LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Questions for Those of You Who Have Gone 24/7 on Your Incontinence Journey

I am looking for a new job and seriously considering starting it wearing 24/7 with the intent of becoming urinary incontinent and possibly bowel. I have some serious reservations obviously but this is something I have considered off and on for the better part of a decade.

Questions

What steps would you recommend to prepare while still fully continent? I was thinking things like learning and getting comfortable with daily activities that I enjoy such as working out and hiking. Changing in public/standing up.

I know the 12 month diaper program recommends the cheapest diapers available. Do you find this to be true or do you use more premium diapers? What does that choice cost you per month? As a DL I prefer the super premium diapers such as Dry 24/7 or AB/DL diapers but those seem far too thick and costly to be practical. I was doing the math using slightly less premium diapers such as Abena Delta Forms and figuring it would cost almost $200/month still.

I have heard the stories of people who have sought urinary incontinence only but still have messy accidents. How probable is this? Has anyone found that they wanted urinary incontinence only but still ended up bowel incontinent? If this is the case the preperation seems to be more intense to me such as changing a messy diaper in public as every time I mess now I simply take a shower, an option that will not always be available. Up to this point I have only ever messed at home or on the way home.

Did your diaper usage change? I find that I flood quite a bit now, I figured as I go along witht the program my bladder will shrink reducing this and making diapers last longer hopefully.

Any advice for someone living in a hot climate? I currently live in Phoenix and it gets HOT in the summer, even without an extra heat sink wrapped around the groin.

For the guys, what do you use for a diaper bag? Do you ever get questioned about bringing XYZ with you everywhere you go including the bathroom?

Was there one thing that made you, or almost made you turn back and return to underwear?

On a more personal note, what was your most harrowing 1st? Was it the first time you approached a perspective date? Wearing around family the first time? 1st leaky diaper in public? Wearing just a diaper in front of someone (at a doctor's office or ssomething)? All things I have considered and just curious what you found yours to be.

Thank you in advance for any insight or experience you can provide. Maybe one day soon I will be joining you on your journey.

When I have worn nappies I have always tried to simulate incontinence meaning I always try and keep my urinary sphincter muscle completely relaxed. with time this has resulted in me dribbling and dripping all the time without the clench relax. There is a huge difference with flooding and dribbling. With flooding you will get 2/3 wettings out the nappy until the front of it becomes saturated and it starts to leak at the top and around the legs cuffs, the nappy doesn't wick to the back of the pad. When dribbling you can make the nappy last so much longer and you will start to resemble a  person with true incontinence, either stress/total incontinence. You need to practice keeping your sphincter open and dribbling at the slightest urge. At first you will automatically clench but with time you will wet without clenching. This totally changes the feeling.

I go with premium nappies. At the beginning when your flooding cheaper nappies they will be rubbish resulting in more changes and higher cost as the capacity and absorbency  isn't there. At first you will have a higher cost with premium nappies too but when you become a dribbler they last so longer and you can easley get 4/6 hours out a nappy as the pee distributes around the nappy. I pay £160 month for 12 packets of Molicare (14 per pack) With premium nappies you with have more confidence with the product which helps with wetting around people as they are less likely to leak.

With going 24/7 and bowel incontinence I found the two are closely related. Because I keep my sphincter relaxed it has an effect on the anal sphincter. i find that when I poo in my nappy the clench reflex is much reduced. Its notable because I don't automatically clench and the anal sphincter is more relaxed. I think when trying for urinary incontinence bowel incontinence can follow because both muscle can become weaker. 

• Thanks 1

I definitely try to keep my sphincters relaxed when wearing but because my bladder does not have the diminished capacity. I find that I flood more than anything so I am left with either 1 or 2 floodings then changing or let it dribble a but over time.

One promising thing I suppose is when I have worn frequently in the past I developed mild OAB very quickly. Definitely why I want to make sure I have my basis covered very early because I expect that if I decide to stop or slow down it will be extremely difficult to. 

• Thanks 1

Cheap diapers require frequent changes and with their low capacity you'll end up with more accidental leaks using them, so except for maybe around the house they're a no-go. Besides, once you do the math one premium diaper is no more costly (and usually less) than several cheap ones ;) This is not a cheap pursuit in life. I spend $80-$100 a month for diapers and because I need them they become the #1 budget item above everything else. I wear Molicares at work and use cheap pull-ups around home. I still have enough 'warning' when I want it to get to the toilet if it's seconds away, not minutes, and that's my usual away from work. If I don't want to go to the toilet or can't make it in time a cheap pull-up gives me enough protection to keep my clothes dry one or two times, and around home changes are easy. I also find that not wearing only one style of diaper helps me avoid chafing and rash problems since they fot differently. You just learn to live with these things because you must :mellow:

I didn't do the 12 month program nor is it really necessary if you only seek bladder incontinence. The approach it takes does involve a risk of fecal incontinence; in fact that is part of it's original aim when you read through it. Not everybody ends up the same way but in following the many who use that approach I decided on a more customized approach for myself B) You can make changes to how you go along or tale an entirely different approach- it's not a "one size fits all" or "you must do exactly this" thing. You do, however, need to know what you're doing and why, and what results you'll likely see if you make changes to it. It is not the only way, just a proven one :)

As my car is almost always near-by and accessible, it is my usual diaper-bag. Each diaper stored there us in two plastic shopping bags to keep them out of direct sight and help with disposal. If my car won't be handy I've always carried a small day-pack as a "get home bag" or "72 hour bag" so it serves as a diaper bag too. And with premium diapers and experience in using them you'll learn how to judge when a change will soon be needed-  then you can work it into your doings instead of having to do an emergency "right now!" change :D It all becomes a smooth process in time.

For those new to the game I suggest a 'test drive' approach. Commit to wearing and using only diapers for a month or two. If you want, you can use the toilet for pooping but otherwise it's only diapers. That experience will let you see what is involved and help you make the best decision about whether this is right for you or not. Incontinence is not what everybody wants or needs; it is just one of many options you have and you should always go with what's right for you no matter what anyone else thinks of that :thumbsup: So give it a try and see what you think- after a month or two you will know for sure and if like me you find this is right for you then you'll be happier than ever :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

• Thanks 1

What I have noticed with keeping a completely relaxed sphincter and dribbling and dripping is that I feel the need to pee more strongly and urgently then before and when I do my pee there isn’t a big amount which my nappy handles and absorbs very well. I think if you are at the point where you can dribble and drip without the clenching reflex incontinece will be much quicker then if your are at the beginning of the 12 month program. Its actually a very nice feeling dribbling which unlike flooding you are not scared about leaking which holds you back in some situations. With a constant dribbling your nappy hold up so much better

I definitely try to keep my sphincters relaxed when wearing but because my bladder does not have the diminished capacity. I find that I flood more than anything so I am left with either 1 or 2 floodings then changing or let it dribble a but over time.

One promising thing I suppose is when I have worn frequently in the past I developed mild OAB very quickly. Definitely why I want to make sure I have my basis covered very early because I expect that if I decide to stop or slow down it will be extremely difficult to. 

Do you mean by letting  'a dribble out over time' you are consciously letting small amounts of pee exit your sphincter so you don't flood? This method is bad for incontinence training!  You need to learn to keep completely relaxed this does mean flooding if you have too. You need to concentrate on the feeling of being open all the time without clenching. This overtime diminishes your singles to clench and it becomes so much easier and you will wet without any clenching. Its not so much about diminished capacity leading to incontinence its more about you ability to pee at the slightest urge, with this I have found the urge to pee more intense and in smaller amounts. At this point you will be able  to wet in any stress position in little dribbles and drips. It just takes practice. The more you wear the easily it becomes. I would recommend not masturbating as this dampens the need to achieve your incontinence desires. If you need to masturbate do it in the morning while in the bath or afterwards then straight put on your nappy. Don't masturbate before you go to bed no matter how horney you get.

I am looking for a new job and seriously considering starting it wearing 24/7 with the intent of becoming urinary incontinent and possibly bowel. I have some serious reservations obviously but this is something I have considered off and on for the better part of a decade.

Questions

What steps would you recommend to prepare while still fully continent? I was thinking things like learning and getting comfortable with daily activities that I enjoy such as working out and hiking. Changing in public/standing up.

I know the 12 month diaper program recommends the cheapest diapers available. Do you find this to be true or do you use more premium diapers? What does that choice cost you per month? As a DL I prefer the super premium diapers such as Dry 24/7 or AB/DL diapers but those seem far too thick and costly to be practical. I was doing the math using slightly less premium diapers such as Abena Delta Forms and figuring it would cost almost $200/month still.

I have heard the stories of people who have sought urinary incontinence only but still have messy accidents. How probable is this? Has anyone found that they wanted urinary incontinence only but still ended up bowel incontinent? If this is the case the preperation seems to be more intense to me such as changing a messy diaper in public as every time I mess now I simply take a shower, an option that will not always be available. Up to this point I have only ever messed at home or on the way home.

Did your diaper usage change? I find that I flood quite a bit now, I figured as I go along witht the program my bladder will shrink reducing this and making diapers last longer hopefully.

Any advice for someone living in a hot climate? I currently live in Phoenix and it gets HOT in the summer, even without an extra heat sink wrapped around the groin.

For the guys, what do you use for a diaper bag? Do you ever get questioned about bringing XYZ with you everywhere you go including the bathroom?

Was there one thing that made you, or almost made you turn back and return to underwear?

On a more personal note, what was your most harrowing 1st? Was it the first time you approached a perspective date? Wearing around family the first time? 1st leaky diaper in public? Wearing just a diaper in front of someone (at a doctor's office or ssomething)? All things I have considered and just curious what you found yours to be.

Thank you in advance for any insight or experience you can provide. Maybe one day soon I will be joining you on your journey.

I was exactly like you six months ago before I decided to start unpotty training myself.  I had worn diapers and had desires to be incontinent for a very long time and these thoughts virtually took over my mind. 

First and foremost you must put a diaper on and keep it on. This was the absolute hardest thing for me to accomplish when I decided to wear diapers permanently. As a diaper lover, after masturbation, I always had the desire to remove my diaper and that's exactly what I would do. I asked my wife if she would help me with this problem and she agreed to supervise all of my masturbation and forced me to either stay in the diaper I was wearing or to promptly change me into a new diaper after I had released. Gradually over time the temptation to remove my diaper completely disappeared even after masturbating and now I simply hump my diaper, make sissies, and roll over and go to sleep.  Honestly I am flabbergasted that I was able to make it past this hurdle as it seemed like an  almost impossible task.

You also have to decide who you want to know that you wear diapers. If you decide that the best answer is to let the world know your incontinent then it actually makes things easier. No one needs to know that you actually unpotty trained yourself but if they know you wear diapers then it helps to alleviate awkward moments. For most of us we decide to not share this with everyone. Personally, my wife and I do not want my children to know that I wear diapers. I also go to great lengths to keep that I wear diapers from my fellow employees hidden as well. I do find overtime that you gradually seem to be less and less concerned about who knows that you wear diapers. If you decide to keep the fact that you wear diapers hidden then always have a plan to explain why you wear them should you be caught with your pants down so to speak. That leads me into my next discussion of planning.

Once you decide to wear diapers permanently you are going to have to plan for a lot of things. How many diapers do you need when you need to travel? Where will I change when I am at work? How will I change my diaper when I'm at my family reunion? Your life becomes all about planning to facilitate your desires to be diapered permanently. My wife often tells me that this is the most complicated thing about wearing diapers all the time. Logistics, logistics, logistics!  

You have to have a diaper bag at all times. No this does not have to be some baby printed bag designed for an infant and I have found a simple backpack works great. You do not have to keep it attached to your back and simply keeping it in your vehicle works great. You need to have plenty spare diapers, wipes, baby powder, diaper rash cream, tape (for unexpected diaper failures), an extra pair a protective panties, and a change of pants should your diaper leak. Also I have never once been questioned by any store owner or store manager wearing a backpack on my back.

As for a hot climate you have to be prepared to change your diaper more frequently. Also, you must use lots of baby powder to help absorb your sweat. If you have the slightest sign of diaper rash you need to immediately clean the area and apply a barrier cream such as Calmoseptine ointment or Balmex diaper rash cream to help protect your skin from suffering more damage. Also if you are wearing disposable diapers it is better to wear clothed backed diapers as they are more breathable.

Next you need to find places that you're comfortable changing should you not want the world to know that you wear diapers. Within one mile of my workplace I know of five restaurants and gas stations that have private restrooms that allow me to change in peace. This takes a little planning but eventually you will know the best places to facilitate your diaper changing needs. I have found over time it is easier and easier to change your diaper anywhere and now I do not require a private restroom like before.

Obviously it is all about the diapers. I recommend buying premium diapers because one of the most challenging things to deal with when unpotty training yourself is the diaper leak. Yes, all diapers will leak but premium diapers are much less likely to make your pants wet. I spend around $300 a month on diapers. I wear Rearz Princess diapers, Rearz Inspire + Incontrol diapers and ABU Simple diapers for the most part. I do wear other novelty diapers from time to time but these are my mainstays for day-to-day use.  If you need to spend less money but still want to go premium then you will have a hard time beating Dry 24/7 diapers.

A good pair plastic panties or protective briefs are a necessity for not only leaks but also because of comfort. Some plastic panties are tight and dig into your thighs and waistband and I recommend you try several different brands before you purchase some in mass quantity.

I also highly recommend onesies and fitting pants which help keep your diapers concealed and helps to alleviate diaper sag. These garments also help to prevent diaper rash because your used diaper is not constantly rubbing up against your inner thighs.

As of right now I have only experienced one or two episodes where I basically had a bowel accident. It is true that if you keep your muscles relaxed constantly then it does make it easier to have a possible bowel accident. I take Nullo pills which is an internal body deodorizer made from chlorophyll and it significantly reduces the smell of both pee pee and poo poo. I highly recommend that you take this everyday if your desire is to become completely incontinent.

Nighttime is very hard especially at the beginning. It was very challenging to learn how to pee pee in my diaper when laying down and it took several months before I could release with little effort.  This is also the most likely time to have a diaper leak and be prepared to have wet bed sheets and a wet mattress. It's not a question of if it is a question of when.

I would say my most harrowing firsts were standing in front of a TSA agent in a diaper and standing in front of a doctor in a diaper.

I go with premium nappies. At the beginning when your flooding cheaper nappies they will be rubbish resulting in more changes and higher cost as the capacity and absorbency  isn't there. At first you will have a higher cost with premium nappies too but when you become a dribbler they last so longer and you can easley get 4/6 hours out a nappy as the pee distributes around the nappy. I pay £160 month for 12 packets of Molicare (14 per pack) With premium nappies you with have more confidence with the product which helps with wetting around people as they are less likely to leak.

I tried cheap diapers for the first time in a long time. After only a few hours I decided they were not for me. I found them to be less comfortable and even with full bladder continence and just trying to leak a little they instilled no confidence. I might still consider them for hiking or working out because of the lower amount of time being worn and the fact that I rarely have to use the bathroom at those times so the diaper is more precautionary at that time than anything else.

As my car is almost always near-by and accessible, it is my usual diaper-bag. Each diaper stored there us in two plastic shopping bags to keep them out of direct sight and help with disposal. If my car won't be handy I've always carried a small day-pack as a "get home bag" or "72 hour bag" so it serves as a diaper bag too. And with premium diapers and experience in using them you'll learn how to judge when a change will soon be needed-  then you can work it into your doings instead of having to do an emergency "right now!" change :D It all becomes a smooth process in time.

For those new to the game I suggest a 'test drive' approach. Commit to wearing and using only diapers for a month or two. If you want, you can use the toilet for pooping but otherwise it's only diapers. That experience will let you see what is involved and help you make the best decision about whether this is right for you or not. Incontinence is not what everybody wants or needs; it is just one of many options you have and you should always go with what's right for you no matter what anyone else thinks of that :thumbsup: So give it a try and see what you think- after a month or two you will know for sure and if like me you find this is right for you then you'll be happier than ever :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

I hadn't really considered my car as a diaper bag, nor using the grocery bags as a quick and easy way to hide a diaper while walking through a store. I definitely will keep a couple types of diapers and change of clothes in my car.

I have already kinda adjusted my goals. I realized as I was thinking about this that I have never worn 24/7. I have worn 16-20/6 or 7 but never full time. So I have scaled back my objectives a little. 1. spend this weekend in diapers fully - diaper comes off. Diaper goes right back on. As I apply for new jobs, interview those jobs as a diapered adult. I just recently got a new roommate. I plan on wearing when ever I am home such that he only knows me as a diaper wearing adult. Once I start my new job I plan on starting 24/7 without necessarily wetting 24/7 and decide where to go from there.

Do you mean by letting  'a dribble out over time' you are consciously letting small amounts of pee exit your sphincter so you don't flood? This method is bad for incontinence training!  You need to learn to keep completely relaxed this does mean flooding if you have too.

Up until recently, incontinence was never my goal. on the contrary it was the opposite. I did not want to lose any control during my non diapered times which of course interfered with my diapered times However, after wearing for nearly a month of wearing 16/6 or so I found myself to have what I can only assume was a form of mild OAB.

I was exactly like you six months ago before I decided to start unpotty training myself.  I had worn diapers and had desires to be incontinent for a very long time and these thoughts virtually took over my mind. 

First and foremost you must put a diaper on and keep it on. This was the absolute hardest thing for me to accomplish when I decided to wear diapers permanently. As a diaper lover, after masturbation, I always had the desire to remove my diaper and that's exactly what I would do. I asked my wife if she would help me with this problem and she agreed to supervise all of my masturbation and forced me to either stay in the diaper I was wearing or to promptly change me into a new diaper after I had released. Gradually over time the temptation to remove my diaper completely disappeared even after masturbating and now I simply hump my diaper, make sissies, and roll over and go to sleep.  Honestly I am flabbergasted that I was able to make it past this hurdle as it seemed like an  almost impossible task.

You also have to decide who you want to know that you wear diapers. If you decide that the best answer is to let the world know your incontinent then it actually makes things easier. No one needs to know that you actually unpotty trained yourself but if they know you wear diapers then it helps to alleviate awkward moments. For most of us we decide to not share this with everyone. Personally, my wife and I do not want my children to know that I wear diapers. I also go to great lengths to keep that I wear diapers from my fellow employees hidden as well. I do find overtime that you gradually seem to be less and less concerned about who knows that you wear diapers. If you decide to keep the fact that you wear diapers hidden then always have a plan to explain why you wear them should you be caught with your pants down so to speak. That leads me into my next discussion of planning.

Once you decide to wear diapers permanently you are going to have to plan for a lot of things. How many diapers do you need when you need to travel? Where will I change when I am at work? How will I change my diaper when I'm at my family reunion? Your life becomes all about planning to facilitate your desires to be diapered permanently. My wife often tells me that this is the most complicated thing about wearing diapers all the time. Logistics, logistics, logistics!  

You have to have a diaper bag at all times. No this does not have to be some baby printed bag designed for an infant and I have found a simple backpack works great. You do not have to keep it attached to your back and simply keeping it in your vehicle works great. You need to have plenty spare diapers, wipes, baby powder, diaper rash cream, tape (for unexpected diaper failures), an extra pair a protective panties, and a change of pants should your diaper leak. Also I have never once been questioned by any store owner or store manager wearing a backpack on my back.

As for a hot climate you have to be prepared to change your diaper more frequently. Also, you must use lots of baby powder to help absorb your sweat. If you have the slightest sign of diaper rash you need to immediately clean the area and apply a barrier cream such as Calmoseptine ointment or Balmex diaper rash cream to help protect your skin from suffering more damage. Also if you are wearing disposable diapers it is better to wear clothed backed diapers as they are more breathable.

Next you need to find places that you're comfortable changing should you not want the world to know that you wear diapers. Within one mile of my workplace I know of five restaurants and gas stations that have private restrooms that allow me to change in peace. This takes a little planning but eventually you will know the best places to facilitate your diaper changing needs. I have found over time it is easier and easier to change your diaper anywhere and now I do not require a private restroom like before.

Obviously it is all about the diapers. I recommend buying premium diapers because one of the most challenging things to deal with when unpotty training yourself is the diaper leak. Yes, all diapers will leak but premium diapers are much less likely to make your pants wet. I spend around $300 a month on diapers. I wear Rearz Princess diapers, Rearz Inspire + Incontrol diapers and ABU Simple diapers for the most part. I do wear other novelty diapers from time to time but these are my mainstays for day-to-day use.  If you need to spend less money but still want to go premium then you will have a hard time beating Dry 24/7 diapers.

A good pair plastic panties or protective briefs are a necessity for not only leaks but also because of comfort. Some plastic panties are tight and dig into your thighs and waistband and I recommend you try several different brands before you purchase some in mass quantity.

I also highly recommend onesies and fitting pants which help keep your diapers concealed and helps to alleviate diaper sag. These garments also help to prevent diaper rash because your used diaper is not constantly rubbing up against your inner thighs.

As of right now I have only experienced one or two episodes where I basically had a bowel accident. It is true that if you keep your muscles relaxed constantly then it does make it easier to have a possible bowel accident. I take Nullo pills which is an internal body deodorizer made from chlorophyll and it significantly reduces the smell of both pee pee and poo poo. I highly recommend that you take this everyday if your desire is to become completely incontinent.

Nighttime is very hard especially at the beginning. It was very challenging to learn how to pee pee in my diaper when laying down and it took several months before I could release with little effort.  This is also the most likely time to have a diaper leak and be prepared to have wet bed sheets and a wet mattress. It's not a question of if it is a question of when.

I would say my most harrowing firsts were standing in front of a TSA agent in a diaper and standing in front of a doctor in a diaper.

I can definitely relate. I consider myself a DL and have been my whole life. I liked them before puberty and as I hit that age they became sexual for me. Of course I grew older and I wore more often that novelty/stimulation has reduced but I definitely have a reduced desire to wear after masturbation. I think as I continue to wear more and only ever consider diapers as a form of underwear this reflex will be reduced more and more.

As I stated before. I have a new room mate. I suspect that he will figure it out sooner or later. either through laundry, smell, or noise. I also expect that as I plan to wear 24/7 and at work that my future employer may find out as well but I am not too concerned about it as they will only ever know me as a diapered adult. I am not too concerned about close family or friends as I have recently moved out of state and by the time I see them again I suspect that my diapers will be required on some level physically so there will be no desire to take them off while I am around them and I can probably hide any changes as they haven't seen me in such a long time.

Its funny that you mention logistics as that is my profession. I have already started to consider the unknowable X factor but the reason that X is so difficult is always because it is unknowable. What if I only persue urinary incontinence but have a bowel accident? What happens when this happens while I am an hour away from home. While I have already considered what it might be like in front of a TSA agent as you mention later in your post, I was also thinking about what it would be like to go swimming or name any other situation that is unprecedented until it happens.

In addition to a diaper grocery bag as Bettypooh mentioned and a backpack as you mentioned. I have also thought of an accordion file while at work. No one should question why someone is walking around the office with an accordion file. It seems to me based on your two experiences that the more difficult situations may be why someone is taking a backpack or laptop bag to the bathroom and not why it comes with you where ever you go in a store or restaurant.

I am currently wearing disposables but considering certain PUL backed AIO diapers from dependico. I usually wear Dry 24/7 while at home but looking for something that is a little cooler on a daily bases. I am currently trying the Dry 24/7 for nighttime use and these others for day. I am also looking into PUL bed sheets as well as diaper covers.

I will definitely start to keep an eye out for private bathrooms for now. I figure that part of my prep training should be getting ready to change in virtually any situation, including a crowded bathroom and just not give a dam about who might hear. The whole is that I need it right?

As for the diapers themselves. I have tried almost the full gambit of medical and AB/DL diapers. Dry 24/7, Abena L4, Abena Delta Form L3, ABU Space/Little Paws, Rearz Safari and Princess et. al., Tykables, Bambinos, and most recently Seni Quatro, all of these with and without the boosters sold by XP medical. While virtually any one of these would work I was wondering if there were cheaper/better options. I am already a solid 3 BM a day kind of guy and figure that regardless of what I wear and how wet it is, if bowel incontinence becomes a thing I will be changing no less than 4-6 times a day at between $1.2 per diaper and over $2.00 a diaper for the upper end premiums (with out booster)

I don't currently own any onesies but I do have a large supply of underarmour underwear. I have been conflicted on this as I think they work great to keep everything in place they are underwear and it gives me the opportunity to turn back.

I have already started taking activated charcoal on a daily basis to start this affect. I will look into the chlorophyll as an added deodorizer. I think if the threat of stink was not there or severely diminished fecal incontinence would not be nearly as daunting.

Because most of my wearing has centered around the home thus far I feel like the night wetting is not going to be as nearly as difficult as it has been for most people. I have a PUL mattress cover on order and when I go to bed I wear premium diapers (Dry 24/4 w/ Boosters) and usually a cloth diaper with plastic pants over all of that. That being said, if I do not got to bed with a dry diaper my body will still wake me up to go before I fall asleep.

I can't imagine having to do a TSA search in only a diaper but know that it is a possibility when diapered full time. When your doctor found out you were diapered did he or she try to perform or prescribe tests as to why?

Thank you all for your responses. And thank you Mark for your extra thorough response.

Right now marks 12 hours into my 24/7 weekend. I was able to wear in front of my new roommate and wet. Tomorrow marks a serious 1st for me. going out shooting diapered and going out and about with a friend.

I will keep you all posted while trying to not be too tedious. looking forward to joining you in good company on the other side of potty training.

DAQ

Wow, we do share a very similar story.  Diapers were used as a form of threatened humiliation by my stepmother before I entered puberty and when my hormones started to rage diapers became a desired object sexually as well as humiliation.  If only Frued would have wrote about diaper lovers...

I am not a doctor guy.  I believe in general that they get paid great money to guess a lot of their career.  My wife has been sick for months and each doctor has a different opinion.  For me I work on machines and if a machine is broken hydraulically it is my job to diagnose the discepancy and fix it as fast as possible.  If I troubleshot machines like most doctors troubleshot the human body I would be fired.  Yes, I know that we are far more complex but still, well, I just really do not like doctors.   For now I am 39 and am rarely sick.  When I am, I go to a minute clinic and see a different doctor all the time.  Yes, one day I had to go for ringworm in my diaper area and I simply told her I needed them for control issues.  Nothing more was asked or said.  I do think it is about time to start looking for a permanent doctor and I will simply explain it the same way.

TSA is not to bad.  They are very professional but sometimes confused about the situation.  I travel all the time and have only been privately screened three times so it is not a common thing when wearing diapers through airport security.

Wow, we do share a very similar story.  Diapers were used as a form of threatened humiliation by my stepmother before I entered puberty and when my hormones started to rage diapers became a desired object sexually as well as humiliation.  If only Frued would have wrote about diaper lovers...

I am not a doctor guy.  I believe in general that they get paid great money to guess a lot of their career.  My wife has been sick for months and each doctor has a different opinion.  For me I work on machines and if a machine is broken hydraulically it is my job to diagnose the discepancy and fix it as fast as possible.  If I troubleshot machines like most doctors troubleshot the human body I would be fired.  Yes, I know that we are far more complex but still, well, I just really do not like doctors.   For now I am 39 and am rarely sick.  When I am, I go to a minute clinic and see a different doctor all the time.  Yes, one day I had to go for ringworm in my diaper area and I simply told her I needed them for control issues.  Nothing more was asked or said.  I do think it is about time to start looking for a permanent doctor and I will simply explain it the same way.

I sometimes wonder if my desires to wear and to wet/mess unconditionally are not humiliation related. I find myself going out in public wearing more and more obvious diapers, such as Dry 24/7s with a booster or even at one point doubled up cloth diapers under a thick fleece adult footed PJ back home. But I wore a sweater over the top so it just looked like sweat pants but the bulge would still definitely be obvious. 

Doctors get paid for all the time they putmin before they meet you. My dad, a CPA, has a note in his office "time and knowledge is my inventory," The same can be said for any knowledge based service career. Doctors put a lot more time into that time and knowledge bucket than most of us. And yeah they guess but they have to, imagine if the machines you worked on were all similar but all 100% unique and then add the fact that as a doctor you rarely get to see the baseline for the machine. You only get to see it when it is broken in some way.  Now to top it off you are asked to diagnos the machine without tearing it apart. And one more thing, some if not all of your fixes affect the working part of the machine as well as the broken part. There is a reason that some diseases are not caught until an autopsy. 

Long story short, I have mad respect for doctors, most get into it for the right reasons of helping people, but almost none for anything surrounding them, including the medical research field that looks for treatments and not cures, the pharmaceutical indusrry that pushes doctors to prescribe things like opiods like herione (oooh wait), or the health insurance industry that eat a bag of cyanide laced dicks (need I say more)

• Like 1

I guess through some bad experiences of my own I have felt the opposite.  Of course for twelve years I was in the military and I was being seen by military doctors.  I had surgery on my shoulder for a labrum tear and the doctor did not anchor the labrum properly to my shoulder joint.  This required me to have another surgery.  Also, after receiving an Anthrax shot all of my lymph nodes swelled up in my arm and armpit.  I was told it had nothing to do with the shot and I just had reactive nodes.  Really? 

Going into this most folks do start out paranoid-worried about unwanted exposure. It's a valid concern, but with reasonable care it doesn't happen often and most of the few times that it does, nothing is said because most people will simply assume you're incontinent. Which you eventually will be, so that mindset is the one to have and to work from :) At this point I could probably change in front of a stranger if I had to though I do my best to avoid that. You get used to the slightly different way of life in time when you have to.

On 'diaper bags' being needed because of carrying extra stuff, you may or may not need anything more than a fresh diaper. That's something you'll discover with experience. I use no powders, creams, or ointments because I've found rashes are rare with me. About twice a year I get chafing on my hips from the diaper rubbing against my skin in my active work-life. Usually one application of aloe vera gel when I get home from work and change takes care of that. Again your needs will vary and you'll find out quickly what they are B)

My 'heavier protection' wear began with cloth diapers. As long as no changes are needed they're great, though the constant wetness might cause skin or rash problems :huh: The big issue with reuseables is that now you've got a soiled diaper to carry with you which is heavy and which may smell or leak. I used gallon-sized ziploc bags for temporary storage- another thing to buy, carry, and to make sure you don't run out of. AIO's are a good concept but they don't work out in real life. The plastic or PUL cover will wear out before the padding does, they take much longer to dry after laundering, and they general have a low capacity. They're OK when used as something like 'training pants' but forget them as an all-day wear option :(

I sewed my own cloth diapers from squares of birdseye fabric which is said to be a close runner-up to gauze in absorbency. Even with 8 layers in the center and 3 in the shell, they pale in comparison to what a premium disposable will hold. To equal a top-level disposable would require almost double what I wore :o The bulk of that much cloth would make for waddling and probably more chafing than your skin could tolerate. Don't get me wrong; I love cloth diapers :wub: I simply find them a lot of trouble with no benefit to me beyond their resuability, the joy of feeling wet, and the fun in variety of the plastic panties I can chose from. I would recommend that you get a small supply of them simply as a hedge against an interruption in your usual supply. Remember that you will now need diapers just like you'd need daily medicines- doing without is simply not possible <_<

It does seem that you're at the perfect time to begin this journey, as your appearance will not change to the people who will see you the most- work and home- because they will be new people to you. It should be a lot less stressful if you keep that in mind ;) And while it won't seem that way, it's also as good a time to experience exposure or unexpected leaks as you can get which will reinforce everyone's beliefs of you being incontinent. Those experiences put discretion into a more proper focus; an effort and goal rather than an absolute fact or necessity. And as you have a predilection to humiliation, that could also be a secretly enjoyable thing too :blush: Going 24/7 (with or without pooping as you desire) is as much about the journey as it is in reaching the goal of incontinence. It will bring you a special self-satisfaction like nothing else can and make you stronger in knowing that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. It's pure bliss when it's right for you :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

On 'diaper bags' being needed because of carrying extra stuff, you may or may not need anything more than a fresh diaper. That's something you'll discover with experience. I use no powders, creams, or ointments because I've found rashes are rare with me. About twice a year I get chafing on my hips from the diaper rubbing against my skin in my active work-life. Usually one application of aloe vera gel when I get home from work and change takes care of that. Again your needs will vary and you'll find out quickly what they are B)

My 'heavier protection' wear began with cloth diapers. As long as no changes are needed they're great, though the constant wetness might cause skin or rash problems :huh: The big issue with reuseables is that now you've got a soiled diaper to carry with you which is heavy and which may smell or leak. I used gallon-sized ziploc bags for temporary storage- another thing to buy, carry, and to make sure you don't run out of. AIO's are a good concept but they don't work out in real life. The plastic or PUL cover will wear out before the padding does, they take much longer to dry after laundering, and they general have a low capacity. They're OK when used as something like 'training pants' but forget them as an all-day wear option :(

I sewed my own cloth diapers from squares of birdseye fabric which is said to be a close runner-up to gauze in absorbency. Even with 8 layers in the center and 3 in the shell, they pale in comparison to what a premium disposable will hold. To equal a top-level disposable would require almost double what I wore :o The bulk of that much cloth would make for waddling and probably more chafing than your skin could tolerate. Don't get me wrong; I love cloth diapers :wub: I simply find them a lot of trouble with no benefit to me beyond their resuability, the joy of feeling wet, and the fun in variety of the plastic panties I can chose from. I would recommend that you get a small supply of them simply as a hedge against an interruption in your usual supply. Remember that you will now need diapers just like you'd need daily medicines- doing without is simply not possible <_<

It does seem that you're at the perfect time to begin this journey, as your appearance will not change to the people who will see you the most- work and home- because they will be new people to you. It should be a lot less stressful if you keep that in mind ;) And while it won't seem that way, it's also as good a time to experience exposure or unexpected leaks as you can get which will reinforce everyone's beliefs of you being incontinent. Those experiences put discretion into a more proper focus; an effort and goal rather than an absolute fact or necessity. And as you have a predilection to humiliation, that could also be a secretly enjoyable thing too :blush: Going 24/7 (with or without pooping as you desire) is as much about the journey as it is in reaching the goal of incontinence. It will bring you a special self-satisfaction like nothing else can and make you stronger in knowing that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. It's pure bliss when it's right for you :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

I guess I automatically assumed that a bag would be necessary because of messy accidents. The cleaning process is much more involved due to the smell and added demands on ones skin. I assume that creams and deodorant products as well as better disposal methods would be required. I am pretty confident that I will probably seek fecal incontinence as well but not right away. I have only ever changed a wet diaper in a public restroom and that was scary enough at the time. Over time as I wear 24/7 the logistics of it all will become clearer and can make the choice from there.

It's funny that you mention the AIO diapers option, I purhcased some awhile back kinda on a whim. You are right the brand that I bought has incredibly low capacity. However I am testing them today as more of an absorbant diaper cover and using the cheap disposables I bought as an insert knowing that if it leaks I have that added layer of protection. I also like tthis system because they are store bought diapers so I run a very low risk of running out. I also have cloth diapers that I bought but I use thrm more as a night time security blanket. I wear them over my night diaper knowing the if it leaks I am covered in all directions.

This wekend has been my first time ever going 24/7. It has been such a relaxing weekend. When I don't wear 24/7 I am always second guessing if I should put on a diaper and then go out or wait until after. I always end up wasting like an hour or two arguing with myself, end up putting a diaper on and then cursing myself that I wasted 2 good hours of diapered time. Now the only choice has been, which one do I wear? That question has been so much easier to answer becuase I just have to think about what I might be doing the next few hours.

I have already split my goals up into much more manageable chunks and turning points. I helped my roommate move in yesterday so it goes a little like this:

1. Wear diapers when ever I am not at work, at home, the gym, hiking, ect. This will allow me to find the methods that will work best for my situation.

2. Get a new job and start wearing 24/7 without seking any incontinence but using my diapers as I see fit. Probably almost exclusively for urine and my morning constitutional and probably use the restrooms at work.

3. Start living life as a urinary incontinent adult. Leave my bladder relaxed all the time and if I leak, whelp I should have paid better attention. 

4. As I get more comfortable with my incontinent lifestyle and get a guage for what it is truly lkke to have no control introduce messing and start seeking full incontinence.  

As I have thought more about it this seems to make the most sense. At any stage I can turn back and say that was too much. I know a lot of people end up turning back on their journeys. If the 12 month diaper program is strictly 12 months (for the sake of argument) this might extend it to 18 months but in the grand scheme of things that is still a short time.

iv been bladder incon for quite awhile, and never was too faund of messing myself, but a couple months ago i tried a hallow anal plug, and fell in love, its absolutely amazing to be constantly messy, i don't even feel it in me anymore

At one point in time I too gave in to my long lasting desire to wear 24/7, and true it does take some planning and looking at your options. Now I am  not very demanding as it comes to wearing 24/7 and there are some options that will ease your decision. Looking back it hasn’t been all that complicated. I wear 24/7 but only use my diaper for number one. In general I keep well hydrated throughout the day so my urine doesn’t become to concentrated. This does mean I will have to change ones or twice more often, but it is all about choices. I use a decent diaper, attends, not really a prime brand but I will do a good job in average, I will go through three sometime four diapers per day. Since I keep well hydrated I have no skin issues so I do not have to carry powders, oil or ointments around. I keep diapers at strategic locations like in my car, at work and at home of course. If I go out I will adjust my fluid intake somewhat and consider to wear a premium diaper like a Better Dry diaper, they can last a day if I want too. Limiting your fluid intake will not harm your skin. If I go out I’ll take one diaper along and the one diaper will fit perfectly in my bag also holding my wallet, phone and car keys. I can snap the bag around my waist so I do not need to carry it around all day, leaving my hands free to do what I want. I used to go abroad quite often but never really deviated from my method. The one thing I had to do I had to calculate / guess how many diaper I had to put in my suitcase to get me through the days without running out or having way too many at hand. From what I can tell it is all about your personal demands and wishes. If you want to you can make it very complicated.