LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It’s so much better for the nappy when you dribble and drip.

Do you flood or dribble? What are your experiences with both? I have noticed that the capacity of my nappy holds more with frequent little dribbles keeping my sphincter completely relaxed. Before I would have little floods and it would over saturate the front of the nappy and which resulted in more changes. 

Babies "dribble" because of a not-yet-developed sphincter muscle; they basically pee a little a lot of the time. But toddlers are different. A not-yet-potty trained toddler will just all of a sudden let loose and flood the diaper. They are aware of what they are doing, unlike an infant. I suppose the same can be said for ABDLs. I "go" about every 20 minutes or so like a toddler. After a fresh diaper change, sometimes I last an hour before needing to tinkle. Yes, flooding my diaper does leave it quite wet until the soaker panel absorbs it all. (I wear cloth).

I've found that the ability to contain a flood directly correlates with the quality of the diaper.  Seems obvious....but if you use quality diapers then you're floods are going to be managed better.  I've been using the ID Slip Maxi diaper over the last few days and I've been really happy with their performance.  When I took one off last night after many hours of wearing it and using it I was happy to see that, along with no leaks, the backside of the diaper was starting to wick up the wetness.  I can't say for sure how many but I figure at least two major floods and a few minor ones went into that diaper.

Another diaper I use frequently is Tranquility ATN diapers.  Those I will only trust with ONE flood.  It can handle some minor wettings after that...but then I run the risk of leakage.  If I'm at home then I will wet in them more....but if I'm running errands then I'm much more careful.

I will agree that if you use a high quality diaper and just have minor wettings in it then you're going to have a very long lasting diaper.

Could not agree more with slow wetting extends diaper life. When using a catheter or a stent discussed elsewhere on this board even the cheapest diaper will hold more. Mainly  because the fluids have more of a chance to dispurice  thru entire diaper.  How many of us will lay on  your back just to see if  you can fill the back  diaper, I know I  do.  I hate throwing away half used diapers just because the front it full to capacity.

I love the feeling of really flooding a nappy, but you need to make sure everything is positioned right when you do it, to avoid leaks. You're basically using it like a toilet, and if you feel like there's a mishap on the way you can stop the flow. Incontinent people don't have that luxury.

i flood because wetting is the last thing i do. i hold it for as long as possible, and after i've had all my other fun i stand in the tub (in case of leaks) and soak my diaper. then i enjoy the wetness for a little while before cleaning up, and playtime is over