LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tape Diapers vs Pull-Ups

Diaper Types  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Diaper Types

• Tape Diapers
    • Pull-Ups

While I do prefer tape-up diapers, they're not as easy to change on my own because of my back problems and my fiancee's not always up to changing me because of her own aches and pains, or just being busy with other things that need taking care of.  Also, pullups are easier to find in terms of brand variety in stores and that's good since I'm only bladder incontinent.  They're also less bulky, you tend to get more in a pack than with regular diapers (which is good if you're on a tight budget), and they're just more practical for daily wear and use because I can usually make it to the potty without wetting so much that I need changed for awhile.  I just found a few packs of Tranquility pullups at a store today and they are fantastic (I also love their diapers and buy some whenever I can).

For me, I personally like tape diapers better they are more snug, and it is more authentic. I only wear taped diapers and I only use them for number one and I belief a wet taped diaper will not sag as much in comparison to a pull up, then again I could be wrong. I do not consider a pull up to be a real diaper.

Pull ups where never intended to be used as a diaper, they where intended to assist in toilet training.

I still find in hard to believe all the confusion between the two.

A diaper is meant to be put on and removed after I has been used.

A pull up is meant to be taken down/off so the wearer can use a toilet. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, iluvmydiapers said:

Pull ups where never intended to be used as a diaper, they where intended to assist in toilet training.

I still find in hard to believe all the confusion between the two.

A diaper is meant to be put on and removed after I has been used.

A pull up is meant to be taken down/off so the wearer can use a toilet. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, xander.williams said:

Pull ups don't hold as much, don't fit as well, don't stay on as well, and they start to smell sooner and worse than tape diapers. Bleh!

Besides, everyone knows diapers are for using. Pull ups are for potty training. It's okay to wet a diaper, but wetting in a pull up gets you a spanking and a time out; popping in a pull up gets you a big spanking and your pants taken away, at least in my house.

The thing is, Pull Up's by Huggies are meant as a disposable training pant for toddlers to learn how to use the toilet.  Pull on disposable underwear by Tena, Depends and all the other name and store brands are made for people who are toilet trained but have light bladder leakage when they laugh, sneeze or excersize.  I knew the confusion would one day rear it's head when people started referring to adult pull on disposable underwear as "Pull-Up's".  I believe that the original posting is Tape On Adult Diapers  verses Pull On Disposable Adult Underwear, not actual Huggies toddler Pull-Ups.  I think everyone realizes this, including the people I quoted here.  I'm just stating Pull-Up's are one thing, Pull On Disposable Adult Underwear basically do the same thing but are made for a different reason.

Maybe im different here but i trade off between the two depending on witch is easy er, how i feel etc.

Some examples : At work i perfer a pullup reason being if i need to go #2 or for some reason have the urge to use the bathroom and stay dry a pull up is 100% totally practical to use in a stall and it just slides on and off were a tape on one is much more work to get on and off without notice. but, if i need to chage in public, its defiantly a tape on im changing into so i dont need to undress to get the new diaper on. 

The same is true for at night, i have both pull up and tape on diapers in both cloth and disposables, i rarely put much thought into what im going to were before putting one on.

At lest for me a mix of both is perfect, id prefer what the real pullups brand has with removable sides that can be reattached, but also realize it dose not exist in my size and make due with ether.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:44 AM, rusty pins said:

The thing is, Pull Up's by Huggies are meant as a disposable training pant for toddlers to learn how to use the toilet.  Pull on disposable underwear by Tena, Depends and all the other name and store brands are made for people who are toilet trained but have light bladder leakage when they laugh, sneeze or excersize.  I knew the confusion would one day rear it's head when people started referring to adult pull on disposable underwear as "Pull-Up's".  I believe that the original posting is Tape On Adult Diapers  verses Pull On Disposable Adult Underwear, not actual Huggies toddler Pull-Ups.  I think everyone realizes this, including the people I quoted here.  I'm just stating Pull-Up's are one thing, Pull On Disposable Adult Underwear basically do the same thing but are made for a different reason.

Well stated, as usual, Rusty Pins.

I actually am profoundly urinary incontinent. I play big baby as a way of coping with the logistics of needing diapers all the time.

During the day as a responsible adult I need to be discreet. Since 2014 my primary day diapers is GoodNites Tru-Fit.

Virtually all my life for bed I have worn pinned gauze diapers inside soft vinyl panties.

Huggies pullups and Pampers easy ups are disposable training pants worn by kids who are toilet training. Their purpose is to protect clothing, furniture and floors from the accidents that go along with toilet training. They are designed to be pulled up and down so the child can use the toilet.The message a pull up sends is that the wearer is learning to use the toilet but isn't ready for regular underwear.

Adult disposable underwear (Depend, Tena, etc ) is designed for small leaks and dribbles. It is designed to be pulled up and down so the wearer can use the toilet. Adult disposable underwear can also serve as training pants for people who need to re-toilet train after an illness or injury.

Tape on diapers are for adults or children who  don't want to or can't use the toilet. They are designed to be peed in and changed afterwards. However, if someone was wearing a diaper and they wanted to use the toilet, I would remove the diaper so they could use the toilet.

On 2/11/2018 at 7:48 AM, hlcl said:

Huggies pullups and Pampers easy ups are disposable training pants worn by kids who are toilet training. Their purpose is to protect clothing, furniture and floors from the accidents that go along with toilet training. They are designed to be pulled up and down so the child can use the toilet.The message a pull up sends is that the wearer is learning to use the toilet but isn't ready for regular underwear.

Adult disposable underwear (Depend, Tena, etc ) is designed for small leaks and dribbles. It is designed to be pulled up and down so the wearer can use the toilet. Adult disposable underwear can also serve as training pants for people who need to re-toilet train after an illness or injury.

Tape on diapers are for adults or children who  don't want to or can't use the toilet. They are designed to be peed in and changed afterwards. However, if someone was wearing a diaper and they wanted to use the toilet, I would remove the diaper so they could use the toilet.

1. I was just calling any type of pull-on diapers as “pull-ups”. This includes training pants, youth pants, protective underwear, etc.

2. There's a guy on Daily Diapers, who has been wearing tape diapers continuously for 19 weeks, and since he doesn’t use his diapers for poop, he can pull down his diapers when he has to go poop without having to take the tapes off.

Cloth backed diapers let you unfasten/ refasten for toileting for #2.  It's rare for me to use pull ups anymore- they just don't hold much.  When quiet and thin are needed for discretion, I just use a cloth backed diaper.   Back when I first started wearing a lot, I started out with pullups- Abena Abri Flex Pullon, Level 3.   It had a pretty good absorbancy, comparable with some of the cloth backed diapers. 

Now I mostly wear ConfiDry 24/7s. 

• 2 weeks later...

pull-ups are a fun change of pace and feel very different from the taped diapers. i have a small stack of northshores pull-ups i dip into periodically, but i prefer the more absorbent and secure feeling taped diapers. pull-ups don't hold nearly as much, and they tend to sag and then leak. however that could be just to me being used to wearing diapers for hours and hours and hours. 

taped diapers for me!!

got to be a tape diaper for me. the pullup suggests that you are expected to try and make it to the potty ,where a tape on diaper means.. that is your potty. being a regressive ab.. i have no desire to potty train...

:baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Tape diapers 99% of the time I wear something other than underpants.  I have gotten to using pull on disposable underpants now and then when sitting at the computer on the diaper sites when I'm not diapered.  I find that they tend to keep the small wet spots and smegma spots off my cotton underpants.

I nearly always wear tape diapers.    The only exception was that I'm using up a bag of "stretch" diapers that I bought my mistake.   If I ever lose weight so I can comfortably get back into goodnites or the like again, I might try some of the printed ones there.

• 4 weeks later...

My diapers require diaper pins because most are cloth.  If I mostly wore disposables, I would choose tape rather than pull up.

besides, plastic pants are the only real pull ups, giggles

After a unexpected bout of diarrhea at work which forced me to change twice in a nearly-public place, I don't wear pull-ups unless I'm at or near home. They're fine up to the point where you put a fresh one on- after that it's far less trouble to not have to unclothe your entire lower body for another diaper and that's where tape-on diapers always take the win ;) 

Bettypooh