LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Resale America sucks.

I went to our local Resale America and to my excited surprise I spotted Two cases full of brand new packages of Dry/24/7 in large size. I couldn't believe it. I got that feeling of OH MAN THIS IS AWESOME!! lmao....plus a cute chick works the counter and I so wanted to take all of these up there. Along with the Dry24/7 was a whole crate of prevail guards for men, 14 count packs and packages of baby diapers, Pampers, Target brand and some Huggies. To make it even more cool, all of this was stashed in the isle where all the baby stuff is...  the dry 24'7 were literally next to the baby diapers on one side and baby seats and stuff on the other. I was so excited and thinking being resale america these would all be cheap to buy, boy was I wrong. They wanted 27 dollars each pack of Dry 24/7, 6.99 for each back of 14 count guards for men. That is like the same price as XP medical, brand new.  I have been too shy to ask if they could work out better prices, but they are all still there. I'm waiting to see if they just end up droppping the price to get them out of there.  I don't feel like dropping two hundred dollars on it.  

Still so awesome to see those there, I was really surprised and even wondered if they were from a fellow AB/DL that had to get rid of them quick.

Funny you should say that.  Over a year ago when I was out of town Christmas shopping I stopped at some thrift and Goodwill stores.  One store I stopped in was a Salvation Army store and they had some packs of adult diapers.  Attends 4 tape cloth backed.  I usually get these at Goodwill for about $3.99 a bag.  The Salvation Army wanted over $12 a bag!  I went right across the street to the Goodwill store and they had Prevails, cloth backed same size and amount per pack for $3.99.  As it was Tuesday, I got the 1/2 off price, $1.99 per pack.  The way I see it, donated items to charity or Goodwill are meant to pass along to others in need, not rape the needy with high prices like you get in a retail store!

• Like 2

That’s one way of interpreting things.  Another is that items are donated so that they may be sold in order to generate money that can be then used to purchase the supplies that the charity needs to provide services (e.g. meals) for the needy. 

I have found to many resale places google the stuff and what ever price pops up they mark it a dollar or so less. Salvation Army in my town prices diaper as if they are gold. never use to be like that. Last week they had 20 some packs of the kendall / covidien diapers 9.99 a pack I went to the manager and showed they sell for 6.99 at other places they would not come down. of course now people have opened a few pack to pull the diapers out and they still have not sold any.

You don't make money for charity when people will just go across the street and buy them for less than 1/3 the price.  One of my local mission thrift stores has had the same packages of Attends on the shelf for well over 2 years because the price is so high.  Even when they have 1/2 off days they have a big sign by the adult diapers that says, "Adult Diapers Are NOT 1/2 OFF! with "NOT" being double underlined.  Maybe as a Christian Mission thrift store they are aware of AB/DL lifestyles and mark the adult diapers so high to prevent AB's and DL's from buying them for their personal and sexual pleasures.  It may go against their religious beliefs.  Better to sell them period and make some money for your charity than mark them so high they sit on the shelf unsold for over 2 years. 

You do have a point in that case.  On the other hand, their possible awareness of the AB/DL culture may also lead them to believe they can charge ridiculous prices and still make sales. After all, that was how DPF and other similar organizations made money. They’d sell commercially available products at three to five times the normal retail price because AB/DLs either didn’t know where to find them or wanted 1 or 2 diapers instead of a full bag so they could be hidden more easily.

I went to our local Resale America and to my excited surprise I spotted Two cases full of brand new packages of Dry/24/7 in large size. I couldn't believe it. I got that feeling of OH MAN THIS IS AWESOME!! lmao....plus a cute chick works the counter and I so wanted to take all of these up there. Along with the Dry24/7 was a whole crate of prevail guards for men, 14 count packs and packages of baby diapers, Pampers, Target brand and some Huggies. To make it even more cool, all of this was stashed in the isle where all the baby stuff is...  the dry 24'7 were literally next to the baby diapers on one side and baby seats and stuff on the other. I was so excited and thinking being resale america these would all be cheap to buy, boy was I wrong. They wanted 27 dollars each pack of Dry 24/7, 6.99 for each back of 14 count guards for men. That is like the same price as XP medical, brand new.  I have been too shy to ask if they could work out better prices, but they are all still there. I'm waiting to see if they just end up droppping the price to get them out of there.  I don't feel like dropping two hundred dollars on it.  

Still so awesome to see those there, I was really surprised and even wondered if they were from a fellow AB/DL that had to get rid of them quick.
Yeah I did the same thing at the St Venice
thrift store by me. I got that Extreme Excitement because they are $5.49 each for Attends med. It's a tad small but plastic backs usually run a little bit bigger. In all the Excitement of Attends 24 packs of Mediums I bought all 4 packs got out to my car and putting them in my car then I seen it. Awww! They are
BREATHABLE BRIEFS if that an't like a fire cracker Exploding in the end of my dick! I'm a 100% plastic back diaper person They wouldn't return them. So now I'm suck with them. But alas I can't just throw them away. I still have them a year later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You do have a point in that case.  On the other hand, their possible awareness of the AB/DL culture may also lead them to believe they can charge ridiculous prices and still make sales. After all, that was how DPF and other similar organizations made money. They’d sell commercially available products at three to five times the normal retail price because AB/DLs either didn’t know where to find them or wanted 1 or 2 diapers instead of a full bag so they could be hidden more easily.

That is a great point, but after over 2 years of those same packages sitting on the shelves unsold, you would thing they would get the idea that no one, Incontinent people or AB/DL people are going to pay the price they are asking for those diapers.

$27 doesn't seem bad considering you would have to add shipping to that if you bought online.

I thought Resale America was a rummage sale or something or a thrift store. It doesn't sound like it. 

Funny you should say that.  Over a year ago when I was out of town Christmas shopping I stopped at some thrift and Goodwill stores.  One store I stopped in was a Salvation Army store and they had some packs of adult diapers.  Attends 4 tape cloth backed.  I usually get these at Goodwill for about $3.99 a bag.  The Salvation Army wanted over $12 a bag!  I went right across the street to the Goodwill store and they had Prevails, cloth backed same size and amount per pack for $3.99.  As it was Tuesday, I got the 1/2 off price, $1.99 per pack.  The way I see it, donated items to charity or Goodwill are meant to pass along to others in need, not rape the needy with high prices like you get in a retail store!

I agree.  What seems to be a big problem in the US (or any country really), is that no good deed seems to go unpunished.  Think about how cell phone companies and ISPs often give rewards to loyal customers, but when I decided to switch to a different provider, the current ISP made it so that my SIM card would not work in a different phone.  Also, when many college students (like me) start buying used textbooks to save money and resources, colleges get pissed and require students to buy specific textbooks that are only sold in their bookstore at whatever price they decide.  

Both of these happened to me firsthand, so I'm not just making stuff up here.

Sometime companies have winback departments.  For example.  You sign up with a company for internet and TV service and they give you a special 1 year deal.  When that deal runs out the price doubles.  You either pay it or switch to a different company and start all over.  That can be a hassle, but if you first call your company and say, "I'm planning to disconnect my service with you", they will ask why.  You can say, "Your price will double next month and I found another provider that has the same services I have right now with you, but their price is a lot lower that what you will start charging me".  Often the company you are with won't want to lose your business or give their competition your business so they will offer to extend your introductory rate for another year just to keep your business.  If they don't offer, just say, "If you can offer me the same price or keep my rate the same as it is now, I'll keep my service with you."  You haven't anything to lose other than paying twice as much.

I thought Resale America was a rummage sale or something or a thrift store. It doesn't sound like it. 

I think it's a pawn shop.  I know you can bring stuff in for money or trade up.  They have quite a bit of new inventory also. If money wasn't a little tight ATM I would just go get em. I'd have to pull one out though to make sure they didn't smell like mold or cigarrettes.  Don't know where they ever come from.