LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tape Diapers vs Pull-Ups

Diaper Types  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Diaper Types

• Tape Diapers
    • Pull-Ups

• 1 month later...

Tape diapers all the way, as someone who wears more often than not bordering on 24/7 it's super important that i don't leak when i'm out and about which happens all too often with pull ups; not to mention messes tend to leak out the sides of pull ups and ruin pants :(

I do still like occasionally wearing pull ups (especially goodnight with their cute designs) when i'm being little but that's only when someone's there to console me after having an "accident."

Tape diapers. :wub:  Nothing beats thick padding with durable plastic backing for absorbency.  Occasionally I'll wear Abena Abri-flex Level 3 pullups, which are more absorbent than some of the cheaper, cloth backed diapers.  I wear those if I'm not going to be away from home long.  For longer trips in the summer, when I need discrete diapers- I'll wear a better cloth backed diaper since the cheaper, thin ones hold one wetting at best. Pullups are good for wearing with a skirt or dress.   I've learned the hard way that equals multiple diaper changes when I'm out for a long day.  In the cooler months when I can wear more layers that hide my diapers, I wear a Dry 24/7 or similar diaper.  

Well, I guess I'll be the lone weirdo that prefers pull-ups. :p One of my big preferences is that a diaper be made "for women," and most of the tape diapers out there are unisex. I also don't use very often in public and never at work, so capacity isn't an issue. Also the purple Always Discreet Boutiques are cute... plain white diapers are just boring.

Having said that, the pull-ups I've tried for bedwetting all leaked so I'm giving serious thought to trying ComfiDry 24/7s for night wear since they seem to get consistently good reviews.

12 hours ago, lily~nyan said:

Well, I guess I'll be the lone weirdo that prefers pull-ups. :p One of my big preferences is that a diaper be made "for women," and most of the tape diapers out there are unisex. I also don't use very often in public and never at work, so capacity isn't an issue. Also the purple Always Discreet Boutiques are cute... plain white diapers are just boring.

Having said that, the pull-ups I've tried for bedwetting all leaked so I'm giving serious thought to trying ComfiDry 24/7s for night wear since they seem to get consistently good reviews.

I'd recommend trying some adult baby tape diapers, they have lots of cute designs to choose from even if you aren't so much into the infantile prints there are still cute feminine options that you could choose from like some of the Rearz designs or Fabine (the Rearz monthly trial box is my favorite it's like a surprise every month sadly it only gets shipped to the U.S and Canada)

12 hours ago, foofybabykitten said:

I'd recommend trying some adult baby tape diapers, they have lots of cute designs to choose from even if you aren't so much into the infantile prints there are still cute feminine options that you could choose from like some of the Rearz designs or Fabine (the Rearz monthly trial box is my favorite it's like a surprise every month sadly it only gets shipped to the U.S and Canada)

I mean, I'm kinda tempted, but... yeah, those are a bit much, especially for someone who isn't an AB. I'm also kind of the outlier here in that I don't like super-huge, super-padded plastic-backed diapers. Slim and discreet is what I go for. :)

On 7/24/2018 at 12:50 AM, lily~nyan said:

I mean, I'm kinda tempted, but... yeah, those are a bit much, especially for someone who isn't an AB. I'm also kind of the outlier here in that I don't like super-huge, super-padded plastic-backed diapers. Slim and discreet is what I go for. :)

*static* Mission failed, we'll get 'em next time *static*

Darn it, :P haha but no you do you girl. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2018 at 7:43 AM, SunOfSheep said:

Some examples : At work i perfer a pullup reason being if i need to go #2 or for some reason have the urge to use the bathroom and stay dry a pull up is 100% totally practical to use in a stall and it just slides on and off were a tape on one is much more work to get on and off without notice. but, if i need to chage in public, its defiantly a tape on im changing into so i dont need to undress to get the new diaper on. 

Agreed with that - but I think  there are better alternatives then pull-ups. I'm 100% with you when it comes to the point to have something that is easy to slide of. This was also for me an important point and the reason why I decided to use pads over the daytime at work. But you can also use the "flex" style diapers (what I still do when I'm driving on longer trips or in situation where I can not change that fast), they are also easy to slide down, but hold much more then pull-up and they are easy to change. 

Diapers to me are too hot, thick (chaffing) and just don't stay up as well as pull ups.  Diapers also fall apart inside.  Pull ups do have the same issues, but they seem to be less to me, but as we know the big draw back is absorbency and how long they last.  I can wear one from just after my shower to lunch time without needing a change.  A diaper would last longer, but do not want to be wet that long (or least a wipe in the various areas).

1 hour ago, 2sail2 said:

I can wear one from just after my shower to lunch time without needing a change.  A diaper would last longer, but do not want to be wet that long (or least a wipe in the various areas).

Ehm - OK... and how you change them without peeling of all you clothes? I mean - you can rip them of but how to get a new ones on?

When I relax as a Big Baby I wear pinned gauze diapers because I grew up wearing gauze diapers inside vinyl panties until I was 17. That was 1981 when I was getting ready to move 3,000 miles to university where the dorms lacked coin washing machines. I had to learn to accept Attends disposables with plastic back and sticky tapes.

Since that time pull-on disposables have been invented. Generally an adult pull-on will have much less capacity than a tape-on costing far less. I've been told that many people with very mild incontinence prefer the convenience of pull-on.

For me there are circumstances where I do use pull-on, such as when camping so that it is easier to change standing up. These days I rarely wear tape-on disposables. At home in bed I wear pinned on gauze diapers. Since 2014 my go-to day diapers are GoodNites Tru-Fit which have a washable outer panty with a waterproof pocket into which a disposable absorbent liner is fitted. That liner has no waterproof layer, so it is totally biodegradable.

For me, I like pull-on diapers for one reason.  "Failing" at being a big boy.  It's part of my regression, if you will.  Start out in a pull-on diaper, have an "accident", no longer a "big boy", get put back in diapers. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I have to wear taped on diapers because I am partially bladder and bowel incontinent due to back issues. Pull ups are not designed to hold a full bladder accident or a bowel accident and will leak every time you have an accident. For my accidents, I must use an all out adult diaper to contain everything. Over the diaper, I wear a diaper cover just incase the diaper leaks which is pretty rare, but when I go out, I have to use a lower capacity diaper for concealability. Those lower capacity diapers are the ones that are more likely to leak.

• 3 weeks later...