LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

REPLACING THE CASE OF A DELL DESKTOP PC

OK so this is completely unrelated to diapers or anything ABDL but I've had this Dell Desktop computer for a year that I've been meaning to restore. It was my parents computer and they no longer wanted it so they just gsve it to me. It's still fairly new, it has a quad core I5 Intel Processor with 4 GB of ram (I need to expand the ram) and it's only a year old. However, within 1 year, my brother (who is in kindergarten) destroyed the case on it! The door on the case that hides the DVD drives are ripped off, it's dented on the side and their are disgusting food particles everywhere but it still works great, just unsightly.

So what I want to do is replace the case of the computer (along with a few internal upgrades) and use it as a media pc for my TV. However someone at work told me that because it's a pre-built Dell computer that transfering the guts of the pc into another case might not be possible because of custom screw sets on the motherboard (that I guess Dell is notorious for?)? Does anyone have any knowledge about this sorta thing? How would I clarify prior to buying the case that I will be able to transfer the guts of the computer to a new case?

It could just be about the location of the screw holes, look around on the motherboard for a model number and brand, post it here. It might also have a propitiatory cpu cooler that screws into the backplate in the dell case.

Another thing to think about is you might not be able to install a better power supply into your motherboard if you want to upgrade later, but, if you decide you want to rebuild into something better, you should be able to take the processor out and put it on a newer compatible motherboard, same with the RAM

27 minutes ago, barnburner said:

It could just be about the location of the screw holes, look around on the motherboard for a model number and brand, post it here. It might also have a propitiatory cpu cooler that screws into the backplate in the dell case.

Another thing to think about is you might not be able to install a better power supply into your motherboard if you want to upgrade later, but, if you decide you want to rebuild into something better, you should be able to take the processor out and put it on a newer compatible motherboard, same with the RAM

I will have to get a picture of the mother board and see if I can't find a model number. I did want to upgrade the ram and video card so that I could get more out of it but I didn't think about having issues with the power supply. :huh:

a 1 year old i5 processor?!? damn, i'm jealous! i'm here on a 2009 hp dv6000 laptop with stock hardware, lmao!