LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is it going to be like aging with diapers, is the desire to b diapeed always going to be there?  What is it going to be like aging with adbl lifestyle.  How is it going to work for retirement or nursing home?

Not sure why you're worrying about this yet, but I've been thinking about it too.  There must be some ABs in nursing homes already.  If I end up having to go into a home I hope I'll have been 24/7 for so long already it'll be taken as a medical need - there's a good chance it will be a medical need by then anyway.  As for Teddy & my dummy, that could take some explaining...

Any tales from a nursing home anyone?

In elder-care facilities the wearing of diapers is commonplace, although not for ABDL reasons. Still, I think you'd have them if needed but likely only the ones they supply or approve of if they are doing the changes :( The loss of my plastic-backed Molis would be upsetting but whatever- it would be free diapers and that would be a good thing ;) And once they see how many cheap diapers I go through in a day they might even get me good ones instead :P

Bettypooh

I know for certain I’m not the oldest person here but age hasn’t affected me in a negative way as far as ABDL is concerned. If anything it makes it so much easier. People are way more understanding / forgiving for eccentricities when a person is older.

As far as a nursing home is concerned I have already put a plan into place in case it becomes necessary. I’ve told my eldest child that should I require a nursing home I want her to arrange a regular supply of premium diapers for me such as Dry 24/7’s or any suitable ABDL printed diapers. She has agreed to take care of this for me. As for my stuffed Giraffe that I sleep with and my paci I don’t see a big issue with either of those. I can’t speak for anyone else but getting older has freed me from worrying about what someone might think.

It may seem far fetched for me to take these steps but it’s not really. I have retired my washable incontinence panties within the last month or so and moved up to Northshore Supreme pull-ups. It’s not a matter of if I’ll be in diapers 24/7 or not it’s simply a matter of when my continence erodes to that point.

Hugs,

Freta

That makes a lot of sense, Freta.  I certainly hope it's a long way off for me, but taking one of my daughters into my confidence might be the best way forward, once they're older.  All that's a long way into the future though - or I hope so, anyway!

That makes a lot of sense, Freta.  I certainly hope it's a long way off for me, but taking one of my daughters into my confidence might be the best way forward, once they're older.  All that's a long way into the future though - or I hope so, anyway!

I’m extremely fortunate in that my eldest daughter has a fetlife account, knows completely about my ABDL life and is completely okay with it. She also knows I have continence issues and I know she’ll be there if I need her when I reach old age.

Hugs,

Freta

I'm 72-1/2 and starting to get the dribbles from BHP, I think. But as for diapers, not yet, and adult pampers are so UN-ABLG, and just so chintzy to me, that if I can avoid them, I will. 40 years ago, they weren't called "diapers", they were called "pampers"

What is it going to be like aging with diapers, is the desire to b diapeed always going to be there?  What is it going to be like aging with adbl lifestyle.  How is it going to work for retirement or nursing home?
Retirement will be Awesome. You can hire a caretaker to change your diaper. And if you go to the right nursing home they will put you in diapers and you can choose what diapers you wear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm 52 years old and I don't see myself in a nursing home or needing a caretaker.  Longevity runs in my family and none of my elders were ever in a nursing home and they all lived to be in their late 80s to mid 90s and still had all their faculties except my grandfather on my father's side died of Alzheimer's at 86. 

So will I ever grow out of this? Don't know, but if I end up being the unfortunate family member that needs round the clock care then I hope I'm like my grandfather and diagnosed with Alzheimer's, this way I won't know or have a care what happens to me. 

Watching my grandfather in the end....he seemed really peaceful. 

The way I look at it, if we get old and become incontinent in out later years and have to wear diapers, at least we all got a good running start at it!  My dad will be 98 in a week.  He has no need for diapers.  Never has an accident and has always been fully continent.  Just because you get old doesn't mean you will end up in diapers, even if you live to be 100 years old.

The way I look at it, if we get old and become incontinent in out later years and have to wear diapers, at least we all got a good running start at it!  My dad will be 98 in a week.  He has no need for diapers.  Never has an accident and has always been fully continent.  Just because you get old doesn't mean you will end up in diapers, even if you live to be 100 years old.
I'm 47 and I'm on the teeter totter of bowl incontinence that I want in my 20s but have fecal incontinence which is like a
Shart instead of a fart. Not something you share with your buddy's unless they know you wear a diaper and I have not Established friends like that in my live.

wanting to wear versus having to wear. im 56 this year. In 2006 A spinal injury put me in a wheelchair and in the position of having to wear protection. There I was a sprightly 44 year old wearing nappies again. No it was not what I thought it would be like getting to be in nappies. The fun part was in rehab when my life was kind of set out , continence staff told me about this strange group of people who like to act like toddlers and babies. They had even got companies to make diapers, nappies and complete outfits like those worn by young children. Quote,'' they are really worth looking into if you want a nappy / diaper that works better then what is available from the NHS''. ''Plus we ( the nhs) are limited to the amount we can supply for your daily needs.

I have seen people in rehab spinal injuries units with diapers / nappies that are in no way health board supplied. During coffee breaks we have discussed how bad the supplied ones are versus online fetish ones. So if you want adult size pampers Go For It, the staff know about on line suppliers and that the products are far better than what most patients have access to .

100% agree!  When my mom had to go to a nursing home for a fer months, the first thing they did was put her in diapers.  Humiliating and it really was a bad situation for her mentally to begin with, the diapers and all made it worse.  When my uncle had to go to assisted living the first thing they did was put him in diapers.  Rather than assist him in getting up to use the toilet, they just put him in diapers so they could change him at their convienience, not help him go to the bathroom when he needed to go.  I'd never want to have to be in a nursing or assisted living place.

• Like 1

Assisted living facilities and nursing homes diaper the inmates for the convenience of the staff, not the patients. Most facilities have too few staff for the number of patients they support. So, unless you are completely mobile and able to get around on your own (if that were the case, you probably wouldn’t be there in the first place), you’re going to be wearing diapers. If you weren’t incontinent when you entered the facility, you probably will be by the time you leave (if you leave).

Be prepared if you end up in a nursing home there diapers are horrible. I know some of my relatives live in them. If we are lucky maybe nursing homes will have rearz diapers by the time us younger ab's get there 

One thing about it, and I'm being a bit facetious here.  If I get so bad I end up in a nursing home, their crappy diapers will be the least of my problems as I may not even be aware I'm diapered.  If I end up in a nursing home with my full mental capacity and fairly mobile and all, then if they put me in diapers for their own convienince they deserve to have to clean up my shit and piss from their crappy diapers 10 times a day!  I would hope to have some trusted legal guardian to make sure the assisted living home doesn't abuse me.  I just hate the thought of the possibility of ending up there. 

You can end up in a nursing home/rehab facility for a number of reasons.  In my father’s case, the hospital insisted that he go to one post-surgery for recovery because of the need for professionally administered medications, special diet, and for rehab to regain his strength.  It had nothing to do with his mental capabilities.  So, he was quite aware of being diapered and the inadequacy of the service provided.  I spent most of my day at the facility helping him when I could and changing his bedding.  I’d hate to think of how he would have gotten along if I hadn’t been there.  I took him home just as soon as I could, in spite of the objections of the nursing home administrators.

100% agree with you Craisler!  My mom broke her arm in 3 places in a fall and after it was fixed in the hospital, she was afraid to walk for fear she would fall again.  She was in her mid 80's at the time.  The hospital insisted she go to assisted living and that was the worst decision ever!  They put her in diapers, she wouldn't eat as she was scared, she wouldn't walk, we were there very day from 9am to 10pm, she cried when we had to leave and she developed open sores on her bottom.  She always said, "you have no idea what they do after you leave!"  She was supposed to get rehab to get her up and walking and half the time she didn't get it at all.  When she did get it they would toss a ball to her.  SHE HAD NOTHING WRONG WITH HER HANDS!  IT WAS HER FEAR OF FALLING WHEN WALKING!  After several weeks she had to be sent to the hospital for 3 days due to her sodium levels dropping way too low.  Even then the assisted living wanted her back!  I was an advocate immediatly to get her out of the assited living and back home, but unless the assisted living officially releases someone, your insurance won't pay a penny!  They know that and are only in it for the money!  The hospital did convince them to let her go home, they released her and she actually walked into the house!  She did fall in doing so and that was not good.  Within a month she was walking, pretty much back to normal and just kept getting better each day.  That was August and by Christmas even Hospice was done helping her have a bath.  I am one who is convinced that assisted living, in some cases, can be the worst thing for some people.  Other people it's the greatest for them and they are well cared for and happy!  In my mom's case it was obvious that it was doing much more harm than good and once at home she immediatly started getting better.  Within a few weeks she wouldn't even hear of using a walker, let alone the wheelchair they had her in at the assisted living!  And the only reason she was there in the first place was rehab to get her walking again because she was afraid she would fall again!  She would have been better at home right from the start and going 3 times a week to outpaitent physical therapy!  Sometimes it's greedy people and all about the money!

• Like 1
100% agree with you Craisler!  My mom broke her arm in 3 places in a fall and after it was fixed in the hospital, she was afraid to walk for fear she would fall again.  She was in her mid 80's at the time.  The hospital insisted she go to assisted living and that was the worst decision ever!  They put her in diapers, she wouldn't eat as she was scared, she wouldn't walk, we were there very day from 9am to 10pm, she cried when we had to leave and she developed open sores on her bottom.  She always said, "you have no idea what they do after you leave!"  She was supposed to get rehab to get her up and walking and half the time she didn't get it at all.  When she did get it they would toss a ball to her.  SHE HAD NOTHING WRONG WITH HER HANDS!  IT WAS HER FEAR OF FALLING WHEN WALKING!  After several weeks she had to be sent to the hospital for 3 days due to her sodium levels dropping way too low.  Even then the assisted living wanted her back!  I was an advocate immediatly to get her out of the assited living and back home, but unless the assisted living officially releases someone, your insurance won't pay a penny!  They know that and are only in it for the money!  The hospital did convince them to let her go home, they released her and she actually walked into the house!  She did fall in doing so and that was not good.  Within a month she was walking, pretty much back to normal and just kept getting better each day.  That was August and by Christmas even Hospice was done helping her have a bath.  I am one who is convinced that assisted living, in some cases, can be the worst thing for some people.  Other people it's the greatest for them and they are well cared for and happy!  In my mom's case it was obvious that it was doing much more harm than good and once at home she immediatly started getting better.  Within a few weeks she wouldn't even hear of using a walker, let alone the wheelchair they had her in at the assisted living!  And the only reason she was there in the first place was rehab to get her walking again because she was afraid she would fall again!  She would have been better at home right from the start and going 3 times a week to outpaitent physical therapy!  Sometimes it's greedy people and all about the money!
I'm really sorry to hear that about your mom. And I'm glad that she is doing better now. I know all to well about nursing rehab homes. My mom worked for human services resource and development for the county when I was growing up. Back in the 60s thur the early 90s She's retired. But she's taking me throw some of those places when I was 5 years old up till I was 15 years old some where good and some where really scary bad. It was my mom's job to get evidence to shutdown places like that. I never forget those places. It like seeing the holocaust up close and personal. People so badly mistreated it scared me but as the older I got the better it got a lot a lot of those places started disappearing at least in my mom's county.
But I hope your mom live a healthy and fulfilling live I glad you didn't give upon her....

One thing about it, and I'm being a bit facetious here.  If I get so bad I end up in a nursing home, their crappy diapers will be the least of my problems as I may not even be aware I'm diapered.  If I end up in a nursing home with my full mental capacity and fairly mobile and all, then if they put me in diapers for their own convienince they deserve to have to clean up my shit and piss from their crappy diapers 10 times a day!  I would hope to have some trusted legal guardian to make sure the assisted living home doesn't abuse me.  I just hate the thought of the possibility of ending up there. 

LOL 10 times a day of changing diapers. NOT. That would never happen. Nursing homes are under staffed. They hire low paid people. So what do you think that will get you? If your very lucky someone in your family will take care of you that includes diaper changes. I will die before I go into a nursing home

19 hours ago, Dunham said:

I'm really sorry to hear that about your mom. And I'm glad that she is doing better now. I know all to well about nursing rehab homes. My mom worked for human services resource and development for the county when I was growing up. Back in the 60s thur the early 90s She's retired. But she's taking me throw some of those places when I was 5 years old up till I was 15 years old some where good and some where really scary bad. It was my mom's job to get evidence to shutdown places like that. I never forget those places. It like seeing the holocaust up close and personal. People so badly mistreated it scared me but as the older I got the better it got a lot a lot of those places started disappearing at least in my mom's county.
But I hope your mom live a healthy and fulfilling live I glad you didn't give upon her....

After a few days at home my mom said to me, "Why am I sick?"  I said, "Your not sick!  You fell, broke your arm and now you are afraid to walk for fear you'll fall again!"  Then she started to recover but as I said, it took several weeks.  We started wheeling her to the bathroom and then taking away the wheelchair and making her use the walker to get back to her chair in the livingroom.  Soon she wouldn't even use the walker!  We sometimes did help hold her hand as she walked, but that was more from a sore back from sitting so long.  Unfortunatly, she passed away about a year and a half later.  She had a rupture in her bowel or intestine that poisoned her system within 24 hours.  At least I'm glad she had that last year or so living a normal life, or as normal as someone her age could have.  Not much of a life if you are unhappy, crying and in a wheelchair not eating in an assisted living home you hate being at.

16 hours ago, dannisissy said:

LOL 10 times a day of changing diapers. NOT. That would never happen. Nursing homes are under staffed. They hire low paid people. So what do you think that will get you? If your very lucky someone in your family will take care of you that includes diaper changes. I will die before I go into a nursing home

As I said, I hope to have a trusted legal guardian to check up on me all the time.  I would use my diapers 10 times a day just to get back at the nursing home if I didn't actually need them, could get to the toilet myself with no problem and had full mental capacity!  Then I would tell my trusted legal guardian that they would leave me in diapers that I needed to have changed and weren't changing them when they needed to.  Get him to file suit against them!  I'd have hidden cameras placed in my room for proof If they tried to retaliate against me.  They do me wrong by putting me in diapers when I don't need them, I'd teach them a thing or two!