• Autism
    • Aspergers
    • ADHD
    • Anxiety
    • Major Depressive Disorder
    • Eating disorder
    • Other Mental Health
    • None

ADD, OCD, anxiety, Asperger's, anorexia nervosa. I have never been diagnosed with a learning disability but I have been told that is what I have, same as for depression but never found that in my medical records either. 

ADD, formerly OCD and annorexia, PTSD, major depression/dysthymia ( "double depression",) allegedly mild autism, a brain injury due to a hypothermic incident, had to relearn to speak, couldn't see facial features, I can now, but have trouble recognizing faces, and had a memory similar to that of an Alzheimer patient. At one point heroin addiction, after a severe spinal injury, which caused blinding pain; but quit cold turkey after finding a good chiropractor.

I have an inability to become drowsy, and slept an hour a night in high school, so I took ambien for 20 years, which seemed to prevent me from dreaming. Recently, I've begun experimenting with Wake Induced Lucid Dreams again, which is wondrous, as I've discovered that I can induce a lucid dream, and let go, allowing me to take a back door of sorts into sleep (going into Non-REM from REM, which is the opposite of what is natural,) etc.

I've learned a second language to help with the brain injury, and hopefully my new approach to sleep will help further improve my memory. Sometimes I write overly-long posts on message boards though whether or not that's a mental illness is debatable. <----joke.

Nothing here. Don't have any of the above mentioned diagnosed disorders.  I don't have ADHD but I multitask like you wouldn't believe. I have an excellent memory.  My boss can rattle off 6 or more tasks that need to be done and I'll accomplish them in a very timely manner, usually with time to spare. I very, very, very, seldom have to write things down.

I'm a very happy individual who's happily married for almost 21 yrs, got a good kid, a great job, great friends, bosses and coworkers.  I am financially stable with retirement, and pension when the time comes. I own 2 homes 1800 miles apart and I balance my life very well seeing I'm working in one state and my wife works in another state. 

Oh did I mention that I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish? Just had a complete work up over the winter and  my chloresteral is a little high, nothing to be concerned about though. Organs are all fine and I feel fucking awesome, physically and mentally for being 52. 

Diagnosed with clinical depression ~ 9 years ago, "Adult" ADHD and Dyslexia ~ 2 years ago. All of these have made it an absolute b**** trying to go back to school. I recently read an article on depression which reaffirmed what I've thought to be a better way to approach depression.

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2018/2/25/16997572/causes-depression-pills-prozac-social-environmental-connections-hari

Not to get off subject but to address the last few posts.  For lots of people with some issues, diapers can have a calming effect and relieve stress.  For others with much more serious issues, medication may be the only way to keep them from doing harm to themselves or other people.  We read so many times about someone who has killed someone, kids, wife, strangers because they went off their anti psychotic meds.  While it's true doctors prescribe medications based on an individual and their specific problems, unless we are doctors ourselves with a strong background in mental health issues and have specific study and knowledge of an individual's problems and history, we should not be quick to condemn any doctor for prescribing medications that help someone with their issues function more normally.

That said, I don't think punk18 meant anything bad in his comments.  I think he was simply stating that we can use our diapers to help relieve stress rather than taking a prescribed medication for a minor stressful day we might have.  That works for a lot of people who come home from work after a hard day and just want to relax and chill out.  For those with serious issues, medication may be a necessity in order to cope with life and be able to function.