LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers at the Doctor's because of diaper-training

I am on the diaper training path, wearing 24/7 to become incontinent, and I wonder if I will make it to keep my underware dry when I go to the Doctor's in a month time.

I attend my doctor every 3 months to adjust my prescription for the medicine for my type II diabetes, and I just can't remember if she asks me to strip my trousers before stepping on the scales.

If my doctor asks me to remove my pants, do you think I could CONCEAL A DIAPER OR TRAINING PANTS UNDER MY BOXERS without her suspecting anything ?

And if she does sight my diaper, how can I AVOID HER PRESCRIBING ME EXAMS AND TREATMENTS for reflex incontinence ?

Thank you very much for your ideas.

Totophe

I highly doubt you will be asked to remove your clothes to simply weigh you.  Wear your diapers if that is what you need to do and I would answer honestly if your doctor found out you are padded.  Have you started to show any signs that you are becoming untrained?

I too am six months into my unpotty training and at this point I feel I have no choice but to be diapered.  I have been to one medical appointment for ringworm in my diaper area.  She asked and I simply said I have problems with control and use diapers to keep my pants dry.  Nothing more was asked or said.

If you're going to wear 24/7 it's a subject you'll be facing sooner or later. Never lie to your Doctor about physical things- without true and accurate information they can't help you :( It may be embarrassing but you have to let them know it's not a medical thing :blush: The upside is that once you've gotten past this with them once it won't be an issue with them after that :whistling:

I'd suggest you make every effort to be dry and clean when the Doctor sees you for their sake. You may want to change on arriving at their office or use a stuffer which you remove then. Just one of the downsides of voluntarily going 24/7 like unexpected leaks and unwanted exposure- there are thorns with the roses in everything and this is no different :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

If you have decided to wear 24/7 and are trying to become incontinent you have to live with your choice with real incontinence you donot have a choice but to wear all the time even in embarrassing situations once you start to have real issues from wearing and using 24/7 Diapers will nolonger be optional. People will find out and will need to know (ie doctors, Spouse, close friends and family you stay or travel with.)  incontinence is not something you can turn on and off once you pass the point of no return be prepaired to accept and live the rest of your life in diapers if you decide to continue down the road to forced incontinence.

be careful what you wish for you may get it and if its what you really want then accept your in-diapers 24/7 in all situations  

• Like 1

And if she does sight my diaper, how can I AVOID HER PRESCRIBING ME EXAMS AND TREATMENTS for reflex incontinence ?

To answer this question, it is very simple. You refuse any exam or treatments. A doctor can't force you to be examined or treated without your permission. There are a few exceptions such as immediate danger of harm. But even that has to stop the moment the danger passes.

Your doctor has you strip to weigh you? Either your medication requires a very precise weight, or your doctor is weird. Most doctors either ignore the weight of your clothes or just subtract five pounds.

You mean all doctors don't make you strip to weigh you?  Huh, I've never thought that was weird.... I DID think it was strange that he took my blood pressure by grabbing my genitals!!   :rolleyes:

i never understand these type of threads.. if you plan to wear diapers all the time.. just do it.....it doesn't matter what your dr says.. not like he is going to demand you take it off right now!!!. put your fears in the back seat and just get..err. done... people make far far far to much importance in their diapers.. all it really is, is absorbent underwear...stop being afraid.. and put on your lil boy pants..lol

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

I just went through my annual physical a couple weeks ago, as I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for the past few years (30 +) it is in my medical file that I have no bladder control or in doctors terms urniary incontienent.

Any how I decided to wear one of my most colorful disposable diapers this visit, all other visits I have worn plain white diapers, and guess what the doctor never said a word, never even hinted she noticed my diaper which was plain to see when I had to take off my shirt so she could listen to my heart and chest as i did the deep breaths.

So once you've astablished that you need to wear diapers your doctor should not need to concern themselves about it.

i never understand these type of threads.. if you plan to wear diapers all the time.. just do it.....it doesn't matter what your dr says.. not like he is going to demand you take it off right now!!!. put your fears in the back seat and just get..err. done... people make far far far to much importance in their diapers.. all it really is, is absorbent underwear...stop being afraid.. and put on your lil boy pants..lol

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

This is easier said than done for a lot of people.  I think the whole desire to want to unpotty train one's self can and does make for some emotional roller coasters particularly in the beginning.  I have had these feelings many times and they subconsciously turn on and off like a light switch.  You are completely right with if you plan to wear diapers all the time "just do it".  If diapers are going to become an everday part of your life then being diapered in front of your doctor needs to feel normal.  The more you are in them the more normal they become and before long being in diapers is the normal in your life.

It does get easier with time when you wear diapers permanently.  I am finding myself more and more having no fear of people around me and just go about my diapered business.  If I need to see a doctor I see them.  If I need to change my diaper in a tight public stall I change it.  If I need to throw my diaper away I throw it away regardless who may be in the restroom watching.  Reaching this point has become a lot less stressful and has allowed me to enjoy wearing diapers all the time much more.

• Thanks 1

Mine takes my temperature by having me place my finger in his mouth.  Abnormal?

Last time the doctor checked my prostate it was going fine, then I realised he had a hand on each shoulder... normal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been 24/7 for the past 5+ years but I have never worn to my pcp, but once to a  urologist who diagnosed my OAB and UI.  Even though it is in my files I have never been asked about it.

I recently had a total knee replacement and I told the admitting nurses I wore 24/7.  I don't know if they made any mention of that but after surgery and for my over night stay I never wore diapers.  I did get up frequently to use the toilet and they probably thought the exercise on my new knee was better than changing wet diapers.

I've been a DL for over 50 years, I enjoy my diapers and plastic pants.  My daytime need became necessary with a time sensitive job and not being able to make "pit stops".  My OAB causes me to pee more than 20 times a day and my UI can bring on that need lightning fast.  I feel so fortunate that something as simple as wearing diapers and plastic pants all the time can give such happiness.

I had knee-replacement surgery in 2013 and I’m scheduled to have my other knee replaced on April 2. I often have difficulty peeing for 18 to 24 hours after having an anesthetic; and that’s what happened after my knee replacement in 2013. I had also told the hospital during my Pre-Op exam about my incontinence. Possibly as a result, they left the catheter in place until the night before I went home. This time if I need a post-op catheter, I hope they remove it after 24 hours and let me wear a diaper.

Thank you everybody for your advice.

But the snag is that we're talking about my General Practitioner, whom I see almost every month, who is in charge of prescribing me my medicines for diabetes and for hypertension. She's not a diabetologist in a hospital that I'm not going to see again, but she's the excellent diagnostician that I took a long time to find, when my former GP made his diagnosis and his prescription in 10 minutes with amazing frivolity...

Now, in France (my home country), most General Practitioners have to attend 5 or 6 patient an hour to make ends meet, and those who keep exercising real medicine are increasingly rare... 

I just can't afford Doctor L. to turn me out because I would be telling her about my fetish, or because I would be refusing exams and treatment about a reflex incontinence...

She's a rather bossy lady who gets cross when you don't follow her instructions precisely, but she's an excellent practitionner when careful prescription, observation and patience are required to adjust a treatment for hypertension or type2 diabetes... She takes the time to ask questions to balance all sorts of  possible causes, which most GPs unfortunately no longer do...

You may be disappointed with me for an opposit reason : I'm eventually dropping the idea of going 24/7 diaper-dependent for the moment ...

Because now there's another reason why 24/7 wearing no longer seems feasable for me, and especially at work (I'm a junior high-school teacher). In fact, I am too often confronted with itchings on my skin in the diaper-area, and scratching discreetly is made impossible by the thickness of the diaper (although I have been trying thinner solutions over the week-end). Rather than going mad with an itching that I can't stop by scratching myself, I'd rather drop the idea of wearing diapers 24/7 at all ... 

Now I'd be content with merely becoming a bed-wetter while keeping my day-time continence if it is possible.  I'm going to start a thread to enquire about it on the "Incontinent Desires" section of the Incontinence - Medical Forum.

Thank you all for the replies that you kindly wrote, even though I'm changing my route. Anyway that was a useful discussion, and it can give precious insights into the ploblematics of medical visits to those who would have to deal with it.

Big hugs to everybody.

Chris (Totophe)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I've been seen in a diaper by 2 different dr's during routine appointments. Neither one said a word about it. I wasn't expecting quite the thorough exam each time it happened so it was a bit embarrassing to me but what can you do. if they tell you to drop your pants and your in a diaper...your busted.

I go to an infusion clinic for routine blood work, and I always wear there. But I also know I'm not going to drop my pants.   Maybe  the nurses might have noticed- but they have never said anything.  One of them is really good and strongly pushed me to get treated for blood pressure.   BTW- I didn't mind the harsh words, because they were deserved and I knew it was important.    We have a good enough relationship that she would say something if she felt it was necessary.

I also wear when I see my ophthalmologist, but she will never ask me to drop my pants.    I also have enough faith in her as a doctor that I would b mostly honest with her.  Maybe not the ABDL issues, but definitely anxiety and stress coping.

I'm thinking my doctors don't need to know that I have ABDL tendencies, which have sexual connotations.   However- stress reduction and using diapers to cope with anxiety may be something of interest to a good doctor.

Just back from my first visit to the medical centre for an examination while wearing a nappy.  It was just to clean out my ears, so there wasn't any reason to worry.  I wore a pullup (that stayed dry until I got home) & had undone the poppers on my onesie just in case I was asked to take it off.  I'd tucked my pullup & plastic pants well indie my shorts as well.  No need for that though, as I expected.  And now I can hear properly too!

If I have to go for an examination any further south, I'll be digging out my big boy's undies though.  Unless I get to a point where that's too risky.  Which is where I'd like to be.

I agree with Rob, with the pertinant words being, "If you need diapers".  Rob is actually incontinent and needs diapers and I'm sure his doctor is aware of it and it's in his medical records.  If you are AB or DL, the decision is yours if you want to wear for comfort or a thrill.  Just be aware your diapers might be seen or noticed by doctor or staff and you may or may not have to answer as to why you are wearing diapers depending on your doctor.

I'm expecting that day will come, & if it does then I'll own up to having a psychological need to wear them, ie I'll tell the truth.  I won't go looking for it of course.  But, if I end up not being fully confident in my continence, which may well happen if things go the way I hope, & I need a camera up my backside again, then what option would I have?  The important thing is to get the medical care we need without imposing anything on the doctors & nurses unnecessarily.  They're busy people.

With my experiences they don't really care about you wearing diapers. I had to pull my depends pull up down for my skin cancer Dr, to look at a spot on my side several yrs ago. He never said anything,  after I experienced that, I was good with it. I wear 24/7 and have now for probably 5 yrs. I am mostly a DL, but I can use the dribbles that I had a few times as my reason. And if I am asked about meds for it, I will say I take way too many now, and the side effects that those meds have scare me, so I will just say no I have it covered. I am in charge in what I let the Dr do, Not the other way around . A lot of people think we have to do what the Dr says but its our body. The problem is do you want to answer questions about diapers if they ask. 

Agree totally with forever, it is so common today it goes without concern especially with older folks or mothers- just look at all the adverts on these days, there has to be a large audience or customer base to support all that effort