LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Accidental exposure to family due to technology?

Ever have something happen where due to technology somebody in your family saw something on your computer or phone involving anything about you and being ABDL or even pictures?

I've had this sort of thing happen once because I left my phone unlocked in the car with my mom for like a minute or two to grab a few groceries or make a deposit in the bank, and she was going through pictures in the wrong way, and turns put I deleted them once, but not twice (once for each default application).

Goes to show there are definitely negative aspects to modern technology, especially in the form of backing up data "to the cloud" or in an alternate storage form.

Thankfully I'm not in any danger to ever get kicked out since I pay many of the household bills and she already knew about this habit of mine.

But anyways, now I'm more careful and make sure to delete things more thoroughly and also keep different accounts and browser applications for different things.

But I guess accidental exposure is a risk that happens if you live with other people and hopefully if this happens you aren't in a situation like LittleLoliKat (there's a topic on ADISC; but basically somebody told her parents about her being ABDL and the things she was doing online and her parents kicked her out)

No: I do NOT put it on the phone, since the phone goes with me and it is all on a flash drive so it can be removed from the computer

The only thing like that, that has happened to me was when I was showing my dad something on my computer. Suddenly I start getting Windows notifications for a ABDL Discord I am in. I am pretty sure he didn't actually manage (or care) to read any of them.

An encrypted virtual machine running Linux is your friend.  When it's not running, it's an encrypted file on the disk.  When it's running, everything is kept isolated to that VM.  You can have separate mail, cloud services, etc., that are only used there. 

And I don't do anything on my phone that I wouldn't want my daughter's friends to see when they grab my phone to watch netflix without asking me...

Yes, actually a couple of times...

1. Back in my Teenage years when I had dial up internet, I used to hit newsgroups and download ABDL photos and store them in a photo library on the family computer (which I Administered, no one else in the family has a clue about computers).  My brother walked into my room one day and I had all the photos up in ACDSEE (LOL, think thumbnail pictures before that was built in to windows...), and he saw all the photos.  I ended up taking one of the photos and pasting a diaper on a Santa or some BS and showing him as justification for all the diaper photos... Nothing else was ever said about that, he's probably forgotten all about it by now.

2. Amazon (loosely technology I suppose...) decided to ship some Depends underwear in the original packaging (which up to that point they had never done before).  The courtier was too lazy to put the package on my covered porch and left them on my front steps.  My mother came to drop something off at my house when I was at work and saw them on the front steps...  Instant discovery, she asked about the diapers and I told her I like to wear them sometimes.  Nothing more has really been said.

Honestly, after the last experience, I don't even care that much anymore if people find out.  I'm not going to make it obvious or anything but I don't really bother hiding my diaper stash.  I just have my main supply on my bedroom closet shelves and the rest of the case in the basement (I usually order by the case).

Honestly for me, this has reduced my anxiety about my diaper wearing a lot.  I just have pretty much just accepted it at this point.  If people are nosy enough to find out, then they deserve to know.  I think the same can be said for a phone...  People's tendency to scroll through pictures on others phones is hilarious to me...  Like seriously, look at the photo I am sharing with you and hand the phone back...  Having said that, I don't take those kinds of pictures of myself pretty much ever but certainly not on my phone when I know those photos will be shuttled off to multiple cloud services, stored on the phone etc.  Kind of like taking pictures of my genitals.... never done it (sorry ladies, no dick pics... j/k).

• Like 2

Yeah, the thing was I didn't even have it set up to go to cloud storage, the phone just had 2 default applications that stored pictures

1. The actual Camera application (if you took a picture in the camera app and not directly to a service/website with the camera as a source for taking pictures).

2. Gallery, which I found out kind of acts like "the cloud" storing pictures you probably deleted everywhere else, even years back (as long as you had a new enough smartphone).

Simple lesson here is that using technology such as a smartphone means you need to be extra careful and may need to delete data a bunch of times, once may not be enough with data being stored in different ways by default.

Technology doesn't do this to us- we do it to ourselves :o Technology just makes it harder to hide things successfully, and TBH there's no way to use technology without leaving some kind of trail behind us which a determined person can find and follow :( Security is a full-time thing. One moment's inattention or a less than 100% effort can destroy it all. Just how the world works today and with us humans being imperfect you might as well understand that sooner or later something will be exposed that you wanted to keep hidden so have a damage control plan worked out before you begin because sooner or later you're going to need to use it :whistling:

Bettypooh

When my first marriage exploded when I found out my ex was sleeping with her professor (who was married with kids btw) things got ugly for a bit. She tried to bring in a ABDL website I made (some old timers around here may recall it) into the court stuff at one point. I had fun explaining that whole thing to my attorney. She also told her parents about it, and they then sent my parents an email detailing their sons (my) "issues" and whatnot. My parents then called my sister to ask her if she knew anything about this email talking about how I wore diapers etc.

My sister got majorly pissed off... at my ex. See, I had told her about it years before and because she loves me and is open minded, she never gave a shit about me liking diapers. So my sister tells my parents she has known about it for years, it's not a big deal and that what my former in-laws had done was a massive invasion of privacy and a total dick move. My sister told me that my dad was seriously pissed off at them for doing it. And nobody in my family including myself has ever spoken to them since.

I tell this story not so much to scare people about tech and digital trails, but to show people that sometimes telling people isn't a bad idea. It might have been worse if my sister didn't already know. And while I never wanted my parents to know, it's actually not a big deal that they found out. I did have 1 awkward talk with my mom about it eventually, even that wasn't the end of the world.  

I think it should go without saying, but I understand not everyone is lucky to have a kick ass family like me... So your own mileage may vary.

I had an interesting day yesterday, but it ended well in any case and as it kinda of fits this topic, here are the details.   I have used diapers on and off for several years now, mostly in the background IE not telling my wife about my desire to do so.  Even while I have a long history of dribbling due to prostrate issues, A couple of years ago, I was struck with a serious UTI, to the point that I had several public wetting experiences.  This lead to wearing protection whenever I went out into the public for more than a few hours, which my wife understands and fully respects.  As the years went on, I stopped using these on regular basis to satisfy her mostly, as there were no more public incidents of wetting.  Couple weeks ago I left a used pullup in the bathroom trash which she found and asked if I was wearing Depends again, her term for any adult protection.   I told her that It was due to some bowel leakage, something that was becoming apparent to her in the back of my panties.  She was ok with that but got me back on my bulk fiber regiment which helps this a lot.  Back to yesterday.  On days when she is at work for entire day, I often wear and use diapers all day long, changing as they become totally saturated.  Yesterday I was on my second set about to change when my wife came home early as things were slow at work.  As luck would have it, she didn't come to my lower office to great me, so I had a chance to sneak into my bathroom and quickly change.  I could only bag my wet ones up and leave them in my bath trash but she did not discover them, and am not sure what I would have said if she had. 

Not sure I am prepared to tell my wife that I really enjoy wearing a wet diaper, as up to this point, the use of diapers was considered a medical need, as opposed to what is desirable to me, something she may not be able to accept but am also concerned about losing the opportunities to wear and wet my diapers as I do now when home alone.

Back in 2009/2010 I had some pictures on my computer that my second wife had taken.  We were living in Japan at the time and it was  pictures of me outside of her car with my pants pulled down and my diaper exposed.  We were in the mountains somewhere picnicking so there was no one around and no risk of exposure to the public.  Somehow, my current wife's cousin found the pictures when using the computer and told his mother, my wife's Aunt.  I know she talked to my wife about it...not really sure what was said.  They do not seem to treat me differently in anyway that I can tell so I do not let it bother me.

• 3 months later...

Not exactly ABDL related exposure, but I had a close call once, when I still lived at my mom's, I phoned her home when I was away but I needed something about my pc, so I asked her if she could go to my room, turn the pc on and find it out for me. So dialog goes kinda like this (except this is a translation of course, we're actually Czech so that's what we speak):

I: "Okay mom, when it boots up, click the windows start button and then once the start menu pops up, right click' Computer'. 

M: "What's a start button?" 

I: "It's the round one at the bottom left corner of the screen, with the colorful window logo in the middle." 

M: "Right... Something opened. YouTube..."

I: "What?? What did you click?" 

M: "That round thing you told me. It's YouTube. It says Davey Wawey or something. Some men, there..." 

I: (my heart rate is increasing, I'm breaking cold sweat) "That's not it! Close that! The start button, it's at the very left corner...! “

Of course she clicked the Chrome button instead of the start button. Of course I had it set to load last visited site. Of course it had to be the that particular channel on YouTube. For those not in the know, Dawey Wawey is a youtuber and the channel I visited last is almost exclusively about gay related things. 

At the time I planned on eventually letting my mum know that I am gay, but not like that. But she closed the browser before realizing what's it about or looking deeper into it. Not beeing very good at English, probably thought the channel was about fitness or something, and was not any wiser on the topic because she never questioned me about it. 

Way later she made this pun that she thought was funny (for some reason I rarely find her jokes funny, idk) that was like 'the soup is warm, lunch is warm, I just hope you aren't... .' (in Czech language 'warm', apart from the literal meaning, is a slang for gay). I didn't laugh, instead I replied:

I:*"And if I was?..."

M: "then you'd be, and we couldn't do anything about it"

I hummed and nodded approvingly, like yes that's the right answer, while adding to my plate. A moment of silence later:

M: "So you do like boys, now that you brought it up?"

I: “Erm, yea".

M: "Oh. I guess now we don't have to keep asking when are you going to find a girlfriend." 

I: "Yea, that'd be nice."

M: "And I'm the first one to know, am I?" 

I told her that I've actually already told my sister and by extension my brother in law, and my best friend. 

And they say moms always know. Or have a hunch at least. My ass, she didn't have a clue, me never getting past a second date with any girl or showing no interest in girls in general notwithstanding. Denial, perhaps, even though there wasn't a rational reason for it, she's not homophobic and the general attitude towards gays in our predominantly atheist nation is indifference. 

Aside from that, I lost count how many times I had to to frantically close the web browser with whatever diaper related site I was visiting when my mum burst into my room about one nanosecond after a landing a single knock on my door (knocking on door means 'can I come in?', not 'I'm coming in', 162 00 mom). Nobody knows I'm a DL (with a hint of AB, I guess) besides other AB/DLs, and I intend to keep it that way. People here just don't understand this kind of thing. If you told someone here that you're gay, most of them will just shrug. If you told them you like to wear diapers for fun, unless they are familiar with the concept or exceptionally open minded they'll be like 'Wtf? Weirdo, pervert, possibly even pedophile?' (add to that the commonly held misconception that pedophile equals child molester, and your social life is over). 

What I found is very funny is someone dosn't like you that much and they know something about you thats private...Well they go tell everyone this secret on the phone and internet but the funny thing is everyone already know about it and they cool with it! Had that situation come up once in relation to technology and a so called "friend". Boy did I ruin their party plans lol!

about 20 years ago, our son found a CD of Bytemine images and looked through them. It was found because he was looking in paces he shouldnt. Part of the problem with being private about ABDL is that this assumes others will treat your privacy with respect. Sadly, this just isnt always true.

14 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Kids will always look places they shouldn't.    Unless you have things under lock and key (and not even then) they'll likely find out.

It means you need to be clever and assume the worst. And that is just with regular kids. Most kids will try to snoop at times. its part of who they are.

Even my less devious daughter managed to find out things I thought I had stored away.    Other than a couple of insolent cracks made when she was a teen, it was never an issue.

My son was a lot more devious, but he had a slew of his own issues.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:33 AM, willnotwill said:

Kids will always look places they shouldn't.    Unless you have things under lock and key (and not even then) they'll likely find out.

That's not necessarily good enough. Kids can find keys and my big brother had me picking locks by the time I was eight years old :o Which is easy now with the internet. Nothing short of a commercials grade safe is truly secure, and that is if only you know the combination and have not written it down or shared it. That's carrying things a it far but nothing short of that is really certain. By the time I was ten us kids knew everything, including where Dad stashed his whisky and cigarettes which we partook of. When the parents became aware of that we all got lectured as to what our backsides would feel like if it happened again. With four of us kids they didn't know who did it, they would have died from shock to learn it was all of us!

There may have been some misunderstanding of my previous comment. What I meant is that while you should make the effort to be discreet, you should not expect it to be fully effective. I think your best defense is to teach your kids why privacy matters and why they should respect it, just like they want their own secrets to be safe.

Bettypooh