LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do diapers shrink your bladder ?

The muscles that hod it closed weaken with disuse like any other muscles. Ask a doctor

It’s possible but it’s not an easy thing to do.

First, you have to wear diapers all of the time. Second, anytime you feel the need to pee, you must release, which means you have to consciously avoid holding it in at all. That second part is hard to do since it has been ingrained in our muscle memory since we were potty trained. 

I know it has been done. In the past a have talked to someone who wore all of the time. She indicated to me that she thought she might wet the bed if she didn’t wear a diaper, at least occasionally. However, she had full control over her bladder while awake. This was after a year of wearing full time. I think it takes a long time before your bladder will start to shrink and before you start to lose control. 

I can hold my bladder a lot longer when wearing a diaper as in I don't get the urge to pee, but without it feels like I have to pee all the time, so the bladder don't shrink and muscles don't weaken, its mostly in your head

There is exceptions to everything

I agree with xander.williams  and Dubious, it's more mental.

The only way that I know for sure that will shrink the size of a bladder is when individuals have to wear a catheter for long extended periods of time for medical purposes.

As someone who has worn diapers 24/7 for the last five months I would have to agree that it is definately more mind over matter.  Twice I tried to take my diapers off and both times for the hour or so I was out of them I felt the need to pee pee all the time.  The first time I litterally sat on the potty almost the whole time and the second time I actually wet my pants. 

I do not experience this phenomena when I am wearing diapers.  Of course I still try and keep my bladder sphincters constantly relaxed.However, for example if I am concentrating at work I never feel a constant need to pee pee when diapered.  Usually my bladder fills unconsciously and all the sudden the urge hits me and I then I release into my diaper. 

I do think there are some physical changes that do occur.  For example I experience bladder spasms which never occured before wearing diapers permanently .  I still feel my bladder can retain the same amount of pee pee however as before.

I think it is both mental and physical change. For me I will wet frequently when diapered or thinks I am. My body knows I am diapered and just switches my bladder to an almost auto mode. My wife thinks it is funny as I half the time or more in wet within the first 20 minutes of being diapered even if I just used the restroom before being diapered.  I have to concentrate and try not to wet if I want the duapers to stay dry for some reason. After that it is frequent and small wettings. After being diapered for  a day or two upon returning to underwear it will take a day or two to return to normal depending on how long I was diapered. This happened slowly over many years. My mind has taken the comfort of the diaper as a sign to wet freely. I also believe it is a physical change because after my wife kept me diapered 24/7 for three months for a punishment a few years ago I was wetting more than once an hour. I normally pee every two hours or so anyway with my tiny weak bladder. Constant diapers made it  worse because after I returned to underwear it took me weeks to get back to more normal and I had to force myself to hold it just so my bladder got used to holding more or grew. So I think it is some of each. 

Me too, I find when I wear I am much more at ease and not worried (anxious) about where my next bathroom will be.

When I was kindergarten after lunch one day, I started getting sensation that I needed to go.  The next thing I knew my pants were wet.  I kind of feel like  never again will be I be wet or caught without some protection.  Though I don't wear at work.  I probably could, but fortunately I am rarely in meetings.

• 4 weeks later...

I would have to say yes. after using a foley cath  for I guess 3 months I find even if I cross my legs I get pressure and have to uncross them. I have a bilateral orchandectomy and do diapers a lot but the cath with a bag in my panties is use more now. I use a garter belt to secure it front and back and tube comes up and it sits in the croch. I don't have much left there since surgery. it feels very warm as it trickles in so you can tell.  I do use the northern heavy diapers with or without the catheter. I can put it in or remove it at will.  I use the silastic ones heavier cant crush don't kink.  last night for example I had new panties so took out the cath and put on a diaper. I could walk and wet lay and wet and some was urge. did not have to think about it but probably a lot was urge even when I slept I woke up with a wet soaked through diaper. those are some heavy diapers so I had to change right when I got up because a little wet spot had started on my night gown.  I vaguely remember rolling or moving over to let it out so id say im diaper dependent now. 

If you maintain as empty a bladder as is possible, in a year or so your bladder will lose some of it's elasticity and it's capacity will be reduced. Another year of the same will continue that and you'll be somewhere around 50% capacity. The key here is that it must be a constant and continuous process- even in  your sleep-  or it will be a much slower process or not occur at all.

One of my pet peeves is when someone asks "Will diapers (fill in the blank)?" The only thing that diapers do physically is make your butt look bigger under clothing and make your bank balance smaller for buying them :P The rest is in how you use them and in your head. The last part can be rather nice though :)

Bettypooh

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Dubious said:

a fairly huge difference between wearing a diaper and using catheter in a diaper

Crazy talk! Wearing a garment on the outside and putting a tube through your urethra aren’t different at all.  Crazy talk, I tell ya, crazy!

I know for me my post micturition dribble is getting worse meaning my urethral sphincter is becoming weak. I have only had 7 weeks not wearing nappies since September last year and I can’t go for a poo without uncontrollable dribbling urine.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:05 AM, Bettypooh said:

If you maintain as empty a bladder as is possible, in a year or so your bladder will lose some of it's elasticity and it's capacity will be reduced. Another year of the same will continue that and you'll be somewhere around 50% capacity. The key here is that it must be a constant and continuous process- even in  your sleep-  or it will be a much slower process or not occur at all.

One of my pet peeves is when someone asks "Will diapers (fill in the blank)?" The only thing that diapers do physically is make your butt look bigger under clothing and make your bank balance smaller for buying them :P The rest is in how you use them and in your head. The last part can be rather nice though :)

Bettypooh

Love it!  Outstanding answer!

If you had surgery to make yourself urniery incontinent you would still effectively be continent at night because without the abdominal pressure pushing down on your sphincters you will still hold the same amount of urine while laying down as you did before that’s why the 24/7 approach is much better as it gives you time to shrink your bladder and with this your urniery sphincter becomes weak resulting in stress incontinence and intrinsic sphincter deficiency soon follows, this means your urinary sphincter muscle has atrophied resulting in constantly dribbling small amounts of urine day and night.

Lacking a bit in fact and lacking a lot in punctuation :Crylol::P 

First off, you have two urinary sphincters, and if neither are closed then whatever goes unto your bladder empties right out whatever position you're in. The sole exception is that often the longer male urethra becomes kinked when sitting blocking the flow, then releases when standing allowing the bladder to empty and producing a flood. While there may be more pressure on the bladder when standing versus laying down, that's not significantly affecting bladder capacity or retention ability- you're bladder holds approximately the same amount either way. It may affect how full your bladder feels, not it's capacity ;)  If the internal sphincter is disabled through whatever means, you will leak regardless as the bladder will never fill and thus never signal the external sphincter to close until you can make it to the toilet. The effect on the bladder is the same- a loss of elasticity and capacity. The effect on the external sphincter is also the same either way- unused muscles tend to atrophy.

There's nothing magic about unlearning bladder control which makes it any different than any other loss of sphincter usage except that it's being done voluntarily. That's magic enough for those who choose to follow that path however they get there :D

Bettypooh

Personally I can control my wee better when not wearing nappies. When I wear a nappy I seem to wee loads more (something I don't mind at all, nothing better than wearing a warm wet nappy)

• Like 1