LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

4 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

So even though this topic is about you becoming a bedwetter, if you end up being diaper-dependent 24/7, that's ok too, right? (I think several of us would like to get there, me included!)

For me one followed the other and I am dependant on nappies 24/7

One "side effect" of what I'm doing to start bed-wetting is peeing with increased frequency with reduced volume per "wetting" during the day. That has happened. At least I'm clearly moving in that direction. There is an option to add some "pants wetting" to the program if desired. In any event, it's a good idea to be prepared to have to go more frequently during the day, and eventually a bit more urgently. It's kind of erratic -- not predictable. That just seems to happen as a by-product even if you're not looking to become a pants-wetter but just a bed-wetter.
There are obvious implications with this that I certainly do not have to describe to this community!
bob
How have you accomplished peeing more frequently and in smaller volumes? Drinking more during the day or by doing something different?

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

On 2/19/2018 at 10:49 PM, Inconito said:

How have you accomplished peeing more frequently and in smaller volumes? Drinking more during the day or by doing something different?

Well, I have increased the fluid intake a bit. But part of the key seems to be not holding it, at least for long. Which means you head for the restroom at the slightest urge, or your wear diapers.

Bob

5 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

Well, I have increased the fluid intake a bit. But part of the key seems to be not holding it, at least for long. Which means you head for the restroom at the slightest urge, or your wear diapers.

Bob

Just letting it flow as soon as you feel the slightest need is one sure way to loose bladder control

I wish you luck on your bed wetting endeavours. I have thought from time to time about how it would feel to simply wet my bed instead of wearing my diaper. A few times I have experimented with drinking more fluids than normal before bed and wearing my diaper without plastic pants. I must admit it was rather pleasing to see that I nicely leaked onto the sheets and mattress protector.:03_EmoticonsHDcom:

Bob
So how much fluid did you drink before? You said you increased fluid intake slightly.

I have signed up for a trial week, I'm exited to see what it may bring..

I have tried to follow the 12'month diaper program but didn't see any significant results from it, yes I began peeing more frequently, urges to pee became more significant. But even after years of doing this, I never lost any control, and only in a few instances did I wake up during the night needing to pee, but never any sleep wetting.

9 hours ago, stevewet said:

Just letting it flow as soon as you feel the slightest need is one sure way to loose bladder control

Thanks, Steve, for the confidence-builder. And I'm sure it's one for more folks than just me!

A couple of questions come to mind since it sound like you are speaking from experience, or otherwise with some real knowledge about this:

• Did you achieve some degree of urinary incontinence by always :"letting it flow as soon as you feel the slightest need?"
  • Any mental training or particular thinking -- things you repeatedly told yourself -- to make it happen?
  • Then the big question -- how long did it take?

Best,

Bob

11 minutes ago, Inconito said:

So how much fluid did you drink before? You said you increased fluid intake slightly.

I have signed up for a trial week, I'm exited to see what it may bring..

I have tried to follow the 12'month diaper program but didn't see any significant results from it, yes I began peeing more frequently, urges to pee became more significant. But even after years of doing this, I never lost any control, and only in a few instances did I wake up during the night needing to pee, but never any sleep wetting.

First, good luck to you! It will be a busy week.

With regard to fluid intake, I'm kind of a screw up. Apparently for some time I did not drink enough, partially contributing to two instances of when I developed kidney stones. While there are meds that can be prescribed to reduce the chances of that happening again, drinking plenty of fluids supposedly flushes the kidneys more frequently, and this supposedly makes it tougher for kidney stones to form. I'd try to learn to sleep standing on my head to avoid those miserable things if that helped. With all deference to the ladies who have  birthed children, kidney stones are supposedly more painful than childbirth, although I'm obviously not in the place to make such a comparison. In my case, the pain lasted a few days each time. The kidney stones laughed at the prescription pain killers.

I understand (again, check with medical authorities to verify this), that by the time you feel really thirsty, you're already a bit dehydrated. One recommendation is to drink 1/2 ounce of fluids per day for each pound of body weight. I'm probably closer to 3/4 ounce per day. It should be spread out over the day, and not downed all at once.

Hope that helps!

Bob

4 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

Thanks, Steve, for the confidence-builder. And I'm sure it's one for more folks than just me!

A couple of questions come to mind since it sound like you are speaking from experience, or otherwise with some real knowledge about this:

• Did you achieve some degree of urinary incontinence by always :"letting it flow as soon as you feel the slightest need?"
  • Any mental training or particular thinking -- things you repeatedly told yourself -- to make it happen?
  • Then the big question -- how long did it take?

Best,

Bob

First, good luck to you! It will be a busy week.

With regard to fluid intake, I'm kind of a screw up. Apparently for some time I did not drink enough, partially contributing to two instances of when I developed kidney stones. While there are meds that can be prescribed to reduce the chances of that happening again, drinking plenty of fluids supposedly flushes the kidneys more frequently, and this supposedly makes it tougher for kidney stones to form. I'd try to learn to sleep standing on my head to avoid those miserable things if that helped. With all deference to the ladies who have  birthed children, kidney stones are supposedly more painful than childbirth, although I'm obviously not in the place to make such a comparison. In my case, the pain lasted a few days each time. The kidney stones laughed at the prescription pain killers.

I understand (again, check with medical authorities to verify this), that by the time you feel really thirsty, you're already a bit dehydrated. One recommendation is to drink 1/2 ounce of fluids per day for each pound of body weight. I'm probably closer to 3/4 ounce per day. It should be spread out over the day, and not downed all at once.

Hope that helps!

Bob

Just letting it flow certainly sped my incontinence up. I just accepted my incontinence and convinced my self I didn't are any more.

6 hours ago, stevewet said:

Just letting it flow certainly sped my incontinence up. I just accepted my incontinence and convinced my self I didn't are any more.

Which goes to show that a behavioral approach works. Sort of like if you never use certain muscles, they weaken. So, just ignoring urges is part of the answer.

But that means really ignoring them. No holding back at all. You wear a diaper and depend on it. You don't ever think "Well, I really could stop this if I had to." And you behave as though you truly had zero control. My guess is that is what really speeds things up -- if I understand what you are saying.

Bob

Three and a half weeks in.

• Daytime frequency is up noticeably.
  • I think he volume is lower each time than it used to be.
  • And the stream is sometimes weak --- just sort of slowly flows, and stops gradually.
  • Still waking up dry in middle of night. Pretty easy to wet my diaper and go back to sleep..

Bob

2 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

Which goes to show that a behavioral approach works. Sort of like if you never use certain muscles, they weaken. So, just ignoring urges is part of the answer.

But that means really ignoring them. No holding back at all. You wear a diaper and depend on it. You don't ever think "Well, I really could stop this if I had to." And you behave as though you truly had zero control. My guess is that is what really speeds things up -- if I understand what you are saying.

Bob

Three and a half weeks in.

• Daytime frequency is up noticeably.
  • I think he volume is lower each time than it used to be.
  • And the stream is sometimes weak --- just sort of slowly flows, and stops gradually.
  • Still waking up dry in middle of night. Pretty easy to wet my diaper and go back to sleep..

Bob

Absolutely I lost just about all my bladder control within 6 months to a year of going 24/7 by just giving up the fight and just peeing in my nappy at the slightest need.

Becoming a bedwetter is just a case of mind over matter. You have to convince your mind it doesn't matter if you wet the bed.

7 hours ago, stevewet said:

Absolutely I lost just about all my bladder control within 6 months to a year of going 24/7 by just giving up the fight and just peeing in my nappy at the slightest need.

Becoming a bedwetter is just a case of mind over matter. You have to convince your mind it doesn't matter if you wet the bed.

So we’re on the same page here, pretty much. I’m guessing the “Holy Grail” would be a method of speeding things up without doing anything medically dangerous. Or, at least a way of seeing at least some progress before, say, three months go by. It could be out there. 

So it’s not like you have great control one week, and are incontinent the next. Which brings up the question:

How long did it take you from start to the point where you would experience enough of a change to make you concerned about going out undiapered? That would seem like a tipping point when you knew what you’re doing is working. 

I’m almost four weeks into 24/7 and a couple of other approaches.  Since it’s been close to a month since I’ve made any effort at control, I’m wondering how reliable my control is  I don’t want to try to find out since I don’t want to impede progress  

Thanks,

Bob

From what I have seen with other people's progress, at 1 month in you still have full control. Real results tend to start at earliest 6 months. Some people have reported small accidents at that time. I believe general consensus is about a year before you have lost total control. YMMV.

15 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

So we’re on the same page here, pretty much. I’m guessing the “Holy Grail” would be a method of speeding things up without doing anything medically dangerous. Or, at least a way of seeing at least some progress before, say, three months go by. It could be out there. 

So it’s not like you have great control one week, and are incontinent the next. Which brings up the question:

How long did it take you from start to the point where you would experience enough of a change to make you concerned about going out undiapered? That would seem like a tipping point when you knew what you’re doing is working. 

I’m almost four weeks into 24/7 and a couple of other approaches.  Since it’s been close to a month since I’ve made any effort at control, I’m wondering how reliable my control is  I don’t want to try to find out since I don’t want to impede progress  

Thanks,

Bob

For me it was a bit different as I was experiencing some incontinence but was fighting it. Eventually I just gave up the fight and switched to nappies 24/7 and just stopped trying and just let my pee flow. I lost all my control within a year.

From what I have seen with other people's progress, at 1 month in you still have full control. Real results tend to start at earliest 6 months. Some people have reported small accidents at that time. I believe general consensus is about a year before you have lost total control. YMMV.
Even though I have tried to become diaper dependent / incontinent by wetting and wearing diapers 24/7 I still have control, though I never really exercised that control.
When I'm focused on my work, or in situations which require my full attention, or sleeping my sphincter basically closes up. Which is annoying to me.

8 hours ago, Inconito said:

Even though I have tried to become diaper dependent / incontinent by wetting and wearing diapers 24/7 I still have control, though I never really exercised that control.
When I'm focused on my work, or in situations which require my full attention, or sleeping my sphincter basically closes up. Which is annoying to me.

I've highlighted the comment in your post with which I can most identify. If only that stupid sphincter --  internal, external, or both -- would just go away and quit bothering me, it would be a huge help. As it is, sphincters are a problem and are in serious need of retraining and getting with the program. Accelerating that is desirable, but not too easy so I gather from other comments.

Is it a training of the sphincters themselves that needs to be done? Or is it the brain that needs to start sending different signals? Or do we want to confuse both of them so things get unpredictable -- which is just one goal on the way to success.

Bob

On 2/22/2018 at 1:25 PM, Your Wet Friend said:

Thanks,

Bob

Years ago struggling with chronic dry nights I discovered a reasonably surefire way to wet in my sleep.  Coincidentally, it’s one of the “to be eliminated” bladder irritants listed in the University of Washington document you referenced in another thread … alcohol.  Yep, I found relaxing with a beer or two before bed often resulted in a nocturnal accident.  Encouraged by beer induced “accidents”, I rededicated myself to conventional training till achieving my goal of regular bed-wetting with nothing but a diaper and glass of water before bed.  And, I hasten to add, “achieving” multiple away from home and nap unplanned wettings.

In case you’re wondering, I wet the bed (diaper) last night and in all likelihood will do the same tonight.  I couldn’t be happier.  Good luck.

Hi WBxx,

As it turns out, due to some of the meds I take, alcohol is out of bounds for me. So I cannot try your solution.

On to another subject, something odd is going on with my "coached" training. I'm barely four weeks in and there seems to be some confusion between my brain and my bladder. I can wake up at night and a wet a diaper with no problems, quickly going back to sleep even if there are some leaks. Sometimes I get up in the morning and feel a need to pee, but nothing happens and the urge goes away only to come back strongly an hour or so ago at which I do wet my diaper.

So I don't know if my bladder was fooling my brain into thinking there was pee in it when there was not?  Or if my brain thought I would need to pee on getting up as was a habit, but nothing was there, having been released overnight?

In other words, I'm guessing that my bladder and brain are getting their wires crossed a bit. What I'm doing may be messing with both of them.

The reason I mention this is because this is all very new to me. Waking up in the middle of the night and peeing is new. Rolling over and going back to sleep is new. Having periodic urges to go while being unable to do so is weird and new. And being able to wet easily lying down, sitting, and standing is new.

Whether I wet myself last night in my sleep after the time I wet myself when I work up in the middle of the night I cannot say. I was soaked when I got up mid-morning. And I do go to bed very heavily padded. Something in me doubts that I had a bedwetting incident asleep last night, but I cannot rule out the possibility.

Earlier in the evening, around 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm, I wet myself three times while sitting in my recliner playing with the computer. That's never happened before. It seems like a slow flow rather than a gusher. Strange things are happening here.

And there's the update on a very perplexing Saturday afternoon.

Have a fun Saturday night!

Bob

I'm envious that you've been able to experiment with this!  Do you have a partner and if so, how did you negotiate permission to do this?  I'm long-time married and as much as I'd love to try this (if only for a while), there would be marital strife aplenty :-(

On 2/24/2018 at 3:25 PM, WBxx said:

Years ago struggling with chronic dry nights I discovered a reasonably surefire way to wet in my sleep.  Coincidentally, it’s one of the “to be eliminated” bladder irritants listed in the University of Washington document you referenced in another thread … alcohol.  Yep, I found relaxing with a beer or two before bed often resulted in a nocturnal accident.  Encouraged by beer induced “accidents”, I rededicated myself to conventional training till achieving my goal of regular bed-wetting with nothing but a diaper and glass of water before bed.  And, I hasten to add, “achieving” multiple away from home and nap unplanned wettings.

In case you’re wondering, I wet the bed (diaper) last night and in all likelihood will do the same tonight.  I couldn’t be happier.  Good luck.

Same experience here. I found that especially if really tired from a double shift at work, long bike ride (over 150km) or extra-intense workout, a few glasses of wine or beer will induce an accident. First time this happened I was fortunately diapered (Depends with a Huggies booster at the time). Waking up with a clearly wet, swollen diaper I couldn't believe it, and the mix of confusion, shame and delight at the same time was quite intense.

The main thing is to not overdo it, I found that just getting a bit buzzed (far from really drunk) does it. And for obvious reasons, it's not for everyone, nor for every night. Prehydrating also helps. Drink enough water over 1-2 hours to get your pee clear, then have the beer/wine, and go to bed right away.

Some other folks in this forum have reported success with sleeping pills, but I would steer clear of that. Especially if mixed with alcohol the results can be unpredictable and potentially way too dangerous for "recreational" use. Plus many sleeping pills are now increasingly linked with increases in mortality rates from cancer and other causes.

3 hours ago, agapoulo said:

The main thing is to not overdo it, I found that just getting a bit buzzed (far from really drunk) does it. And for obvious reasons, it's not for everyone, nor for every night. Prehydrating also helps. Drink enough water over 1-2 hours to get your pee clear, then have the beer/wine, and go to bed right away.

Some other folks in this forum have reported success with sleeping pills, but I would steer clear of that. Especially if mixed with alcohol the results can be unpredictable and potentially way too dangerous for "recreational" use. Plus many sleeping pills are now increasingly linked with increases in mortality rates from cancer and other causes.

I clipped part of your post because you really nailed it on at least one point. "Prehydrating also helps. Drink enough water over 1-2 hours to get your pee clear..."

So I understand, urine output is influenced by intake over a day or two. That makes sense, but what it implies is that the idea of drinking less fluids during the day, then guzzling water or iced-tea down in huge amounts right before bed is a bad idea. You're more likely to get a stomachache than any permanent change in bedwetting experiences.

The idea is to make the whole bedwetting thing routine. So those activities that promote it become routine. I'm far from an expert on the topic, but somehow the body/brain figures out when to signal the urge to pee as well as how/when to respond to that. We're trying to change all of that.

That's very doable. It's just finding the path to accomplish that, and staying on that path that can be a project.

16 hours ago, oznl said:

I'm envious that you've been able to experiment with this!  Do you have a partner and if so, how did you negotiate permission to do this?  I'm long-time married and as much as I'd love to try this (if only for a while), there would be marital strife aplenty :-(

No, I'm single. And all I can say is that your marriage, and harmony within it, is infinitely more valuable than anything abdl related, including bedwetting.

Congratulations on a successful marriage. There are clearly people who are jealous of you.

Bob

3 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

So I understand, urine output is influenced by intake over a day or two. That makes sense, but what it implies is that the idea of drinking less fluids during the day, then guzzling water or iced-tea down in huge amounts right before bed is a bad idea. You're more likely to get a stomachache than any permanent change in bedwetting experiences.

Many factors influence urine output, ranging from how salty you have been eating, exertion, several medications, temperature, and obviously fluid intake. In a healthy adult, if normally hydrated (pale straw coloured urine), increasing water intake over the last 2 hours before bedtime is unlikely to cause stomach aches, and should result in fairly copious urine output by bedtime. The idea is to go to bed with an empty bladder, and be quickly, deeply sleeping and relaxed thanks to the ethanol's sedative effect by the time the bladder is full. Actual optimal water intake needed will vary depending on body weight and composition, and can only be ascertained through personal experimentation.

Please note this "optimisation" is strongly discouraged for people with hypertension, diabetes, renal insufficiency, or any other disease where homeostasis is already compromised. As with anything else involving "hacking" your body's intricate balance and systems, do your research and go gradual.

20 hours ago, agapoulo said:

Please note this "optimisation" is strongly discouraged for people with hypertension, diabetes, renal insufficiency, or any other disease where homeostasis is already compromised. As with anything else involving "hacking" your body's intricate balance and systems, do your research and go gradual.

You make a very important point there. None of this ABDL, bedwetting, incontinence desires, or related stuff should be pursued to the extent that you endanger your health. Never. It is just not worth the risk.

And, as I'm learning, unhealthy procedures are not necessary anyway. I have, in my impatience, acquired the services of a "coach" to push things along. Whether that makes sense to you is your call. He uses modifications of the techniques he employes in helping kids and adults stop bedwetting, to help adults become bedwetters. I've been happy so far. In fact, I'm four weeks in and today I stood up at a public venue having wet my disposable a couple of times previously. I didn't notice an urge to pee when I stood up, but I did notice it starting on its own right away. Keep in mind that I focus on never, ever being "clenched," so maybe the brain is getting the message to just "go" whenever? I don't understand physiology well enough to know for sure. Maybe my brain and my bladder are completely confused as they adjust to the "new normal?"

It's a very interesting journey. I also blog about this at my own blog which is below. Links to my "coach" are there as well if you are interested in asking him some questions. I'm getting over 100 unique visitors per day and the blog is just now one week old. I'm doing no paid advertising. That might not sound like a lot of visitors, but for a niche within a niche within a niche that starting bedwetting is, I'm sort of happy,

I'm not currently taking comments on my blog as I just don't want to chase down potential problems. Instead, on my blog I recommend people visit Daily Diapers to engage in discussions.They'll get more exposure here, and I have neither the time nor the desire to compete with this forum here. I just want to contribute helpful stuff when I can.

Bob

I do post a log on my blog and send it to my Twitter account, but I also update those here who are just interested in my progress.

So....

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night as I was just starting to wet my diaper in bed. Whether you call that a "near miss" or a real "bedwetting accident" I'm not sure. Maybe somewhere in between. Yet it is encouraging. This is almost weeks into going 24/7 with regard to peeing.

The important part, I think is that I never, ever, do anything in response to feeling the urge to pee. No "getting adjusted" or "just checking." While I have to pee, I pee. In other words, it's an "act as if so that you achieve your goal." Those who are incontinent or are real bedwetters don't have much of an option of postponing things until a more convenient time. Hence, that's part of the training I'm doing. I have noticed a couple of times that I have not noticed an urge before wetting myself during the day.

Those brave souls who have trod this path before I'm sure have a lot more useful information to share if they are so inclined.

What I don't do is drink huge amounts of water a half hour before going to bed. Again, the goal is to mimic a real bedwetter with a few "extras" thrown in.

So far, so good.

Bob

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

I do post a log on my blog and send it to my Twitter account, but I also update those here who are just interested in my progress.

So....

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night as I was just starting to wet my diaper in bed. Whether you call that a "near miss" or a real "bedwetting accident" I'm not sure. Maybe somewhere in between. Yet it is encouraging. This is almost weeks into going 24/7 with regard to peeing.

The important part, I think is that I never, ever, do anything in response to feeling the urge to pee. No "getting adjusted" or "just checking." While I have to pee, I pee. In other words, it's an "act as if so that you achieve your goal." Those who are incontinent or are real bedwetters don't have much of an option of postponing things until a more convenient time. Hence, that's part of the training I'm doing. I have noticed a couple of times that I have not noticed an urge before wetting myself during the day.

Those brave souls who have trod this path before I'm sure have a lot more useful information to share if they are so inclined.

What I don't do is drink huge amounts of water a half hour before going to bed. Again, the goal is to mimic a real bedwetter with a few "extras" thrown in.

So far, so good.

Bob

Sounds like you are making progress. The most important thing is to always just let it flow at the slightest feeling.