LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing for IBS peace of mind?

So I have what is most likely IBS I'd say mild to moderately severe depending on the week. I've never had trouble making it to the bathroom but I have had the occasional scare. I'm thinking if I had the money I might want to wear on days when I'm having bad flairs just for security/peace of mind. It be nice to not have to worry "was that just a normal fart or a shart?"(sorry for the crude wording but only way I could think to phrase it). Also not having to worry about running to the bathroom three to five times a night because you can't tell if it's gas or needing to go. Thoughts opinions?

20 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

So I have what is most likely IBS I'd say mild to moderately severe depending on the week. I've never had trouble making it to the bathroom but I have had the occasional scare. I'm thinking if I had the money I might want to wear on days when I'm having bad flairs just for security/peace of mind. It be nice to not have to worry "was that just a normal fart or a shart?"(sorry for the crude wording but only way I could think to phrase it). Also not having to worry about running to the bathroom three to five times a night because you can't tell if it's gas or needing to go. Thoughts opinions?

I would certainly wear some protection if there were the possibility of soiling myself with little to no warming. I think there are disposable products just for that problem that might save you some money over an entire disposable diaper.

I cannot imagine being at work or school and trying to recover from such an incident were suitable protection not being in place.

Peace,

Bob

I have had issues like that. It's never fun. My most recent was in Maui for a family vacation, when i came down with the flu. The doc gave me a Z-pack which always kills all my gut bacteria and gives me the runs. So I went to the drug store ant picked up a pack of Depends for the week. While they do suck, I never needed them. Of that, I'm thankful.

My thoughts.  If you have ever had an accident in the past, was it a full blown emptying of your bowels or a little leakage?  If you think it might be a bad day and you might have a full blown accident in your pants, then a diaper might be a good idea.  If you have never had an actual accident but are afraid you might leak a little, get some disposable underwear.  That will keep you with a low profile so no one will discover you are wearing diapers, but should protect you in case of a fart that's a little more than a fart but not as much as a full blown mess in your pants.

I've been in similar situations.   It may not be IBS (my doctor and I at one point thought it might be some unidentified food allergy), but the issue is that I have had some accidents and some very close calls and twice, and several times I was lucky that I happened to be wearing a diaper.    I didn't intentionally try to use the diaper.    Of course, one of those times I has a pretty severe blowout as well (dang, store brand diapers).

What Bettypooh said is so true.  I have had cases of UTI that flared up and caused me substantial embarrassment in one case.   In that case, I was on a plane, and tried to make it to the bathroom without success.  Coming back to my seat after trying to dry my pants in the bathroom was not fun.  But that was only the beginning, as after landing, and waiting to get off the plane, it happened again which forced me to walk the airport concourse with obviously wet pants.   Live and learn as they say, I have never gone out in public for more than a couple hours without wearing protection, it is not worth taking the chance that something could happen to cause embarrassment again. Besides that, pullups or what ever you choose to use do a great job of containing post urination dribbles, something I have lived with for last 10 years it seems.

I have IBS as well. While I can usually get to the bathroom in time, there have been times where I was unable to make it to the bathroom and had a full unload into my pants. This usually only happens once or twice a year. But I will generally have a small accident monthly. I will also experience intermittent bouts of leakage that kind of comes out randomly throughout the day. I generally don’t wear all the time for anticipation of an accident, but there is indeed a pattern that comes in waves (a few days) and I will pad up for those. If I’m just experiencing a “leaky faucet”, I will wear an overnight pad that is similar to the pads women use for their periods (super discreet, and able to do the job with a small presence)

On 2/26/2018 at 2:07 PM, YourFNF said:

Definitely wear some diapers. About 25 years ago is when I first had ibs. Was very bad and I had the same problem. I found myself carrying a bag of extra underwear and clothes all the time just in case. I also had a couple embarrassing accidents. I liked diapers once in a while back then and wore sometimes for an occasional bedwetting problem, but rarely wore during the day then and almost never out of the house. I decided to wear them when I was in a flare up. It was much better and saved me enough times. Luckily for me it got better and only bothers me a few times a year now or the rare day once in a while. I can usually make it to the bathroom now. Luckily now I have no fear of wearing diapers out and will slip one on when I feel I need. Unfortunately I still hate messing a diaper. But much better than a stain in the rear.