiting room were probably more comfortable this way too. I wasn't doing it to hide anything about the real me so although it wasn't my first choice of what I wanted to do, it was my best choice overall, and it didn't bother me knowing this B) I think everyone appreciated my efforts.

Bettypooh

There are plenty of times in daily life to wear your pink diapers and baby/sissy stuff.  No one has to live their choice lifestyle 24/7.  I would say, as the others have said, wear a basic white medical style diaper, not too thin and not overly thick to your first few appointments.  Get your new doctor and staff used to the idea you have an incontinence issue that you deal with by wearing diapers.  After all, there will be a lot of questions about your health history and I'm sure quite a lot about your "incontinence".  While you answer all of them including when it started, how bad it is, what meds you have taken and what steps have been taken and suggested to help you with your incontinence, you can answer by simply stating of everything you have tried, you have found diapers to be the best all around overall solution, you don't mind wearing them and don't want to go through all the testing and meds again.  Yes, be prepared to mention any meds you have tried in the past and any other things that have been suggested you try for incontinence along with why they didn't work for you or why you didn't want to do them.  Once you have gotten to know your doctor well and vice versa, then the pink princess diaper might be OK.  If commented on, you can say your wife bought them either by mistake or because she thought they looked cute and you decided to use them since she paid good money for them.  You can say that despite the color they actually work better than some of the other products you've used and therefore you will use up the case of them before ordering more supplies.  At least get your new doctor used to the idea that you prefer to wear diapers for your incontinence rather than try all the things they suggest to help you overcome it.  Once she is used to the idea and stops questioning you about different treatments you can try, then the pink diapers might eventually come out of the closet.

I went to my appointment wearing a plain ABU Simple.  I did share my history with her assistant and told them I have worn diapers permanently for over a year.  My new doctor only addressed my current sickness but I have a new patient appointment in a week to discuss my whole health.  At least she knows I wear diapers and still wanted to see me as her patient.  I hope she will not pressure me to seek a urologist or gastroenterologist.  I did explain I mentally need diapers just as much as I physically need them.

15 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

I went to my appointment wearing a plain ABU Simple.  I did share my history with her assistant and told them I have worn diapers permanently for over a year.  My new doctor only addressed my current sickness but I have a new patient appointment in a week to discuss my whole health.  At least she knows I wear diapers and still wanted to see me as her patient.  I hope she will not pressure me to seek a urologist or gastroenterologist.  I did explain I mentally need diapers just as much as I physically need them.

I think there has been a change in the approach to medicine in the last decade when it comes to patient-doctor relationship.   In the past I think Doctors approached care from the standpoint- I'm the expert and I know what you need.  Now just do what I tell you and STFU.  My old PCP was older than me, and he still had that approach, and there was a little bit of a learning curve between the two of us- but in the end, we both understood each other.   It helped that he was really good and smart.       But- I'm not sure I would have felt comfortable coming to see him in a diaper.   My first Ophthalmologist was older and never gave me choice in her procedures.  I'm sure I could have questioned her, but early on somebody who knew her said- you've got Dr. Albright- and she is great (she was).   My current ophthalmologist is about 10 years younger than me, but she discusses every procedure with me- and I'm the one who decides.   Mind you-, she is probably the only medical professional I've had who have enough trust to share this part of me- if brought up.  But's it's never come up (AFIK- diaper wearing, OAB, and anxiety have zero to do with glaucoma), and I've never shared it with her.

My dad is 98 with cancer.  He is not fully aware of his cancer and at his age, we don't want to make his last time here dwelling on his condition.  That can make a person go downhill faster.  I had to take him to the emergency room in October because he was feeling weak.  His oxygen level was low, but the hospital emergency room doctor was so adiment  that we tell him of his cancer and admit him!  He insisted I call in hospice to talk to and fortunately my dad is hard of hearing and didn't have his hearing aid so he didn't hear what was being said to me.  This doctor just wouldn't take no for an answer, but after I talked with someone about extended care he finally let my dad go home after my dad said he wanted to go home.  3 weeks later we had to take him back again, this time the doctor (a different one) ordered oxygen for him at home.  He was great and discreetly said he was aware of the situation.  I told him what had transpired with the other doctor 3 weeks earlier and he said that guy was a junior doctor (I found out a 2 year resident).  He disagreed with how he had wanted to admit my dad and said he himself never would have allowed it!  With all the air born things in a hospital he said my dad wouldn't have lasted a few days if he had been admitted.  He ordered oxygen for home (the other doctor said he couldn't do it because it had to come from his privet doctor) and my dad is doing OK now at home.  It just goes to show the difference between doctors who are interning and those with experience.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

My dad is 98 with cancer.  He is not fully aware of his cancer and at his age, we don't want to make his last time here dwelling on his condition.  That can make a person go downhill faster.  I had to take him to the emergency room in October because he was feeling weak.  His oxygen level was low, but the hospital emergency room doctor was so adiment  that we tell him of his cancer and admit him!  He insisted I call in hospice to talk to and fortunately my dad is hard of hearing and didn't have his hearing aid so he didn't hear what was being said to me.  This doctor just wouldn't take no for an answer, but after I talked with someone about extended care he finally let my dad go home after my dad said he wanted to go home.  3 weeks later we had to take him back again, this time the doctor (a different one) ordered oxygen for him at home.  He was great and discreetly said he was aware of the situation.  I told him what had transpired with the other doctor 3 weeks earlier and he said that guy was a junior doctor (I found out a 2 year resident).  He disagreed with how he had wanted to admit my dad and said he himself never would have allowed it!  With all the air born things in a hospital he said my dad wouldn't have lasted a few days if he had been admitted.  He ordered oxygen for home (the other doctor said he couldn't do it because it had to come from his privet doctor) and my dad is doing OK now at home.  It just goes to show the difference between doctors who are interning and those with experience.

Glad to hear you found an sympathetic doctor.  We've just been going through the process of getting a legal Power of Attorney document sorted out for my 92-year-old mother so we can have a say in her medical treatment if she gets into such a condition that she can't make her own decisions.  She's fine at the moment, but in the UK you have to go through the legal process while someone's still in full possession of their faculties.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:13 AM, rusty pins said:

It just goes to show the difference between doctors who are interning and those with experience.

Boy howdy do I know the difference personally. It was an over-confident cocky Intern surgeon who took out my Appendix without paying any attention to my explaining that there were blockages elsewhere which I could feel, and those were even evident on the CAT scan and ultrasound they did. It was a very competent experienced Surgeon who had to take up his slack a few days after they released me. Just by chance I wound up recovering in a shared room and that first idiot was caring for the guy next to me. When he asked why I was back again and I told him, he was severely affected by that. I think I gave him the real education he needed which isn't taught in medical schools :whistling: though it should be.

Healthcare is about people and their bodies, not the other way round. It's not easy finding Medical Pro's who have a good grasp on this concept. This is my body and I will make all the decisions about what is done to it and with it. I know I'm abusing it in ways which are extremely bad for me, but I choose to do that and I neither ant or am asking for any treatment for those things. I fully know what I'm doing and I do appreciate the information given but let me decide what I want. I'm not trying to live as long as I possibly can- I don't want that nor am I going to let anyone push me into it. I want to live for as long as I am happy, relatively pain-free, and able to do for myself. When that ends so should my life- that's just how I see it. Medical people generally can't grasp this concept very well for they were trained to do everything possible to save lives. And that is a good approach for them, but it's not the only approach there is and theirs is no better than anyone else's. They need to listen to their patients then do the best they can to help them have the life they choose as they want it even if they feel otherwise. It's not their choice but yours- people come first, the rest is secondary B)

Bettypooh

16 minutes ago, stevewet said:

The medical proffesion don't worry if you wear nappies. My Doctor, diabetic nurse and of course the Continence nurse all know I wear them and nothing is mentioned now.

Yes but did you untrain yourself to be incontinent is the question?  Yes, I have had some physical issues with an overactive bladder and anal leakage.  Yes, wearing diapers mitigates the stress caused by such issues.  However I could have easily controlled these issues without wearing diapers fulltime.  My bladder control has completely diminished courtesy of making the choice to unpotty train myself which was something that completely sexually aroused me.  Diapers are a fetish for me.  Between the physical needs and being abused and humiliated as a child I need diapers just as much mentally.  Do I explain this to her or simply say I have a physical need?  Then the round of tests that will follow I do not want to do.  Is it beneficial to be diagnosed with incontinence for work purposes or using my FSA account for purchasing diapers?  Honestly this is why I never had a permanent doctor.

For the past few years I have worn diapers to the doctors office.  At first it was difficult to deal with but now.  It has become a known issue.  If I have a accident while at the doctors office my wife changes me on the changing table and then goes back to whatever happens next 

5 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

Diapers are a fetish for me.  Between the physical needs and being abused and humiliated as a child I need diapers just as much mentally.  Do I explain this to her or simply say I have a physical need? 

Diapers are no longer a fetish. Diapers are now a need.

The intake appointment seemed to go well yesterday.  I explained to my new doctor about the urgency I have experienced all my life with both my bladder and bowels.  Without getting into any details I also explained that I was abused and humiliated as a child which definitely has also led to me mentally needing to be in diapers as well.  I did not get into being sexually aroused by them as I felt that was something you would discuss with a therapist.  I did not specifically tell her that I intentionally have unpotty trained myself but I did tell her that I have been wearing diapers permanently for over a year and that my bladder control has diminished significantly because of it.  I told here I am completely comfortable wearing diapers and at this point I do not want to seek any treatment.  She told me it is all about MY quality of life and if wearing diapers makes me happy then she seemed to be okay with that.  She did ask me if she wanted me to prescribe medication for my OAB and I simply said no which was completely fine with her judging by her body language. 

Other than that she would like me to see a colorectal specialist just to insure the cause of my anal leakage is not a more serious health concern.  She said since this is a condition I have experienced all my life since a child it is quite possibly something neurological and as most of us know there is not much that can be done for that.  I was surprised that she did not ask if I wanted a Urologist referral. 

I think that covers majority of what we discussed.  I am not sure if how I explained my incontinence was ethically correct.  I mean I am an adult baby sissy who wanted to be incontinent but really those desires were manifested from having incontinence issues.  I honestly did not lie to her in anyway but I did not share with her the whole truth.  In four weeks I have a physical.  At least with my history shared now it will be a lot easier to be diapered during it.

Nice job. That was about the only ethical way to discuss this matter. You talked to the dr about the issues they could “address” (incon) and brushed aside the ones that weren’t relevant to the visit (AB).  Lying by omission isn’t unethical in this case because the Dr has no need to know about that portion of your life.  

On 12/11/2018 at 11:58 AM, MarkSmith said:

The intake appointment seemed to go well yesterday.  I explained to my new doctor about the urgency I have experienced all my life with both my bladder and bowels.  Without getting into any details I also explained that I was abused and humiliated as a child which definitely has also led to me mentally needing to be in diapers as well.  I did not get into being sexually aroused by them as I felt that was something you would discuss with a therapist.  I did not specifically tell her that I intentionally have unpotty trained myself but I did tell her that I have been wearing diapers permanently for over a year and that my bladder control has diminished significantly because of it.  I told here I am completely comfortable wearing diapers and at this point I do not want to seek any treatment.  She told me it is all about MY quality of life and if wearing diapers makes me happy then she seemed to be okay with that.  She did ask me if she wanted me to prescribe medication for my OAB and I simply said no which was completely fine with her judging by her body language. 

Other than that she would like me to see a colorectal specialist just to insure the cause of my anal leakage is not a more serious health concern.  She said since this is a condition I have experienced all my life since a child it is quite possibly something neurological and as most of us know there is not much that can be done for that.  I was surprised that she did not ask if I wanted a Urologist referral. 

I think that covers majority of what we discussed.  I am not sure if how I explained my incontinence was ethically correct.  I mean I am an adult baby sissy who wanted to be incontinent but really those desires were manifested from having incontinence issues.  I honestly did not lie to her in anyway but I did not share with her the whole truth.  In four weeks I have a physical.  At least with my history shared now it will be a lot easier to be diapered during it.

Mark, that sounds like a great result. Now i've been wearing 24/7 doing to see a doctor is my one real concern as I know at some time I will have to face that if I continue as I plan to with this lifestyle choice. This group has really helped me prepare for that inevitable future situation, thanks guys.