LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To any ABDL parents out there: What is changing your baby's diapers, or potty training your kids like for you?

It was a long time ago, but I kept my parent and AB sides completely separate, both physically & in my head.  I didn't find that difficult & found it essential to being a responsible parent.  I've never regretted that.

• Like 1

Yeah, I find this question to be rather strange - why would it be anything other than normal?

This is why I don't like to bring up my real kid - because I get odd questions like "are you going to potty train them? or you must like changing their diapers?" :rolleyes:

This fetish/lifestyle or whatever you want to call it  HAS NOTHING to do with real children and therefore why even compare? It is a separate life, that should be kept away from your kids and pretty much everyone else, regardless if it is sexual for your or not.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mamabug said:

Yeah, I find this question to be rather strange - why would it be anything other than normal?

This is why I don't like to bring up my real kid - because I get odd questions like "are you going to potty train them? or you must like changing their diapers?" :rolleyes:

This fetish/lifestyle or whatever you want to call it  HAS NOTHING to do with real children and therefore why even compare? It is a separate life, that should be kept away from your kids and pretty much everyone else, regardless if it is sexual for your or not.

This!

My wife and I have gone to great lengths to keep my diapered lifestyle hidden from our children.  We work together as a team as she will point out if I have too big of a diaper bulge or I am too crinkly.  Since I am diapered permenently it is impossible to not wear around them but it is completely possible to keep it hidden from them.

When my six year old was in diapers my wife would have absolutely nothing to do with me and diapers.  She was disgusted by the idea of having her baby and husband in diapers at the same time and refused to have anything to do with me and diapers.  I had to be in a seperate room away from the family when in diapers so I never changed my son's diapers while wearing a diaper.  At the time I did not wear diapers permanently.  This is around the time I started to wear more often.

Children have no business knowing their parents wear diapers.  It would be confusing and hard to explain particularly to younger kids.  My wife and I have talked about worst case scenarios if one of our children found out and we have an emergency action plan in place should that happen.  

I personally believe that wearing diapers around them is no big deal as long as you are completely diligent to conceal that your padded.  Diapers in this situation are no different than your panties and you do not expose those to your kids.    

It felt normal and I was looking forward for them to be out of diapers. Potty training them was challenging too and it;'s not easy so I can understand why parents would get frustrated with potty training and I have heard extreme cases in the news where they would get charged with child abuse. Makes me wonder what other things have happened that don't appear in the media. I remember my mom spanking my youngest brother for wetting his pants. Maybe he refused to use the toilet earlier so that was why he got spanked. 

My daughter came along when I was 25.  I had already suppressed most of my DL feelings 3 years prior when my wife and I got married.  However, I tended to avoid changing my daughter’s diaper and continued to suppress any DL feelings.  I felt a little weird being obsessed with diapers while my daughter was in them.  Surprisingly I never “stole” any of her diapers or indulged in any way.  It wasn’t until several years later that I felt ok to indulge those desires.

Personally I had no problem back in the day toilet training our kids. Like others said we are still an adult. I did have a lot more sympathy for my son who was much older before we got him dry at night. Doctor helped with that. The only accward thing for me personally was when I was telling them something like "you want to wear underwear like a big kid don't you". As I stood there thinking to myself diapers are better or as I took them to the bathroom in the middle of the night while I wore a wet diaper. Not that they knew I was diapered. Other than that I did all I could to teach them.

I don't have any children (sadly), but I would like to chime in anyway. I have always believed, if you are, or when you become a parent, that's what you are first and foremost. You have the monumental task, and responsibility of raising that small person, into the best big person that you possibly can, and to the best of your ability. Most of the time, that means putting aside a lot of things, to be the parent. Parents sacrifice many things, in the process. But, you are still the person you are, and retain that other non parent side. There is a duality to us all. So, I think there is a time you are parent, and a time you are not. That is maybe when a person's DL, or AB side can come back on. (THE BABY'S CRYING!), that side switches off, parent is back on. So, you can be both, and have a separate life to parenthood. I can go on, but time is short, and I think my point is mostly made.    

1 hour ago, KinsyInRibbons said:

Now I am not an AB, and have little interest in that side of the fetish. However, as a DL... who chooses to be diapered 24/7, I have a moral problem that I, note it is me, I don't put this on anyone else, with the thought of one day potty training a kid I may or may not have. 

The problem is: Should I let them choose when they are ready, without pushing them in any direction, even if that means they are never ready... or should I conform to the expectations of our culture, potty train them, ensuring they have a full picture to make the choice later in life?

Furthermore, if I choose to train them, yet willingly wear and use diapers myself, what moral ground do I have to stand on them to do the opposite of what I choose to do. I don't have a medical condition, so I do not have any real need to fall back onto. I know from working with kids that they are a lot smarter than many adults give them credit for, and I would full expect to called out and have to answer this very question, and I do not know how to answer it.

I say this Kinsy, my thinking on potty training is, don’t push it, nor hold back. I think kids are very inquisitive, and want to know. They want to know what mommy and daddy are doing in the bathroom. So, you show them what you are doing, explaining the why’s and wherefore’s. They’ll take away what they want from it at an early stage. From there, take the clues from them. You know when little ones are doing their business. And that’s the time to see if they want to try it on the potty? Maybe they will, or maybe they aren’t ready to. Fall back and wait again. Even better is when they see other kids using the potty. Monkey see monkey do. Eventually, they will come around to the idea, that’s where ya go, and how. If you help guide them, and bring them along, they will do it in there own time. Being a little ferm at times, and lots of praise can’t heart either. It’s like teaching anything else, them them want to learn, and let then think it’s their idea to do so. 

I would never say to a child, “okay it’s time for you to be potty trained! (Hand clap, hand clap),lets go!” That wouldn’t be my way of doing things. 

As far as you wearing diapers in front of a child, you are trying to train. I would soft peddle them, and try and keep my diapers out of sight. For nothing else, more then you are trying to give them a clear idea, without confusion. Later, they can tackle the idea, adults in diapers is not a bad thing, etc, etc. 

Those are my thoughts, I’m no expert, and I don’t  have children, but I think I have some good common sense. 

And anything worth teaching, is no mear easy task. Razing children comes under that heading.