LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nappy Chafing

Hey, sorry if this has been asked before but went for my first walk padded with my dog today, is there anything I can do about my nappy rubbing against my thighs thanks :)

There's a few variables, but I'll list off what I've done to reduce chafing/ "Chub Rub" as it's affectionately called.

• Lotion and/or powder my legs and thighs.  The less friction in the area, the less wear on the skin.
  • Adjusting the fit on the diaper itself, so it fits snugger.  I've seen a few guides including folding the diaper longways, sitting vs standing, and the like.  I've found due to my size, diapers fit best when the bottom tapes are taped horizontally, and the top tapes are diagonally taped down (it also prevents sag)
  • If you wear plastic pants/fixing pants, make sure they aren't too tight.  That'll make things far worse.

I'm sure there's more tips and tricks out there.

BodyGlide works really well for me.  It's a waxy rub-on stick & leaves no trace on your clothes.  It's for cyclists & runners so you don't need to keep it hidden away.  I walk Binkie 5 miles most days, & I put the BodyGlide on first thing each day.  Setting off in a dry nappy helps as (for me, anyway) it's the sag that does the rubbing.  Having said that I usually set off in a wet one!  A onesie as well, again as it reduces the sag, & thigh against onesie is better than thigh against nappy or plastic pants.  And walk like a toddler when you can remember - keep your legs apart, certainly if you ever feel chafing starting.  Occasionally I set off in a lot of padding (eg half-full Safari), & then I try to waddle all the time to reduce the risk.

Oh, and keep your weight down!  Fat thighs are always going to rub.

Actually I find wearing fitting pants greatly reduces chafing as it prevents your used diaper from constantly rubbing back and forth over your inner thighs.  Sometimes I try and leave my fitting pants off and almost always I regret the desicion because chaffing starts to occur.