LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

That 'tired' kinda low?

Does anyone have any advice on how to basically not fall into the depression nap? Had a bit of a set-back in work and now my brain's basically trying to equate that to total and utter failure; I don't want to indulge it in that, ya know? Problem is, I'm too tired to move and too restless to try and distract myself through other means--that typical 'what's the point' vibe? 

With depression, physical movement goes a very long way in keeping it in check. That you don't feel like moving doesn't matter when something more important awaits. I've found that most of the time, movement done early can be smaller and is just as effective as waiting longer and moving more. When I'm desk-bound at the PC I'll stand up and stretch for maybe 15 seconds then I'm good for another hour. If things are rough I'll go outside and play with my dog awhile. My work is physical and I'm getting old so I know tiredness well, it's more like total exhaustion Friday evening after work. I know this is a very vulnerable time for me so I avoid anything negative then which also helps. It takes some effort but I "turn off the world" because I know that it will be there later and I can deal with it better then. I do things that make me happy like TV or web-surfing and I refuse to allow anything which may bring me down to enter my thoughts.

With depression there are times when you just can't handle bad things so put them off until later when you're in better shape to handle them. When you're in good shape handle all your problems then. Learn how your depression affects you and put up your defenses early when you see the warning signs. Letting it get out of hand multiplies it exponentially so you cannot let that happen no matter what it takes. A little extra physical pain is nothing compared to days of being in the abyss because you did nothing instead. Remember that you've made it this far and you can keep going no matter what comes along even if it feels like you can't. Put forth the effort to make it through the rough spots and you will make it through.

Bettypooh

I'm agree with Bettypooh. Physical activity or movement goes a very long way. 

I'm not one to get depressed but I do have my moments of getting down and out. My cure is a walk. A nice long, quiet walk. I don't know where you live but if you live close to a wooded area or a place near a waterway or both I implore  you to motivate yourself and take advantage of it. 

A quiet walk in the woods with a slight breeze rustling through the leaves  will do you wonders. Better yet if you walk along a stream and listen to the water gently flowing can be so calming. I know it works for me. But I also know the longer I sit around and wallow in my own self pity the longer it takes for me to snap out of it. 

Thanks guys, you know I took this to heart today and just spent it out and about in town...and you're right, stuff feels a little less overwhelming and just a bit more manageable. The situation at work itself is still less than ideal but, like, it's not quite eating me up and that's the most important thing right now, I think.  

Good for you.  Give yourself a high five. 

As far as the work situation goes remember some things are just out of your control. Everybody has a bad day at work. Take it day by day and always think positive it will get better. 

A lot in life is how you see things ;) I'm lucky in that I love my work but to be realistic it's just a job which is a necessary evil of life. it's important, yes, but it's not the most important thing there is so don't let it override everything else and don't let problems there intrude on the rest of your life.

Glad to hear that you're doing better :D

Bettypooh