LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

??? YOUTH/ADULT GERBER PANTS ADS ???

AbabeBill

Question

Hi, I was wondering if anyone remembers, when Gerber produced youth, and adult sized plastic pants? Not so much, the later VIP company, which took over the plastic pants manufacturing. What I want to know, is did Gerber ever advertise youth, or larger sizes anywhere? Did they ever have printed flyers or, any magazine ads of any kind? Any ads, of any kind? I would like to find some, or a least a picture of any such ads. I'd appreciate any help, THANKS!!!  

14 answers to this question

No, not what I was looking for. Appreciate the effort though. I was talking about the actual Gerber company, and adult size plastic pants, from years ago, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s. 

On a side note, I have the ones in your link. Very loud and crinkly. Lol. 

Angela Baur would know

Gerber never actually made adult sizes. VIP was started by former Gerber employeed who purchased the embossed plastic from Gerber and made the adult sizes. They finally went out of business when Gerber would no longer sell them the plastic. Fast forward to today, Gerber sells PEVA plastic pants for babies but no longer sells PVC baby pants.

Protex sells something called I Can't Believe It Isn't Gerber Made of smooth material

https://www.myprotex.com/collections/plastic/products/protex-i-cant-believe-its-not-gerber-ii-pink-plastic-baby-pants-132

I got a pack of the PEVA panties and when I felt the material, two words came to mind "garbage bag". If all you had waw panpers, you would not know these from the good ones.  Dolly Andrea and Dolly Lisa said that if I evern THOUGHT about putting those on them, they would leave and find some boy who would treat them better, whicch, they said, would not be hard to do. Takes "feels chintzy" to a new level. Tres abominable!

They are perfectly well behaved. They know I never would. Have you ever seen how pathetic a sad dolly is? Besides, when I say "leave" I mean something else. Her personality goes away and to get it back you need a Dolly Fairy, It is a long, complicated and arduous process, and she is still never the same

Also, I saw and touched a PEVA shower curtain. It felt like low-quality plastic

Even back in the mid and late 1950's and in the '60's I often wondered why they never used polyetheline to make baby panties with. The material was durable enough and used for things like drop cloths and pocket-portable rain gear

If you want to be fully historically accurate, Gerber had panties made of milky whit material that was smooth on both sides. I have some on my dollies. I would use the 6 mil since, the real thing are about 3 mil and adult panties are at least double the thickness of baby so you might want to make them proportionatly thicker

For awhile in the 1980's Carolyn's Kids had a panty that was grainy on both sides.That may have been by either Gerber or VIP

There were also two other companies From about 1950 There was Empire, which the last I saw of them was 1985 when I got a couple of pair for a dolly. They used different named materials at different times, In the early days "Koroseal". In 1971, Wataseal" and later the usual milky "white". All were smooth material. In the 1990's I saw somethng called Regency that was a full baby panty with a very wide crotch, made of a smooth but a little thin, what material

If you want to see very early rubber panties then go here and follow the instrudtions

http://other.sandralyn.net/rphof.html

On 4/24/2018 at 5:29 PM, Little Johnny said:

Well, I use these: https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Pants-Gerber-Pullon-Plastic/dp/B003MHLTZI?th=1

Not sure if they're identical to what you're looking for or not? o.O

I also use those. I'm no expert, but I do not think they're identical. The plastic is thinner than I remember and the leg holes were down, not forward facing. They're probably as close as you can cum nowadays.

35 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

Those are made of Peva too, not like the old days. You’d do better with a Gary brand, that still use regular vinyl. 

I have one pair of PEVA and hate it. The only time I wear it is when I want an extra noisy head-turning response. Just don't like them. Gerber has sold its soul to the hair-on-fire environmentalists!!! LEAVE my PLASTIC/RUBBER  alone!!!

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

I have one pair of PEVA and hate it. The only time I wear it is when I want an extra noisy head-turning response. Just don't like them. Gerber has sold its soul to the hair-on-fire environmentalists!!! LEAVE my PLASTIC/RUBBER  alone!!!

Yes, that and cheap labor and materials. Why else, would it once have been made in the US, then to Mexico, and then again to China? 

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

Observe. I would wager my tiara that PEVA is far more complex with more things I would not want near my little body than PVC, like acetate and ethyline. You've been using SARAN WRAP for how many years? and what is Saran?

Why not just PM Angela Baur? Her family was tight with Gerber since they started with baby panties as I understand. She PM'ed me once about childrens' rubber panties