LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

anybody struggle with mental illness and other disabilities

hi am i the only one that struggles with mental illness and  autism  for one i have aspergers , adhd , and paranoid schizophrenia and sometimes my mind play tricks on me  saying no body cares for me and i do not matter some parts of me wounder is it true and that will i find my mommy or caregiver  just asking because i am tired of feeling this way 

I suffer from pretty severe depression and anxiety. I 100% believe that I would not be here today without the help of medication that helps be stay close to "normal" on good days, and just off the ledge on bad days. My "little" side definitely helps me manage depression by allowing me to cuddle up in bed in a thick diaper and imagine that I'm just a scared little boy who's being protected and will be okay!

On a related note, for those dark days we have to adepression sub-forum where you can find support or just vent when you need to: https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/forum/124-restlessfoxs-depression-discussion/

• Like 1

I have complex PTSD, Anxiety and OCD. For me it's a daily grind to stay off the ledge. If I don't take the meds and do the work my therapist gives me I would be in trouble. Like Mikey having little time is a way to get a break from my reality.

I am diagnosed as Bipolar-NOS (NOS means Not Otherwise Significant); I manage fairly well the vast majority of days by taking my medication almost all the time.

I also used to struggle with self harm, but I have not gone back to it in years.

The worst thing I've done in a long while is binge drinking when my job gets to be too stressful, it shouldn't be a stressful job at the low pay of NYS minimum wage, but at times it is basically all the stresses and expectations of a high paying job with the low pay you would expect out of McDonalds; not a decent factory.

More and more I am adjusting to not going to extremes when my job gets me feeling down or angry or whatever.

Clinical Depression, no longer on Meds but they were necessary until I learned how to deal with this devil without them ;) I do 'escape' into gender expression and more openness with diapering sometimes as a means of stress control :blush:

As to "other disabilities" I have gout in the knees (barely kept in control by diet) and sometimes severe lower back problems. Gotta love getting old :whistling:

Bettypooh

have battle depression.   I've not thought about suicide, but I've prayed that it would be my day.  I was never clinically diagnosed, but praying for death is probably good enough for a self-diagnosis.   I had some learning disability growing up, which has affected my self-confidence, which has played a role n my battles with depression.   I know that diapers and acceptance of them have helped me keep things under control 

Now I have a variety of health issues.  None of them are very serious, but require frequent visits to medical professionals.  I've had more blood draws in the last 2 years than most people have had in their life.  You can tell it gets bad when they only let the best phlebotomist find the vein.  Arthritic knees that basically hurt every day and bad eyes.   Those health issues can cause stress, which isn't a great pair with depression.

I have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. I also struggle with severe depression and anxiety and often have thoughts of suicide. I know in my heart I would never go through with something like that but I still have those thoughts. Bi-polar depression runs in my family; my grandmother had it, my sisters have it and my brother had it worse then all of us! I had cancer as a kid and I believe that the radiation treatments that I received left me with some serious after effects. Maybe this is why I feel so comfortable in this community because a lot of us struggle with similar difficulties and can relate to each other.

It seems to me that many individuals here are also dealing with mental health issues.  I wonder if there might be a connection to being an Adult Baby and mental illness.  Or perhaps the internal struggles of being an adult baby cause mental illness?  Either way, a lot of us here apparently deal with this.

Mental disorders are very sad. I hope everyone who has problems will get help. There is hope for you and you can get better. For me try having 3 back surgeries. It's no fun and I am in much pain most of the time 

I to suffer from chronic depression, most of my life I have lived with it .

Not until after my son was killed did I seek any help , it was either that or a dirt nap and with a 5 year old daughter that needed her daddy the nap was not even an option.

i don't have a mental illness, but i definitely have a lot of psychological issues. the other night i suddenly recalled a traumatic experience of psychological child abuse (forcibly diapered and publicly humiliated as punishment), and its made me rethink and address everything about myself, and i don't like it. i avoid social situations and interactions even though i sometimes want to participate because i'm extremely reserved and shy except when alone or solely with people i'm very close to (and my shyness started not long after the incident). i constantly feel people are talking negatively or thinking negatively about me (even though i know they're most likely not). i have a negative opinion of myself, and don't feel bad about having a negative opinion of myself (which is messed up). i have low self-worth and several issues with sex because of it, including a diagnosable sexual dysfunction (which i just found out was a thing and not just me). except most of this only applies to my personal life, not professional. when it comes to work i'm pretty confident and really good at what i do (although i do often have brief moments of self-doubt), but i believe no one wants to date me because i'm not good enough. i think all of this (and more) started with that incident.

i just thought i was shy and little bit different but thats fine and i'm otherwise normal, but know i think its a bunch of issues that i've needed help with. and the worst part isn't knowing i most likely need some sort of therapy, its knowing that i've needed it for a long time. i keep thinking about how my life could have been different. like i could be married with a family right now, but i haven't had a girlfriend since i was fifteen because i can't women out because i know they'll say no (and the only reason i had the courage to ask her out is because she flat out said "Why haven't you asked me out yet?")

• 4 weeks later...

I have been diagnosed with bipolar NOS, also. I've found the right pharmaceutical therapy and life is pretty good. It took me just over a year of trying different meds before finding the right ones, and another 6 months or so fine tuning the dosage. I struggled with this my whole life and wasn't diagnosed until in my mid-20s. I'm so fortunate to be where I'm at in life and I don't take it for granted. I know all to well the struggles of having mental illness.

Hey nenog613,

I too have those problems. I often avoid scoial gatherings because being in a big crowd makes me feel boxed in and nervous. When I am out shopping or anywhere public I try to avoid looking people in the eyes and always feel like people are making fun of me or staring at me because of some imperfection that I have. When I get nervous I am extremely paranoid and when I am driving my car I sometimes feel like another car is following me and I keep checking my rear view mirror to see if the same car is still there. I know that I’ll have a fun time if I go out with friends but something always keeps me from going out.

Living in a small town doesn’t make things any easier because everybody (or I should say every guy) thinks they’re tough and they have got to prove that to you by staring up down. Usually when you go and confront them they back away but I try to keep away from confrontations. I feel I have enough problems as it is. Most times I just want to say fuck it and stay at home in bed but I find a way to push on through. I wish you the best of luck in anything you do!

I haven’t been formally diagnosed with anything but I’ve been struggling anxiety and depression for well over a year ( I’ve probably have had it longer but only relatively recently have I identified the symptoms).  Most worrisome is that I’ve been having intrusive thoughts about cutting off my fingers or slicing my face with a razor, before last year I haven’t had a history of self-injury so I don’t really understand why now so late in my life that I’m having these thoughts.

Im also concerned I might be moderately schizophrenic, and honestly I’m not sure who Ican talk to about this in RL without causing any potential problems for myself.

I have struggled mightily with depression over the last decade. I have been institutionalized twice. At times I have to actively work towards wanting to remain on this planet. I tell myself that it will eventually get better and it does. I seek out whatever it may take to help me; drugs, therapy, friends. I dread the moment if I ever stop trying. :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...

I’m currently suffering with autism, OCD and depression. I might also be bipolar. I’m pretty much stuck in my parent’s house most of the time (can’t say it’s my house, because I don’t own it), since I don’t have a job yet and it’s hard for me to make friends. I do have sleeping issues on some nights too. Hopefully, I do get a job soon and move on my own in the next few years.

I have depression but it has been getting better for a while now. Also have autism but i'm pretty ok with that. And while epilepsy has been diagnosed after i got a few Epileptic seizuresi i haven't had an attack in years.

I myself am a big fan of punk rock music! There is a song by one of my all time favorite bands Pennywise called “Just For You” which I think sums up my depression pretty good. 

“Depression closes in, You can’t escape”

“No one understands, they can’t relate”

”You won’t know until it hits you!”

”It never goes away, you feel it everyday”

”Your only hope is to change tomorrow”

”You wanna see a change for tomorrow”

”Don’t you wanna see a change just for you?”

”You wanna see a change before you throw it all away”

“Something is gonna break just for you”

”Just for You!”:whistling:

I have complex PTSD and some disassociasion issues. Current just starting a round of EMDR. First time with this treatment... but had several bouts of CBT. On sertriline too which i have always resisted. But its got to a point where i will try anything to stop the flashbacks, or at least lesson them

I am diagnosed with adjustment disorder, which makes me emotionally flat.  I don't get very excited or upset about most things. It's frustrating, because I will look like I am not having a good time, even when I am really enjoying something.  The flip side is that I can stay very calm under pressure.  I'm also a procrastinator, but I always get things done on time.  I tried medication a few times, but could not find one where the benefits outweighed the side effects.  I also have relentless back and hip pain, coupled with mixed incontinence.