LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Velvet - A Calibeen Story (Complete!)

Thank you all for the comments! :D I don't get the chance to reply often enough to these threads (because I usually have only a few minutes and I have to decide between commenting or making a new chapter post) but it's actually really cool to see how our readers feel about the story as it goes on!  I am not exaggerating when I say that it literally makes writing worth it.

Also the next chapter isn't titled "Her Failure".  It's "Her Special Bath". ^_^ 

(Grammar errors are fixed btw)

Gosh... I bet you changed the title of the chapter and rewrote it too! That's OK... a special bath sounds... well, special! 

waiting patiently... waiting patiently...  waiting patiently...

38.) Her Special Bath

Morning came too soon.  My diaper was cold and clammy, and nearly at capacity.  Bedwetting was just another thing I was getting used to in this awful place.  I climbed out of bed and went to the nurse's station. "Hey, um... could I have a change please?" The last thing I needed was another rash.

"Actually, Velvet," The nurse began, apologetically, "your care coordinator has put in the request that you don't get changes right now. I'm afraid you'll need approval from her for that. Sit down and have breakfast with the other babies."

Babies.  I resented her.  But I put on a fake blush and looked away shamefully.  They had to know this place was working.  I sat down on the edge of the chair and put my hands on the table.  Was this Colette?  Was she getting revenge?  Did she think a diaper rash was going to convince me to give up my identity?  She was so fucking stupid sometimes.

The other girls took their seats and a bottle was put in front of me.  But suspiciously, on my right, Annie wasn't there...

"Hey, where's Annie?"

"Annie was gone when we woke up this morning," Ayla explained, eloquently. To be honest, Ayla was ready to be out of here. She'd be a productive member of society, she'd be a poster child for this place if given the chance.  Not everyone here believed in the process in detail and depth, but Ayla had made it through to the other side and was proof that things worked.

"She was gone?" I looked at Ayla nervously and then up at Colette's door.  It was closed.  It was always closed.  Had she started fixing Annie?  Or was Marlow in the middle of another one of his plots?  I sunk in my chair and took the bottle in my hands.  Fear of the bottles had started to subside - my afternoons were nothing but childish bliss these days.  I knew that now.

"I don't think she's gone forever," Ayla continued, attempting to be helpful.

"She's going to be here forever," Contributed Estar, doing absolutely nothing to be helpful at all. But both of them were probably right in their own ways. Annie was never going to be fit for the real world, not at this rate.

The swirling milk was just starting to kick in.  My head was fuzzy, my fingertips were numb, and I started to giggle at all of Bree's stupid jokes.  But it was a sobering moment to see those awful alligator shoes.  I looked up at Dr. Marlow with my bottom lip puffed out.

"Tsk tsk tsk... look at that puddle you've made."

I looked down between my legs, at the wet carpet.  It was him that didn't let me change?

"You're in a world of trouble, little girl." Dr. Marlow clicked his tongue and shook his head, nudging the wet little Velvet along with a yardstick he had in his hand, like keeping her at least that distant from him was as close as he'd want the soaking wet little strumpet. "Into my office, now, don't dawdle."

I stumbled to my feet and looked down at my wet thighs, but the prodding of the stick nudged me forward.  I looked back with a glazed fog at the room.  Six girls stared back at me.  Everyone was so scared of Marlow... I shook my head and tried to focus, but it was no use.  The milk was too strong.

There was something different about Marlow's office, something amiss. Was it the big desk? No, it looked like it had been built before the room had formed around it. Was it his tacky red leather chair, his framed statements attributed to himself, like 'No Good Deed Goes Unpunished'? No, not those. Maybe it was the aquarium... the aquarium in the middle of the floor, bubbling ominously with no fish inside of it, and a liquid that looked too thick to be water. Yes, that was probably it.

I looked at the large tub with curiosity and back up at Marlow.  The lights were fuzzy and everything tilted side to side.  Side to side.  I giggled, swaying in place with a bright smile on my face.  Why was I here again?  Oh yeah, dumb alligator man.

"You're already so wet as it is, Velvet, that I doubt you'll even notice the difference." Now he did touch her, he leaned in after having snapped rubber gloves over his hands, and began to disrobe the sodden girl. But there was nothing sexual or abusive about the tonality of his motions; this was like a father undressing a daughter for bath time.

He hummed a song that made me giggle and sway and I gave no resistance as he started to undress me.  My shirt came off over my head, exposing my bare chest.  Then, with the ripping sound of tape, the diaper plopped to the floor with a wet splat.  The sound made me laugh.

"There's a good girl." It wasn't too difficult to tell that Velvet hadn't been born a girl, not when looking at her naked like this - although her hormone therapy had been helping, it would pale in comparison to what was about to happen to her. "Up you get, you're going for a bath okay?" Except that the liquid was highly experimental, untested beyond basic theory, and she'd be completely immersed beneath it, and she'd be in there for many many hours while it changed her. "Don't be scared."

The water didn't feel like water.  It was slimy.  But the strange bubbling sensation made me giggle.  A bath!  I liked baths!  Right?  I climbed into the tub and looked up at Marlow with a big grin. "It tickles," I told him, as seriously as I could, like it was the most important thing in the world, then fell apart in laughter.  He moved a piece over my mouth and nose and tied it behind my head, then took off my glasses. The air smelled weird... like rubber or plastic.  And then I started to feel sleepy... I looked up at the blurry man as he helped me sit in the slimy water, and just as my eyes started to close, I felt myself submerge.

There were side effects, unknowns, nothing that Dr. Marlow considered worthwhile of being concerned over; not for the payoff that the chemical promised if it were to deliver. Should all go well, in the seven hours that passed, Velvet Duke would emerge as new woman; her skin soft and doll-like, unmistakably feminine, her features softened, her hair like a small child's, as though never kissed by the toxins of the world. She'd look in the mirror and see a face she scarcely recognized. And if she had to deal with hyper sensitive skin, incontinence, trouble holding onto thoughts, or whatever else might happen as an aside, wasn't that worth it?

-------------

Sorry for the delay!  Kingdom Hearts DLC came out. :blush:  Remember to Like & Comment!  

• Like 4

Care coordinator... changed? Colette’s door shut and crocodile shoes in charge? It’s not Colette’s usual day off, right?

And finally, Annie out of reach.

Winter is coming.

Dollars to diapers, Colette, for whatever reason, isn't aware of this special bath... Let's hope there are no devastating side effects. But it is totally experimental and untried.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:28 PM, Sophie ♥ said:

She's look

oops... this right at the end of the chapter.

39.) Her Eyes

I sat upright, feeling nauseous and dizzy. The milk had left my system, but I didn’t feel wholly right. I couldn’t place it at first - just a weird tingling all over. Then I realized what it was. I was cold.  No, I was freezing! I stumbled out of the tub and slipped on Marlow’s carpet, skinning my knee on the carpet. And in one instant, I felt all the pain of an entire lifetime. Worse than the electric shocks. Worse than anything. And I screamed bloody murder.

Marlow had been there the entire time, he'd done his work like she didn't even exist, and when she got up, when she fell down, he didn't even look up. Not immediately. As her screams turned to sobs, the man stood up and approached her, he knelt down next to her, and he cuddled her naked body in his arms. It seemed comforting, but for the doctor it was more about examination, making inventory of the changes he'd wrought upon her. But still, it was being held.

My vision blurred from the pain.  Tears poured down my cheeks.  I looked down at my bare legs, but they looked... different.  No hair, not even the light wispy ones.  The skin was so soft, so pink... and my knee was barely bleeding.  Why did it hurt so badly?

"Y-you fucking m-monster!" I shouted up at the doctor.  But he took just one look at me and froze.  Not in fear, but in... surprise. "Interesting," he muttered to himself, and I shoved him as hard as I could.

Dr. Marlow reached into the pocket of his coat and fumbled for a moment, finding in a second later what he was reaching for: a small penlight. With no regard for her comfort or otherwise, he clicked the light on brightly and shone it into each of her eyes, one each at a time, observing the response. "Dilation seems functional, but my lord that color. Brilliant. Vibrant." This was a problem, this was an oversight, this would forever brand those who'd been through this treatment and... oh. Oh no. No no this was good! He grinned, he smiled wider, muttered to himself. "Brilliant, yes, this is brilliant. Marked for life. Identifiable. Humanely so, too, oh they'll eat it up, child."

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" My composure was gone.  It had all trickled away, with the milk, with the bath, with the horrible, horrible pain.  I climbed to my feet, completely naked, and wiped my tears away.  I was so goddamn cold, my teeth were chattering.

"Take a look for yourself child, there's a mirror in the corner." Marlow didn't get up off the floor, not out of exhaustion or anything of the sort; but because he had his recorder in his other pocket and he had notes to dictate; notes he didn't need to get up to record. How remarkable...

He was tricking me.  Right?  But as he fumbled for a recorder in his pocket, I looked across the room at the mirror.  Carefully, trembling, I took a step toward the glass.  With each step, I could feel the fibers of the carpet on my bare feet.  But when I stood in front of the mirror, it wasn't me that looked back.  It was some... girl.  Sure, we had the same hair color, and maybe we were the same height, and sure we both had cocks, but... but that wasn't me.  It was a girl, with rosy cheeks, with soft features, with gorgeous blue eyes.  I reached up to touch the mirror, and the girl reached back.  It... it was a trick?  I... I didn't understand.

"...much more speculator than anticipated. Will review discomfort and pain for the procedure in post-production interviews, but considering the results this seems irrelevant." Marlow was busy dictating into his recorder when Velvet approached him again, grabbed at his coat, tried to shake him. "Fascinating!" He reached up, touched her face, pulled her lower eyelid down, even as she struggled and screamed and cursed. "Your focus seems tightened? Could it be your glasses aren't required now?"

I shoved him as hard as I could, but the force stung my palms.  I recoiled from the attack and held my arms tight around myself.  My teeth continued to chatter and stars filled my eyes. "Wh-what is this...?  What did you do to me?  You... you fucking..."

"It's metamorphosis, it's magnificent. My magnum opus, my greatest achievement." He finally stood up, began to pace in front of his desk, rambling to himself and even pretending she wasn't even there. This was so exciting, this was so enthralling! This would secure unlimited funding, expand the program. "Oh and your eyes, your pretty pretty eyes. Free citizens will know you were a product of this program for the rest of your life."

"My eyes..." I looked up at him, through the stars, and over at the tub of bubbling water.  Suddenly, it started to sink in.  That girl... that girl in the mirror... and that tub.  He... he made me look like that?  Like... I shook my head and balled my hands so tight that they ached. "PUT ME BACK!  FIX IT, NOW!" As I screamed, my voice went a little too high, into a squeal.  That... that never used to happen.

"Oh I'm afraid that would be both impossible and undesirable; you're perfect now, Velvet. You're much more perfect than Annie, than failed attempts. Look at you, you're a girl, you're beautiful, you're... soft." Soft. That was a good word. Marlow had Softened her. And boy had he. He picked her up, easily, effortlessly, took her back to the mirror. "Be a lamb now and help me to notate your changes."

As he picked me up, my skin stung from the pressure.  But his body warmth was intoxicating.  I clung to him.  I thought I'd die... I thought without some heat, I'd get hypothermia.  But as he plopped me in front of the mirror, I was faced again with reality.  With a face that wasn't mine.  Those... eyes... I exhaled sharply, shaking my head. "You're lying... fix it.  Fix it!"

"Oh but I did fix it, Velvet, I did fix it." He put his hand on her shoulder and she trembled, and he watched her with narrow eyes. "Quite sensitive, aren't you?" He flipped his hand, ran the coarse back of it down her exposed shoulder, down her arm, taking in the results with fascination.

I winced at the pain and tried to shove him away again.  But it wasn't working.  Any time he touched me, any time I touched anything, it stung.  I couldn't stop shivering.  How long would it take?  My skin would have to get used to sensations again.  An hour?  Or a day?  I couldn't live like this, in this constant tingling.  It was so... distracting... "Fuck you... fuck..."

"Oh can you think of the irony, Velvet? Dangerous criminals like you, turned out into the world, strikingly beautiful, pretty branded eyes that mark you for life, and sensitivity that makes you soft and compliant? I wonder... if many of you will wind up in sexual servitude once released?" He thought about that, tapping his chin, then shook his head. "I suppose that doesn't matter. Now stand still, child, there's notes to make and pictures to take."

I kept fighting, I kept screaming, I kept up every form of resistance I could.  But Marlow manhandled me with ease, knowing of my sensitivity to touch.  In the end, I was turned out into the hall wearing nothing but a white robe and my glasses.  No diaper.  No girly clothes.  That should have been a victory... but it wasn't.  I stared blankly at my feet.

-------------

I'll be out of town this week, so chapters will be randomly updated.

Remember to Like & Comment!  Check us out on Patreon!

• Like 4

I wonder if a partnership formed behind closed doors. Marlow handles the nurochemical and Colette takes care of the hypnosis? That would certainly be an interesting twist. Furthermore, what if the whole review panel was just bullshit to get Velvet to design a hypnosis system and Colette and Marlow aren't as opposed as everyone thinks now if Marlow isn't allowed to do hypnosis?

31 minutes ago, littleTomás said:

I wonder if a partnership formed behind closed doors. Marlow handles the nurochemical and Colette takes care of the hypnosis? That would certainly be an interesting twist. Furthermore, what if the whole review panel was just bullshit to get Velvet to design a hypnosis system and Colette and Marlow aren't as opposed as everyone thinks now if Marlow isn't allowed to do hypnosis?

:o Good theory!!

I thought Velvet would not care so much about her aspect and just focus on keeping them out of her mind.

For what Herr Marlow knew, she could come out blind or completely loose her skin, since apparently this was the first test on a human being. 

And still he has no idea if there could be any long term/chronic side effects, such as skin cancer or similar.

Literally, gambling on the skin of inmates ?

This will be interesting to see how the others--especially Colette--react. And provided there aren't any serious complications later on, it appears Marlow has achieved his goal: A way to transform any and all "patients" on an assembly line. Not through hypnosis, but chemical metamorphosis.

40.) Her Surrender

Ayla was the first to notice the quiet girl, because girls who went into Dr. Marlow's office often came out in tears, or otherwise damaged, she was the first to cross the common room to her and wrap her up in a hug. And being so close, she was privy to a lot of the changes immediately, too. "Velvet... what...?"

I shook my head and tried to push her off me, but she wouldn't let me go.  Wrapped in this robe, I was warm and safe.  The fabric cushioned her touch, her hug.  It still ached, just a little, but it was bearable for all the heat. "Dun wanna talk about it," I muttered under my breath.

"Are those contacts?" A lot of people didn't notice the color of other people’s eyes, but when you were locked up and didn't see many people it was easier. Beyond that, Velvet's eyes almost seemed to glow; the blue looked ethereal, unnatural, beautiful. "Come on, there's some cookies on the table, come talk to us okay?"

"Belbet!" Annie was heard before she was seen and she tackled-glomped onto her self-proclaimed-best-friends back.

I let out a loud scream as Annie tackled me into the wall.  I felt blood vessels under my skin pop.  I would bruise before the day was over.  Worse yet, the scream drew the attention of all the girls, and two of the orderlies by the door.  Fresh tears formed in my eyes.  I... I couldn't.  I couldn't do this.  I shoved Annie off me and ran for my room.

The scream made Annie cry, it made the other girls stare, it made Ayla worried, and it summoned the only other true adult in the wing; it had me open my door and look out - only to see Ayla pointing toward the recently-slammed door of Velvet's room. I hurried to close my office door and fumbled to power-step to Velvet's room; what had happened? What did Marlow do to her? If he hurt her...

We weren't allowed to have our doors closed, but I didn't care.  I didn't really care about anything anymore.  I looked through the lenses of my glasses at my palms, red and sore from shoving Marlow, from shoving Annie.  Annie... would this happen to her too?  Would it happen to all the girls...?

Knock knock. One. Twice. Then I opened the door, and I used my keys to lock it from the inside one I did. Velvet was tucked into the corner, between the bed and the wall, and I made sure not to approach her too quickly. "Velvet darling, it's me. It's Colette."

I didn't say anything.  I kept my head down, hiding my face.  My new face.  My old face was gone.  Was Marlow lying about fixing it?  Could it be done?  But what I knew of science, I couldn't imagine how.  She stepped closer - I could hear her feet on the carpet.  Then I felt the air move around me as she leaned down.  I could feel everything...

I approached slowly, deliberately, made sure there was no surprise even as I knelt down in front of her to put myself on her level. Her knees were red and shiny, almost polished looking, and her skin was soft... had he waxed her? Epilated her? She'd had hair treatment already though, but this seemed different... she looked... almost newborn. "Honey talk to me, what happened?"

"Leave me alone," I muttered under my breath.  I felt her hand on my knee, and I twitched involuntarily.  Then I felt her hand withdraw.  She was going to figure it out.  She was going to see what he did to me.  So I lowered my legs to the ground and looked up at her.  A different face.  Different eyes.

I was silent. Awe? No. Wonder? No. Shock? No. Just. Silent. I had to pick my words very carefully, but this level of alteration, this level of surgery, how had he? Even if he had a surgeon on site she'd be covered in bandages and scarring and swelling. What had he done to her? How had he done to her? "You always were the prettiest one here, Velvet." It was the best thing I could think of to say.

The way I looked at her... it wasn't anything she'd seen before.  Even though my eyes were different, the expression was entirely not me.  It was... hurt.  Betrayed.  Ill.  I let out a small, quiet sigh and looked down at the floor.  What she saw in me was... surrender.  I'd given up.

"What happened, honey, what did he do to you? I don't want to be insensitive... I can see you're hurting, you might even be in shock. But the more you can tell me the more I can do to stop him hurting others." While talking, I did my best to get my hand into hers, to hold it, to squeeze it; she was so soft now, what had he done? And her eyes..

I shook my head.  I couldn't do this.  I couldn't explain it to her.  I couldn't start this conversation.  I couldn't start any conversation... "I'd like to sleep," I muttered.  Fighting, kicking, screaming... it all took so much out of me.  I needed to sleep...

"C'mere." I didn't mean to disregard her, but Velvet was flagged as a suicide risk based on her high intellect when she'd been apprehended, and I didn't like the idea of her being alone or unsupervised, especially given her history. So I picked her up and pulled her into my arms, putting her head to my shoulder so I could play with the nape of her neck and stroke her hair. Like a child.

I clung to Colette and closed my eyes.  She was so warm... I'd never appreciated body heat like I did now.  I never wanted to be held so desperately.  Colette helped me up off the floor and onto the bed, then she fished out a fresh diaper for me.  I didn't fight.  I didn't protest.  I just... let her.  What was the point anymore?

It was unprofessional for me to lay with her. I was her doctor. I was here to monitor her progress and her recovery, not to change her diapers and cuddle her in her bed. But the door was locked and I was in here and as much as anybody knew, this was therapy. So even when we were laying in her bed, even once she was diapered without a protest, I cuddled close to her back and played with her hair. And I sang. I sang to her.

Exhaustion was overwhelming.  Consciousness was fleeting.  I drifted in and out, dizzy with dreams.  Maybe all this was a dream... maybe all this was a lie.  I felt the bed move; I could feel everything now.  Colette climbing out of bed.

"I'll keep you safe," she whispered to me. "What's the point?" I whispered back, half asleep. "We have to fix Annie, right?" "Can't do anything... can't fix it... can't fix myself..." There was a quiet between us as I drifted off again.

"What's the point," I repeated sleepily, "my library can't fix this..."

Library?  Colette wondered if... but before she could ask, Velvet had fallen asleep.

-------------

Remember to Like & Comment!  Check us out on Patreon!

• Like 5

Oh how the mighty have fallen. It's like the saying goes "If you can't take the kid from the fight, take the fight from the kid." (sit back, relax, sit back, relapse) :D

Grammar Patrol

41 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

only to see Ayla pointed to the recently slammed door of Velvet's room.

*point

*recently-slammed

1 hour ago, Sophie ♥ said:

"What's the point," I repeated sleepily, "my library can't fix this..."

Library?  Colette wondered if... but before she could ask, Velvet had fallen asleep.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Good! I love it! ?:cute-baby-smiley-emoticon:

2 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Finally gettin' to the GOOD STUFF!!

You mean, someone will trip on croc shoelaces and end up sitting on the tip of a syringe full of fast-acting regression serum?

41.) Her Revenge

"Velvet, can you come here a minute?"

It was before dinner.  I'd taken my breakfast bottle without hesitation.  I'd been in the delirium all morning, and, honestly... it was the best I'd felt since yesterday.  My skin was still sensitive to touch.  My diaper was almost perpetually wet - what was the point in holding it, anyway?  And my eyes, still... that bright, brilliant blue... Colette led me into her office and I sat down quietly on her sofa.  We were supposed to work on the headset today.  The Induction file was complete; that was all a skilled hypnotherapist would need to help people like Annie.  But we had planned for more: perfect automation.  That meant I had to write more programs.

"How was your day?" I'd start it simple, and then work up from there, attempting to gauge at what point her cooperation and submission faded into disinterested ennui. "Was your lunch good? What did you get up to today? How are you feeling? Would you like to help me with our project for the evening?" Probing. Scanning.

I didn't say anything.  I watched my feet.  Not my feet.  Soft, gentle feet.  Cute feet.  I closed my eyes tight.  I couldn't escape it.  No matter where I went, I was constantly reminded about my changes.  Someone can't escape their own body... "Velvet?" I shook my head.  I didn't want to talk.  I just wanted more milk...

"Velvet, you know it's not polite to ignore when someone is talking to you, right?" I didn't know yet if it was surrender or submission, this would help to figure it out - but I didn't expect a response from her either way, if I was being honest. "I really do need your help, but you know, I think maybe you need mine right now..."

"No," I said, quietly, under my breath.  I felt Colette's presence as she leaned in to hear better.  I spoke up. "No.  I don't need your help right now.  I needed it yesterday!  I needed you to stop him!  I needed you to..." To save me?  I balled my hands into fists, so tight that I could feel my palms sting. "Just... leave me alone..."

I took those hands, those balled up hands, skin tender and fresh and sensitive, like this fully grown adult woman had just been born, and I held them in my own - I wrapped my fingers around hers and I willed her to feel my pulse, my warmth. "I'm sorry, Velvet."

I got up from the sofa and walked out of Colette's office.  I didn't want to play games today.  I didn't want her to try hypnotizing me.  I didn't want to work on my automated hypnosis project.  I didn't care about Annie's recovery.  I didn't care about this place.  I didn't even care about myself.  I sat down at the huge plastic table in the middle of the room and waited for my bottle.  Then, I could fade away from this place.

Some of the girls watched out of the corners of their eyes.  I knew they were talking about me.  What Marlow did to me.  It would be done to them, too, though.  Wouldn't it?  It would be done to everyone in this place... everyone who came here...

Then, as if fate deigned it, Marlow walked in through the checkpoint and went to his office.  I watched quietly, like time had frozen.  Then, I started to move.  I went to his door and knocked roughly with my new, fragile hands.

There was no answer at first, no response; even though it was obvious that he'd just gone in there, Dr. Marlow didn't seem to care that someone was knocking - not until he decided it was time to check the door, anyway. He opened it, gruff and curt, but actually smiled when he saw his new little project waiting for him. "Well hello there, child."

"May I come in?" I asked him.  He moved aside and let me through.  He didn't think I was a threat, not anymore.  Now I was just another broken girl, along with all the others.  Just like Annie.

Everything in my life had been pre-meditated.  My schooling, my college, my doctorate all before I turned twenty.  My sneaking around with Roger behind his wife's back.  Even killing those twelve guilty people, for killing my brother.  Everything was planned well in advance.  Everything was thought out.

This wasn't.  I took my glasses off my face and bent the wires, until the lenses came loose.  I took the square of plexiglass in my hand and held it tight, lighting up my pain receptors, drawing blood.

Last week, when Colette had given me that pencil sharpener, I'd broken it.  I took the razor blade, but I knew she'd ask for it back.  So I popped out the lens of my glasses and sharpened the edges, before fitting it back into the frames.  All this time, I'd been walking around with a weapon on my face and no one knew any better.  Why would I do that?  For protection.  Or to kill myself, if things got really bad.  But now... now I had a better purpose.

"What can I help you with?" Marlow asked me, with that sickly smile, with those shining, excited eyes...

Those eyes...

I pounced on him like a tiger to a gazelle.  I brought him down to the floor, despite his height, despite my size, despite all the pain it caused me.

"ORDERLIES!" he shouted, but it was too late.  I took the shard of glass and jabbed it deep into his eye, spurting blood all over my dress.  He screamed.  He screamed like a little bitch.

I ripped the shard out from his eye and plunged it into the other.  No more eyes.  No more shining, excited eyes.  No, now he looked like the monster he was.  He was the monster; I was the hero.

There was a lot of screaming - Marlow's screaming was one of the loudest things to ever come out of his own office, and that agonizing wail that followed the call for security, the ruckus that transpired because of that, that just set off every single girl in the main room into crying and sobbing, too - every single one of them conditioned to fear extreme situations. It might have taken one or two orderlies to hold Velvet usually, but she didn't even seem to struggle as one retrained her; nor did she seem to feel the bleeding from her own hand. The entire scene was... chaos.

"Oh Velvet..." I didn't even make it past the doorway... and I barely flinched as the medical team pushed past me. "What have you done...?"

Marlow writhed on the floor.  Blood poured from his face as he kicked and screamed.  Orderlies came over to help him, but he shoved them away.  Was he crying?  You couldn't tell anymore, not without eyes... a smile washed over my face.

"Velvet." Colette got in my line of sight.  I looked up at her with that same smile, then a touch of confusion.  Huh...?

"Velvet, honey, darling... this isn't good, they're going to take you, okay?  They're going to lock you up, but don't fight, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay." Not an ounce of argument in my voice.  Not an ounce of regret.

-------------

Remember to Like & Comment! ^_^ Check us out on Patreon!

• Like 5

Oh wow! O_O I did NOT expect that! I guess Velvet was a bit too clever for them this time. Sure, she could've easily gone for the throat, but that wouldn't have been nearly as... poetic.

Marlow took her eyes, so she took his.