LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

An embarrasing story...

Hi folks. I rarely post here, but thought I could share this story of when I misjudge the capacity of my diaper while wearing a catheter.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to revert to a stage of infantilistic helplessness - and what other tool serves its purpose better than a catheter? While fun sitting in my room, slowly dripping my problems away, I didn't quite achieve the thrill I was craving. The next day I got this brilliant idea of going to the library. I exuberantly packed my backpack; books, computer, and of course diapers for change. I was contemplating whether I should bring spare underwear since I was about to bring myself on a risky endeavor. But, who needs spare underwear when you got spare diapers, I thought. Pshh... 

Arriving at the library, I tried figuring out how I know I've soiled myself enough to warrant a fresh diaper. All the normal clues were gone, I couldn't feel myself peeing so I had no sense of how fast I was filling the diaper, and neither could I feel the wetness since my diaper was held tight against my body. My only viable option was using the clock as my landmark. Thus, if I changed at 09.30, that means my next diaper change should be around 12.30. This worked out fine, although I had an innocent wet spot in my underwear. Being incontinent was easy!

I was aiming for my second diaper change at around 15.00. After an hour however, I feel an ominous wetness on my left thigh, and swiftly head toward the bathroom. While there, I notice this little wet spot again and a fairly full diaper. I shrug it off thinking it'll hold another 30 minutes. I go back to my seat to finish the chapter I was reading, but after about 15 minutes I get a hint of a familiar smell - I didn't immediately recognize it. At first I thought I only got a whiff of a wet diaper smell, but then it struck me. It smelled wet underwear.

I rushed to the bathroom in panic and discovered that my pants had two tennis ball sized wet spots, one on each side, and my underwear were soaked. I was hoping, and praying, to every god in every religion that none of my classmates noticed my wet spots on my pants (or smelled anything). I had no other choice than to remove my underwear and walk around with a diaper directly underneath my pants. This however led to the second problem; crinkling from my nonplastic diapers. As I walked back to my seat, cognizant of the noticable crinkle, I tried masking the sound by producing redundant noise like coughing, moving my backpack etc. I quickly grabbed my stuff to head home.

Hopefully my classmates were too preoccupied with their prosaic studying to notice anything extraordinary. But, what an experience! Being incontinent wasn't easy after all, huh.

Exactly what so many who want to become incontinent have found out should they decide to venture out in public. But, then, I've had 50 years of being a DL to practice what CAN happen to a true incon in the real world...

Agreed, if you want the experience, waterproof panties are a must.  Underwear?  You are in diapers for Pete's sake,  understand that and deal with it or skip the whole idea!!  If you went as far as putting in a catheter, why the half measures for the diaper experience, other than possibly in experience. And lastly, yes there is a difference in diaper choices,  the cheap store bought diapers would need to be doubled and possibly a booster added to get to 2.5 to 3 hrs of constant wetting, so understand that or go to a premium diaper capable of holding that much liquid.

My urination is so irregular that there's no way I can time changes :P Long-term experience with my diapers allows me to know when to change. Weight, how much swelling and where, and wetness in back all clue me in to a change being needed soon. High wetness in back means a change is needed now. The current trend of my urination also adds a clue of how much longer I can wait. Some days one diaper will last past 8 hours; by then the padding is falling apart so it's not very useful should I flood. And some days I do well to go 5-6 hours. My 'record' is 2 hours which happened while I was at work, and the next diaper only went 4 hours- that was one crazy day and I still have no idea why that happened :wacko:It's all about learning from experience- were I to try a different diaper the learning process for them would have to begin again. It also doesn't work well with cheap or low-capacity diapers.

If you're going to be using diapers then you must face the fact that at some point you are going to have unexpected leaks :o There is no 100% foolproof method of protection and it can happen with even a slightly used diaper. Causes can range from getting it caught in your zipper, abrading the cover, something piercing the cover, the cover splitting, and manufacturing defects. The last one is the biggest problem because your spare diaper(s) are probably from that same batch and probably have the same defect :angry: This is why I've adopted a routine of not using my last 'stashed' diaper which comes from a tested batch ;) That also means that I've always got at least two spare diapers on hand. It also means that I try to keep enough at home to allow for a re-order and delivery in case I do get a faulty batch. Every few months I swap the 'last diaper' out with another one from another tested batch to compensate for plastic degrading in storage.

I push the limits too far sometimes and end up with visible leaks, but that doesn't bother me too much anymore as long as I'm not at work or out with friends or family who might not be comfortable with that :rolleyes: Usually that happens at the end of a workday when I will be home and showering shortly, so it would be a waste of an expensive diaper to change. Happens every couple months and as long as its small I don't much care anymore- it just goes with the turf and it's not the end of the world. Same as with me regularly buying my cheap pull-ups for home wear from the local store I'm not going to fearfully hide my diaper wearing from everyone; yes I wear diapers (which sometimes leak) and what anyone else thinks about that is irrelevant to me B)

Bettypooh

When I wear diapers I usually wear regular underwear over them.  Even when I wear plastic pants over my disposable diaper I will often top it all off with regular Haines or FTL underpants.  Why?  Even with plastic pants the underpants help compress everything making it less noticable.  Also the cloth underpants will help mask the sound of crinkly diapers or plastic pants.  Same reason people will wear a onesie or compression shorts.  You also have the added benefit of the waistband of regular every day underpants showing out the back of your trousers if your shirt rides up rather than obvious plastic pants or diapers.  dipper was evidently at his school library in diapers with his catheter draining into his diapers, and while I'm sure he was doing this for fun and a thrill, he didn't want his classmates to notice anything unusual.  Kind of cross purposes, but people can have their thrill of being out among lots of people with diapers on under their clothing while still trying to be discreet about it.  Don't be so quick to toss aside wearing underpants over your diapers.  They have a lot of practical uses!