LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A young cashier who makes my day

LiL Marc

I buy my diapers in two different ways, online (Bambino) and at the drugstore for my Depends.

I'm always a little shy when I go to the drugstore to buy my diapers, so I always dress well (it gives me confidence) and I try to assume who I’am and look at the cashier in the eyes with a beautiful smile .

This time it was a beautiful young woman of 20 years old (last week was her also) and very nice, everything was fine but at one point she took me off guard when she asked me « do you want a bag? »  and I hesitated a good 3 to 4 seconds before saying no, very embarrassed. It was to late the dommage was done and she understood that the diapers was for me, she asked me again « Are you sure? » said in a delicate and empathic way.

Before leaving, she made me a beautiful smile and a wink, probably wanting to say, I know that the diapers are for you and that's ok whit me. She thought maybe I was incontinent but it does not matter because her kindness made my day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few years ago I was buying a box of wipes and a bag of Depend.   The clerk was making small talk and asked how old my baby was.    I pointed to the Depends and said they were both for me.  She got a little embarrassed.

This was in contrast to my early days in diapers where I got mortally embarrassed by the girl holding up my purchase and shouting to the next register "Is there tax on these?"    Or the time that I was picking up some adult cloth diapers from Sears catalog order (they used to sell them) and she insisted on opening the opaque outer package just to make sure they were "OK."   I think she was just curious.   Had I been a little older I'd have had more fun playing along.

• Like 1

I had an interesting encounter with the check out ladies at a local pharmacy yesterday.  I was in to get restocked with my belted diapers, something I often wear during day for convince and the protection it gives me.  There was a special on where if you buy one package, the second is highly discounted so why not.  I grabbed a couple bags along with a few other things I needed and headed for checkout.  There was a young gal there being trained by an older lady.  The young gal seemed to be nervous about ringing up my purchases.  The older gal just smiled at me and guided the young lady through the transaction.  I couldn't help but to notice that older lady glance towards my crotch, which was somewhat emphasized by the now wet diaper I had on.  She saw me catch her looking and when she looked at me, was beaming from ear to ear as she continued to tell the young gal what to do next but didn't lose eye contact with me.  I was wondering is maybe she too had a diaper on under her skirt, and was just telling me with her smile that this was OK?  In any event, the transaction ended by the older lady asking if there was anything other they could help me with, and please come back again soon.   In the back of my mind, I was wondering what that older lady would have said if I had asked her to help me change my diaper, but that was just a pleasant thought as I left the parking lot of the store.

Many years ago I went to a medical supply store to get some waterproof pants.  This was a very small store that was closing up within a week and was staffed by a woman around 50 years old.  She asked about the paitent and size needed and I explained I was incontienent and I wore reusable products at night and disposable ones in the day.  I said I had been getting my waterproof pants on line but last night one of my better ones tore and the problem was I had no way to tell size and durability when I ordered on line.  I said the large were often snug but the X-Large were way too big, and I think that was one reason they don't last long.  I said I was hoping to see locally what kind there were available so I could see how durable they were and see about the size.   The clerk then showed me both Large and X-Large SALK pants and asked if I wanted to try each one on for fit in the consulting room!  WOW!  In for a penny, in for a pound so I agreed.  The SALK pants were very durable PUL pants but the Large were snug and the X-Large hung like a tent.  I told the clerk that and believe it or not, she asked if I wanted her to check the fit!  She came in and tugged at the back of the Large pants as I was standing there wearing just a shirt and the SALK pants on over my Attends disposable diaper.  She looked at them, then put her hand in the back between the SALK pants and my Attends and tugged on the waist band.  Then she held up the X-Large pants and said they would be way too big.  She then asked me if my reusable night........  and stopped.  I said, "Diapers?"  She said yes, she didn't want to call them that and embarrass me.  I told her I was long past being embarrassed about my incontinence.  She wanted to know if my cloth diapers were thicker that the disposables I wore in the day, but said it was better to be snug than too loose.  Turns out in chatting with her that she was a registered nurse that was going back into practice again with a family doctor once the store closed in a week or so.  I bought the SALK pants which I still have but sadly I never got back there again before the store closed up.  I never would have imagined anything like that would happen, but medical supply stores are in business to help people out in those kinds of situations and make sure they have the proper products and know how to use them.  Only time anything like that has ever happened to me, and will probably never happen again.

I can't believe it happened to this day.  I only think she did it because of 2 reasons.  In a store like that they are in business to help people find the correct products that will work for whatever conditions they have, and she was also a registered nurse who most likely has seen many people in diapers before.  Was I nervous about it?  Sure I was, but I couldn't show it.  I had to be just like any normal person looking for help and advice.  After questioning the sizes of waterproof pants and explaining my problems with them, I couldn't very well refuse an offer to first try them on to make sure they would fit before buying them!  That would raise a lot of flags.  It's been well over 10 years since I've gone to a medical supply store for diapers or plastic pants.  Lots of those places don't carry them anymore, or what they do carry really aren't premium brands.  I think diapers at medical supply stores are just one more casualty of the internet.  You can get diapers mail order but a lift chair, walker or advice on mastectomy products that may need sizing and fitting are still things that medical supply stores are great for.

For years I have done business with my "diaper lady".  I'm going to guess she is in her forties and she once told me she has an "aspie" son.  She used to work out of a room in an industrial office park setting but has since moved the business into her home.  I used to buy face-to-face for a long time.  The first time I met her I was so nervous but she was able to help me drop my guard. If I had a question about a certain product she would do the research and let me know if she could stock it for me.  But, like many brick and mortar places space becomes too expensive and she moved it to her home.  Her primary business is selling baby diapers and most of her adult customers now work with her online, me included.

It is so nice to have that personal connection with a seller and somewhat of a confidant if needed.