LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has shipping by ABU gotten slower?

By this I don't mean how fast they ship out, which tends to be same day and that's great.

What I mean is, are they using a slower shipping service than before?

Or do estimated delivery always start out as absurd?

Estimated delivery right now on my latest order is 6 days, which seems absurd for what is 2 states away (just putting Baltimore to NY in Google says the 2 are about 3-4 hours away, so even though I'm a little further than that I don't honestly believe it should take 6 days when it has only taken 2 full days and then delivery on the 3rd before).

I'm only a bit concerned as I prefer my orders to come at a certain time frame to avoid being asked awkward questions about it

This just being because I live at home with my mom and younger brother, and my mom doesn't really understand and asks why? sometimes and I just would rather avoid the awkwardness because she know and doesn't support this habit of mine, but I will always be welcome home especially as I pay money towards bills.

Well considering that side of the US has been battle bad weather shipping through all carries would be slowed down somewhat. It's effecting the UPS hub even though it's on the other side of the country. It just really depends on who they ship through and their shippers policies.

2 hours ago, warpiper said:

Perhaps it has to ship from their warehouse in Everett, WA because they are out of stock of the item that you ordered? That would be my first guess.

-piper

It's actually coming out of Baltimore 

Also great news, my order is now estimated to arrive on Saturday.

Yeah 6 to 7 days for my order also. But if you looked at the shipping options standard shipping is USPS. Not UPS. If you want faster shipping your gonna pay as the rates for FedEx and UPS have increased. If your selecting USPS you just have  to order sooner.

I don't mind waiting as their products never disappoint. 

I always leave a 3 week buffer for my diaper supply just incase theres a delay in shipping or stock, Diapers are one of the items I can never run out of due to incontinence issues. I tried a few ABG plain white diapers and they did take a while to leave thier warehouse I really thought some one was just at the warehouse part time.

They may ship by a slower rate based on what postage will cost for the weight and size of your package if it goes by USPS.  Keep in mind what Little-Daddy-Toa said.  One package I recently shipped to California from Michigan which weighed 8 pounds and was in a 16 X 12 X 12 box cost $44 in postage Priority Mail and $33 if I send it Parcel Select over the ground.  I'm in Michigan which typically gets bad winter weather, but the east coast also gets some horrendous winter storms. This year even the south is getting crippling snow!  When I ship things I sell on EBAY I usually have a 2 day turn around but I had to mark my listings from 5 day to 10 day handling time with an explination that bad winter weather can crop up at any time without notice and cause delays, both from me being able to pack and also the post office from being able to pick up or me being able to take them to the post office myself.

On another note, I see flights delayed and canceled because of weather.  Sure, that is stressful and very inconvienient for those with tickets who have to get home, but don't these people realize that flying isn't like driving a car or taking a train?  Even car and train travel is severley curtailed by weather.  In my immediate area there have been so many interstate pile ups 40+ cars that have even made the national evening TV news, and I'm in more of a rural area.  If people are going to fly in winter, sure, be upset that your flight might be canceled or delayed, but also have some understanding for the weather situation and the ability and limitations of airplane travel.  This goes for UPS, FED-EX and all other shipping by air as well. You just can't fly in some types of severe weather, and personally I'd rather my flight be delayed or canceled than lose my life in a plane crash.

Just got an email from ABU. My order has shipped. I ordered on the 29th of January knowing they wouldn't ship to after February 6. I chose ABU economy shipping which was only $8.00 but was surprised that they are being shipped thru FedEx. Still 7 to 10 days wait but no big deal. Like Rob110, I always leave a buffer zone.