LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Video exploring how sodium affects incontinence

Impressive vid and I generally like it but you've made the same mistake Doctors do in thinking that there is one correct RDA for sodium which applies to everyone. I perspire hugely in the summer heat. I can lose as much as 2 gallons+ of hydration a day :o My clothes get soaked as if I just climbed out of a pool- they drip perspiration. My body requires lots more sodium than usual or I'll lose hydration faster than I can replenish it. In the heat I have to constantly drink water almost to the point of feeling it sloshing in my tummy or I dehydrate. My urine production level drops somewhat then but stays clear which indicates that it's enough. The only dry part of me in the summer is inside my diaper :roflmao: Luckily I am also hypotensive so it helps my blood pressure instead of hurting it ;) If I don't gets lots of salt in the summer, my blood pressure sometimes drops so low I nearly faint- not good when you're way up in the air working :huh: 

For most folks you're on the mark and indeed most Americans eat way too much salt. Fast food and prepackaged foods are so full of it that adding more puts folks into the danger zone :( It was interesting to see how salinity affected diaper absorption rates, retention, and overall capacity. Baby diaper manufacturers use a propriety saline liquid for testing which they call "insult"- a term which I personally am insulted by :lol:

I will definitely be watching all your other vids soon and I want to offer a BIG THANK YOU for posting this one here. Very well done :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the reply and support!  Sorry I didnt see the post earlier :(   of course our information is a generalization as with all of our videos and testing we understand that individually we are all different. and products and finding we discover might not represent each person exactly.    this testing was interesting to see the products perform under different salinities and this was a very fun learning exercise.  When we started this testing we didnt think we would have to use math, its about adult diapers!  we have some more fun experiments lined up so hopefully this summer when our work slows up we have time to do some more Science!

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, What an amazing video! 

Can you tell in percentage what the lack of capacity? I mean just as the leak started.

Also I noticed that carboydrates affect the kidney function, they may cause water retention for an half to one and half day then water release within few hours only. 

I remember when I used to eat lot of carbs like bread potatoes pasta or junk food at the weekend I was also afraid to flush all the retained water on the Monday or Tuesday. If it did not happened on the first I would not escape at the second day leading to very uncomfortable feeling at the office. 

Hopefully it seems to doesn't happen any more since I switched to low carb high fat diet for healthy and endurance reasons. That diet has a lot of advantage but cons as well. E.g. you have to introduce twice the sodium than usual because sodium is less retained in that case so the water. So it should affect my diaper absportion my urinary losses are smaller and much more regular, seems to be a compromise.

My view is that 90% of every Sodium-is-bad-for-you propaganda is based on the same very flawed studies.   While sodium can have serious issues for people with compromised kidneys or very severe cardiovascular issues, for most people, your body is perfectly suited to get rid of it.    Yet you can't get people to stop saying that the average person needs to cut sodium out of their diet, which has been shown not to be necessary and perhaps even counterproductive.

To add to Betty's comments,  incontinence is not a single-cause syndrome.    It's quite possible that excessive sodium exacerbates some people's problems and certainly bares examination but I hate to make across the board recommendations.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2018 at 9:47 AM, willnotwill said:

My view is that 90% of every Sodium-is-bad-for-you propaganda is based on the same very flawed studies.   While sodium can have serious issues for people with compromised kidneys or very severe cardiovascular issues, for most people, your body is perfectly suited to get rid of it.    Yet you can't get people to stop saying that the average person needs to cut sodium out of their diet, which has been shown not to be necessary and perhaps even counterproductive.

To add to Betty's comments,  incontinence is not a single-cause syndrome.    It's quite possible that excessive sodium exacerbates some people's problems and certainly bares examination but I hate to make across the board recommendations.

Sorry for the delayed response,  in the video we talk about how critical Sodium is to keeping us alive so cutting sodium altogether is bad however most foods in the US have enough so adding might not be best for most people,  In the Video we do not say Sodium is the cause of incontinence, studies show the amount of sodium in a system has direct connection to increased Urine output as the Kidneys try to excrete the unnecessary amounts of sodium in the system so people with incontinence issues already will tend to have more episodes.