LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Restarting my journey to incontinence and hopefully true bedwetting

18 hours ago, MISSY1959 said:

I only find minor calcium deposits as the cath ages. in or out even cleaning it and reusing it has a life span. i have started watching the filter in the bag for deposits or calcium i can see a little and when i see more i pull it to clean it.  but if i leave it in for 6 weeks the cath ballon degrades to half the fluid and the irriation starts and the ballon turns a brownish color from i guess decay.   its the silastic itself breaks down to some degree. 

Well, to have only irritation around 6 weeks is really good, seems your body adapted very well to catheters.

I needed to increase the dosage of vesicare from 5mg to 10mg in order to get rid of remaining and increasing bladder cramps.

I too keep an eye on the filter (as I shown in the picture it's a pretty damn big cilinder ? )if it gets cloudy from not drinking enough water and I know I don't have a UTI I just flush it with NaCl or alcohol, it's got a luer lock valve whhich means I don't have to detach the bag, which is convenient.

But now with the higher dose of meds I am again at ease, feel almost no irritation, am in week 3 of my second silastic now.
When pulling out the previous one 3 weeks ago it had 7cc of the 10 left which is normal (sterile water + 10% glycerine) so aftr 6 weeks I do agree 50% would be normal.
What I still find abnormal was the silicone cath of 10cc having only 4.5cc left after 3.5 weeks, I'm very sure they did a bad job there, I saw the guy pushing the fluid in the balloon twice as he failed to maintain pressure, this is a mistake with silicone catheters as the balloon is too fragile. Silicone catheter balloons are therefore also not allowed to be pre-inflated for testing because it is then almost guaranteed the balloon wil pop inside your bladder early on. (yes I did a lot of research :) )

in a few weeks from now I'll insert the Tiemann ch16 silicone to go back to hospital with, to be "in accordance". We'll see who's more capable, like I said, I inserted about 20 regular ones 15 years ago, and that was without anaesthetic, am doing a very fine job now, but they still think I'm not qualified because only a trained nurse is allowed to do it here......

Oh I'll so have to hold my temper when I have to go there.....

On 12/4/2019 at 1:34 AM, MISSY1959 said:

I only find minor calcium deposits as the cath ages. in or out even cleaning it and reusing it has a life span. i have started watching the filter in the bag for deposits or calcium i can see a little and when i see more i pull it to clean it.  but if i leave it in for 6 weeks the cath ballon degrades to half the fluid and the irriation starts and the ballon turns a brownish color from i guess decay.   its the silastic itself breaks down to some degree. 

Turnd out the filter from my bag was clogged after 6 days with white calcium deposits of whatever that was, cath is in for 3 weeks now, and so again it proves that after 3 weeks for me the silastic needs replacing.

I tried irrigating it and a ot of additional debris came out, so I replaced the bag and will see the next couple of days. If this keeps accumulating I have no choice but to replace silastic ones every 3 weeks or switch to thinner 100% silicone ones , I can get cheap ones for like $ 4 a piece

Thats a lot of sediment. or calcium deposits.  my room mate had a huge calcium stone like a kidney stone upstream of his bladder or there abouts.  they put a stint in to let it break and pass and then went back in to take it out. but he has had kidney stones before as well.  40k surgery for each in and out.  i dont as a rule get any real depositis. at  6 weeks there is a roughness to the ballon and some of it on there.  the one i posted a couple weeks ago was the most i had ever seen. was almost plugged inside.  i am watching the filter where it fits the bag it seems the calcium starts building there.  i have cut a couple open recenctly to monitor how much is there and none to speak of really.  but i am watching more.  sinus surgery is in 2 weeks. that should help control some of the infections.  honestly they say a cath is best at a month.  after that it does start to degrade.  i can make it 6 weeks but that does not make it the best choice.  right now taking out weekly to clean.  i dont find i have a uti. calcium deposits as i said above do come naturaly as well as if bacteria meets urine calcification. but does not mean a uti.   i sit in the hot tub every day for an hour or so after i get up.  i e i can see your email there but i cant respond to it have to go to my desk.   generaly i cant live without it in.  the 600 ml can fill quicker and i start feeling that urge its like the body has no capacity anymore.  wearing it about the waiste makes it easy to go to the restroom at least.

23 minutes ago, MISSY1959 said:

Thats a lot of sediment. or calcium deposits.  my room mate had a huge calcium stone like a kidney stone upstream of his bladder or there abouts.  they put a stint in to let it break and pass and then went back in to take it out. but he has had kidney stones before as well.  40k surgery for each in and out.  i dont as a rule get any real depositis. at  6 weeks there is a roughness to the ballon and some of it on there.  the one i posted a couple weeks ago was the most i had ever seen. was almost plugged inside.  i am watching the filter where it fits the bag it seems the calcium starts building there.  i have cut a couple open recenctly to monitor how much is there and none to speak of really.  but i am watching more.  sinus surgery is in 2 weeks. that should help control some of the infections.  honestly they say a cath is best at a month.  after that it does start to degrade.  i can make it 6 weeks but that does not make it the best choice.  right now taking out weekly to clean.  i dont find i have a uti. calcium deposits as i said above do come naturaly as well as if bacteria meets urine calcification. but does not mean a uti.   i sit in the hot tub every day for an hour or so after i get up.  i e i can see your email there but i cant respond to it have to go to my desk.   generaly i cant live without it in.  the 600 ml can fill quicker and i start feeling that urge its like the body has no capacity anymore.  wearing it about the waiste makes it easy to go to the restroom at least.

I think it's my body that is being yet again weird at making so much debris. I drink plenty and take 2 cranberry pills but get infections easy though I don't think I have one now.

Tuesday I'm going to take a break and wear diapers for a week, should let things heal up and recover nicely too plus I so miss that feeling 

any more for me diapers are uncomfortable.  granted i use the big ones.  i still wear one between caths just to make sure it passes.  i dont think the calcification is a sign of uti. its the sign of bacteria.  i know i keep the hot tub at a lower temp and has plenty of chlorine and other bacteria in it.  but you might try soaking.  even with a sealed cath ie the bag i cant believe some water does not get in.  i go in with an empty bag its empty when i get out. but still i wonder.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:16 AM, MISSY1959 said:

any more for me diapers are uncomfortable.  granted i use the big ones.  i still wear one between caths just to make sure it passes.  i dont think the calcification is a sign of uti. its the sign of bacteria.  i know i keep the hot tub at a lower temp and has plenty of chlorine and other bacteria in it.  but you might try soaking.  even with a sealed cath ie the bag i cant believe some water does not get in.  i go in with an empty bag its empty when i get out. but still i wonder.

they told me never to take a bath with a cath in because that'd get bacteria through the urethra inside.

But now a few days after the iirrigation i did, the flow is much better than before, though the filter does seem to accumulate still.
The night bag also shows a layer of sediment on the bottom and when shaking it you see it like the sand from the seashore coming up ? 

I'm pretty sure for silastic 3 - 4 weeks is max for me. Maybe because I drink a lot of coffee alongside with the lots of water, the coffee causes more mineral crystallasation buildup.
But I bought cheap silicone caths now, for use when my silastic are depleted, 5 EUR / cath is not really ainfull when replacing every 3 weeks as opposed to 14 EUR / silastic.

i put a new cath in this time 2 days ago as i started to feel it a bit and saw a little caclium in the neck of the inlet tube.  been good for a couple days now.  i have never used a night bag so its hard to see in the filter of the bags im using. i can see through the clear part.  im kind of wondering if cleaning it after infection actualy cleans it enough.  i wonder if it gets into the plastic itself. 

but yes i use the hot tub or pool depending every day.  summer turned cooler winter turned warmer.  i keep it with a gal of bleech in it a aweek.  yes i think it can get into where the tube is but generaly that has not been a problem.  all it says for use online with a cath is to put a plug in it if you go swimming or to the lake.  i dont think i would try public anything but i do like the soak in the hot tub