LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Will a Wet Diaper Make a Room Smelly?

white65

It would probably depend on your water intake, thusly how strong the urine in the diaper is. If you are well hydrated with water & you put the diaper on a few hours before you go to bed & wet it before you go to sleep & don't change until morning, It shouldn't make your room smell. 

I don't know that the entire room will smell but I know that anytime I go to bed in a wet diaper, or wake up in a wet diaper, I can smell the diaper myself? It could cause a faint smell depending on how sensitive your nose is. I know if you leave a wet diaper in the room it will smell within hours (depending on the size of the room). Your bed sheets might have the faint smell at minimum? 

• Like 2

short answer: yes!

longer answer: yes, but it's faint and dissipates quickly enough. it kinda depends on a few factors. such as how hydrated you were while wetting, how long you wore for (2 hours vs 20+ hours, etc), room/bed temperature. 

the less hydrated you were, the more concentrated your urine was with all the things that make it smell. also if you wore for the day's first wetting in the morning it is again more concentrated. if you go to bed in an already wet diaper, continue to wet it in the morning, your room/bed is on the very warm side, and you stay in bed for several hours after your morning whiz, then the extra warmth will make your diaper with all it's concentrated wee start to smell quicker. cooler temps help things not smell as fast. the smell itself is only contained in the sheets and blankets as air, like a fart. you fart in bed, you fluff the blankets and the smell goes away, the diaper odor is the same way. but if you get your stale wee on the bedding, then the smell sticks around for a bit longer until you change bedding, or use fabreeze or an enzymatic cleaner to dissolve the smell. also keeping something else that smells in your room is a good cover up. strong deodorant, cologne, powder, laundry dryer sheets, small cage animals, incense, fabreeze etc etc. 

I don't know that the entire room will smell but I know that anytime I go to bed in a wet diaper, or wake up in a wet diaper, I can smell the diaper myself? It could cause a faint smell depending on how sensitive your nose is. I know if you leave a wet diaper in the room it will smell within hours (depending on the size of the room). Your bed sheets might have the faint smell at minimum? 
Typicaly if I use a disposable overnight away from home (Northshore) it doesn't smell anything like morning at home that a normaly wear cloth , premium diapers have good odor control , as long as your "normal" hydrated not pushing fluids or restricting them . The one person who loves my morning cloth is my dog he has to get a good snoot full every morning , what ever gets you thru the day ! I have been IC a long time and diapers in the modern day contain a lot of odor although if you want some extra time wear some plastic pants over top .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, white65 said:

I know if a used diaper sits in the closet it will start to stink up the whole room in a day or two.

But if I wear a wet diaper to bed would it make my room smell like pee the next morning?

I take nullo pills and this almost eliminates all of the smell from my pee pee.  If I wear a diaper pushing 12 hours sometimes I have a faint urine smell.  There is definately a big difference if I forget to take my pills and my wife and I both agree.  If I have missed some pills the morning time is definately the strongest but I really only notice it when I move around and break the seal so to speak.

Diaper selection can have a factor as well. Cheap store bought stuff tends to not hide odors as well as premium/AB diapers. I remember Depends and Goodnites stink up easily from back in the day when that's all I had access to. Now I almost exclusively use AB diapers and can wear without concern. 

• Like 1

Simple question - if the diaper is used why not dispose of it ?

Why store or let it remain in that room's vicinity to smell it up ?

I take a newspaper plastic sleeve and put the used diaper in

that and take it out with the garbage.

If using cloth diapers take them to a laundry room and take

care to soak the smell out and wash then and there ?

Personally I think the key is keeping yourself properly hydrated. I do know that if I don't drink enough water my pee tends to have a more pronounced scent. With that said I have never really run into a problem of my overnight soaked diaper scenting up the room when I wake up. Because of the close proximity of my nose vs diaper, yes, I can detect my pee aroma in the morning.....lmao. I will add though that some medications can really upset your pee scent, so keep that in mind.:03_EmoticonsHDcom: 

On 2/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, white65 said:

I know if a used diaper sits in the closet it will start to stink up the whole room in a day or two.

But if I wear a wet diaper to bed would it make my room smell like pee the next morning?

I have a question on this topic: If white65 wore plastic or rubber pants over his wet diaper and then went to bed, wouldn't the plastic or rubber pants contain the smell? 

I haven't worn my diapers consistently in bed but when I do, I wear my plastic pants over them. When morning time comes around I haven't ever noticed a smell or odor from my diaper. Maybe my nose doesn't work right.

Penry

25 minutes ago, Penry said:

I have a question on this topic: If white65 wore plastic or rubber pants over his wet diaper and then went to bed, wouldn't the plastic or rubber pants contain the smell? 

I haven't worn my diapers consistently in bed but when I do, I wear my plastic pants over them. When morning time comes around I haven't ever noticed a smell or odor from my diaper. Maybe my nose doesn't work right.

Penry

After a while you won't notice the smell so much anyway. When I first became incontinent. My wife was paranoid about pee smells. She never mentions it now.

11 minutes ago, stevewet said:

After a while you won't notice the smell so much anyway. When I first became incontinent. My wife was paranoid about pee smells. She never mentions it now.

Hi stevewet:   Does the plastic, vinyl, rubber pants contain the odor? Or they don't?

2 hours ago, Penry said:

Hi stevewet:   Does the plastic, vinyl, rubber pants contain the odor? Or they don't?

I wear plastic panties all the time and they do a real fine job on containing your pee scents:03_EmoticonsHDcom:

3 hours ago, DiaperHappiness said:

I wear plastic panties all the time and they do a real fine job on containing your pee scents:03_EmoticonsHDcom:

Thanks DiaperHappiness

• Like 1
On 3/2/2018 at 6:50 PM, stevewet said:

I find plastic pants do contain the pee smell for a while.

Thanks for your reply stevewet

I can't fall asleep when wearing a diaper, but once more I tried to last night.  I normally get up 6 to 7 times a night to pee and thought with my new CPAP that might help me sleep better so I put on a disposable diaper and plastic pants about 10pm last night.  Sure enough, all night I got maybe 45 total minutes of sleep, but every time I had to pee, I rolled on my back and used my diaper.  About 5:30 this morning I noticed my plastic pants had leaked around one of the legs.  Not bad, but enough to leave a very small wet spot on my sheet.  I got up at 6am and was soaked.  The first thing I noticed was I could smell my urine even with the plastic pants on.  Once I pulled down the plastic pants, the smell was really pronounced.  Normally I only wear for about 3 hours in the mornings when I get up and I don't notice the smell.  It may have been because I was in that diaper for 8 hours and it's not a premium disposable, just a Prevail.  Perhaps odor might be more pronounced the longer you are in the diaper.  3 hours not so much, 8 hours a lot more.  I also agree that light colored urine doesn't smell as much as dark colored urine and it very well may be what you eat and drink affects how your pee smells.  Taking off or changing your diaper when it smells of urine can very much cause the smell to linger in a room, even if you bag it as quickly as possible.  As fast as people are, when changing diapers the wet one will usually lay around for a minute or two and that can be enough to cause a lingering smell in the room.