LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

leaking diapers at night

oldwetter66

I to am a side sleeper and have been using Betterdry diapers (Large) for the past 6 or 7 months inplace of the medium confidry 24/7 and I have had fewer leaks at night since switching. night time  incontinence is a challenge to deal with for us side sleepers.

I don't wear diapers to bed for sleeping, however I have laid down in bed in the day to relax a bit when in an already wet diaper.  Of course, I continue to wet it and when laying on my back, yes, it will leak out the top in the back when over saturated.  That is only natural with a disposable diaper since all the pee will tend to puddle at the lowest point, which is the back of your diaper as you are laying on it.  When that padding is saturated, it will leak out the top back of the diaper.  Side sleeping in disposables or laying on my side and wetting will cause more leaks around the legs and crotch.  Even with plastic pants, a soaked disposable diaper may leak out the top back if laying on your back and you over saturate your diaper.  Disposables can only absorb so much before the excess finds any little opening to escape.

As others have already mentioned, the best diaper method for sleeping, especially side sleeping is good old trusted cloth.  You can add bulk as needed, and the beauty is with cloth, it wicks very efficiently so until the diaper package you are wearing is totally saturated, is it difficult to leak if topped off with appropriate waterproof panties.

Only time I really leak at night with the cloth diapers is if I drink a lot I may not get the plastic pants on right. I really dont know. But in hotels I wear diap diapers they are just not Made for A side sleeper.But north shore diapers do work with the side panels.But they cost A lot 

I've been wetting my diapers every night going on 3 months and only once have I woke up to a wet bed, that was due to a soaked diaper that could hold no more. I only wear disposable diapers and my brand of choice for night time is Northshore Supreme.

I also sleep on my side as I can not fall asleep laying on my back, I do however roll from one side to the other in my sleep and I'm not sure when I wet my diaper or what position I'm sleeping in at the time, but for me I always point mine down and it seems to work best for me. 

• 3 months later...

If I wet while sleeping on my side and I'm wearing a pullup plastic pant, it leaks out the top and leg of the pant. If I'm wearing a velcro pant or just a disposable, it leaks out the side.

If I wet while sleeping on my back, it leaks out the back of the legs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 7:05 PM, rio20090 said:

If I wet while sleeping on my side and I'm wearing a pullup plastic pant, it leaks out the top and leg of the pant. If I'm wearing a velcro pant or just a disposable, it leaks out the side.

My nappies often leak but I don't care.

I'm a side sleeper also, but I tend to sleep nearly on my stomach.  When I pee at night it is still directed into my Huggies size 6 Little Movers before being able to run into my ATNs.  With plastic pants this has very very rarely let me down.

• 1 month later...

Since I sleep primarily on my back, the majority of my leaks come from the top in the back if I'm wearing a disposable. My solution for mitigating leaks is to pin a cloth pre-loaded over the top and finish it off with a pair of plastic pants. 

Cheers

I am a side sleeper. When at home I wear double prefold cloth diapers covered with proper fitted plastic pants. I seldom have leaks and when I do it is usually no more than a wet waistband. When I woke this morning my double diaper was completely saturated but my plastic pants hadn't leaked a single drop. When I travel I wear doubled up disposable diapers covered with plastic pants. I poke holes or cut sits in the plastic cover of the inside disposable so that it lets the urine pass through to the outside disposable. This works OK but it does tend to leak more frequently. For my two cents there's nothing better for managing night time wetting than cloth diapers and plastic pants. 

I would add just a foot note to what SBB said above, and that is that the plastic pants have to be the correct type and fit. IE high back, wide crotch with good elastic at waist and legs to work well.  Some of what I have used were not high enough in back and leaked out the back by morning.

Agreed deewet. In the 20 years since I lost bladder control I have tried many brands and sizes of plastic pants. For the past several years I have been using Kins 6 mil plastic pants with the 1" waistband. They are a little higher waist and are very soft, very quiet, long lasting and comfortable to wear. Sizing all depends on the individual. Body size, how thick is your diaper, etc... Just make sure that you purchase a size roomy enough for your needs. 

• 9 months later...

I wear pin-on cloth diapers and they just don't leak... but the Paper Diapers all leak. The Leak-Guards overflow, the side-panels leak, Pin-Holes in the plastic cover leak, Water-Proof Non-Woven Layers LEAK, the Tapes Fail... the diaper falls OFF and I LEAK...

This would be a fun RANT, sorry, but I'll stick with cloth and Leak-Proof.

?

• 1 month later...

heyy,

I used to leak a lot while sleeping, like basically every night. I looked online a bit and ordered a onesie to help with keeping th diaper secure and in place. The onesie is a little tight around the crotch but it really helps to keep the sides from leaking. When i suspect i'll be sleeping for a long time like on the weekend i'll add a booster in which really helps with a quicker absorbance (though in the morning it looks really bulky).

• 2 weeks later...

Just returning from a week away where I was able to wear overnight on multiple occasions.  On two of the three nights, I woke up soaked, and my leakmaster deluxe vinyl waterproof pants worked wonders, not even a drop got out to my mattress protector.

Can't say enough about a proper fitting good waterproof pantie for helping a diaper have the time needed to absorb all you can put into it.

Should "How to prevent side leaks/leaks in bed" just be a sticky? It has to be one of the most asked about questions on DD, and the answer is always the same:

1. The diaper has to fit well.
  2. If wearing a disposable, wear terry- or flannel-lined plastic panties over it. Regular plastic pants won't contain the leak because there is nothing to absorb it.
  3. Cloth with plastic panties rarely leak if it fits well because the cloth covers the side of the hip, unlike disposables where there is not absorbent material at the hip.
On 5/17/2018 at 11:05 AM, rio20090 said:

I assume your pull up plastic pant is covering some sort of absorbant diaper product.  If you are leaking that frequently out of plastic pants, I suspect they may be too tight and not sized properly.  Try a larger size.

• 4 years later...