LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lightest Male incontinence guard with largest coverage.

Hello I have been dealing with some noticeable post void leaking even up to 30min or so after. Yes I will be seeing a doctor soon. My question is I spend much time in public and noticed people noticing small wet spots if it happens. So I have been using various light incontinence products. I primarily like the Depends Real Fit as it is thin and discreet. Plus has a very large coverage area which I need. I picked up the Depend guard and the Tena Moderate guard finding the depend noticeably thick and not wide enough. The tena was good on coverage but noticeably thick under the clothing. I picked up the Depend Shield and its coverage area is laughably small and completely useless for that reason for me.

Long story short. The Depend real fit is amazing but the price per unit gets expensive even in bulk and its a lot more than I need. So my question is have people with the same issue found a light guard/shield that has a larger coverage area?

My incontinence issues started almost identical to what you are going through now,  and I also started with real fit for men if they are working for you keep using them (male guards move to much and you will leak) been there done that :) .  Walmart has the best pricing on real fits and the nice thing is you can wear cargo pants or shorts and keep a spare real fit in the over sized pocket (I carried 2 when we went to disney and no one noticed) 

Glad you have made a doctors appointment, but in the mean time wear what works and do not concentrate on the price per pullup having dry pants is worth the expense also keep a backpack in the car with spare real fits, and a change of clothes for when you have a leak (not if but when) .

a lot of us who are now fully incontinent and in taped diapers started the same way not to scare you, for me it took about 6 months for me to have to switch to full taped diapers thin ones at first but quickly changed to the premium taped diaper Dry 24/7 diapers I now wear Better dry diapers as they work the best for both day and night time they are thicker but I have stopped worring about how thick a diaper is and only worry about how well it works to keep my pants dry.

Good luck with the doctor hopefully they can find whats wrong and you do not have to up your protection level and can switch back to underware

Unfortunately no not yet, my current urologist was more interested in getting me into a incontinence drug test program where they would pay for the  medication but I would have no Idea what I was taking so that I would not look up possiable side effects. I have a appointment with a new urologist in june but I am not worried if nothing can be done as I have accepted my need for diapers and if its not life threatening a bladder issue is no big deal to deal with if thats the worst thing that gos wrong at my age :) 

Incontinence for most days is easy to live with but there are days that it can get you down a bit but they are few and far between but over all diapers are a non issue and some days I am glad I am in them (stuck in traffic or the malls bathroom is broken or busy) I still would like to not need them and be diaper free but I am ok with being diapered 24/7 if need be.

You say your doctor is prescribing drugs to treat your incontinence but will not tell you what they are, that sound very unprofessional and unethical.

I would ask the pharmisist what the drugs are as I belive they have to give you a listing of all ossable side effects on any drug the despence.

I know when the doctor I had back in 87 prescribed. Me drugs to cure by incontience the side effects from the drug was far worst then the incontinence, and after finding a new doctor and urologist and after many painfull exams it was determined the nerves that controlled my bladder where dead and no drug would cure the problem.

I'd be asking that Urologist what their interest in the drug-testing is in full, withholding nothing. I'll bet they are receiving some form of dividend from participating in the test either directly financially or via kickbacks of some form like free or reduced cost office supplies or equipment. This is a common practice in US medicine today and IMHO a totally unethical one :angry2: I personally would decline the offer and insist that they take a better-known approach instead as I hate being someone's guinea-pig. At worst I'd refuse to sign any kind of 'hold harmless' waivers, which would automatically disqualify you from the test. The new drug will get tested and studied by others without any one person's refusal affecting that ;) If the Urologist insisted then I'd be saying "bye-bye" but not quite that nicely :badmood:

Your choice, not mine. All I ask is that you know fully what you and everyone else involved is doing so that you can make a good decision :)

Bettypooh

My wife did a lot of research on her own before my urologist appointment, once we found out there was nothing life threatening wrong with me and he really didnt know why my issue was happening we decided skipping the meds was the best course of action for me due to the possible side effects and the fact  that most times they do not work 100% of the time. 3 plus years later I still do not regret my decision to just wear diapers to manage my incontinence issues. If I  had decided the meds I would not take part of a blind medication study.

Even the best doctors can get caught up in clinical trials and studies 

My wife did a lot of research on her own before my urologist appointment, once we found out there was nothing life threatening wrong with me and he really didnt know why my issue was happening we decided skipping the meds was the best course of action for me due to the possible side effects and the fact  that most times they do not work 100% of the time. 3 plus years later I still do not regret my decision to just wear diapers to manage my incontinence issues. If I  had decided the meds I would not take part of a blind medication study.
Even the best doctors can get caught up in clinical trials and studies 

Rob110, same discussion with my wife and same conclusion. The side effects are in my case too strong and the problem is unlikely to be solved so diapers are the best solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My incontinence issues started almost identical to what you are going through now,  and I also started with real fit for men if they are working for you keep using them (male guards move to much and you will leak) been there done that :) .  Walmart has the best pricing on real fits and the nice thing is you can wear cargo pants or shorts and keep a spare real fit in the over sized pocket (I carried 2 when we went to disney and no one noticed) 

Glad you have made a doctors appointment, but in the mean time wear what works and do not concentrate on the price per pullup having dry pants is worth the expense also keep a backpack in the car with spare real fits, and a change of clothes for when you have a leak (not if but when) .

a lot of us who are now fully incontinent and in taped diapers started the same way not to scare you, for me it took about 6 months for me to have to switch to full taped diapers thin ones at first but quickly changed to the premium taped diaper Dry 24/7 diapers I now wear Better dry diapers as they work the best for both day and night time they are thicker but I have stopped worring about how thick a diaper is and only worry about how well it works to keep my pants dry.

Good luck with the doctor hopefully they can find whats wrong and you do not have to up your protection level and can switch back to underware

Thanks for the advice but I really am just trying to see if people know of a light incontinence guard that has the largest coverage area while being very thin. Wearing the Real fit for me at work would be impossible. I change into work clothing with my coworkers on a daily basis and have for the better part of a decade. Switching to a full product would raise far to many questions that I do not want to answer. The product I need doesn't really need even medium volume control as the amount of fluid is only enough to show a small spot. but the coverage area is the important part. I guess I will just keep doing my searching and order various brands and toss what I can't use.

Hope you find a guard that will work, what about wearing boxer shorts (loose fiting ones) over the real fit would make them not as noticable if at all and most guys in locker rooms really do not pay attention to what other guys are wearing (epecally the color and brand of thier underware.

Try the "Prevail #PV-811" pad that can be found on Amazon, and is usually available on their Prime shipping program in cases of 9 packages of 14 each.  I have daytime leakage problems from bladder cancer surgery, and these work well for me.  Much better than the Depend or Tena "Guard" products, which I have also tried. 

Good Luck !

6 hours ago, Dale Ridge said:

Try the "Prevail #PV-811" pad that can be found on Amazon, and is usually available on their Prime shipping program in cases of 9 packages of 14 each.  I have daytime leakage problems from bladder cancer surgery, and these work well for me.  Much better than the Depend or Tena "Guard" products, which I have also tried. 

Good Luck !

Thanks for the tip ordered  a package. I hope they are thin. Also note to everyone Depend real fit is on sale at $39 for 56 count on amazon.

I use Guards quite a bit and agree with Dale Ridge's recommendation that the Prevail Guards are the best.  However, I find that while they absorb a bit more than others they also swell up a good bit more and may not be as discreet as you are looking for.  My recommendation is for the Tena Guards which hold a fair amount but don't swell up as much.  They are also a bit wider, especially at the top, which really helps contain overflow.  Walmart's Assurance Guards aren't bad but they are smaller and even though they have little side leak guards they don't seem as good as the other two brands plus they do swell up a lot, however they are the least expensive.

I also thought the suggestion to use boxer briefs over a Depend type pull-up was a great suggestion.  I have done that myself and it has worked out well for me and nobody else was the wiser.  Hope this helps!