LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tape Diapers vs Pull-Ups

Diaper Types  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Diaper Types

• Tape Diapers
    • Pull-Ups

When using disposables, I sometimes used pull-ups, but switched to tape diapers as soon as I got the chance. Pulls up felt more like for kids than babies, and some brands just felt too adult. Tape-ons feel like they're for babies, which is precisely the feeling I'm going for. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Disposable taped diapers with plastic backing!  I will never wear cloth diapers or pullups.

You should try Seni diapers. They are cloth backed and very high quality. I use them all the time. The only time I use plastic backed diapers is in the winter time because they seem to be warmer. In the summer, I wear only Seni diapers because they breathe and feel cooler.

9 minutes ago, fillemup said:

You should try Seni diapers. They are cloth backed and very high quality. I use them all the time. The only time I use plastic backed diapers is in the winter time because they seem to be warmer. In the summer, I wear only Seni diapers because they breathe and feel cooler.

Thank you.  Though with me growing up in plastic backed diapers.  And liking the feeling of them is very important to me.  Plus the plastic backed diapers help me lose weight as I sweat vdown there.

I prefer tape-diapers. Mostly I wear Goodnites though, because they are discreet, I can buy them from a store, and can wear them for a couple days before using them (I'm poor). As for adult products, I really don't like pull-ons at all, and prefer plastic backed taped such as Tena Maxi (or whatever it's called now, haven't tried the new ones,) Molicare Maxi (I miss the purple). Actually since the Goodnites are girls, all of them have/had some purple. Though I'd say my favorite diaper now is Super Dry Kids.

• 2 weeks later...

In my eyes 'diapers' are and will always be with tapes. Pullups are, like people have already stated, meant for people who are capable of using the toilet. For toddlers, its easy for parents to pull it down and let the child do its business, but if an accident happens, then it isn't that big of a deal.

For adults, the same is true except that there are no parents involved. It is for people, who tend to pee if they laugh, sneeze or even if somebody scares them as a prank. (or something)

When I was younger, I bought the 'pants/pullup' variety because those were the only thing I had available to buy. So my preference will always be diapers with tapes and not pullups.

edit:

by the way,  I've noticed over the years that a lot of 'us' in the abdl communities always prefer plastic backed diapers, but I never really cared which it was. The plastic ones, tend to tear if you want to reposition the tapes unlike the other diapers. But my question is, why do so many of 'us' prefer diapers with plastic backing?

Edited by Kingdark
  • 2 months later...

I recently bought my 1st pack of pull-ups to experiment with & I've read others comments with interest.
They are easy to put on & I'm enjoying the comfortable & cosy sensations of wearing ,wetting & messing in them.
However, as others have pointed out the main drawback is they don't seem to hold nearly as much pee as the tena maxi slips I'm used to wearing.
1st time  I used pull-ups fully it was a good job I was cautious,. & put extra protective layers over the top. because they leaked a lot.
Going forward think I'll just use them for messing in & the odd squirt ..make sure I wear taped disposables if I'm planning on emptying a full bladder.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:20 AM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Disposable taped diapers with plastic backing! 

The way to go, huh? I abhor the cloth-like backed diapers. I do cloth when supply of tapes gets low or I'm using more tapes than normal.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:31 AM, Angela Bauer said:

Well stated, as usual, Rusty Pins.

I actually am profoundly urinary incontinent. I play big baby as a way of coping with the logistics of needing diapers all the time.

During the day as a responsible adult I need to be discreet. Since 2014 my primary day diapers is GoodNites Tru-Fit.

Virtually all my life for bed I have worn pinned gauze diapers inside soft vinyl panties.

I couldn't agree more. There are diapers and underwear. Whatever you prefer.

I selected pull-ups since they can also be pulled down,k which gives you the option of using the bathroom. I was sore after surgery and the removal of the foley catheter as I had a tiny leakage problem but could use the bathroom for going, Had to pee like a girl though but it was only for abo 4 days until I was confident enough to use regular undies

3 hours ago, ppdude said:

The way to go, huh? I abhor the cloth-like backed diapers. I do cloth when supply of tapes gets low or I'm using more tapes than normal.

I will never ever use those cloth back crap.  They suck and they do not feel right.

• Like 1

I started years ago wearing depend pullups because I only had the dribbles and didn't like my pants showing silver dollar spots. And it gave me an excuse to wear and get my wife used to the idea that I needed to wear diapers. Now 6-8 yrs later,,,, I do wet more than that, I also don't want to waste a good diaper so  since I don't work now.( been disabled for 3yrs)  I just pee when I need to. Its been a slow long thing to get my wife used to my new normal. See in the beginning I really wanted much more than needed to wear diapers. I now have back issues and I do wet without knowing it sometimes. It could be because I am more relaxed and wet without knowing it, or I wet and forget that I wet. Or some nerve damage from at least 3 parts of my back with damaged disc's. 

But I Have had a diaper ,, plastic fetish for as long as I have any memory ,, since I was a kid I never wanted to be potty trained. 

I guess I got carried away. and off subject.

The main thing I do see is its hard to really find the size that stays up wet and dry. if my depend gets full and they will hold more than I thought. But I need to get size small/med , in pull up. And I get LG in tape tab because for some reason most brands med, will not fit. The WalMart Assurance is one I can get med size,, and they hold more than 2 depends pull up. also the WalMart price is really good. I think it's 40 med was $15. 

7 hours ago, foreverdl said:

The main thing I do see is its hard to really find the size that stays up wet and dry. if my depend gets full and they will hold more than I thought. But I need to get size small/med , in pull up. And I get LG in tape tab because for some reason most brands med, will not fit. The WalMart Assurance is one I can get med size,, and they hold more than 2 depends pull up. also the WalMart price is really good. I think it's 40 med was $15. 

Does it have anything to do with place of manufacture, e.g. Asian sizing vs American sizing. You can't buy adult diapers at my local WalMart anymore. If it weren't for that, I'd probably never find better alternatives like Tranquility and later Dry 24/7, not to mention all the other ABDL diapers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm male and incontinent.  Pull ups are really not designed for anything other than light incontinence.  You also have to undress from the waist down to change them.  4 tape nappies are far more convenient and easier to change, they also come in a variety of absorbancies.

• Like 1