LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Velvet - A Calibeen Story (Complete!)

The Calibeen saga is a series of stories - Audrey & Staycee, Lottie, and Velvet - that follow the events of a correctional reformatory, intent on making the worst people into the best.  In as little as a year, patients leave the institution with a 0% reoffender rate.  But how do they do it?  These stories can be read in any order.

Audrey & Staycee
Lottie

Velvet is a prequel to Audrey & Staycee that explores the creation and refinement of the Calibeen institution.  Of the three stories, Velvet is the most ABDL-focused.  It takes a shotgun approach: hard and fast!  Diapers, hypnosis, drugs.  An expansive cast of characters, a hero, a villain!  Velvet tells a straightforward narrative that is easy to follow and fun to read.

Actually, this is sort of uncharted territory... Pudding and I have been working on Calibeen's final installment for years, and we don't even have a rough draft yet!  I'm actually hoping posting the few chapters we have complete will motivate us to finish this series.  Calibeen has been our white whale for almost seven years, and we are so eager to bring it to a close.  Anyway... wish us luck!

Complete PDF and ePub versions are up on Patreon!  Please consider supporting us! ^_^ 

~Sophie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Velvet
by: Sophie & Pudding

1.) Her New Home

"We have a new inmate today." I was in the small staff room adjacent to the security checkpoint, sipping on poorly made coffee with a sour look on my face. Everything about our budget here was in a pinch, but that was the nature of experimental deployments. Nobody wanted to invest too much into something without a proven track-record. Things would be different once Ayla graduated the program, which she certainly would in the coming weeks, perhaps the coming days. Dr. Janick nodded in recognition of the small-talk and eyed the coffee-machine skeptically, a sandwich in one of her hands. "Alexander Duke." "Mmhmm. The Round Table Committee is curious to see how the program takes with a more troubled case. Like killing people is the worst we've dealt with? Everybody wants to kill someone sometimes. So passé." "I did read in the report that the judge was on a 50/50 split between here and Pascatero. Kids a nutjob." "Well, he won't be when we're done with him. You know when he's gonna be here?" "He's outside the checkpoint at the moment, being processed. You're taking him, right?" "Yeah, I think so. By the time he's settled in, Ayla will be out, and we'll have a new intake again, so I'll have to make sure there're no setbacks." "I heard Marlow wanted him." "He would, but he's a hack. He just wants the recognition." "Last thing we need is another Annie."

I was guarded when the woman walked in the door. I sat still on the table and kicked my feet. She had a lab coat and nice shoes. But the kind of nice that could be nicer. Hm. Her hair was up. A clipboard in her hands. Taller than me, but then again, who wasn't? The orderly at my side stayed put. Like I could do anything with these handcuffs on...

"Alexander Duke." There was a plastic clipboard in my hand, made from a single sheet of pink perspex — wooden clipboards were not allowed in any correctional facilities — but I didn't need to read anything on the chart. Alexander Duke had murdered every member of the grand jury, the 12 people who had been party to his brother’s incarceration. That kind of thing made the news. "I am Doctor Clement, and I'll be overseeing your entry into the program here."

"...what is this place?" A hospital? A mental ward, probably. I was mandated here: experimental recovery for the mentally ill. That was all I was told. It certainly looked like a hospital. The rest of my life being fed and watching TV? It wasn't so bad. But it wasn't the rest of my life. My time was mandated between one and two years. I'd killed twelve people, and I had two years maximum in a hospital. How I'd gotten so lucky, I'd never know.

"This is your home for the duration of the program." Which answered nothing at all, but there was a certain rapport that had to be built up before he'd be allowed to expect useful answers. "I can see why the judge recommended you for treatment — slight of build, below-average testosterone levels, confident demeanor. I think you'll be an excellent candidate. You're going to be here for some time, so how about we break down this formality somewhat — you may call me Colette."

"I'm Alex," I said quietly, looking down at my feet. I didn't meet her gaze. I didn't act like I knew what I was doing or why I was here. I felt scared. Well, I looked like I felt scared. I was very good at acting. I swallowed hard and shuffled on the table, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"You prefer Alexander, but that's really neither here nor there — you'll be given a new designation as part of your enrollment here." He'd shown no remorse during the trial, no fear or discomfort or anything that might indicate that he had access to the fuller breadth of human interaction. The court hadn't deemed him sociopathic, but I'd certainly be curious myself. "Welcome to Project Calibeen. You will be rehabilitated and reeducated through unconventional an experimental means in effort to isolate and correct your behaviors." That all came from the marketing material, it was overly verbose and pointless. It didn't matter. In a few seconds, he'd start crying anyway. I could tell.

Tears fell down my cheeks. I shook my head and tried to wipe them away with my shoulders. I tried to hide it, or pretended to try to hide it. I could hardly talk right, and when I did, I sounded so pathetic... “I… I didn't even... I don't know what happened... I used to have these blank spots... just times I didn't remember things well, and then... s-sorry... sorry... n-nevermind..."

I nodded my head sympathetically, and cupped my hands together on the table, giving the boy a few precious moments of believing that what he was doing would work, before my look faded to a smirk. "Pretty baby face like yours, Alexander — that routine must work quite a lot. Don't worry, I can wait."

"Wh-what...?" I looked up at her with wet eyes, but she just smiled back at me. She saw through that? But it was perfect! I sighed a little and rubbed the water out of my eyes with my shoulders. Ugh. I guess this is what I get when I'm all over the news... "Fine. I know what I did. You got me." No point keeping up this charade... I'd have to settle on a new one.

"Things go a lot more smoothly here when we can trust one another, Alexander. In the end, you'e going to trust us implicitly either way, and it will go more positively for you if we find that we can trust you, early on. More privileges, less rules. Now, would you like to start this over, and we'll avoid the charades?" He wasn't anything new. I was actually kind of let down.

"...yeah, sure. Can I have these handcuffs off though?" She looked at me incredulously and I rolled my eyes. "You're like a foot taller than me, and you've got Godzilla over here." I nodded to the orderly. "You really think I'm stupid enough to try to attack you? If you do, then you're the stupid one."

"Not at all, Alexander. You're not in handcuffs because anybody is afraid of you — you killed with planning and the more efficient ways possible. Which meant sneaking up on people. You're clearly not anything other than a tiny little coward, so nobody is afraid of you." The male ego was the first thing to show up to a fight, and the first to fall as a result. "You're cuffed to remind you that you're no longer in control."

"Of course not." Her attitude bothered me. She was... unique. Hm... "Why would I want to be in control? I'm here for help, Doctor Colette." I could see it on her name plate on the desk. Nicolette Clement. Did she not like her full name? So many questions. "So what now? How do I get better?"

There was no doubt in my mind that this wouldn't be the boy’s last face he showed to me. Compliant and penitent. Did he think we were new at this? I smiled at him anyway, nodding my head slowly. "I'm going to introduce you to your fellow inmates, and appoint you a bedroom. You'll be sharing it with..." Curiously, I wondered how admin had arranged things, and flipped a few pages on the clipboard. "Annie."

"Lead the way," I said with a smile. And to my delight, she did just that. I slid off the examination table as she passed and wrapped my cuffed hands around her neck. With a kick at her heels, we both fell backward onto the floor, the chain of the handcuffs choking her throat. The orderly rushed to remove me, but I kept the girl's neck tight against my chest, strangling her. "I sure would hate to be without these handcuffs," I chimed with a smile. "I might feel in control!'

There was a very simple strategy that we were all taught during training for working in this program, though I'd been taught it in countless former roles as well. I went limp. I didn't struggle. The less I struggled, the easier it would be for the orderly to deal with the boy. And he did, too. Not with violence. With a shot into his neck. And just as soon as the stars appeared for me, he blacked out. "Are you okay, Doctor?" "Fine. Four-point him in the white room," the spare room that we didn't use as a bedroom, but likely would as we expanded. "Have him diapered, and give him a fluids drip. We'll try this interview again in 24 hours."

A reaction. That's what I wanted. She'd learn to accept me, or she'd get hurt. The truth of the matter. I didn't care that I was left in the room alone. I didn't care that I was fastened to the bed, that I could feel myself urinate into the diaper on my waist. I wasn't hungry, because of the IV. I was content. I got her to react. Was aggressive, angry, violent Alex the Alex she wanted to deal with for the next two years? I could do that. Or she'd change her mind. Accept an easier Alex to handle. And I'd use it against her. Psychology made life so easy.

• Like 7

Yep!  It spoils a little bit about A&S, but A&S spoils a little bit about Velvet.  So either way works.

I will say, both A&S and Lottie will be fully posted long before Velvet finishes up though!  This one is still being worked on, but the other two are complete.

Im glad you're liking it. ^_^ 

Oh wow! A psychopathic killer trying to out-psychology the psychologist! I was originally planning on reading these in the order they were written in, but damn! One chapter in & I'm already hooked!

And the fact that this one will be slower to update actually works out well for me. I don't really like to binge-read and I don't have the time anymore if I wanted to.

I am soooooo psyched for this story! :D

2.) Her New Name

"Being violent is no more you than crying remorse is, Alexander." He was still on the table, and smelled of pee, and I stood close as could be. He needed to know that he hadn't rattled me. "If only you would put as much energy into showing me who you are, instead of who you aren't. Doctorate at your age, private practice, financially secure and a bright future. Being someone so remarkable, I'd have thought you'd be proud of who you were."

"You didn't like who I was," I said plainly. Why do they always do this? I want to get to know who you really are, they'd say! Everybody. Lawyers. Doctors. Friends. Of course I test the waters. I'm not exciting or anything. I just pick more exciting things to be. "You said you wouldn't take off the handcuffs. You didn't want me to feel like me." Ugh, she was so boring...

"Well, Alexander, you can let your reputation define you, or your actions. That's quite up to you." In the end, we would be the ones defining him. But he was far too wound up in his self- absorbed crusade to realize something so obvious. "There is a system here. The system is immovable, indisputable. If you fail the system, you'll go to a real jail for the rest of your natural life. If you exist within the system, move with it, allow it to move you at times, you'll be out of here in 18-24 months and back to your boyfriend."

The mention of Roger rattled me, but it didn't show. I was a professional. I could get in a state where nothing showed. Often, I was in that state perpetually. I opened my eyes and looked around for the woman. She was behind me, at the head of the bed. "Whatever you say." Boring, boring, boring. Maybe this Colette chick wasn't as interesting as I thought she was. Maybe playing with her wasn't worth it. Whatever...

"Honestly, Alexander, I think you're smart enough to understand what our plans are for you, and to understand the concepts at play." And then, the exploit, the weakness. The catch under the skin that I could pull up with. "I think you'll agree that it’s for the best."

"I am sure to concede that." Because if I didn't, I couldn't stay here, right? Follow the rules, or I could go to jail. Boys my size don't do well in jail. I closed my eyes and sighed. I guess I was done with Doctor Colette. Maybe there'd be somebody else I could entertain...

"Project Calibeen is a treatment program designed to break down the bonds of attachment to a criminal's current persona, and to rebuild their psyche as a demographic far less likely to reoffend." He'd see more when I gave him the tour, he'd understand better. For now, he understood most, this: I unbuckled him from the bed. No orderly. Nobody to intervene. No restraints. And no fear from me at all.

I rubbed my wrists and looked at the woman. First time I wasn't in some kind of cuffs for most of a week. It felt nice to be able to move my arms again. She led the way out of the room and I hesitated on the edge of it. She really didn't care? I stood up and shifted on my feet. The diaper I had on was cold and damp. Over it a hospital gown. Aside from the glasses on my nose, I was wearing nothing else.  I didn't know why she didn't just cath me.

"There are seven inmates at the moment. You will be rooming with Annie. As well, there is Ayla, Kinata, Charity, Lemon, Bree and Estar." He had a proper name listed on file, one that I'd had the privilege to select upon being assigned the boy’s case. He would be Velvet. I waited at the door for the boy to follow through into the common room, where five girls were sitting. Two of them were playing a board-game, another was reading and two more were sitting very close on the sofa, painting each others nails. Ayla and Annie were absent.

They were dressed young. Like little girls. Not completely, but mostly. And they were all taller than me. No surprise. I mean, sometimes girls were smaller than me... but not that often. She took me over to introduce us and I realized. They weren't girls. They were guys. "...well that's interesting.”

I grinned a little bit in a moment of pride and nodded to the boy. "I suspected you'd think so. An overwhelming amount of crimes are committed by an overwhelmingly small demographic. We transplant from one to the other, and turn out results that are generations ahead of traditional correctional facilities." There was a personal vested interest for me, of course — this project was significantly my baby. Though I hadn't been on the planning committee, I'd been a consultant from an early point.

"...guys favor masculinity. Taking it away... making them childish girls. It's smart. Really..." I never thought about it, but it makes so much sense. Two of the girls were listening to us talk. If I wasn't in the hospital gown, they might even think I was a new doctor! "Of course, it won't work on me. I'm a 5'2 gay boy. I don't quite fit your demographic." Tragically, her plans had holes. Every plan did.

"Not quite, no. But Kinata doesn't speak English at all — she was Triad — and we worked just fine on her. Admittedly, the program is limited in scope and budget, but success with you will certainly help make the case. Criminal behavior doesn't mind if you're gay, so our treatment methods need to be as open minded." One of the girls, Lemon, and the friend she was sitting with, Bree, were looking at the two of them, now, and Lemon piped up. "Your dress is weird."

I looked down at the dress in question. My hospital gown. I nodded my head a little and smiled up at the boy. Girl. I'd have to pick a pronoun sooner or later. "Yes. Yes it is. Thank you for noticing." Oh, I liked this place! I liked this place a lot! Finally, something exciting!

"You should wear a prettier one." Lemon nodded, not just dressed small, not just made to look that way — but precious the way that only a child could be. Blunt in that way that showed just how good the work we did here was. "Velvet will wear a pretty dress just like yours very soon, Lemon, darling. I think it's your turn though? Is Bree going to win?" "No! I'm gonna!" "Nope. I'm winning, I gots seven hotels!"

Velvet? Was I missing something? Colette led me down to the wall with doors, into one of the rooms. There were two bunk beds, four beds in total, but only one girl. She sat on the bed on the left. I crossed my arms, looking the place over. It sure was designed for little girls, even if it was designed poorly. Or more likely, on a budget. "That's Annie. She'll be your roommate." "Hi Annie." I waved. She could have actually been a girl. But she wasn't. It wouldn't make sense for the program.

"Hullo." Immediately, Annie was different to the others out there. She didn't just look like a small child girl, she spoke like one, too. Her voice was chipper, and excitable, and her vowels clipped in a way that only toddlers ever did. And as soon as she was done with the greeting, she grinned and stuck the tip of her thumb between her lips. "Annie, honey, no thumb thumb. It's a big girl day, remember?" "Yahuh... sowwy." "Annie is... special, among our patients. She was one of our first."

"...hm..." They made a mistake. She'd been here a while. That much was obvious. They did something, and they weren't fixing it. Couldn't, maybe? They were such... amateurs. I walked into the room without prompting and picked the bed across from Annie's. We both had the bottom bunks. "May I have this bed, please?" “Uh huh." "Thank you very much." So I sat down. Ugh, cold diaper... I needed to shower.

"Wha's your name?" "Annie, this is Velvet. She's gonna share your room, okay?" "Belbet!" "No, honey, Velvet. Vvvvv. Like the sound a vacuum makes. Remember?" "Vvvv!! Velvet!" Annie grinned, and I clapped my hands for her. Obviously, she was unique. Unique because Marlow had fucked her up. And Alexander wasn't too dumb to as not have noticed.

"...wait, that's my name?” Okay, so Alexander was a stupid name. A boring name. But Velvet...? Fuck, it's like Colette went into a stupid name book and decided to make her own that knocked out the top five. "Yeah, I'm not going by Velvet. What about like, Ally. Nah, too close to my name, right? Gotta dissociate. Maybe Brooke? How homey..."

"Your name was selected, vetted, tested against the criteria of the program," nothing remotely androgynous, "and approved by the Round Circle Committee. It wasn't simply a snap judgement." "Velvet is a cute name!" Annie was giddy, and she was bouncing on her mattress some, her thumb tip back between her lips. "Annie, please, grown-up day."

This place was so radically disorganized. Like it would ever be a threat to me. "Yeah, I don't think so. Get me a different one in the next day or two, or I'll go by Brooke." My first stance against Colette. She needed to know, despite my enjoying all this, I wasn't going to cooperate so easily. And unfortunately, I wasn't the type of person her methods could manipulate. Dresses were actually pretty cool sometimes!

"Interesting that you're so easily rattled by a name, I would have thought you'd be far more secure in yourself than that, Velvet. It's just a name, and Brooke doesn't meet the criteria set out for naming convention by the board. You're going to be Velvet, and I suggest you get used to it because it'll be your legal name when we're done here." I'd given him an explanation, which was more than I usually gave. I hoped he'd see the fact that I respected him.

Legal name? I frowned. "You can't change my name." "No, I can give you a name." "I have a name..." I didn't understand. I just watched her in the door, smiling. What the hell was she talking about. She didn't have any power like that... that was against the law...

"You should understand where your strengths are, Velvet. Psychologically brilliant, but law isn't one of them. What we are doing is sanctioned and supported under the current party policy. A prisoner costs more per year than college, and is 72% likely to reoffend. Our program costs the same, but has a zero reoffender rate to date. This program is the future, and I promise you that we have full support. Your legal name will be Velvet Duke, when you graduate the program. Is it worth fighting over?"

"I'm not responding to it," I said flatly. She was kidding. She couldn't just... ugh. What a bitch. Such a nice place, but the staff needed work. And if Colette was the one that made Annie like this? She was more pathetic than I thought. I had no time to associate with such hopeless doctors.

"Well, Velvet, give it time. We'll see how the pieces fall, won't we?" His name would be Velvet. Velvet to the staff, Velvet to the other inmates. Velvet would be a name that would overwhelm him, and nobody lasted all that long. She didn't have to justify why she knew it would work, just that it would. It always did.

• Like 5

I love this guy! Alexander/Velvet is such an interesting Protagonist! It's like I hang on every word he says or thought he thinks. There are few fictional characters that do that to me. One of them is my profile picture & name sake!

Sooo... Maybe im being selfish... I mean, y'all do write a lot for us.... But please please pleeeeaaase can we maybe get update? Im very intrigued in how the "old" facility handles the girls, why is Annie the way she is, how long till velvet loses her marbles, and seeing this back and forth with velvet and Collette makes me wonder exactly what little twists are in store for them? 

With desperation and love

Eevee

Hiya!  Sorry for the time away. :blush: Generally speaking, I don't post on the weekends.  I'm just too busy with other stuff.  And Velvet is going to be slower than our usual stories because Pudding and I are still actively writing it as I post.  But I'll get you a new chapter today. ^_^ Thanks for sticking with us!

3.) Her First Bottle

Colette left me alone in the room and I let out a sigh. Annie was sitting on the bed playing with her fingers in her lap. "You don't have any underwear I could have, do you?" "Um... top drawer... but..." "Thank you." I went to the top drawer. Panties. Of course panties. Not even like, real panties. Childish cotton ones. I sighed and untaped the diaper. This was so pointless.

"We not s'posa share clothes. Is against the rules." There were very specific rules in place here, sometimes governing very esoteric concepts. But each rule served a purpose, even if the inmates couldn't discern it, and most learned not to cross them. "You will gets your own undies, uhhuh. Special ones."

"I'm sure I will." I balled up the wet diaper and tossed it in the trash can by the bed. I tugged the new underwear up over my body and sifted through her dresser. Pajamas. Dresses. No normal clothes. I should have expected that. Maybe the hospital gown wasn't such a bad idea for now. But then again, I wanted to demonstrate that this place didn't phase me. I grabbed one of Annie's nightgowns and pulled it over my head. "Just like a five year old. Wonderful." I said it with sarcasm, but with a smile. This place was so weird.

"You lucky, you gots Miss Lolette." Annie wasn't so comfortable with strangers, and lived in perpetual anxious childish worry over saying the wrong thing, or upsetting them, which would bring her to tears. This was a statement she felt had no other meaning, though. Colette was much sweeter than Marlow.

"...so she's going to be my doctor the whole time I'm here?" Annie nodded. At least Colette was easy to handle, even if she was a little boring. Overconfidence. That was her biggest issue. She'd never met me before. She didn't stand a chance. "So what now? Do you have any books?" "Breakfast is soon." "Cool. I'm starving."

"I fink you will get baba for breakfast tho. Cause tha's what new girl get for breakfast 'til they are good girls, but if you're not a good girl, you will have babas for longer, but then after you get pancakes uhhuh!" Little pancake rolls were the breakfast de jour once the inmates were allowed food. For breakfast, Annie refused to eat anything else.

"A bottle...?" Like a baby bottle? Hm. I guess the childishness to the outfits and to Annie were not exclusive incidents. They didn't want us to be young girls. They wanted us to be baby girls. I shrugged. I wasn't threatened. "Okay, sounds good. Come on, you can show me to the table."

Annie did just that. She fumbled with the door knob, and went out to the common room, one quarter of which was tiled and had a table big enough for twice the number of inmates present. "This is where I sit, an' this is where Ayla sits an' this is where Lemon sits, an' then Bree sits here an' Kinny sits there an' then Charity always sits there wif Estar."

"...okay." The place was big. I mean, there was only one room. Five doors on one wall, one to each bedroom. Except the end one - that one had the white walls. Everything was carpeted, soft and plush, except one section, this section, where the table was. There was a kitchenette, something that couldn't do real cooking. A large table on the other end of the room. A TV and a sofa. Bean bag chairs. Blocks. Legos. It was a playroom. A very large playroom. Then, on the opposite wall, closer to the glass window, there was a door I came in yesterday. And two other doors. One was Colette's office. The other I didn't know... "Where can I sit?"

"Um. You can sit there, uhhuh." Both seats on either side of Annie were taken — by Ayla and Lemon respectively. It seemed the underdeveloped girl (or overdeveloped?) was endearing to the others, and they liked to protect her. Protect her from what though, or who? That hadn't come up yet. So she seat she pointed to was right across from here, next to where Kinata would sit.

I sat down, shuffling into the table. Another girl was already sitting down, even before the food came out. Annie took her seat and I inspected the room. Lights above us. Cameras in little black balls in the corners. I crossed my arms. It seemed very boring, all in all...

There was a chime from the ceiling, an unknown source of sound, and without the benefit of any clocks, it was all there was to go by. "Tha means breakfast soon, uhhuh." "It means 5 minutes until mealtime, actually. I'm Bree. You must be Velvet, right?" Bree had dark colored skin, and in many ways was much prettier than the others here.

"Alexander, actually," I said with a smile. If Colette wanted to play the name game with me, then fine. I'd pick one extreme and she'd pick another. Eventually, we'd settle somewhere in the middle. Even if it wasn't Brooke. I could be Matilda. I always liked that movie.

There were a few gasps, not just from Bree and Annie, but from the two girls on the sofa who had overheard, and Annie put her hand over the boy’s mouth, looking scared as heck. "SHHHH!!!" Bree looked over her shoulder at the other door, the one that wasn't Colette's office, and then back at the newcomer quietly. "It's forbidden to use our birth-names. A Level 3 punishment."

Annie finally took her hand off my mouth. I sighed. Everyone was so touchy here... "I'm willing to take my chances," I said flatly. Honestly, they hadn't demonstrated to me they could really do anything. I wasn't being realistic - these girls were once boys, right? But they got them this way through shame and humiliation. I didn't respond to either of those things.

"Well, I did try to warn you." Bree shook her head and looked down at her painted nails, then across at Annie, ignoring the boy for now. "Did you find your other sock, Annie?" "Nuh... think it is under my bed but I can't move it and its too dark so too scary to look under..." "Well, how about I come look with you, after breakfast?"

Food came out a little while later. By then, the girls had all made their way over to the table. Seven of them. One of me. Bree. Annie. Lemon was the girl that commented about my clothes earlier. That's all I knew off hand. Some girls got porridge. Some girls got pancake rolls. I got a bottle. One bottle. I sighed. "Can't I have something with the bottle?" I asked one of the orderly. He walked away without answering. "Great..."

"You have to earn real food." Bree nodded, with porridge in front of her. It was hard to tell if that was what she meant by real food. Annie had pancake rolls, which should have been more adult, but apparently wasn't, and she picked them up with her fingers, getting syrup all over them and not a care in the world.

I put the bottle in my mouth and sipped at it. The milk was warm. I took the bottle out and stuck out my tongue. "They couldn't like... refrigerate this?" It wasn't even milk. It was like formula or something. I sighed and put the bottle down, watching the milk swirl around. What a stupid manipulation tool...

"You gotta have all your food every meal, Velvet." That was lemon, as precocious as ever could be. She has pancake rolls, too, but she was using a fork to eat hers. "It's a Level 1 punishment if you don't," added Estar with a little smile between mouthfuls of porridge with honey.

"Level this, level that," I sighed. I grabbed the bottle and put it back between my lips. Okay, so it wasn't terrible. I mean, it wasn't good or anything, but for baby formula I could have had worse. Wow, what a weird thought. I sat there and drank from the bottle, watching everyone else eat. I could just pop the top off. I could just drink it normal. But that's probably like a level 6 punishment or something.

Everybody watched the boy, some glances subtle, some more obvious. Everybody seemed fascinated by the idea of him drinking the bottle, even though they went about their conversations like normal. Annie was one of the less subtle watchers, and she was outright smiling. She loved the milk. She'd cried for days when they told her she could never have anymore. She was so jealous.

I finished the bottle and put it down on the table. I felt a little bloated. Everyone was watching me, some out of the corners of their eyes. "What?" Two shrugs. Nobody said anything. Annie went back to eating. I rolled my eyes and got up from the table, following the wall toward the kitchenette. I should check this place out.

Nobody ever realized it was happening at first, not the first time it did, and every time after that was enticed by the memory of the first. It was a difficult cycle to kick. Bree watched the boy, watching him touching everything, wandering around the room, focused, fixated, and by the time he'd finished one wall, somewhat giggly. Everybody knew what to expect.

• Like 3

Another great chapter. :)

Also I want it to be said right now that have never read A&S. So for those of you who have, please don't spoil anything in the comments here! I know This is a prequel. But Sophie has given her assurance that this story won't spoil the next. So don't be all like "Oh! This explains why that happened in A&S!" Don't be that guy/girl.

Thank you.

Yes good point!  This story spoils a little bit of A&S and A&S spoils a little of Velvet.  Just the main ideas/premise.  But please make sure if you've read A&S, you don't spoil any of that content in this thread! :D 

4.) Her Secondary Doctor

I started picking up some of the blocks, giggling to myself. And then I thought about putting the blocks in order. And then I was stacking them. Everyone else had finished eating, and I was now playing like a child would with the colorful cubes. I would laugh when they'd fall over, or I'd spell out words that didn't make sense. And I'd laugh. I just couldn't help it.

"Well, if it isn't our newest angel." The man wore alligator skin shoes that looked tacky like the 1980's had thrown up on his feet, and his tan pants were well-pressed, but it didn't stop his slightly awkward gait from being noticed. He knelt down next to the boy, his top unbuttoned one button too far, and his teeth too straight to be real or natural, when he smiled. Oh, and did he smile. He smiled at the boy, and nobody else looked at him. "What are you building here, hmm, princess?"

"Uh... mm... nothing..." I shuffled to my feet, trying to stand up to meet the man. He was taller than me. Who wasn't, though? At least a foot. Colette only had four inches on me. I took a deep breath and tried to focus on the man. Ugly shoes... "...um, I'm Alexander... nice to meet you!" I put my hand out for him to shake. Honestly, I wasn't trying to be difficult. I totally forgot about the name thing! My head wasn't in the right place.

"My name is Doctor Marlow." His face was sour at the use of the boy’s birth name, but this once, and only this once, he would overlook it. "The other girls told me that your name is Velvet. Now, why would they say that if it weren't true, hrmm? Do you think maybe you made a little mistake, my child?"

I puffed out my cheeks a little bit and lowered my hand. He didn't shake it. "Velvet's a stupid name," I muttered, rubbing my eyes a bit. Everything was a little bit cloudy. I turned away from the man and climbed back down to my feet, sitting in the puddle on the floor. I blinked, looking down at the wet spot, and then up at the girl on the sofa. She just shook her head, curling her knees to her chest. Why was the floor wet...?

"Well it does seem as though you've had a little accident, doesn't it, Velvet?" He smiled, again, that same smile that looked so harmless. That cheerful, warm tone, like a father in the 1950's addressing his family at Thanksgiving. He took the boy’s hand and pulled him to his feet, turning him around. "Well this doesn't make any sense at all, now, does it? Somebody silly put you in big-girl undies."

My cheeks went a little pink and I looked up at him through my glasses. Maybe my prescription was off - that would explain the fuzziness. But it didn't explain my attitude. The embarrassment of wetting myself. The frustration at his words. "I'm not a girl!" Wow. That wasn't like me at all... "I... I mean... don't call me Velvet..."

"Well, that's an awful lot of requests coming from somebody who just tinkled on the floor." Warm. It was hard to see why everybody else was so afraid of him. He took the boy’s glasses off, and tucked them into his shirt pocket, smiling. "How about you choose? I can call you a girl, or I can call you Velvet. Which would you prefer?"

"I..." He took my glasses. I could barely even see straight. I blinked up at the blur that was his face and rubbed my eyes with the backs of my hands. Everything was so out of focus... "Um..." "Do you want me to call you a girl?" I shook my head. "Do you want me to call you Velvet?" I shook my head. "Which would you rather?" "...um... V-Velvet..." Because I wasn't a girl...

"Let's get you cleaned up, then, Velvet." There were some key differences between Doctor Marlow and Colette. Where Colette valued procedure and routine, Marlow was opportunistic. He believed himself to be above everybody else on this program, and if he spontaneously wanted to hypnotize a patient, that was exactly what he would do.

He held my hand and walked me out of the room. The girls all watched while it happened. I followed behind him in the wet nightgown, rubbing my eyes while I did so. I stumbled once, tripped over a block or something, and had to hurry to keep up with him. I didn't like not wearing my glasses...

"You're such a pretty one, Velvet." He hadn't begun until he had the boy inside of his office, and he lifted him without stress onto a gurney along one of the walls. "So much prettier than those other girls, aren't you? They'll never be as pretty as you are, Velvet. You're above them." He helped the boy to lay onto his back, and then brought a rotating lamp over above him, switching it on. There were colored LEDs in the enclosure, hundreds of them, different colors, moving slowly and lazily from one to another. Easy to follow, even for a boy without his glasses.

I rubbed my eyes again, trying to turn my head. His office wasn't warm or inviting. There was an examination table and a sofa in Colette's room, but here there was a hospital gurney and tile floors. It looked more like a research lab. It was also the second door, the one by Colette's. I tried to blink the colors away, but the spinning green dot kept moving. It spun circles around me...

"I'm going to get you all cleaned up, Velvet. Clean and dry. And so you don't wriggle away by accident, and get a booboo, I'd like you to focus on the light above you. It's pretty, isn't it? Pretty like you are. Focus on the light and try to say still." The activation factor of the milk made things a little brighter, easily distractible, difficult to focus. Easy to obsess. With his glasses off, the light program, which, even now, was speeding up steadily, would expose his subconscious quicker than any hypnotic induction could. Colette was so behind the times.

My eyes fluttered at the speed of the light. My breathing was heavy. Everything was still and quiet and magically brilliant. I just felt so relaxed. Everything felt so nice... and I felt the underwear tugged off me, but I didn't move or say anything. It was just... nice.

"A pretty little thing like you needs a pretty name, Velvet." No induction. No wasted time. To the point, and effectual. Yes, there had been issues with the test subject, but it hardly mattered in the face of results. "You love being called pretty. And your name is so pretty, Velvet. Such a pretty word, a pretty name, a pretty thing to touch. Being called by your name, Velvet, makes you feel pretty, a pretty girl, a pretty smile, a pretty thing to touch. It makes you well up with pride. Proud to be so pretty, proud to have a pretty name. No other name even makes sense, no other name is pretty enough."

"...pretty," I muttered. My eyes fluttered closed, but the weird green light still spun in my head. Like it had burned into my eyes. I couldn't not see it. It was perpetual. I felt a little dizzy, but I always did without my glasses. And the milk made it so much worse...

"And a pretty name could only be for a pretty girl, so you must be a pretty girl, it's so easy to understand. You're pretty, so your name’s Velvet. You're pretty, so you're a girl. Velvet is a girl’s name. Velvet is a girl, Velvet is you, you are a girl. You love your name, Velvet. You love being reminded how pretty you are. Like lightning through your pretty body. Tingles up your spine. You feel them now, each time you hear your name. Velvet. Velvet."
The little light flicked off. I had no idea how long it had been. The man sat me up on the table, and when he did, my ass crinkled with me. A diaper? And my nightgown was taken off, replaced by a flouncy dress, a childish one, that barely came to my thighs. I felt my cheeks turn a little pink. This was so stupid...

"Velvet, you can go play with the other girls now. Say thank you, now, Velvet. It's important to have good manners." The boy had been putty, had been pliable, had been simple. Confident people always were. To think that he had been in the field, he had been so knowledgable. That was why Marlow's techniques were better — nobody could ever plan for it. "Velvet, do you hear me?"

"...that's not my name," I muttered, sliding down off the table. The man was taller than me, so much taller than me, and he looked down at me with disbelief. My fingers went out and tapped his chest, finding my glasses in his pocket, and putting them back on my eyes with shaky fingers. My head was killing me... "My name is Alexander," I said flatly, and with a deep breath, "and you shouldn't toy with things you don't understand." I closed the door behind me.

• Like 4

You shouldn't toy with things you don't understand... Interesting. :)

Perhaps Alexander isn't quite the putty Marlow thinks he is? Or maybe he's just fooling himself? I hope it's the former. But it's probably the later.

This doesnt surprise me one bit about Velvet.... She has always been very capable in every thing i know of her..... Without trying to spoil anything... Will that thing Velvet showed Audrey be included in the story? I assume so but can't always assume things

5.) Her Situation

"Are you otay?" Annie had been waiting outside the office door, and she took the boy by the hand and pulled him close as soon as he stepped outside, looking fretful, biting the tip of her thumb. "Pease an' tankyew... are you otay?" Nobody had more time spent with Doctor Marlow than Annie, and though she was typically so happy-go-lucky, the man honestly terrified her.

"Um... yeah... my head hurts, that's all..." "All the lights, they make my head hurt too..." He'd tried to hypnotize me. Without an induction? Such an amateur. It might have worked on someone else, someone like Annie, but not me. Not someone with so much skill and experience. You have to be patient with hypnosis. You have to be gentle. All his machine did was wear at my mind. It made it easier. But you still have to do it right.

"Tum wif me." Annie seemed to fade between a number of versions of her speech patterns, getting almost gibberish when she was stressed out the most. She seemed okay, now, though, getting better, and she took the boy to their shared bedroom and closed the doors. "Um. He shows me the lights lot, but nuh as much as he used to..."

"...I can help with that if you want?" "...huh?" She just stared at me, like I was talking crazy. "I'm a hypnotherapist, Annie." Had I not mentioned that? Didn't this girl watch the news? "I can help put walls up in your mind, blocking him out. It won't work all the time, but it can help. Defenses."

"Dun' wan' make him angry wif' me." And just like that, her speech went out the window. She threw her arms around the boy, and cuddled him as tightly as could be, literally shaking. "As much as I hoped it would help her, I've yet to be able to break through the walls he built." I'd been sitting on the bed, the top bunk, watching the two of them, and when I spoke, they both jumped.

"You shouldn't scare people," I said with a frown. We came in behind the door, so I wasn't surprised we didn't see Colette. She was sitting above my bed, against the wall, reading a book. I crossed my arms over my chest frowning. "That asshole tried to hypnotize me, you know. And that milk was drugged." If I wasn't proving my strength to Colette now, I wasn't sure I ever could. Fighting him off in my state was a literal miracle.

"Doctor Marlow employs methods that I often don't agree with." I looked at Annie with a smile and motioned for her to come up with me. She did, scampering up the ladder and sitting in my lap before I resumed talking. “We are, as far as the program goes, however, equals. Which is really not the best situation, because the man is an ethically bankrupt hack."

"It's all subjective," I said flatly. I was still angry at Colette for drugging me. It seemed she was going to gloss over that fact. Annie sat in her lap and the doctor played with her hair. I often didn't see such personal affection from a doctor to a patient. No wonder Marlow didn't like Colette. "That being said, at least you have the good sense not to try hypnotizing me." She was, after all, a hypnotherapist. The plaques on her walls said so. And from outstanding schools, too.

"I will, Velvet. I will, and when I do, it won't be some fancy light machine, or cheap parlor trick. It will be a wave that washes over you, keeping you below water far beyond your struggles. And it will be only to help you, only to advance your progress here. Never to further a personal agenda." Annie, it seemed, zoned out to the conversation, she just liked to have her hair played with. "As for the milk, and the diapers, those things are essential components of your progress as well, and one day will not be." I didn't know how best to approach the boy — he didn't have many of the same prideful weaknesses as most men. But on top of that, he was slightly brilliant, and perhaps hiding things from him wasn't the best approach.

I smiled. Oh this was exciting! I looked up at the doctor above my bed, trying not to look so eager. "I look forward to you trying." This was a game I would win, of course, but to meet someone so appealing... someone so contesting? If I was straight, I'd fuck her. "I'm going to change now." She didn't stop me. I got panties out of the drawer and changed out of the diaper. Of course, I had no idea where people went to the bathroom. I hadn't seen one, yet... but it was still early in the day.

"You gon' have another accident." Annie piped up, sounding more concerned than cautioning, and she turned her head to look at the woman for approval to her comment. Colette nodded. "You gots have milk free times a day, an' it makes it real real hard to hold it, uhhuh! Better jus' to wear diapees, uhhuh."

"Yeah, I'm not having any more drugged up milk. I don't care what Punishment Level A is, or whatever that girl was saying." The dress, though? It wasn't my thing. But I'd live with it. Honestly, dresses were pretty cool sometimes. I'd used them before in roleplays with Roger. They brought back happy memories, even if this one was made for a child.

"You should care..." "Punishment has five ranks, Velvet. Level 1 is the least severe. They might be something you'd like to avoid, but if you don't, remember that every other punishment is much worse.” I set Annie down next to me, and slid down off the bed and onto the floor. Then, I helped Annie down, because she was too scared up there to climb down on her own. "You're due for training in fifteen minutes. I'll see you then."

"Uh..." Colette left the room, leaving me to stand there with Annie. Annie was flatting out her dress after touching her feet to the ground again. "What is she talking about, training...?" I figured we just sat around and played with blocks all day or something...

"We gots eatss, and trainsings and 'nosys. An' then play time, too." To be fair, with a limit staff of specialists, a good majority of the schedule revolved around one or two contact hours per day of contact, be that training, therapy, or hypnosis or punishment, and several hours of passing the time. It wasn't a thrilling existence, but it was still a correctional facility.

"...so what is it?" Annie shrugged. "Different stuff." I shouldn't be worried. What was the worst that could happen? Manual labor? Oh god, yes. Yes, manual labor was the worst that could happen. They weren't going to make me break rocks or something, were they? Oh man... training sounded very break-rocks-like...

"Um..." Annie looked troubled for a moment and then looked at the boy curiously. "You should try nuh to be punished, 'cause is not nice or fun or anyting like that. Nuh fun at all. An' Lolette likes you wots, so you should try an' be a good giwl for her.” Her speech got progressively worse, as she played with her fingers.

"I'll be fine," I said to Annie. Poor girl. I wondered if there was anything I could do for her. Honestly, that man who had hurt her was so much of a failure, I could probably fix her overnight. I didn't know what training was or what training meant, but because Colette said she'd see me, I waited outside her office door. There were no clocks. How was I supposed to know when fifteen minutes was?

• Like 4

Ahh, so the genius has an aversion to physical activity, eh? Didn't he ever hear that a scholar should be an athlete?

Also there was a typo in Annie's last paragraph. "Her speech for progressively worse." I'm guessing that was supposed to say got? Normally I wouldn't be so knit-picky, but I hold you 2 to a higher standard than most authors. :)

THANK YOU!  Edited. ^_^ I wanna make sure the final version is perfect so knowing stuff like that is important.

And I admit, there's a little of myself in Velvet's hatred for physical activity. :lol: 

Yep!  Velvet is a hypnotherapist.  She has a doctorate in clinical psychotherapy and is considered one of the best hypnotherapists in the country.  She's very young (22-23, I think?) and she's a literal genius.  Her trial was talked about worldwide.

But just because she's the best doesn't exactly mean she's safe either. ^_^ 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I think I had her confused with the other stories which I am only skimming currently until I can read properly and was thinking she was around 18. Plus I was in a haze this morning.  Coffee should remedy that.  I'm going to reread the chapter in a few.  I think I may need to stick with one story at a time for a while.

Oh, I absolutely know she is not safe.  LOL

6.) Her First Mistake

There was a chime, a different tone to breakfast, and one that none of the other girls even seemed to look up at the sound of. A light about my room lit up vibrant burgundy and I opened the door a moment later, inviting the boy inside. "You have heard your tone for the first time. Memorize it. It will chime when you're needed, and the room you're needed in will light up with your color. Failure to appear will be a Rank 1 Punishment. Understand?"

“Uh... sure, why not." Conditioning to a noise. What was this, kindergarten. Oh, wait... I walked inside into her office. I'd only been in here once. Last time I had sat on the table, but this time I sat on the couch. A nice couch, a comfy couch. She had an armchair and a desk chair, a computer, nice wallpaper, but no window. It might as well heave been a large well-decorated broom cupboard.

"Training today is in shapes and colors." It was mundane. A very, very young toddler could have gotten this right, but there were three questions in the entire set that were designed to invoke an improper response, and to therefore make the inmate feel like they'd failed something a very small child could do. "I'm going to hold up a card with a shape, and a color, and a word in the center. I will ask you to identify one thing about of those three each time, and we will get faster."

"...what exactly am I training for?" "Like how children read with their parents to build intelligence." ...was this supposed to be demeaning? Did people get upset over this? I was just so bored... I sighed and put my head against the back of the couch. "Okay, fine, let's get started then."

The first ones were logical. Shape: Square. Color: Red. Word: Square. And I went slowly, the way that I always started. That he was bored was perfect, and the way that everybody responded. Circle. Blue. Blue. Triangle. Red. Triangle. We went through over a hundred, and then the first trick one came. A circle. Circle. Red. With Square as the word. He looked so bored, so on autopilot, and I knew he'd mess up.

"Circle. Red. Square." I was so tired of this. She blinked a bit, looked at me, and then flipped to the next card. "Circle. Blue. Blue." Another card. "Triangle. Red. Square." And it kept going like this. She looked unhappy. Was this supposed to entice something in me? Was my boredom irritating her? It didn't make me less bored to wonder...

It wasn't a huge setback that he didn't trip on the trap cards, the first two. He might not trip on the third, either, a red triangle card with the word blue written on it. If he tripped, he'd be diminished. If he didn't, he'd do this exercise until he did, until he felt like he must be doing something wrong.

"I've done this one." "Answer." ...I sighed and said it again. And again. And again. All ones I've done. It was ten minutes before I recognized the same ones. She was using the same cards! How was this helping me? "Circle. Yellow. Circle. Square. Red. Triangle. Ugh! How much longer!" "Answer." "...Square, blue, blue..."

Academically, I'd spent the morning hoping that he'd respond to training. That he wouldn't need to be punished. I held up another of the trap cards. "Answer."

"Square, blue, blue." "Hm?" "Square, blue-" ...red. I blinked at the card, at the doctor, and she flipped to the next card. "...s-square, um... red... um..." "Answer." "Right, uh... square." Next card. "Traingle, green, green." Next card. "Triangle, blue, blue." "Hm?" "...I meant green. My glasses are fogging.” I wiped them on my dress to clean them off.

"Interesting." I used my doctor tone. The one with pursed lips, and uneasy timbre. I then didn't give him the time to vent his words — I flashed up the next card. He was slipping. And slipping, in this case, was good. I'd do another 30 cards before I told him that actual children cleared this just fine.

I didn't mess up again. I didn't. I had refocused myself. She was just messing with me. Of course I'd get one wrong. I mean, two was... I was thrown off. But I was better now. She put the cards away and I sighed, looking at my feet. This was so stupid...

"Isn't it strange, how actual children never fail this test, but you did?" It wasn't mean spirited, just... disappointed. I was going to make him feel that I was disappointed in him, that he'd disappointed me. That he could have done better, and he didn't. "Something you want to say?"

"You are lying." I didn't say it accusatory. Just plainly. Because I'd never heard about this. I had a doctorate in Psychology. I would know about some stupid word test thing. But nope. She was lying. "If you say so." And that's all there was on the matter. She put the cards away and I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not falling for your games like they will. I'm better than them, and I'm better than you. You'll realize that."

I smiled. Not wide, not overtly, not even that mockingly. I smiled, though, softly, and nodded at the boy. "I'm certainly realizing some things about you, yes. Perhaps that you're less impressive than I first thought." Now, I rejected him. I wanted him to lash out, though, I wanted him to show me he was no different to the rest of them. "You're free to go. Lunch will be soon."

• Like 1