LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper pail for messy diapers?

So at the moment when I have a messy diaper I ether put it in the trash can and take out the whole trash or put it in a trash bag and just take out the single messy diaper. I am wondering if I were to get a diaper pail would that contain the odors of a messy diaper for 2 or 3 or 4 days? So I could just take out the trash 2 or so times a week? Here is the diaper pail I am thinking of getting.

http://www.northshorecare.com/personal-care/disposal-bags-pails/akord-disposal-pail-11-gallon.html

I am also thinking about getting some disposable diaper bags and putting it in those and then in the diaper pail. Would that work for the time I want? Here is a link to the bags.

http://www.northshorecare.com/personal-care/disposal-bags-pails/heaven-scent-large-bags.html

So what has been your experiences with diaper pails? Do you think this would work?

Thanks

I wouldn't spend the money on a diaper pail if that's all you would use it for.  I save all the plastic grocery bags I get (even though I try and have my groceries packed in paper bags) and those I don't recycle I use to bag up my wet diapers.  If you double bag them and tie them tight, they should be ok for a couple days in your regular kitchen trash container, especially if it has a lid.  When my mom was with us for the last year and a half, she was wearing disposable pull on underpants.  She would have some mess, not full blown bowel movements but my dad would help her in the bathroom and would take the old disposable underpants and put them in a small trash can with a plastic trash bag inside.  This can had a lid that snapped closed but could open with a push on the handle on the top of the lid.  I got it at WalMart for about $12.  It's just a regular trash can with a snap closed lid.  Not airtight, but we didn't have smell to deal with for days at a time.  One of those, double bag the messy diapers and tie them up tight, toss them in the can and close the lid.  Toss your other trash in as well and when it gets full, take out the main trash bag and toss it out!  That's all you need to do! 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-7-5-Gallon-28-Liter-TouchTop-Wastebasket/21930751?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=94e40495-b6bb-4606-3ad8-db6f37083881&config_id=2&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=94e40495-b6bb-4606-3ad8-db6f37083881&item_id=21930751&parent_anchor_item_id=14170566&parent_item_id=14170566&placement_id=irs-2-m2&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=RAmG95ql2dh9sMKdybHCQ0

I use the cheap small trash bags, they are very thin. I put my diaper in and squeeze out all the air, twist it up tight and tie a knot in it. I have a baby diaper pail, it will hold 3-4 of my bags. I have the bottom covered first paper towels, then 1-2" of baking soda, and my cheap addition, to mask smell is the $1.00 room air freshener powder or clean linen sent. and I about 2-3 days use a kitchen size trash bag to bag up the bagel diapers as I remove them from that pail. I then put them in the outside trash. Works well for me and keeps the smell almost completely gone. My wife dosen't like the urine orders, I would let the orders arise, if it were just me, I just love the smells of a bedwetters home. So I just keep it smelling better for her.

I do not have any issues from urine smell.  Just from messy diapers. I am able to have 5 or 6 urine diapers in a trash can with no smell. I have not had any more than that in it because usually that is when the trash gets full with general trash and such.

So I don’t know anyone who uses disposables and actually does this, but even for baby diapers parents are supposed to empty solid waste into the toilet before throwing away the diaper. You can do the same (hold the diaper over the toilet and gently shake it loose), then put the diaper in plastic grocery bags (4-6 does a good job), and then throw it away.

You can also add a trash can to your garage just for diapers. That way you’re not wasting one bag per diaper, but they’re also not in your house.

I dont think anyone in the entire history of parenting has ever done this. 

Agreed. Shaking the solid waste off the diaper and into a toilet assumes that the waste is not very soft and has not been smooshed into the diaper. Speaking from personal experience, this is seldom the case.  It’s far more practical to simply roll the diaper up sealing the mess inside and put it in a well sealed waste container.  A kitchen wet garbage container works well as long as it is emptied every 2-3 days. 

#1 is dump the poop in the toilet so you don't have a full load trapped in the diaper....

I have the same diaper pail you have linked to (mine is the older version but same basic pail).  I think it does a pretty good job containing the smells, but the great thing about this diaper is that the bag system allows you to just cut the size of the bag you need.  So if you go a few days without anything really smelly, you can fill er' up, but if you drop something really smelly in there, you can put out just one or two diapers without wasting too much of the plastic bag.  I find it easy to use and it easily holds even the largest adult diapers.

#1 is dump the poop in the toilet so you don't have a full load trapped in the diaper....

I have the same diaper pail you have linked to (mine is the older version but same basic pail).  I think it does a pretty good job containing the smells, but the great thing about this diaper is that the bag system allows you to just cut the size of the bag you need.  So if you go a few days without anything really smelly, you can fill er' up, but if you drop something really smelly in there, you can put out just one or two diapers without wasting too much of the plastic bag.  I find it easy to use and it easily holds even the largest adult diapers.

If I am already emptying the diaper pail when I have a messy diaper. I think I will just stick with taking out a garbage bag.  

I have a commercial Rubbermaid 24 gallon medical grade diaper pail that I have been using for all my diapers typically I will using a grocery sack for really messy diapers.  the diaper pail lid has 2 Arm and Hammer diaper pail deodorizers  

Cloth diapers that will go in the laundry, I say shake out the excess poop in the toilet before putting them in the diaper pail.  Disposable diapers?  Doesn't matter as they will go right in the trash and you won't be seeing them anymore (except for those who posted elseware in the forums that they like playing and rubbing their faces in used diapers).